The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 31st, 2013, 02:44 AM
Trifindo
POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR

Hi Spiky, I have been using MKDS Course Modifier and I was able to edit the title screen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pyc2Z7uGyo
Will SDSME support some features of MKDS like NCLR + NCGR + NSCR files or a NITRO explorer?
Thanks a lot for your tool.
Old July 31st, 2013, 04:36 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifindo View Post
Hi Spiky, I have been using MKDS Course Modifier and I was able to edit the title screen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pyc2Z7uGyo
Will SDSME support some features of MKDS like NCLR + NCGR + NSCR files or a NITRO explorer?
First of all, that title screen is simply AMAZING. I think you're the first one to successfully edit it. MKDS Course Modifier is a powerful tool, and I know features like texture and palette editing are attractive, but I'm not planning to add them to SDSME. On the other side, an explorer is already available, although in a different way than you may be expecting. If you navigate to the folder your current ROM is, you will see there's a new folder with all the game data inside. You can access and edit the whole filesystem of the game this way, but always making sure you close every program using the files (except SDSME, of course) when saving, or a random error may happen.

I may add a shortcut or something to SDSME to make it more visible

Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!

Beta 2 available!!

Old July 31st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Trifindo
POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
First of all, that title screen is simply AMAZING. I think you're the first one to successfully edit it. MKDS Course Modifier is a powerful tool, and I know features like texture and palette editing are attractive, but I'm not planning to add them to SDSME. On the other side, an explorer is already available, although in a different way than you may be expecting. If you navigate to the folder your current ROM is, you will see there's a new folder with all the game data inside. You can access and edit the whole filesystem of the game this way, but always making sure you close every program using the files (except SDSME, of course) when saving, or a random error may happen.

I may add a shortcut or something to SDSME to make it more visible
Thanks a lot for the information.
I have one more question, I have been trying to replace and edit the buildings models but allways the game frezees or the textures are wrong. I think that to solve this problem we must edit the file called "build_model_matshp.dat", is that correct or the problem is just the .nsbmd file?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:58 AM
Username?

Spiky, there is one thing I can't seem to get;
I'm trying to change a pond to act like a puddle with water encounters.
How would I do that?
IE: the first water you come into contact with in B2W2, I want to set it where you can walk across it and encounter the pokemon set just to the 5 water encounter slots.

Could you spare the time to tell me how?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username? View Post
Spiky, there is one thing I can't seem to get;
I'm trying to change a pond to act like a puddle with water encounters.
How would I do that?
IE: the first water you come into contact with in B2W2, I want to set it where you can walk across it and encounter the pokemon set just to the 5 water encounter slots.

Could you spare the time to tell me how?
The only way water table encounters happen is by surfing. I believe the water in Icirrus City uses a grass table. I'd take a look at that as a reference. Just remember that it's possible that grass and walkable water in Icirrus City can use the same table.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Lord Natural Harmonia Gropius
Pokemon HGSS Researcher

Nature: Relaxed
I will like to say DS game modding has come so far.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
Username?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
The only way water table encounters happen is by surfing. I believe the water in Icirrus City uses a grass table. I'd take a look at that as a reference. Just remember that it's possible that grass and walkable water in Icirrus City can use the same table.
Dang. I was really hoping for a way to get some water encounters early without needing a fishing rod.

Ok then;

Know any way to change the look of the map to include puddles in the grass? That way I could put some water pokemon in the grass table and it would at least /seem/ feasible for you to encounter -say- a surskit in the grass tables.

I really wish I could just make Key Items out of the HM's so you didn't need them.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Kaphotics
♥ Quick Claw Guillotine ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username? View Post
Dang. I was really hoping for a way to get some water encounters early without needing a fishing rod.

Ok then;

Know any way to change the look of the map to include puddles in the grass?
Edit the map so that it has the same tiles & permissions that mimic those at Icirrus City.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 01:49 AM
pokemontouroku

Quote:
AMAZING!! I learned to edit title screen by watching you do it.
But no animations.Please give me a clue.
http://uploda.cc/img/img51fcccc57eafe.png

Last edited by pokemontouroku; August 3rd, 2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Trifindo
POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemontouroku View Post
AMAZING!! I learned to edit title screen by watching you do it.
But no animations.Please give me a clue.
http://uploda.cc/img/img51fcccc57eafe.png
Really good title screen.
To add animations you must make them in 3ds max and export the .imd file with a .ita file. (This is my first clue)

Spiky, have you discovered something new about buidldings?
Thanks
Old August 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM
pokemontouroku

Quote:
Really good title screen.
To add animations you must make them in 3ds max and export the .imd file with a .ita file. (This is my first clue)

Spiky, have you discovered something new about buidldings?
Thanks
Thank you for your advice.
g3dcvtr.exe:imd→nsbmd,ita→nsbta
In spite of adding animations in 3ds max there is no change in title screen.
My method of adding animations is wrong.How I add animetios in 3ds max?
I feel so ashamed.
Old August 7th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Trifindo
POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemontouroku View Post
Thank you for your advice.
g3dcvtr.exe:imd→nsbmd,ita→nsbta
In spite of adding animations in 3ds max there is no change in title screen.
My method of adding animations is wrong.How I add animetios in 3ds max?
I feel so ashamed.
Very well, you are a good NDS hacker.
You must edit the offset of the texture coordinates and insert a keyframe (frame 0), then you go to the frame 30 (in the timeline) and you change the texture coordinates with a different number and insert a keyframe (fame 30).
You can use the play button to see your animation.
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to gatarda
Quote:
A starter editor wouldn't be hard to add, but I think that it wouldn't make very much sense in a tool like SDSME. However, maybe in the future I will make other small tools for things like that. If I have enough time, I will also try to write some basic documents on how to use SDSME, because the tutorials available don't cover everything and are outdated.

SDSME 1.9.0 will introduce a (once again) redesigned tileset editor, but that this time it will actually EDIT things. You'll be able to edit palettes and textures without MKDS, and also change some interesting settings that weren't previously available anywhere (transparency and texture flipping). Here's what it looks like (not finished, there are lots of features to add yet):

Looks cool. I haven't looked at your thread for weeks. It would be one of the most awesome things in NDS ROM Hacking history to be able to edit the palettes so easy.
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM
master3019

When I open up a Soul Silver rom, and go to the map editor, it shows it all white. I'm sorry if this problem has been addressed before, but there's a lot of pages, and I don't have time for that. If there's any way to fix this, please let me know.
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Lord Natural Harmonia Gropius
Pokemon HGSS Researcher

Nature: Relaxed
Master3019 You Need to use the Textures tab
Old August 17th, 2013, 05:23 AM
hank121314

When i try to launch the application a window displays: "Can not activate the GL rendering context". It pops every time I try to launch the app. Do you know how to solve this problem? I have windows 7 32 bits. Thank you :D~
Old August 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM
TigerG1992

Can someone explain to me how the event editor works to edit the current events of a game or make new ones? All those code language is really confusing me...
Old August 19th, 2013, 08:34 AM
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
I'm trying to simply remove all of the musical tracks from all of the maps.
But have been unable to succeed in doing so.
I've been. . .

1) opening rom (i have placed the rom in the same directory as sdsme)
2) editing a single entry, then saving header data
3) save rom as new file in a new directory
4) close sdsme
5) open sdsme, open rom
6) see the changes were not saved

what am I doing wrong?
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Michielleus
That random guy

Nature: Modest
I'm guessing this is a very simple problem, but I can't seem to figure it out.
When inserting a map, no matter what I do, all my buildings (the "outside"-ones) show up as dmybox00. I'm guessing something in the header needs editing, but copying vars from other headers doesn't work.

I'm using Platinum and try to insert a town over a map in route 224 and I'm borrowing the matrix from Victory Road.

A terrible hack; you don't want to play it.
I'll have a nice platinum hack up soon!

Lopunny is based on a playboy bunny.
Old August 28th, 2013, 06:53 AM
LuluHu

Hello Guys,
I´m new to hacking but I´d love to hack PKMN PLTNM. I´ve got sdsme but when I want to open it there comes the error message: "can not activate the gl rendering context."
Could you please help me.
sorry just saw this was already asked
I have:
Win7 64bit
nvidia geforce gts 250m
and 4gb ram

Thanks LuluHu

Last edited by LuluHu; August 28th, 2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:01 PM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucus View Post
I'm trying to simply remove all of the musical tracks from all of the maps.
But have been unable to succeed in doing so.
I've been. . .

1) opening rom (i have placed the rom in the same directory as sdsme)
2) editing a single entry, then saving header data
3) save rom as new file in a new directory
4) close sdsme
5) open sdsme, open rom
6) see the changes were not saved

what am I doing wrong?
If you dont want any music, just change the music id to 0(zero). Then save new rom or old rom, best to put in the same directory though. Also make sure you edit both daytime and nighttime just to make sure it works.

If anyone ask me why I'm not working on a RomHack anymore, I got really interested in Unity3D, now im testing alot of my pokemon work on there with a friend.

Last edited by VERGUNDAI; September 2nd, 2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Updates
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:34 AM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to gatarda
@VERGUNDAI
Maybe you could put this 3D model in a ROM hack, since it is Blender, which can be indirectly converted to NSBMD.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:49 PM
moudinho
Moudinho Of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Le sigh. I still cant find a solution to 'can not activate open gl'. Any help guys?
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Seeing the "Can not activate the GL rendering context" issue is not limited to a single person and seems to be more common, I decided to compare the actual code with that of SDSME 1.7.0, because up to that version there were no problems. I have found two commands which are supposed to run on startup and refresh the 3D renderers, and thus far I've been able to remove them without breaking the tool. Next version will include the change, and hopefully it will fix the issue. Sorry.

I'm also working hard on scripts. Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 aren't supported yet, but hopefully in 1.9.0 they will work (with limited support, script plugins won't work). There's an important bug in the current script engine too, which makes all Gen IV and V games to freeze during execution when compiling certain movements. In order to fix it, I'm rewriting most of the engine and scripts will now be loaded separately, even inside the same file.

Finally, I'm writing a PDF user's guide for SDSME. The guide will be included and updated every time I finish a new section, and will include pictures and complete explanations of everything.

I hope you're enjoying everything in SDSME. See ya

Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!

Beta 2 available!!

Old September 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM
LuluHu

Quote:
Seeing the "Can not activate the GL rendering context" issue is not limited to a single person and seems to be more common, I decided to compare the actual code with that of SDSME 1.7.0, because up to that version there were no problems. I have found two commands which are supposed to run on startup and refresh the 3D renderers, and thus far I've been able to remove them without breaking the tool. Next version will include the change, and hopefully it will fix the issue. Sorry.

I'm also working hard on scripts. Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 aren't supported yet, but hopefully in 1.9.0 they will work (with limited support, script plugins won't work). There's an important bug in the current script engine too, which makes all Gen IV and V games to freeze during execution when compiling certain movements. In order to fix it, I'm rewriting most of the engine and scripts will now be loaded separately, even inside the same file.

Finally, I'm writing a PDF user's guide for SDSME. The guide will be included and updated every time I finish a new section, and will include pictures and complete explanations of everything.

I hope you're enjoying everything in SDSME. See ya
Thanks a lot Spikey,
I´m suffering under the problem too
do you really live in spain that´d be really cool, because I love in germany, and was in
Spain in my summer holidays!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links