The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted June 24th, 2013 (06:41 PM).
93afogle93
Unhatched Egg

Let's say i have a level 8 Mankey, and it dies after one fight... is this normal? or a rare occurrence? I am just wondering my chances of another member of my team dieing. Are your starter, and legendaries excluded from this phenomena or is a universal equal opportunity chance to bite the big one.
Old Posted June 25th, 2013 (02:14 AM).
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93afogle93 View Post
Let's say i have a level 8 Mankey, and it dies after one fight... is this normal? or a rare occurrence? I am just wondering my chances of another member of my team dieing. Are your starter, and legendaries excluded from this phenomena or is a universal equal opportunity chance to bite the big one.
You obviously need to train a mankey, at level 8.
As you would with any other pokemon.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old Posted June 25th, 2013 (08:01 AM).
Moonmover
Unhatched Egg

Thank you, Atomic Reactor, for this wonderful free game!

The graphics are gorgeous.

I like that you are including some fakemon, but only a few. That's how I like it, personally.

I also was pleased to find that the gym battles were quite challenging (maybe I should have grinded more!), and I like that you can re-battle the last gym leader after you defeat the next one.

I've noticed a lot of little easter eggs, hidden items, and secrets hidden all over the world, which is always nice to have.

The miniboss battles with Pokémon on the overworld are pretty cool. I especially liked the scene where you encounter Marowak.

I love that the game has a day/night system. I don't know why Gamefreak stopped doing that after Gen2.

I do have some criticisms, though:

Some sound effects seem to be missing, such as the sound for having your Pokémon be healed by a nurse. Also, the battle music doesn't loop correctly. The song has a little introduction bit that plays when the enemy appears, and then is only supposed to loop after that part is over. In this demo, the music intro loops as well, which I am sure is not supposed to happen.

Most importantly, add a way to walk around Nidopoint woods after we've already cleared it. It's long, mazelike, and there is a random encounter every few seconds. Given the amount of backtracking this game encourages you to do, there needs to be a shortcut so as to not have to go back through those woods over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunivar View Post
Seems like good work, but the selection of Pokemon does seem a bit limited.
It is only a demo'.
Old Posted June 27th, 2013 (02:56 AM).
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Oh this is nice. Not to keen on the fakemon but I can live with it.I really like the battle backgrounds and how they change between day/night.
Old Posted July 8th, 2013 (12:39 PM). Edited July 8th, 2013 by Can of Nothing.
Can of Nothing
Loose Screw without Initiative

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Can of Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmover View Post
Some sound effects seem to be missing, such as the sound for having your Pokémon be healed by a nurse. Also, the battle music doesn't loop correctly. The song has a little introduction bit that plays when the enemy appears, and then is only supposed to loop after that part is over. In this demo, the music intro loops as well, which I am sure is not supposed to happen.
The music should all (hopefully) be replaced by me sometime, so don't worry. As for sound effects... I hope he gets to it?

I still haven't actually beaten the most recent demo yet, but I'm getting there, bit by bit. My album's more or less complete right now, so I'm trying to dedicate as much as I can to this soundtrack - expect a trailer up preeeeeety soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmover View Post
The music should all (hopefully) be replaced by me sometime, so don't worry. As for sound effects... I hope he gets to it?

I still haven't actually beaten the most recent demo yet, but I'm getting there, bit by bit. My album's more or less complete right now, so I'm trying to dedicate as much as I can to this soundtrack - expect a trailer up preeeeeetty soon!
Old Posted July 20th, 2013 (11:33 AM).
pokemonmercury

These look amazing! :D
I hope you'll be able to keep this going.
Old Posted July 31st, 2013 (03:04 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Yo everyone, don't know how many people check this out. But I can upload some screenshots later tonight, so I'd like to know what you'd like to see.

Either screenshots from the third Gym, which consists of the ice type. Or random shots from around the new city?

Also, I made a twitter account that will mainly tweet things about obsidian, Pokemon, and other games. So follow @atomicreactor if you're interested.
Old Posted August 1st, 2013 (02:58 AM).
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
Yo everyone, don't know how many people check this out. But I can upload some screenshots later tonight, so I'd like to know what you'd like to see.

Either screenshots from the third Gym, which consists of the ice type. Or random shots from around the new city?

Also, I made a twitter account that will mainly tweet things about obsidian, Pokemon, and other games. So follow @atomicreactor if you're interested.
such a tough choice I guess an exclusive look at the ice gym would be better than some town, since its so different (like everyone has towns, not everyone has ice) It would be interesting to see how you go about making it
I would follow on twitter but i dont use it :x good luck though

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old Posted August 1st, 2013 (03:12 AM).
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Yeah, unless the town has unique scenery, i'd say the gym would be better.
Old Posted August 1st, 2013 (07:22 PM).
stella
ಠ_ಠ

Nature: Quiet
Hi there. I discovered this game around early 2012. I have never really been active on PokeCommunity as a whole, but I decided to see what was going on in Game Development because, to my understanding, this is where I find stuff with fakemon in them. I like fakemon because a lot of creativity goes into making them.

Anyway, I found your thread and watched your Youtube walkthrough. It really amazed me at how much you put into it. I went through a small phase when I was in highschool where I wanted to make a Pokemon game. xD It didn't last very long when I realized that there's more to it than just making sprites and art. I really enjoyed your walkthrough. I haven't tried the game myself because I try to only play stuff when it's completed.

Keep up the good work. I didn't know this project was still running. Congrats on finding someone who can make custom music too. I bet that's a nice touch to your game.

Oh yeah, I'd like to see the gym too if the town is very simple. I followed you on twitter! :D
Old Posted August 1st, 2013 (10:49 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Well here's the gym. Unfortunately for you guys, the city that I would have shown off is bigger than any city known to date in the pokemon games, it is a large dark city with crime, gangs... and a bar. Idk, it would have been interesting, I swear!

How do you like these apples for your eyes.
Old Posted August 2nd, 2013 (02:52 AM). Edited August 2nd, 2013 by tImE.
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Spoiler:
Well here's the gym. Unfortunately for you guys, the city that I would have shown off is bigger than any city known to date in the pokemon games, it is a large dark city with crime, gangs... and a bar. Idk, it would have been interesting, I swear!

Amazing sprite-work by Aquakip, as always.
The gym itself actually looks a little boring, when you look at the first screenshot.
Couldn't you add a few rocks or ice pillars or other ornaments?

Still, keep up the great work man!
Old Posted August 2nd, 2013 (06:42 AM).
Saving Raven

Quote:

Spoiler:
you're kidding
looks like we've been dooped - oh well, the gym looks nice, but it seems a little boring (though I only see 2 shots of it) it seems like a mountain you climb - then again, if the ground is slippery and you have to climb the mountain it could make for the most annoying maze every - with the addition of trainers to boot x.x

however I do like what I see, fantastic work! keep it up, I just have to see more! haha

Old Posted August 11th, 2013 (06:26 AM).
Damiad

hey great game. ver y addictive, just curious when you'll be updating it again so I can go get my 3rd badge and so on
Old Posted August 14th, 2013 (10:13 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Just to let you guys know, I've lost a lot of interest in Pokecommunity, which is why I rarely update here. You'd have better luck seeing new material on the pokemon obsidian tumblr, or my youtube and twitter pages. Oh, and DeviantArt.

Here's an announcement about the next release.

http://atomicreactor.deviantart.com/...ears-393369142
Old Posted September 6th, 2013 (08:26 AM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Hey guys, here's a video of what I've been working on lately!

http://youtu.be/aLBqCUy1xiE
Old Posted September 6th, 2013 (08:58 AM).
Saving Raven

iunno if I totally like the idea of adding X&Y pokemon - but I guess you're just getting a jump start on it XP and you can always change it later (you beat me to it hahaha)

I like the idea of a whole "bad spirit world" alternate dimensions are a must (or at least a plus) for a lot of games, its awesome to see what you've done so far - but I have one question, how do you just "stumble upon" this world? and what is it's intended purpose?

Old Posted September 6th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

I'd totally love to answer your question, but those are plot points that will have to be explained by playing :)
Old Posted September 6th, 2013 (01:22 PM).
Saving Raven

Quote:
I'd totally love to answer your question, but those are plot points that will have to be explained by playing
oh you are just the worst!
thats too cruel man, too cruel...
seems like a depressing place though, like you'd feel bad for them...well maybe not the murderer o-o lmao - but it begs the question, that if there is a portal of sorts just there...why cant the ghost people pass through? or DO they, and thats where ghost pokemon come from! also, it didnt seem like you saw any ghost pokemon, or any encounters I should say, in that realm, will you in other areas? and thats how the player catches ghost pokemon? or are ghost pokemon caught in other ways?

Old Posted September 6th, 2013 (01:37 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Yes, there will be other areas later in game, with ghosts and others. It'll all be explained in due time haha
Old Posted September 6th, 2013 (01:46 PM).
Saving Raven

Quote:
Yes, there will be other areas later in game, with ghosts and others. It'll all be explained in due time haha
I can't tell if you're just trying to give me as little information as possible, or mis meaning what I'm trying to find out - do you mean to say other areas where one catches ghosts, like a mansion, graveyard, etc - or do you mean to say other parts of the lost soul dimension where one can catch pokemon?

and if you just say "yes", I'm going to give up x.x

Old Posted September 6th, 2013 (07:33 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

There will be other areas of the Lost Zone, accessible later in game, where you can catch Pokemon. The current area, which will be available in the next demo, as the 5th gym, will not have any catchable Pokemon.

Does that clear it up? lol
Old Posted September 21st, 2013 (06:57 AM).
nero1234

When did you add the panda pokemon cause now its a real pokemon comming to X and Y holy **** dude
Old Posted September 27th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

The game name sounds familiar, but obviously the thread started a little while after I left, so I guess it was still an idea at the time. (My memory's a bit fuzzy.)

Everything I'm seeing graphics-wise is seriously makin' me drool, here.

The Fakemons I'm seeing are also pretty damn awesome. I LOVE the fact that you've made SLOWBRO'S SHELLDER TAIL A SEPERATE MON. I bow before you. Not only that, but what it EVOLVES INTO is even cooler. (Sorry for the caps, but yeah, really lovin' this.)

Nice touch of realism by making Pokemon death a possibility; should make players a bit paranoid about letting their mons get near fainting range. (Not to mention, we've known mons could die since Gen ONE, so why ISN'T it a possibility in the main games, regardless of being a tad dark?)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old Posted November 18th, 2013 (02:51 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Reviving the thread so it doesn't get locked when someone else posts in it lol. I'll try to get a screenshot or two up soon.

Sponsored Links