The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Fire Heart
Reject Revolving Door
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
Sex doesn't matter whatsoever to me when it comes to if you're my friend or not. You could be male, female, gay, straight, whatever. I judge based of character. That being said, my closest friends are both male and female, and I love them to bits.
Basically this ^

I have many friends online and offline, that are both female and male. It doesn't bother me at all. Gender doesn't define friendships and I love every single one of my friends.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:35 PM
MisterCotton

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterCotton
As much as I think that genders don't matter, I can say that I have many female friends who are online. They seem to be super nice, that they can accept anyone's request. But in my case, I befriend them because of their interests.

I have a few guy and girl friends IRL. Unfortunately, they come and go really quickly than online friends.

Old July 24th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Harbinger of Pain

Nature: Quiet
Most of my friends irl are guys while online it is mostly women. I do not mind having different kinds of friends just so long as they are not complete asses now.

This is the work of God.
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:54 AM
WillPowerPedro
https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson

Nature: Jolly
it is fine to have other friends that are other genders. i mean why wouldnt it?

I just released a few albums a couple days ago. If you go to my tumblr, there are links there!
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Offline I have a lot more male friends than female. Online it's much more balanced. I'm probably just socially awkward around girls IRL or something haha, but anyway there's nothing wrong with having friends of a different sex than you. Why would there be a problem? >_<
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillPowerPedro View Post
it is fine to have other friends that are other genders. i mean why wouldnt it?
Maybe because there could always be some underlying sexual attraction that makes things awkward or something. I don't really feel that towards guys I've placed in the friend zone though. BAHAHA.
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old July 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Well, Red's dropped the friendzone bomb haha...

Okay, on topic. Quite frankly we are, in general, psychologically predisposed to go through weird phases in our lives where we get along better with our own or with mixed genders (I'll add a citation later if I can be bothered going through my Child Development text book). Basically when we are really young, we don't care, then in our primary/elementary school years we tend to gravitate more to our own gender and then once we hit adolescence we tend to have more diverse groups again as far as gender is concerned.

Do I believe that this is a steadfast rule? Not really, I view it more as a developmental trend personally.

Honestly though, I have almost always gotten along better with girls/women than with males. Whether it is children I have worked with, elderly people I've had a chat with or within my social circle I have always gelled better with the female species females. I don't think there is any real reason for this, I think it is just how life as turned out. I tend to care about the personality of the person a lot more than their gender - or anything else really.

As for the whole "sexual undertones" thing - that can be present even in social groups where most people are of the same gender because homosexuality exists.

In short, I really don't think it matters in the slightest and I wrote this response way too much like I would in debates instead of a chit-chat one.
Old July 27th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
My closest IRL friend is a girl. The closest person to being a friend who also isn't a friend is also a girl. But when your sample size is this small I don't think you can say much
Old July 27th, 2013, 11:46 PM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
where is this thread even going. i think everybody has friends of the opposite sex.
Old July 28th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:batto:. View Post
where is this thread even going. i think everybody has friends of the opposite sex.
You'd think so, but not always. I'm sure some women are exclusively friends with women and some men see women as sex objects and not friends. If so you can expand the question to which do you have more of, male or female, or which gender do you find it easier to make friends with?

Oh btw I may have sounded like a bit of a chick hater earlier in the thread, but I do have female friends of course! What I meant to say is there's always a bit of sexual tension and reservation because y'know, i'm attracted to girls? It just changes the way you think about and behave with them, even if we were were just friends
Old July 28th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Briar
how do you make coffee sexy?

Nature: Impish
i really don't see the issue with being friends with people of both sexes. although in my high school days, since i went to an all-girls school, i had mostly female friends, which was quite understandable.
personally, i would be friends with you if we share the same interests and ideologies, or if we can both have random discussions and intellectual discourses. the sex matters not.

i'm Briar.
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i have some male friends and they're okay...it just people don't control their feelings..they can be friends but to some limit if it's passed i say they can't.

besides..i like my girl friends..at least we can talk about our silly girly stuff without ze silly guys nagging ;p teehee

Old July 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Dott

Nature: Timid
Gender is irrelevant to me when I make friends. If you're nice to me, I'll probably like you. One of my best friends in real life is a guy and I love him to bits, but it's purely platonic

Old July 28th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Infinite Latios
Champion

Hermaphrodite fiends? How scary!
Taking the title of the thread as you meant it and not as it would literally mean, I don't care what gender my friends are. Friendship is something where trivial things like that really don't matter.
Old July 29th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Green Stache

I get a long with females just as well as males, I don't care which one they are. And like Sweets Witch said, I've got gay friends, different religion (I'm Christian and my bestfriend thinks God is the dumbest thing he's heard of, we both respect each others beliefs never the less), a bit socially awkward or even have some sort of disability or a bit strange. It's nice and interesting all the people you can meet and get a long with.

But I will admit, I did become best friends with a girl, who I then loved for a long time, and still do.. She liked me back, and we eventually dated. And it was great, a girlfriend who was my best friend, and it was awesome... But then she ended it, and now shutting me out of her life and now is 'best friends' with another guy (You can already see what's gonna happen), and it hurts like hell, losing not only someone I loved romantically, but with such great friend ship and trust, and like family..

But I guess it's life, and you will lose friendships, and form knew ones. I just wish I didn't have to lose that one..
Old July 29th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I have girl friends. I have guy friends. Why do people care?

It's completely normal and everyone should just see it that way.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
To be honest, I think I've got an equal amount of girl and guy friends both online and offline. On both those platforms, I've got a group of like 5 guys offline and 3 online who I'd say are my closest mates overall, but I've got a whole plethora of other friends also. Problem being the girl I was closest friends with got a boyfriend and he's made it very clear he doesn't want me talking to her...xD
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Patatas Fritas
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Patatas Fritas
Generally I tend to only hang around with girls and I'd say the vast majority of my friends are female, but that doesn't mean I don't have guy friends.
I have no problem having friends of a different gender that I'm not the lover of, I don't see why that would be an issue with anyone? I'm just friends with who I'm friends with~
Maybe buy me a Diamond Ring

Old August 5th, 2013, 05:15 PM
daigonite
Ninjas Against Bottomless Pits
Community Supporter

Most of my friends are guys and I'm about as promiscuous as a potato so I don't really care.
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:47 PM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
I see no problem with having friends of the opposite gender as you. Neither is it wrong to be friends with people who identify as intersex or genderless, or people born male but identify as female, or both genders or people who are gay. As a kid, I had more female friends than male friends. The number of male and female friends I have are a bit more equal today, but I still have a lot of female friends. I guess I'm just more comfortable around females than males at times. I can enjoy being around males, though. I just pick friends for the good qualities I see in them and if I like them as a person.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I have no problem with that. Male or female, we're all human. We are allowed to be friends with anyone we want to. I'm a female, and I have a few guy friends who I hang out with regularly. Online, I have even more guy friends. They're all really good people. =)
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Because the school I was at was very male-dominant, I mostly had boys than girls when it came to friends. However I lost all contact with them once I graduated in 2010. But I don't think it's bad to have friends who are the opposite gender as yourself.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old August 5th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
I generally play around girls nowadays but when I was younger, I used to hang around the boys a lot and I find no issue with it. I still get along easier with them actually since my personality is more like there's, but I generally hang around a mixture of both. I don't care what gender someone's friends are and I think multi-gender friends are awesome. Online I definitely know a lot more guys than girls but I'm not bothered by that at all. (:
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:24 AM
zakisrage
In the trunk on Highway 10

Most of my friends are male, but I do have a few female friends. My best female friend is my girlfriend, but I'm also friends with her female friends. Even then, most of my female friends are at least slightly tomboyish. It's hard for me to be friends with a complete girly girl who loves fashion and hates video games. I do follow a little fashion myself, but I couldn't care less about what's on Australia's Next Top Model (our version of America's Next Top Model). Though I do get along with my older sister, who loves fashion and rarely plays video games (she likes them, but she's very bad at them).

My friends tend to be quite diverse. Only a few of my closest friends are Muslim (mainly because there aren't as many Muslims in Newcastle as in Sydney, but in Sydney most of my friends were Muslim). Most of them are actually Catholic, strangely enough. I'm even friends with a Jewish girl and an atheist girl. I'm friends with many autistic people like myself too.
Helga: Look Phoebe, you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleep over you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
Phoebe: Just get out.
- Hey Arnold

Last edited by zakisrage; August 10th, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

I'm fine with different-sex friends.

As for myself, I'd say I have a healthy balance of girl and guy friends. :-)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here