The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
I think it good addition to the forums is a Facebook sharing button under threads or posts to share a particular thread or post to your Facebook. also I think there should be an option to post your threads and other posts to Facbook using a checkbox when you are typing a post or a thread to PokéCommunity forums that says 'post to Facebook' many sites or incorporating this and other forums have too so I think PokéCommunity Forums should too...
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I guess a share button could be implemented very easily, although for now just download AddThis if you want to share something on a social network.
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I am a Facebook user and a PokeCommunity user but do not in any way want the services linked, if you want to share a PokeCommunity post so badly then take a screenshot then upload it. And you shouldn't do that without someone elses permission. Many users here would also be uncomfortable here if you could find them on Facebook or had their forum activity plastered over a strangers wall. What if someone uses linked posts to comment abusive things on Facebook, wouldn't that be out of the moderators jurisdiction? Our personal lives and forum activities are often completely different, no need to muddy the waters. I think a whole lot of users here would also be against the idea.
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Eren Jaeger
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
I don't think that's a good idea.. although, maybe some people will like it.
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Magic

I can understand sharing particular threads, put 'posting to facebook' is a social media thing, not a forum thing.

It works for twitter and sometimes blogs (tumblr, for example) but I don't really see it being compatible with pokécommunity.

In the mean time, why not just copy the URL of the thread and share it that way? If you copy/paste it into a message or status update the little image and summary will appear below.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
I can understand sharing particular threads, put 'posting to facebook' is a social media thing, not a forum thing.

It works for twitter and sometimes blogs (tumblr, for example) but I don't really see it being compatible with pokécommunity.

In the mean time, why not just copy the URL of the thread and share it that way? If you copy/paste it into a message or status update the little image and summary will appear below.
I agree with this totally. Just copying and pasting the link of whatever you want shared onto Facebook is plenty enough for someone to click the link and browse the topic themselves if they wish to actually look at it. And to add to that, Facebook has a good URL algorithm and it will at least describe what the topic is about.
Fairy
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:29 AM
abnegation
adventure

You guys do realise that forums are a kind of social media right? Most of the good forum software include this option, as well as the option to share the page in a tweet. I see no harm in adding the options to do it down at the bottom of the page. It would be completely non-intrusive.

And for those saying that PC shouldn't be linked to other social media sites, go ahead and take a look at our footer, we have 3 others we already link to. Which keeps people updated and in the loop when we're not on the forum. So I'm all for adding like/share/tweet buttons at the end of each thread given that they legitimately cannot do any harm.
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
By the way, we had share options already (and they looked ugly at the bottom), which we moved to the top of the thread (the "Share This Thread" link). And then not too long ago, we polled the members to gauge found the usage of various features - nobody cares about it, so we've since removed it entirely (don't ask me when). I think a much more tailored alternative would be the one offered by a toolbar or browser extension, or in some browsers, a "Share" button. Given the low usage of the feature, I don't see the need to stick one directly onto PC.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:13 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
Facebook & Pokecommunity would not be connected on my account. Kind of a pointless idea in my opinion.
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:45 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post
I am a Facebook user and a PokeCommunity user but do not in any way want the services linked, if you want to share a PokeCommunity post so badly then take a screenshot then upload it. And you shouldn't do that without someone elses permission. Many users here would also be uncomfortable here if you could find them on Facebook or had their forum activity plastered over a strangers wall. What if someone uses linked posts to comment abusive things on Facebook, wouldn't that be out of the moderators jurisdiction? Our personal lives and forum activities are often completely different, no need to muddy the waters. I think a whole lot of users here would also be against the idea.
I agree strongly with this, if you want to share posts you can share your owns by either taking a screenshot or simply sharing the direct link to a particular post, other than that I don't see integrating FB with tPC is necessary.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here