The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 15th, 2013, 03:59 PM
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
I'll go with the consensus and say between getting my 6th and 7th Badge (usually because I get Lapras last at Silph Co).

The first time I played though Fire Red, I pretty much replicated my Championship Team from the original Red: Charizard, Raichu, Lapras, Dragonite, Alakazam, Machamp. (I originally had a Pidgeot instead of a Dragonite, but this was the only change I made)

Subsequent restarts and replays of both this Fire Red and an extra copy of Leaf Green that I got from my friend, I planned out my teams, each time using a different team.

Old June 19th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Espeon20

Nature: Bold
I'm currently doing a playthrough of FireRed. I have 6/8 badges and my team is Charizard L46, Vaporeon L46, Dugtrio L46, Raichu L46, and Dratini L26. I'm still training the Dratini, but I don't know which Pokemon I should choose for my sixth member. Suggestions would be helpful and appreciated!
Old June 24th, 2013, 11:51 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I rarely beat the game with a "Full Team" I use 5 for most of the game... and sometimes it takes me upwards of Pokemon Mansion to get even the 5th pokemon...

playing with less than a full deck removes the need for time consuming grinding, because your exp from fighting trainers is spread out over fewer allies.

also because I am picking and choosing my specific team, I never replace anyone...

the 6th slot might be filled with a Meowth pining for PPups using his PickUp ability. but he is removed before entering the E4...

I recently started a Nuzlocke challange and even without my desired team I still only have 5 pokemon and am ready to face the E4

Last edited by LocksmithArmy; June 24th, 2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Pentagramman666
Booted out - don't be like me!

it usually takes me 12 hours and 29 minutes to get a full team.
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:41 PM
DraconianWing
Ω We fly Sky-High Ω

Nature: Relaxed
I never get full Pokémon teams until after the final gym. Usually I only use about 3-4 Pokémon while going through the walkthrough, and then go back to certain places to find Pokémon that I want/need after getting the final gym badge.

"I go fast. Not because I want to, but because no one else will..." -Mega Salamence by Dragonith
Old June 27th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I'm actually playing LeafGreen right now and I just beat Misty with 4/6 of my full team. I only need to catch Vulpix and get the Eevee in Celadon and then I'll have them all!
Old June 28th, 2013, 01:22 PM
DarkMoonPhase
The Lunar Beauty

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkMoonPhase Send a message via Skype™ to DarkMoonPhase
I didn't really get a full team until I got the 6th or 7th gym. I just leveled them all up and chose a balance of attack and speed.
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:12 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Pretty far just before the Elite Four as far as I remembered because there was no 6th worthy poke before that time which could fill up my team...
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:02 PM
nitemate
Don't play Pokemon anymore ...

Nature: Rash
usually I assemble my team only before victory road. Till then keep changing my party.
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Blaziken42205

I don't like having a large team early in the game so I generally try to spread the members out a bit. I normally have a full team around the 6th or 7th gym, although I'll occasionally catch my 6th in Victory Road.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 06:00 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

I caught every Pokemon I saw that didn't have a Pokeball on the battlescreen, unless of course it was a evolution, so all of these pokemon were EXP shared and short run through high level wild grass and then to PC after evolve.

By the time I had a full actual team that I meant to use as my team was after the E4.

Charizard
Pigeot
Raichu
Gyaridos
Persian
----------------Pre E4
Houndoom
----------------after E4

PairFriend Code
Old August 2nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
Rentoray

When i was small. I also train one Pokemon only. That Pokemon was my starter Pokemon, Mudkip. I dont know how did i mange to beat the Elite 4 and Champion too, LoL! That strange!

Edited: Did not see the prefix.. So this is for FR/LG only? If so, it take me 10 hour or so to get my team. My team only have 3 Pokemon. LoL! Find it hard to rise 6 Pokemon..

Last edited by Rentoray; August 2nd, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Clawvile

My starter was squirtle, and I quickly caught a pidgey. I got a Pikachu in Viridian forest. Then I caught a Nidoran and a Mankey after Pewter city. I finished my team off by getting a dratini in the celadon game corner.
My final team was:
Blastoise
Pidgeot
Raichu
Nidoking
Primape
Dragonite

The legend of golurk: Pokeflute of time
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:14 PM
ShadowE
Swarm Hosts, abusing dem Swarm Hosts
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Just before the E4 my team was full, containing:

Blastoise
Pidgeot
Nidoking
Arcanine
Rhydon
Magneton
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Powalen

Tbh, I don't think I really ever had a full team because I was constantly boxing and changing Pokemon up until the Elite Four.

Old August 14th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
3-5 badges It depends if i want to try something new or go with my classic team members
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Darkrai666
ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai

Nature: Lax
This Question..Well Since Im Really Choosy and Do not easily Like All pokemon So At the start I get My starter To Evolve quickly Then Most probably catch A pidgey and Mankey and A pikachu The pikachu goes after lets say the 2nd gym And I Release Mankey Which Is Now Primape after a while Pidgeot Stays And I really like Badass Pokemon So I usually havve a Team of 5 or 4 And I never really Keep 6

That is hard to understand..*Punctuation Marks*

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Dark Shadow 6
Kιηg Oƒ Hєαятѕ

Nature: Lonely
I Complete My Team After Beat Seventh Gym
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
CrowSvenson
DarkTrainer

Nature: Lonely
I generally have a full team by the third gym, at the very most. But I change it from there.
That being said, I can have a full team before I get Brock.
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

It took me quite a long time to get a full Pokémon team. I had to wait until I was finally able to beat the Pokémon league. When I defeated the league and was done with the main story, I shifted my focus to building a proper team for myself. My team consisted of Blastoise, Raichu, Ninetales, Dragonite, Breloom, and Metagross. I was able to beat many of my friends with this team, because it had a variety of types and the Pokémon were able to work with each other very nicely. ^^
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Altair
Incognito

I gained my 4th and last team member in Fuchsia City, a Poliwag. I chose Charmander as the starter, caught Pikachu in Viridian Forest and Diglett in Diglett's Cave.
I never use a full team of six, the highest I've gone is five (Platinum). So yeah, after obtaining my 6th gym badge, I caught my final member.
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Emburn
<3

Nature: Bashful
I normally have a full team by the 5th gym leader and will maybe swap stuff around if I catch anything good in the Safari Zone.
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Dark Zapdos
Arose from Darkness
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Usually before the 5th gym, but if i don't have water type, I go for a spheal as it can learn all water HM's and icebeam
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM
PatrickZ

I don't think I would ever have one... I usually used

Starter
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Arcanine
Marowak
and now I can't think of the rest
Old September 12th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Endless_Void
Rawr

Nature: Naive
I got six pokemon before the eight gym.:D
My Team:Venusaur,Arcanine,Articuno,Dragonite,Kadabra and Marowak.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here