• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen The Coolest Pokémon in Unova

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
Years
Vanillite, Samurott, Druddigon, Meloetta.

Vanillite- It's a freaking ice-cream cone. How can you get cooler than that?

Samurott- A giant seashell horn and a sick mustache to boot? Count me in!

Druddigon- A thorny dragon with a nice color palette. Radical.

Meloetta- I always imagine it lives in Italy.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Braviary is pretty darn cool. I also really like Serperior (it's one of my favorite Pokemon) and Zekrom/Reshiram too.

Oh, and Volcarona. I really like the little sidequest you take to get it and it's pretty easy to capture. Plus, it's a fire butterfly—how awesome is that?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
#1: Snivy evolutionary line. I remember the hype surrounding "smugleaf" when it was first unveiled, and it's evolutions stayed true to this attitude. It even had its own meme. (I chose Oshawott as my starter, to comment on my impartiality.)

#2: Zoroark. Illusion ability and a badass design. I don't even like Zoroark that much, yet I can't ignore his coolness factor.

#3: Scrafty. Sagging IRL is not cool, but the fact that Gamefreak connected the idea of a lizard who sheds its skin with this fashion statement is pretty darn cool.

#4: Excadrill. Similar to Zangoose, the red scratch marks on its body imply, imo, both that he can make his enemies bleed and scar them. Hardcore.

I went through the list of all unova pokemon before coming up with this top 4. A bunch of notable mentions are things like Braviary, Hydreigon, and Chandelure.

Last edited:

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
495.gif

U mad bro? Can't mess with this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Bisharp or Hydreigon. Bisharp is just plain awesome because of it's design and stats.
Hydreigon, it's pretty cool. I'm not usually a fan of dragon types (or Pseudo legendaries) because they're over powered but seriously who doesn't love Hydreigon? It's freaking awesome

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
Volcarona. So beautiful, strong, wonderful, exquisite, sensational... I could go on, but I won't.... Bug/Fire, for crying out loud. :P

Years
Oshawott duh, you know me.

The thing's so adorable but pulls off badass poses with dat scalchop, and an awesome-looking samurai-themed evolution line.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
  • Samurott, and in fact his entire evolution line. Evolves from an adorable little ball of fluff and a otter ninja to a gigantic four-legged samurai with swords attached to its legs. Is amazing in battle with good stats.
  • Emboar. More original in one breath then in Infernape's entire monkey body. Wrestling pig! Wrestling pig! Two words that totally belong together! Great design and toleratable stats, and is also very versatile.
  • Hydreigon. Three headed Dragon type with awesome origin, uncontrollable rage and powerful attacks along with great stats. It takes a while to get one, but it's worth it.
  • Vanilluxe. Take something as stupid as ice cream and turns it into a defensive Ice type. An Ice type with Acid Armor is something deserving of worship! Great stats, better then that ragtag Glaceon and packs a lot of punch with that Ice Beam.
  • Leavanny. Two four time weaknesses? Whatever. Stats overwhelm that. Leaf Blade everything in your path!
  • Scrafty. He's just bad. Look at that hood! Look at those pants and that Mohawk! You've got something to deal with. Versatile and stunning. Use it!

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Hydreigon: Killer battling stats, previous generations has other Pokemon with multiple heads,
but Hydreigon is different. It's looks: dubious, menacing, eerie -- a Pokemon to be fear at.

Volcarona: Enigmatic yet gives of a warm feeling like the sun.

Whimsicott: Cheerful and prankster, looks like a little tree fairy. Who wouldn't love this adorable Pokemon?

Braviary: Both shiny and normal form colors are one of the greatest combinations.
Moreover if one's going to pick a region symbol of Unova, Braviary would be the best choice to represent the region.

sonoskay

Cain
Years
My fave gen 5 pokemon is Between Beheeyem and Bisharp.
Beheeyems pre evelutoin looks so cool ..

Bisharp kicks so much butt its hard not to like.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, the coolest-looking fifth generation Pokémon has gotta be Zoroark. It has dark fur, red hair, blue eyes, and very sharp claws. What part of this Pokémon does not sound cool to you? Haha. Ferrothorn is also pretty cool, in my opinion. I love its design, which always remind me of Metagross.

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
Hydreigon.

Just... Hydreigon.

There's also good ol' Reuniclus, which I thought was a pretty cool guy.

He Trickrooms Blazekins and Doesn't afraid of anything

Back