The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old February 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
I can make evolutionary stones with this
thanks
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Criminon

A couple questions about the evolution stones. I'm new to hex editing, and when I search for the offset, it doesn't find it. I'm making an evolution stone, and I figured it would make sense to use the ????? after leaf stone. It's 63, in dec, it's 99. subtract 13, and I have 86. multiply by 4 and I have 344. Converting to hex I have 158. Adding that to the offset, I have 252A14. When I open hex workshop, I click edit -> find and I type in the offset 252A14. It says it cannot be found. When I right click the info and go to "goto" and type it in, it brings me to what seems to be a random spot. When I type the digits into that spot, it has no effect. Could someone explain hex workshop, or maybe lead me to a better one? Thanks!

edit - got it. thanks!
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:44 PM
awipe1

Alright so I created my item but I am having a problem.

I don't want this item to be able to be used, or to be tossed or to be given to a pokemon. It's an important item and you need to collect 20 of them in the game. Is there a way to make the item so the player can't throw them away?

Last edited by awipe1; August 11th, 2013 at 07:02 AM. Reason: New question.
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Gorrioncillo

sorry to reopen the post, i find this very useful, but for some reason the pointer of the bag, after use the custom item, goes to some place far away from the custom item, i don't know what i'm doing wrong, is there some way to fix it?
if you need mor explain, well, the pointer to the item which i want to use just disappears.
when i move the arrows up it appears again, but with some bugs, i follow, and many times, the steps of this tutorial, please help me.
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Seth1353

Nature: Jolly
nice man. small problem tho when i go into my bag to get the item my screen goes black and it doesnt work, help?
Old July 9th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Huy567
The Shadow Feather

Uhm..is there a way to make a custom item that has more than one effect? like arceus's plates or giratina's griseous orb. I'm trying to recreate those items in pokemon firered for my hack in progress and i have no idea how to make an item that changes type. As for forme, the only instance i can think of is castforme, but it changes according to weather.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 07:04 AM
NICKSID14

Hey guys,i have a problem,when i use my new item is not running my script,the only thing is doing is closing the bag
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 12:17 AM
daniilS
busy trying to do stuff not done yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huy567 View Post
Uhm..is there a way to make a custom item that has more than one effect? like arceus's plates or giratina's griseous orb. I'm trying to recreate those items in pokemon firered for my hack in progress and i have no idea how to make an item that changes type. As for forme, the only instance i can think of is castforme, but it changes according to weather.
That requires ASM. I've got some code that will change a poke's index number when it's holding certain items, but I still need to document and post it.

Thanks to JPAN, Jambo51, Shiny Quagsire and knizz for teaching me almost everything I know about hacking, through tutorials or in person.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here