The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite Rock types?
4 9.52%
6 14.29%
4 9.52%
9 21.43%
4 9.52%
23 54.76%
1 2.38%
1 2.38%
5 11.90%
5 11.90%
3 7.14%
3 7.14%
4 9.52%
5 11.90%
7 16.67%
5 11.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:03 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet

Rock-type Pokémon ~ July 31 - August 7

Welcome to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in Pokémon Voting Polls, where we aim to determine who PokéCommunity’s favorite Pokémon is! This will be a grand undertaking that will span across a couple of months, where we will start with hundreds of Pokémon, in hopes to rank the most popular Pokémon in the eyes of you- the members of the PokéCommunity!

For those of you that aren’t quite sure how this process works, here’s a quick rundown/FAQ that should catch you up to speed:

Spoiler:
  • Every week, there will be a new poll stickied at the top of PVP. Each thread will have a different elemental type, which will include a list of Pokémon to vote on.
  • You aren’t required to pick just one Pokémon- you can vote for as many as you like to ensure your favorites get through. The Pokémon with the most votes at the end of the week will face off against the other winning Pokémon in a final poll to crown the champion!
  • Not only will the winning Pokémon from each poll move on to the final vote, but they'll be featured in Pokémon Voting Polls' forum splash for a week.
  • In order to preserve space, we’ve grouped all of the applicable evolutions in a Pokémon family together. If a family rather than an individual were to win the tournament, we would hold one extra run-off poll to decide the most popular member of the family.
  • Unfortunately, we don’t have enough space to include every single Pokémon. If your favorite seems to be missing or you prefer a Pokémon for their secondary type, make sure to vote Other Pokémon in the poll (represented by the ?), and leave a post voting for that Pokémon.
  • In the event of a tie at the end of the week, Brendino will have the tie-breaking vote.
  • Legendary Pokémon are not included in this round of voting. Don’t worry, though- they’ll be voted upon near the end of the tournament to round out the final number of candidates.
  • Furthermore, members who vote and post for a majority of weeks during the tournament will receive an emblem depicting the winning Pokémon!
  • If there are any questions that you need answered, feel free to leave a comment in this thread or send a VM to Brendino to get it sorted out.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until August 7th, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

Last edited by Brendino; July 31st, 2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:26 AM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
I don't use Rock types too often, but I do have my favorites:

Probopass has the greatest moustache of all the other Pokémon with moustaches and it has a rare type of evolution. It also has a great cry.

Cradily and Armaldo are by far my favorite ancient Pokémon. I've used both of them in R/S/E and they were extremely helpful against the Elite 4. I also like their designs.

Tyranitar has always been one of my favorite Gen. 2 Pokémon. It's powerful and it's also a pseudo-legendary.

Last but not least, Sudowoodo. It's watering can event in G/S/C/E/HG/SS makes it unique and Bonsly is definitely my favorite baby Pokémon. I thought it was so cool that you could use on in XD way back when.
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:27 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

...you missed out Aerodactyl. I don't really want to vote until I know whether or not he's going to be added :/
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:28 AM
Wobbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
...you missed out Aerodactyl. I don't really want to vote until I know whether or not he's going to be added :/
Just select the question mark symbol and comment that you voted for Aerodactyl. I think that's how it works...
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:31 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
Aerodactyl wasn't forgotten- it will be including in the Flying Pokemon poll when the time comes (Pokemon aren't going to be included in multiple polls). But just like jsziede said, you can still vote for "Other" and post that it's for Aerodactyl. If enough people do that, there's nothing stopping it from winning!
Old July 31st, 2013, 02:43 AM
Aslan
the pretender

I really like Aerodactyl, in terms of its speed and power in battle. Plus I'd say its pretty badass being able to use a 60 million-year old Pokemon that has recently been resurrected. I love the fact that its based off the pterodactyl, always was one of my favourite dinosaurs. Overall great design, great stats, helpful abilities and while its outclassed by Archeops, I feel like it has a better fighting chance as it isn't hindered by Defeatist. Its always been one of my favourites and by far, my favourite Rock-type. I've also always like Armaldo (mainly for its design since I've never used one myself), but I'd love to give it a shot.

i'd rather be anything but ordinary, please.
Old July 31st, 2013, 04:29 AM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant

Nostolgia is a huge factor here. Our first gym battle we face off vs Onix in Pewter Gym. I've always found onix to be an appealing character. So my first vote was this boulder snake.

Cradily resembles an ancient anenome, has a great color palette, and a unique body shape that makes it borderline adorable. This was an easy choice for a vote.

Perhaps my overall favorite Rock Type, I've always liked how the mandible is designed like bulldozer, as well as the shield face and head with two iron spikes on the top which is reminiscent of a castle wall. This prehistoric dino is completely under appreciated; I hope he gets some more votes.

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old July 31st, 2013, 04:40 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I opted for the Tyranitar line because quite frankly, Larvitar is badass, Pupitar is badass and Tyranitar is...well badass! They not only look cool, but they're powerful Pokemon. I've used the Tyranitar line and they've been a great asset to my team. I also chose the two Kanto fossil lines because they're Pokemon I took a particular liking to them when I decided to do a fossil mono run in Diamond. I quite likee the two move sets of the lines, especially the diversity Kabutops has.
Old July 31st, 2013, 05:57 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Onix! Giant snake made out of balls of rock = win.
Old July 31st, 2013, 05:49 PM
Castform
Raise your what!?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Tough choice, but I went with the Kabuto line just from past experiences of using them and they are very strong Pokemon with a great design.
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:00 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Tyranitar because I like T-rexes.

Kabutops because it looks like a ninja and has swords for arms. Swords.
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:09 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like the fossil Pokemon, mainly the Kabuto, Anorith, Cranidos and Archen lines, because of their offensive natures in battle. I like Archen/Archeops the best out of the fossils because it hits fast and hard, even though Defeatist cripples it at half health or less. The archeopteryx is one of my favorite non-dinosaur prehistoric creatures too.

Old August 1st, 2013, 08:11 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Lunatone has always been in my top five so it definitely get's my vote, same goes for Solrock too, both good Rock type Pokemon.

Old August 1st, 2013, 10:19 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Oh wow this time i voted for the currently winning family. Why I choose Larvitar's because they are Bulky and strong fighters. You just have to be patient when you are raising them as they require a lot of experience to level up
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:05 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Chose Onix, such a simple design but incredibly creative and cool. He is the whole package.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
adventure
across K A N T O

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
Chose Onix, such a simple design but incredibly creative and cool. He is the whole package.
So true!!

Tyranitar, honestly? That's not original or cool enough for my taste. Onix is the rock type pokémon imo. Plus Geodude maybe, but Onix still gets my vote.

... together with Roggenrola - Gigalith because they were honestly a bit too interesting to not get a vote. So similar to Geodude - Graveler, yet so different and with cooler attacks.

But still, go Onix! Come on, five more days, get some Onix lovers here! ;D
Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Looks like we have a clear winner here wow. XD

I choose Archen because it's such a beautiful Pokémon and the idea of a flying rock bird is really cool to me (sorry Aerodactyle, learn to be more tropical!). The family is very interesting and a lot of fun to train, and despite their main quirk being a pain in the butt it makes them very fun to use. I love the Archen family so they definitely get my vote!
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
alienhunterx

But i do like Archen's as well as Gigalith's family. Still had not tried Archen but I heard it's tough. Played a hack and used Gigalith, i must say it was a bad ass.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:06 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

I chose the Archen Family because it has a really awesome design and It looked cool for a rock/flying type Pokemon. I also chose The Bonsly family because I always loved Sudowoodo.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
Esper

Corsola is my favorite, but Solrock is kind of my other favorite so I vote for both of them. I guess I like round Rock-types with 'sol' in their names.

deviantart blog pair
Old August 3rd, 2013, 10:43 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Tyranitar no ****ing contest.
Old August 4th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Antemortem
I'M HETERO FOR KAYA SCODELARIO

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Speaking of Corsola, where is it? :< I threw another vote on the Larvitar line since Larvitar is one of my favorite Pokemon.

kawaii in the sheets
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Gladius
the prophet

Shuckle and Tyranitar. Shuckle because no one can touch Shuckle, and Tyranitar because Tyranitar. ):
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Infinite Latios
Champion

Nature: Impish
Tyranitar. It's the most powerful non-Arceus Rock-type.
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:09 PM
alienhunterx

Seems like Tyranitar has gotten the highest number of votes even more than previous winners. Cool keep on the counter to maximum
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links