• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Developing] Pokémon Nox Online

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
E2wNvfq.png

Introduction

Did you ever play Pokémon and think how awesome it would be if Nintendo made a Pokémon MMO?
No need to dream any longer..
Pokemon Nox has arrived!

Story

Once upon a time, a meteor containing an alien virus crashed on earth.
This meteor was recovered by a scientist from the Team Rocket Remnants.
He considers the meteor and the power it contains the way to restore Team Rocket to its former glory.
If Team Rocket succeeds in extracting the secrets from the meteor, the world as we know it may no longer exist.
Prof.Oak knows Team Rocket recovered the meteorite and failing to contact Red, he gives several new trainers a starter Pokémon in the hopes they can find Red.
Together they may be able to prevent the biggest disaster the Pokémon world has ever faced.
(This is the old storyline, this will soon be replaced with the new one)

Features

• Original Storyline with lots of quests •
• Chat, Trade and Battle with players all over the world •
• Original Region and Storyline •
• Trainer skills •

Screenshots

f91NfM6.png.

Current Team:

Me - Creator
Quenten - Writer, Co-Leader
Slizer02 - Pokemon Rebalancing
Melon Ninja - Spriter
Dismissal Amoeba - Helper
Soof - Mapper

Special thanks go to Poccil, Maruno and Blizzard.

Credits:

Kyledove
Alucus
Chimcharsfireworks
WesleyFG
Light-Pa
lalo0101
Rayquaza.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Its a really unique story, I like it but I would like to see more about the game before giving full comments :). If you need help please P.M I would love to help out with the story and stuff

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
what kind of new region? you make it sound like theres 3 regions, though the screenshot I see is the path just before pewter city - do you mean you'll be redesigning both regions? are you unable to go to johto? is red no longer on silver mountain? if he still is, are you able to reach it and not johto, because they are right next to each other according to hg/ss (the most recent one ive played :P) and how do you reach hoenn? through a boat ride? after you reach there do you have to keep taking the boat ride?

- in HG/SS there was a train that took you from kanto-johto and vice versa, however, there was also the road to the elite 4, that was sort of a grey area, it was in both johto and kanto - basically when your in 1 region you cant fly to the other, but you could fly to that road, and then fly to the other region much faster than the train - my question is how will you be dealing with this, is there no need to be in the other region when you're in 1? are there exclusive pokemon in each region?

This is planning on being an MMO, is there a limit on pokemon? some games have a limit on beasts and monsters and require players to take action in making more, through growing seeds, or other means, is your game just like a normal pokemon game? are there quests? are the quests the same for each person? can you do double battles with other players? can you team up to take on a gym leader? are gyms a solo thing? are there dungeons? are the gyms a dungeon OOO:

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
what kind of new region? you make it sound like theres 3 regions, though the screenshot I see is the path just before pewter city - do you mean you'll be redesigning both regions? are you unable to go to johto? is red no longer on silver mountain? if he still is, are you able to reach it and not johto, because they are right next to each other according to hg/ss (the most recent one ive played :P) and how do you reach hoenn? through a boat ride? after you reach there do you have to keep taking the boat ride?

The final game will have 3 accessible regions, Kanto, Hoenn and Johto.
Red is no longer on silver mountain, silver mountain may still be accessible.
You reach Hoenn by a boat ride, after you've taken the boat ride you can fly.

- in HG/SS there was a train that took you from kanto-johto and vice versa, however, there was also the road to the elite 4, that was sort of a grey area, it was in both johto and kanto - basically when your in 1 region you cant fly to the other, but you could fly to that road, and then fly to the other region much faster than the train - my question is how will you be dealing with this, is there no need to be in the other region when you're in 1? are there exclusive pokemon in each region?

Each region will have some exclusive Pokémon.

This is planning on being an MMO, is there a limit on pokemon? some games have a limit on beasts and monsters and require players to take action in making more, through growing seeds, or other means, is your game just like a normal pokemon game? are there quests? are the quests the same for each person? can you do double battles with other players? can you team up to take on a gym leader? are gyms a solo thing? are there dungeons? are the gyms a dungeon OOO:

The only limit to how many Pokémon you can have is how much space the boxes have.
It's just a like a regular pokemon game but with more quests etc.
The quest may change depending on some variables (starter pokémon etc.)
Gyms are still a solo thing, and there will be dungeons.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Good to see this back. I like the Windows 8 look that all the UIs have. I can't say that I like the current tiles as much as the ones you used before but hope the progress goes well. If you need any help then just send me a PM. ^^

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Good to see this back. I like the Windows 8 look that all the UIs have. I can't say that I like the current tiles as much as the ones you used before but hope the progress goes well. If you need any help then just send me a PM. ^^

Yeah in my opinion some of the old tiles were better too but I have trouble finding them again.
I don't need any help at the moment but when I do I'll pm you for sure :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
If this is an MMO that means we can trade pokemon with other real people, correct? how many pokemon are there in the game? those 3 regions+evolutions, or all of them? or what O.o

anyway, this sounds really cool! I hope it turns out well, you already seem to have a good handle on it since you've answered my other questions ^ ^

-one thing, how will trainer battles work, I'm assuming theres still the normal trainers etc, but will there be PvP? if there is can you do it all willy-nilly? could you stalk people and constantly ask them to battle? can you battle but only in a Colosseum type of thing? can you only battle trainers on routes and such, and the towns and cities are "safe areas"

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
If this is an MMO that means we can trade pokemon with other real people, correct? how many pokemon are there in the game? those 3 regions+evolutions, or all of them? or what O.o

Yes trading with other people will be possible.
All 649 Pokémon will be in the game with the exception of some legendaries.

-one thing, how will trainer battles work, I'm assuming theres still the normal trainers etc, but will there be PvP? if there is can you do it all willy-nilly? could you stalk people and constantly ask them to battle? can you battle but only in a Colosseum type of thing? can you only battle trainers on routes and such, and the towns and cities are "safe areas"

The final game will feature pvp, you'll be able to challenge people with everywhere with a few exceptions.
There will also be a limit how many battle requests you can send to one person within certain time period so people won't be bothered.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Update

I finished Pallet Town, which version do you guys prefer?

yE7xMzY.png

Version 1

aqpPE4b.png

Version 2

NUauX5y.png

Version 3

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Little Update

In the end I went with #1 , I also edited the pallette a little bit and replaced the building back to hgss style because they look a lot better in my opinion.

wK4cw1u.png

Also finished Kanto Route 1

D2T5D9M.png

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Little Update

In the end I went with #1 , I also edited the pallette a little bit and replaced the building back to hgss style because they look a lot better in my opinion.

wK4cw1u.png

the professor's building looks weird, like its really wide and long, but its really short

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I agree that it look short but it was the best looking lab tile I could find.
Also what do you think of Route 1?

oh I didnt see it before, It looks great, I like all the layering with the mountain cliffs and everything, but the middle one seems a little too empty

Back