The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

Welcome to the new Recolours and Fusions thread where all your fusion-and-recolour-posting needs belong here! I decided to do some cleaning and wanted to start fresh with this thread seeing how the old thread was a couple years old.

Rules & Guidelines

Official Pixel Art rules apply

Official Pokecommunity rules apply
This means that regardless of what you post, it must be contain 4 words and 25 characters the very least. Try to make your posts constructive as well to help the artist. This also includes no bypassing the rules as well such as the repetition of a certain character:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 words/25 Characters bypassing
The sprite is goodddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!
Uploading
When posting your sprite, you can upload it to various websites such as TinyPic or Photobucket. Use IMG tags to help you post your picture (sprite); to do so, use the IMG bbcodes
Code:
[IMG]Picture URL here[/IMG]

Posting

Just to clarification this place is only to post sprite recolours and fusions. If you would like to post your scratch (meaning work produced without the use of other sprites and pixel art in our case) then do so in the Spriter's Showcase Thread. And any discussion about Pixel Art programs, Pixel Art, spriting tips, etc. can be done in the General Pixel Art Discussion thread.

Definition
Recolours can be considered a broad term for a type of sprite, but for clarification what examples that should be posted here are
  • Flat out recolours like changing the palette, body colours and shades of an existing sprite. Note that it does NOT only have to be a Pokemon sprite and it could be a sprite from another game that is recoloured such as Sonic sprites. Seeing how it is a Pokemon forum, Pokemon is expected.
  • Shadow Pokemon, patterns, Retypes*, Outlines
  • And fusions included in this thread. Amalgamations* are allowed.
* an amount of detail and scratch work would be required to consider it as original work

-----
Having an all-in-one thread for fusions and recolours help prevent clutter here in Pixel Art. Recolours and fusions are great and all but showcase threads are mainly to show original work including scratch work-- we wouldn't want hundreds of threads containing just fusion/recolour work. Keep in mind if you want your own showcase you must contain 4 original/scratch work, after that you may post as many fusions and recolours you'd like in your showcase thread.

OP of old thread
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amachi
Recently, there has been a surge in activity in the Pixel Art section, and by all means, this is great. More people means more activity, and it's always great to see new people trying out pixel art for the first time - brings back the memories.

Anyway, the deal is that if every new person makes a thread about the handful of sprites they've edited, then the threads that actually contain work that were made with effort and dedication, and therefore deserve attention, get overrun and ignored.

So this thread is for all your recolours and fusions. Post them here, and only here, get them rated and criticised. Furthermore, anything like shadow, trophy, chao and so on are also to be posted in this thread.

Hopefully this will also encourage you all to move away from this starting point and move on to more detailed and creative pixel art works.

Keep pixeling!
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Elaitenstile
Sea turtles, mate.

Nature: Naive
Alright, to get the ball rolling, I'll post some of my old (emphasis on OLD) fusions here because these are the ones that need improvement and can bring out the critic inside fellow spriters.

And the special:

This one was my first actual fusion that involved spritework, so I myself see a lot of flaws in this. The idea is to stuff as many hand-heads as possible in Hydreigon's body.

Some of the above were made for fun, and others were intended to be actual beautiful fusions. In any case, blast away!

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Savvy?
#johnnydeppjacksparrow
Previously known as ★Hoenn★

Old June 27th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Lockdown
Doom in a can

Nature: Impish
Im not sure if this is the place for this, and if it isn't, then please tell me :D
So, I was watching Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and afterwards I had nothing to do, so I just started editing around on an Arceus sprite, and, well. these were the result of my boredom...... I would love some constructive criticism, truth and honesty. I can't get better if you lie about a sprite that's just a black block, saying its the best sprite ever......

Anyways

Arceus Enraged Form (Form, Forme, same thing.....)

And yes, if you look really closely, you can see a little white dot in the red stuff, I'm just too lazy to get rid of it.....

Arceus Enlightened Form

And now the hardest, and probably worst, of them all, Arceus Genesis Form

The idea of a "Genesis Form" came from the fact that he created everything. It didn't really come out the way I wanted it to, but it's 3:30 AM when i'm posting this, so I'm to tired to edit it.

So, I want your honest and truthful criticism, it and practice are the only way for people to improve.

K J H S U

Solo
LG G E P White
LG G E P White

Click it if you dare--->Do you dare?
Old June 28th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Logiedan

@Lockdown
We have a brand new thread where you should be posting those, and it's the Recolours & Fusions thread! :D
The Spriter's Showcase is just for scratch work, so I moved your post onto here.
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

Nature: Relaxed

A handful of fusions and amalgamon I made for a contest a few months ago.

Updated 11/07/10.
Old July 1st, 2013, 09:48 AM
Lockdown
Doom in a can

Latios, Latias, Laties, Latius

Laties

Latius

I don't know why I made these, I just did.

K J H S U

Solo
LG G E P White
LG G E P White

Click it if you dare--->Do you dare?
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
xdwasdx

Your sprite fusions are quite interesting. It seems like you took time to think about which pokemon might go together well.
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:23 AM
LuKeZy090

Fusion1.png

Fusion2.png

Fusion3.png

These are my first ever fusions, i hope the come out correctly cos they are attatachments.
Sorry if they are a bit small might have to zoom in with your browser!

Last edited by LuKeZy090; August 13th, 2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:51 AM
LuKeZy090

Fusion4.png

Heres one of the hoenn legendarys i just made! click it to zoom in!
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
no name for it but:
spinark and Cynaquil

Pachieon

Diggepuff

and finally

Spoinpuff
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Logiedan

Fusions belong in the fusions & recolours thread since you don't have any other sprites other than the ones mentioned. Merged with the fusions & recolours thread.
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Froslass_Maniac
Whoooo 8D

Nature: Quiet
*rises from the dead*

Some recolours.
*goes back in grave* xD
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:33 PM
PokemonCollector-N
Pokemon Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froslass_Maniac View Post
*rises from the dead*

Some recolours.
*goes back in grave* xD
Geez, that magma Golem is really great! All of you guys are just awesome. x3

Here are some of mine. Ignore the URL on some of them. That was an old blog of mine that I ended up deleting.
Attached Images
File Type: png Evil ask Spoink sprite.png‎ (4.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png Keldeo&Darkrai.png‎ (17.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png Digglord.png‎ (16.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Dorb and Dode.png‎ (5.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png Gen 5 typeswitch.png‎ (44.9 KB, 19 views)

"What if Canada was real?"

Magikarp? More like Magiking.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Elaitenstile
Sea turtles, mate.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonCollector-N View Post
Geez, that magma Golem is really great! All of you guys are just awesome. x3

Here are some of mine. Ignore the URL on some of them. That was an old blog of mine that I ended up deleting.
A small tip I'd like to give you: Don't resize parts of other Pokémon to make them look bigger and leave it at that. The snout of Diglett in that Diglett + Wailord fusion is very detracting and doesn't look nice. So is the eyes. You must remember to make the outlines only one pixel long, and smoothen the shading. But you're on the right track. I'd suggest practising fusions of Pokémon who look similar first, though. Nice ideas you've taken for the 5th Gen retypes, too.

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Savvy?
#johnnydeppjacksparrow
Previously known as ★Hoenn★

Old September 7th, 2013, 10:43 AM
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
so i've been screwing around with some sprites lately
voila, things

Last edited by mucus; September 7th, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old September 7th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Logiedan

@mucus
You're gonna have to include 4words/25characters as well with your post as that is one of the official rules of PC.
Old September 7th, 2013, 07:34 PM
PokemonCollector-N
Pokemon Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
A small tip I'd like to give you: Don't resize parts of other Pokémon to make them look bigger and leave it at that. The snout of Diglett in that Diglett + Wailord fusion is very detracting and doesn't look nice. So is the eyes. You must remember to make the outlines only one pixel long, and smoothen the shading. But you're on the right track. I'd suggest practising fusions of Pokémon who look similar first, though. Nice ideas you've taken for the 5th Gen retypes, too.
Thanks! I was actually doing the Digglet + Wailord one as a joke. It was a comment on how Digglet can be bred with Wailord in game due to the whole "Skitty on Wailord" meme going around. The Dorb and Dode one was based off of the Pokemon Fusions website. I saw a post on Tumblr that showed that, so I thought I'd do a proper sprite for it. Thanks again for the constructive criticism.

"What if Canada was real?"

Magikarp? More like Magiking.
Old September 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM
mucus
Moémon Master

Here we have Mageneyedon, another goofy sprite i made.
Old September 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Uzamaki Nagato
Pokemon Master

Nature: Calm
My Fakemons, right here and waiting.

Disregard the real sprites scattered throughout the image, please. The Fakes are in the centre.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to improve them? It would also rock if there's someone who could volunteer to edit the sprites I make (for hacking, hopefully) so they look better. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: png DSD.png‎ (24.0 KB, 22 views)
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
CreativeVision

Some Sacred mountain themed trainer sprites, though the kids feel off a bit. Suggestions are appreciated.

Spoiler:

edit: found the immediate problem with the kids and added a foreign monk to the group.
Image updated.

Last edited by CreativeVision; September 20th, 2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM
ShantyTown
Forever Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeVision View Post
Some Sacred mountain themed trainer sprites, though the kids feel off a bit. Suggestions are appreciated.

Spoiler:

edit: found the immediate problem with the kids and added a foreign monk to the group.
Image updated.
These look awesome! I hope they end up in a GBA hack, or a GB hack is you ever devamp them. I disagree about the kids looking off. They appear to fit in with the rest, in my opinion.
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:49 PM
CreativeVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShantyTown View Post
These look awesome! I hope they end up in a GBA hack, or a GB hack is you ever devamp them. I disagree about the kids looking off. They appear to fit in with the rest, in my opinion.
thanks, though I'm not sure what you mean by devamping? In style the kids fit certainly, but they feel a bit forced in the pose I guess.
I actually made a few more and devided them up in different themes. The sacred mountain theme (with basic overworld sprites now);

cultus themed (moved the foreign monk in this group);

arabian themed;

and last but not least a ruin maniac, based on a character involved in RP and a story:
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:52 AM
Katero

Here's a little fusion I did of Turtwig and Mareep! I am by no means a pro, and this is about my second or third fusion, so...
Attached Images
File Type: png turtweep.png‎ (816 Bytes, 98 views)

Mage of Mind
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

A wild Spriter appeared !
Spriter used post !

The ugly sprites are not very effective !
(No seriously they're bad)

Old October 30th, 2013, 04:18 PM
IceyPinkLemons

Nature: Lonely

It's Basculin's Violet-Striped form! Made for a contest over at Serebii. Speaking of which, hope another contest arises soon on here... :c

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links