The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Capturing purple wurmple for me. It rhymes, kinda.
Old August 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Paperhat545
The Pokémon Master

Nature: Quiet
When the weather starts to go all weird after the fiasco at the secret base :D One of my faves!

Last edited by Paperhat545; August 6th, 2013 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Typo fix
Old August 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Kyros
Watching carefully

Nature: Impish
When doing a Nuzlocke randomizer one of the starters were Rayquaza. Of course I re-randomized the game. Didn't want it to be too easy
Old August 6th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
In Pokémon Ruby, my favorite moment was when I finally caught Groudon. I used to spend hours trying to catch this Pokémon, but it kept breaking free of the PokéBall. It used to drive me insane. xD In Emerald, my favorite moment is scene that features Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. Every time I watch it, I get goosebumps.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Fernando Torres
Class on grass
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I like all of your ideas but I forgot to state mine! (Oops :3)

At the beginning when you choose your pokemon I chose.... Hold on a minuet as I go on a little rant.
Ehem..

OMNTGCJHDKGDKJGFJGDLIGIFUY MUDKIP IS THE BEST THING EVER IT'S SO AWESOME IT BEATS 6 ACRECEUS AT ONCE JUST BY SAYING "I HERDULIEKMUDKIPS" ASDFGKCJVM,VLKLFIIYUG
ONLNLK!!!!!!!!1!!1!11!!!
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Andrew
멘붕

When the story reached the climax and Rayquaza came down and stopped the fight between Groudon and Kyogre. I love that scene so much. Rayquaza is such a badass

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:47 PM
rayquaza999

1. Catching Rayquaza. Love that pokemon.
2.Beating Steven in meteor falls after completely rebuilding my team.
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Bagon13

I liked the Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza scene event.
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:10 PM
ErikaInRainbowCity
Everyday I'm Tumblin'

Nature: Hasty
I really liked Fortree City so when I first entered it I was in awe D: lol

PhotoSYNTHESIS
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:56 PM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
I very much enjoyed the cut scene in Emerald with the three mascot legendaries. I think that was the first cut scene in any mainstream Pokemon game.

But I actually really enjoy traveling around the area of Hoenn where the rain/drought is happening before I go to Sootopolis City to resolve the problem. I always thought that was neat. I remember being blown away by overworld weather effects anyway, as well as being able to see my reflection and the sky in the water and stuff.

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:27 AM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
For me, it was encountering my first Milotic, my favorite, forever and always.

I didn't look up any information of the pokemon before the game, everything was a complete surprise.

Then, I just had to have one!! And, my first Milotic hunt was so frustrating, exciting, among other things, but I was diligent. Then, by the waterfall I found a Feebas! I didn't know what they looked like. I was just so intrigued that such a perfect and beautiful pokemon would undergo such a transformation. But, I found out that I wasn't done. I had to collect them blue beauty berries, churn them with some old lady to make a pokeblock, feed them to my feebas, and max its beauty. By this time, I encountered my second most memorable feature of RSE, the competitions. I just remember how this new feature was just so amazing! (Unlike D/P competitions!)

Finally, I had one of these of my very own! Ahh, if only I could have some restrain with X and Y. :p

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Itcheeee

Cutscene+ legendary mascots "event". Getting my Mudkip was a epic moment for me too XD
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Finding Feebas after couple of tiles. I was ecstatic when I saw that Feebas moving across the screen. After that I caught a box full of Feebas.

Old September 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Negix

Send a message via Skype™ to Negix
For me, its battling Steven Stone at Meteor Falls. When I challenge him, I get the same feeling as battling Red in Mt.Silver.
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Gfx
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤

I knew I wanted to use my Master ball on Rayquaza so I wasn't so worried. Too bad it took me 19472 tries to get to him. Getting up there and catching him was my favorite.

Old September 15th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Peter Quill
Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw

Finishing the Mach Bike maze in Sky Pillar (did I get that right) was the crowning moment of awesome for me. I was younger then and catching Rayquaza on top of the pillar made me cry xD

Louiecario in Miiverse | Click Kyogre to visit my gallery!
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Sven

Sotopolis City in the middle of Kyogre-Groudon fight. Storm, rain, wind, people watching the fight, rain in the whole area in general, me fishing between the legendaries like nothing's happening.

Some other moments are discovering the Foretree city, first diving, finding the submarine, aqua-lava team fight with Poochyenas...etc. xD
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

1. Meeting my first shiny in any Pokemon game ever...a Marill.
2. Beating Steven 1st try with my friend watching! Man...that was intense.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Ehh, hard to think of a specific moment right at the top of my head, but I generally loved the entire game, juuusstt apart from the fact that about 1/4th of the game took place on water >:[ I guess some of my favourite moments would probably be beating the E4 for the first time and finally capturing the Regis. Reason beating the E4 is special, is pretty much because it's one of the hardest E4's imo. I don't know if I've just been super lazy each time I played through the games when it comes to balancing my team and their levels, but I've generally found R/S/E to be some of the hardest games in the main games series, and with the Victory Road and the E4 just shining up there at the top. My Pokemon were almost always heavily underleveled and super weak, and the only reason I beat the E4 in my most recent playthrough, was because I did a cop-out and just used Kyogre instead of my Ludicolo. But in my very first playthrough, I spent so long trying to get through it. I honestly think I just gave up at one point and started over, but I don't quite remember. I just remember the happiness I felt when I finally claimed my victory against Steven and his gosh darn Metagross ;D And one of my more memorable moments actually came right after that, but I wouldn't really refer to it as a "good" moment.

Immediately after beating the E4, I went straight ahead to catching Rayquaza. On the way to the Sky Pillar however, I encountered Latios. Only problem was, I didn't actually know it was a legendary, so I just ran away. I don't know why it didn't even occur to me, that it wasn't a Pokemon I ever had seen before, and the fact that it looked legendary should've at least meant something to me. But no, I was too set on catching Rayquaza, I didn't even think about it :p

As for my other greatest moment in the game, it was probably finally figuring out the braille, and meeting the requirements to go through them, and finally catching the regis. I mean seriously Game Freak, nobody reads the game manuals, why would you include the decryption codes in it, especially if you're targeting the games at kids who are likely to throw those away :( Or was that just me? Either way, it wasn't until one of my friends found the braille codes in the manual (I'm pretty sure it was in there? It's been years) that I finally managed to get myself some Regis. Right after I got my mom to translate the English for me ;D
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:16 AM
Castform
Raise your what!?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Like Olli, I can't think of a favorite moment to tell you the truth. I guess encountering Castform for the first time as a gift is probably it because of how much I love that Pokemon, but really the entire game was magnificent and it is too hard to single out one part that was better than another. These games will never be topped because they are absolutely flawless.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Beating Steven for the first time in Sapphire. He was hard, but it was totally worth beating him in the end.

Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Rei Shingetsu
真月 零

Nature: Sassy
Rayquaza's descending to stop the fight.

I wish they have a remake of RSE so we can see it in 3D!

BARIAN EMPEROR

. R E I . S H I N G E T S U .

Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Typhon
W a v e ~

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Typhon
The moment when Rayquaza comes down from the sky, to calm down Kyogre and Groudon. That looked insanely awesome, and I always love seeing it :D
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomMudkip View Post
Mine was catching Rayquaza with a pokeball on my third try.
This! Although not on the third try, I loved catching Rayquaza with a Pokéball. I also liked the Battle Frontier in its entirety. It's the best one imo
Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:14 PM
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

Like what AlienhunterX said, I thought the part when Rayquaza appeared as Kyogre and Groudon fought was freaking awesome.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links