The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:07 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
That's just a list of what countries you can get it in. The main description is above the Pokemon underneath the event name. That's the description that tells you what stores you can get it in.

Spoiler:

Also a bit off topic, but yes, New Zealand is a country: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand
Does that mean you can't get them in the Netherlands?
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:14 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
Does that mean you can't get them in the Netherlands?
It does say the Netherlands among the list of places where you can get the events.

Old August 5th, 2013, 05:35 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
It does say the Netherlands among the list of places where you can get the events.
Is there some one on here who can tell me exactly where? Google is no help with this at all, it says EB games but the closest one is Germany, but did get a hint about a store called the "Game Store" but not sure where that is.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:56 PM
IAmAGiraffe

The other day, I did a GTS with a Ivysaur, who was once affected by Pokérus, but had that straight face meaning it couldn't spread it, right?
I also heard you cannot get a Pokérus from just running from a wild Pokémon battle, right?
I was searching for a shiny the other day, looked at my Pokémon stats and all of them in my party had a Pokérus!
I've been wondering how it's happened since it couldn't have been the Ivysaur that's given it, since it's in the box and also can't be wild battles since all I've been doing is running.
The only thing that I can think of is that recently I was breeding my Ditto with a Japanese Solosis, but I don't think that could affect anything?
I know the Pokérus is a good thing, but I'm just REALLY confused to how my Pokémon have got the Pokérus out of nowhere!
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

It actually does come from a randomly encountered wild Pokémon. The Pokémon that you battle with is the first to get it, and once a Pokémon has it, every battle you participate in following acquisition is a chance for it to spread to the rest of your party so long as that member stays in your party for each battle.

When I first got it, I thought I got it from the Larvesta on Route 18 (the gift Egg). However, I now think it came from a battle on Route 18 since Eggs typically don't hatch with Pokérus.

I also got Pokérus in a hack. Again, I was training and not paying attention and saw it suddenly on my party. On both games, I've infected other members of my party and stored them in the PC to maintain the "disease" since any Pokémon stored at midnight game time will not lose it.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM
S7Kid

Nature: Calm
With the upcoming closure of the Dream World for the Gen V, is there any other way to reset EV's without using berries?
Old August 9th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7Kid View Post
With the upcoming closure of the Dream World for the Gen V, is there any other way to reset EV's without using berries?
Not in BW. Only in BW2 with the Barber and Café in Join Avenue.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:55 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
Not in BW. Only in BW2 with the Barber and Café in Join Avenue.
To add, you also get EV reducing berries from a Pokemon Breeder on Route 5. (B2/W2 only)

Old August 9th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
To add, you also get EV reducing berries from a Pokemon Breeder on Route 5. (B2/W2 only)
To further clarify, they are the Pomeg, Kelpsy, Hondew, Tamato, Grepa and Qualot Berries.
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:12 AM
S7Kid

So the easier way would be trade them to BW2, reduce the EV's there and then trade them back, since there's no way to do it in BW. That's too bad.
Thank you all for the answers (:
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Actually, after the BW GL closes, this will be the best time to use cloning abilities to clone items in Action Replay since you can no longer grow them. Or play it normally until it closes, make sure to export all of your items, then run a max berries code since you'll never have another opportunity to grow them.

On the one hand, you'll never be able to transfer any of the Berries to Gen. VI. You'll have to start over in the new GL.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 10th, 2013, 09:18 PM
S7Kid

Yeah, but since I don't use Action Replay or cloning methods, aside from trying to gather the highest amount of berries, my only shot on resetting EV's would be trading the Pokemon to BW2 and do that Barber and Cafe stuff, Cerberus mentioned, and then trade it back. Or I misunderstood something there?
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Yeah, but since I don't use Action Replay or cloning methods, aside from trying to gather the highest amount of berries, my only shot on resetting EV's would be trading the Pokemon to BW2 and do that Barber and Cafe stuff, Cerberus mentioned, and then trade it back. Or I misunderstood something there?
Some Berries reduce EVs. I think you're overlooking that.

Old August 10th, 2013, 09:28 PM
S7Kid

Yeah, I know. But they won't last forever.
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Yeah, I know. But they won't last forever.
Hence why, after the B&W DW closes, Action Replay will be handy.

Old August 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Slvc

Hi! Just a quick question - If you battle people in multiplayer, does it show up in your Pokedex? I'm just curious because of how the online trading works in this game. Thanks!

Current Party: Machamp (soon to be Gallade most likely..), Litwick, Mewtwo, Crobat, Servine (soon to be Torterra?), Dewott (soon to be Feraligatr?)

Found my Pokemon Platinum =)
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvc View Post
Hi! Just a quick question - If you battle people in multiplayer, does it show up in your Pokedex? I'm just curious because of how the online trading works in this game. Thanks!
Nope it doesn't sadly, you need to see them in-game to get them registered in your Pokedex before you can search for them on the GTS. Pokedex data only gets recorded as "seen" if seen or obtained in-game, not in multiplayer.
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Slvc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Nope it doesn't sadly, you need to see them in-game to get them registered in your Pokedex before you can search for them on the GTS. Pokedex data only gets recorded as "seen" if seen or obtained in-game, not in multiplayer.
Thank you for your reply. I see. So how do people ask for rare Pokemon or Pokemon from other generations on the in-game trade option? If this question makes sense lol

Current Party: Machamp (soon to be Gallade most likely..), Litwick, Mewtwo, Crobat, Servine (soon to be Torterra?), Dewott (soon to be Feraligatr?)

Found my Pokemon Platinum =)
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM
pokenerdmania

difference between IV and EV?
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenerdmania View Post
difference between IV and EV?
IVs are those hidden stat values that are set and are different on each individual Pokemon, however when breeding you can pass down the IV stat you want by holding the corresponding Power Item.

EVs are points you accumulate towards your stats when you defeat certain Pokemon, or use certain items, like vitamins. EVs are essential towards having good stats in competitive play.
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:22 PM
pokenerdmania

Oh so IVs are values from items like power brace. EVs are those values from battles. Hope I got that right
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenerdmania View Post
Oh so IVs are values from items like power brace. EVs are those values from battles. Hope I got that right
That is of course correct.
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
What Pokémon can you get in Black but not Black 2? Same goes for White versions.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Pendraflare
Megapede in the Shadows
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
What Pokémon can you get in Black but not Black 2? Same goes for White versions.
Let's see:

Black but not Black 2: Murkrow (except in the Hidden Grotto in Pinwheel Forest), Honchkrow, Houndour, Houndoom, Shroomish (breed from Hidden Grotto Breloom).

White but not White 2: Paras, Parasect, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Poochyena, Mightyena, most of the Pokémon obtainable in White Forest.

Those are exclusives to the original BW that can't be found at all in B2W2, with the exceptions of Murkrow and Breloom that can be found in Hidden Grottoes.
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:39 PM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
I'm playing Black 2 and training up in the Virbank Complex before I challemge Roxie. After agreeing to help the foreman, I've found and battled two of the three workers: Isaac and a man with a Japanese name (can't remember, but it started with M). Now I'm having trouble finding the third worker...could somebody please help me? Many thanks!

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links