The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games > Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews

Notices

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Want to showcase yourself playing a game? Want to write a guide on how to beat the hardest levels of a game? Or maybe you want to give your review of a game you have? If so, this is the place for you!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I updated the Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews: Thread Index thread I made so that you can take a lookie at the latest LP stuff: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301292

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:36 PM
LuxLax
Want-To-Be Master

Nature: Gentle
Should I put my voice in my play through that I'm going to make like MunchingOrange or not like PurpleRodri? I'm so confused!
Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxLax View Post
Should I put my voice in my play through that I'm going to make like MunchingOrange or not like PurpleRodri? I'm so confused!
Merged with this thread sticky as questions fit better here than in a separate thread.

Your question is rather confusing though if one has no idea what those people sound like/how they do their dialogue, as well as not knowing what you want to playthrough. =/ Try to elaborate more, please.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Hello guys!
So i just started a youtube channel and I'm doing my very first Let's Play (:
I would love to post the videos here, only "problem": The videos are in german...
Is it still ok to start a thread in this case or not?

Thanks in advance for replying

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Hello guys!
So i just started a youtube channel and I'm doing my very first Let's Play (:
I would love to post the videos here, only "problem": The videos are in german...
Is it still ok to start a thread in this case or not?

Thanks in advance for replying
I think that'll be cool~ Maybe you could provide caption translators that are in English?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I think that'll be cool~ Maybe you could provide caption translators that are in English?
Well, then first of all, thanks!
And the caption thing could surely be done (:
I'm not quite sure though how to do it?
Should i post the video and some caption? How many should i post?
I'm sorry for asking so much stuff, i just want to get it right

Old July 10th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Well, then first of all, thanks!
And the caption thing could surely be done (:
I'm not quite sure though how to do it?
Should i post the video and some caption? How many should i post?
I'm sorry for asking so much stuff, i just want to get it right
You can add a closed caption text to your youtube video. :3 You'd generally have to make a plain text file, which are saved under txt. You can do this on Wordpad. Then you'll have to transcribe it, and upload it as your captions after you've uploaded your video. Youtube will automatically sync it for you. Or, maybe you can just make it in Window's Movie Maker, if you have it.

If you want to find out more, this video below explains it very clearly:

Hope that helps. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
You can add a closed caption text to your youtube video. :3 You'd generally have to make a plain text file, which are saved under txt. You can do this on Wordpad. Then you'll have to transcribe it, and upload it as your captions after you've uploaded your video. Youtube will automatically sync it for you. Or, maybe you can just make it in Window's Movie Maker, if you have it.

If you want to find out more, this video below explains it very clearly:

Spoiler:

Hope that helps. :3
Thanks a lot for the info, I'll definitely check out the video and then see what i can do (:

Old July 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I did a Let's Play of Super Mario Land and I want to post it here.
However, I managed to finish the game quicker than expected, and the LP lasted only one part. Is it still okay for me to post it here, seeing how it is only one part?

Old July 27th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown# View Post
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I did a Let's Play of Super Mario Land and I want to post it here.
However, I managed to finish the game quicker than expected, and the LP lasted only one part. Is it still okay for me to post it here, seeing how it is only one part?
The.. whole game was only one part? I think that's fine, I suppose. ^^:

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old July 27th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

Mario Land is one of those games where I've played it so much that I can't not speedrun it.

Old July 29th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

I have a urge to make a Lets Play of StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, especially the campaign itself, however. Since im playing this on my laptop the quality isnt that good and thats mostly noticeable during the cutscenes. Should i skip them or just play them anyways?

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old August 5th, 2013, 03:48 PM
LarvitarBoy

Hey guys, I'm a new member at PokéCommunity and I was thinking that I wanted to do my first Nuzlocke. So I thought that I could just write about it rather than preparing a whole new video. Well, I just wanted you guys to tell me which of theses games should I choose.

Pokémon Light Platinum
Pokémon Volt White
Pokémon Blaze Black 2

Please tell me which of these games should I Nuzlocke.
Appreciate it. Thanks

Hey guys. Which of the following should I Nuzlocke?

Light Platinum
Volt White
Blaze Black

Last edited by LarvitarBoy; August 5th, 2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Hi LarvitarBoy,

I think you should go for the game you enjoy playing the most and are also very comfortable with playing. If you're having fun doing the LP of that game, then it makes it easier for us to enjoy your content as well. Personally, I don't really mind which of the games you pick, and I think that most of us share my opinion. I say to just go for whatever game you will be able to produce the better gameplay and commentary from.

If you have any more questions regarding your situation, feel free to ask! I hope that this helped~
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:31 PM
LarvitarBoy

Thanks Pave Low

I dont know if you already got this but I just wanted to ask you whether I should post the lp on this thread or a make a new one. Again, thanks
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

If you are going to post the LP, do it on a new thread and remember to use the YouTube tags. If you don't know how to do it you just put the last bit of the YouTube link (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JACXMILrSNs) between [YOUTUBE] tags. The YouTube tag at the end must have a / before YOUTUBE.

If you have any more queries regarding making a thread and what to/whatnot to include, be sure to read the Let's Play, Guides and Reviews Rules. If you still need help after that you can ask again here, we would gladly help! Or if you would rather want to ask about something that you don't want to post here or see fit to request individual help, the moderator Miss Doronjo.
Old September 9th, 2013, 08:04 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
I REALLY want to do an LP. The only problem is I don't know how I should go about recording my footage. I would either be using my DSI XL, my 3DS XL, or my PS3. What are some good recording tools and software for those systems?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old September 25th, 2013, 08:00 AM
THZskillz
The Highest Zero

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to THZskillz
I want to do a LP for Pokemon Y version when it comes out but I need some kind of advice or tips to recording a 3ds to make this happen. So is there anyone who could offer me advice to help
Old September 27th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
You can purchase a capture 3DS, I forget the site but its around 400 dolars, or you can send them yours and they will customise it for you. Other than that... Just a standard camera.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 02:55 AM
Knormageddon
King of Strong Style

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Skype™ to Knormageddon
Hey guys! I've read through the Let's Plays, Guides, and Reviews Rules sticky, but I have a few quick + unanswered questions.

I'm part of a gaming channel that has 4 of us playing games, making Let's Plays, etc. I was wondering if I could make a post for each of the series that we're putting up, or if I can only post about one series at a time? We only have 4-5 series, but most are 7-8 episodes already, with one of them just starting today.

Secondly, if I were to post an in-progress Let's Play, would I have to post about one that's just starting, or could I put my first post up with, say, 7 episodes attached already?

Regardless of answers, thank you for considering my questions, and I'm loving some of the LP's that I'm seeing on this board! Keep 'em up, guys. :]
Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:07 AM
Dragon
inifinte

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knormageddon View Post
Hey guys! I've read through the Let's Plays, Guides, and Reviews Rules sticky, but I have a few quick + unanswered questions.

I'm part of a gaming channel that has 4 of us playing games, making Let's Plays, etc. I was wondering if I could make a post for each of the series that we're putting up, or if I can only post about one series at a time? We only have 4-5 series, but most are 7-8 episodes already, with one of them just starting today.

Secondly, if I were to post an in-progress Let's Play, would I have to post about one that's just starting, or could I put my first post up with, say, 7 episodes attached already?

Regardless of answers, thank you for considering my questions, and I'm loving some of the LP's that I'm seeing on this board! Keep 'em up, guys. :]
Hi there!

For the first question, It's up to you, I don't think it matters to much. As for the second, you can put up a LP that's already started, but, you'll need to update your thread with all the videos; and not just links - the actual videos.

Hope that makes sense!
Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:11 AM
Knormageddon
King of Strong Style

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Skype™ to Knormageddon
Thank you very, very much! In that case, I'll put up a few Let's Plays that hopefully everybody will enjoy.

Thank you again for the (very quick!) response! :]
Old November 3rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
TheAsvarduilProject

So, I'm about halfway done with my Pokemon Gold LP (I've defeated the first Kanto gym, and cleared Johto and the Elite Four completely.)

What is the general consensus on non-Pokemon LPs in this community? I've done some Let's PvP in Star Wars: The Old Republic, and I've got an ongoing series around the Hearthstone beta. I'm also considering some other games like Magi Nation for the GBC, or even the first Dragon Warrior.

Let's Play Pokemon Gold (Ongoing)
Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:43 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

If you can get the viewers' interest, then you can LP any game you want. Yes, you'll have the built-in audience for Pokemon LPs because you're posting to a Pokemon forum. That doesn't mean that you, or anyone, should limit themselves to just Pokemon LPs. It just means that it might be a little more difficult to get views/comments.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 11:39 PM
Brane
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
If you can get the viewers' interest, then you can LP any game you want. Yes, you'll have the built-in audience for Pokemon LPs because you're posting to a Pokemon forum. That doesn't mean that you, or anyone, should limit themselves to just Pokemon LPs. It just means that it might be a little more difficult to get views/comments.
Pfft I've Let's Played Pokemon in the past and about 20 episodes in I can't get more then 10 views per video. So YOU LIE.

I'd actually recommend doing a different game if even just a side project. There are so many Pokemon Let's Plays, yet sometimes you find games with only 1 or 2 Let's Plays. I reckon you should do what you'd enjoy most.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links