• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Well, since Fairy types got introduced, I always thought that Mawile will get an evolution. Since it has a chance of getting fairy typing.

Sableye NEEDS and evolution, plus, it's in the new movie I guess.

I wouldn't mind if Swalot gets an evolution.

Miltank and Tauros has a small chance of pre-evos. but I would like that very much

Dunsparce needs an evolution as well.

I really want Tropius to get an pre-evolution.
I hope X and Y does these things, since I notice that every even-numbered generation gets a bunch of pre-evolutions/evolutions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
If they bring in different evo trees, I can see it being similar to the way it was in 4th Gen, but I don't know of any possibilities other than Mr. Mime and Jynx. Both would be very good choices for Fairies if made correctly, in my opinion. This would be the perfect time to give Dunsparce an evolution. It has always struck me as a type of fairy.

With the Miltank/Tauros thing. Yes they are in the same Horde battle, but they are also the counterparts of one another. Tauros only being male and Miltank only being female.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If they bring in different evo trees, I can see it being similar to the way it was in 4th Gen, but I don't know of any possibilities other than Mr. Mime and Jynx. Both would be very good choices for Fairies if made correctly, in my opinion. This would be the perfect time to give Dunsparce an evolution. It has always struck me as a type of fairy.

With the Miltank/Tauros thing. Yes they are in the same Horde battle, but they are also the counterparts of one another. Tauros only being male and Miltank only being female.

I don't think Gamefreak or TPC recognizes Tauros and Miltank as counterparts. All of the other Counter Parts can breed into one another, or at least the females can for the gendered counterparts.

I think only Male counter parts that don't share a family tie are Sawk and Throh, but we could easily get a new Tyrogue this Gen. All other officially credited counter parts share babies iirc.

It makes me wonder if they plan pre/evoling pokes in the future

Not really no. They pretty much just tag on when they feel the need to. If they think they can improve or need a reason to improve them they add on to them.

Years
I want a Smeargle and Corsola evolution.

I mean, Smeargle is screaming the French Theme! He's an artist with a beret! I have always liked him, but rarely used him due to him not be obtainable until later in the game and his terrible stats, lowest of a fully evolved aside from Shedinja whom has Wonder Guard. Design-wise, one of my favorites of gen 2. Corsola, has so much potential, though, she has decent stats in comparison to Smeargle, there is plenty of room for an upgrade, but more importantly, the design of an evo has unlimited possibilities.

Years
^ I could see that being an issue, a colony of coral might appear to be a superb idea in the eyes of a GF designer...one that is cringe worthy! I would hope for a Torterra-like approach. The back of its body being the coral reef, and then a distinct face and neck area. As far as body shape, I would love to see something reminiscent of Lapras.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm really hoping that this generation brings plenty more Hoenn evolutions to Pokémon such as Mawile, Sableye, Banette, Luvdisc and a pre-evolution for Lunatone & Solrock.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm really hoping that this generation brings plenty more Hoenn evolutions to Pokémon such as Mawile, Sableye, Banette, Luvdisc and a pre-evolution for Lunatone & Solrock.

Mawile, Absol, and Blazekin have some Mega Evolutions, what ever these are.

Seriously...like Blazekin NEEDS more power. If these aren't true evolution paths (all seem to focus on different abilities as Blazekin's is the dream world ability, absol gains Magic Bounce, Mawile gains Huge Power....another Fairy with potential to lose out if majority of fairy attacks are special based...)

Seems cool, but wtf.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wonder if other legendaries will be getting Megaevolutions...maybe Groudon can Mega evolve into a Ground/Fire :3. Kyogre into a Water/Ice, and Rayquaza into a Flying/Electric (I'll rather it be Dragon/Electric but it'll fit better with the other two).
Lol and people thought Kyurem's fusion was big.

blue

gucci
Years
Adding Mega Evolutions to legendaries would be OP, Mewtwo was an exception since it's been built up for a few months now but I really can't see much more Pokémon gaining the Mega Evolution trait.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
dedenne.jpg

This Pokemon kinda looks like a Seperate Pikachu Evolution or Possibly a Raichu Evolution
What do you guys think?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
dedenne.jpg

This Pokemon kinda looks like a Seperate Pikachu Evolution or Possibly a Raichu Evolution
What do you guys think?
Way too small for a Pikachu or Raichu evolution. It is just a new pokemon. They would have said if it was linked to another line. Pichu is even taller than it by .1m

So with mega evolutions being introduced, do you guys think that rules out the possibility of poke's from previous gens receiving evo's?

No I do not think this rules it out. I think there will be more normal evolutions, for older pokemon. I think they just want to keep some stand alones, ect. to stay the way they are.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
more eeveelutions to come?

Do you think there will be anymore for pokemon X and Y? normally they have had at least 2 and i am hoping there will be one more possibly a poison type to go against its new fairy type?

Years
I'm hoping for a dragon type, still, but I dunno whether I expect it to happen. They've so far come out in pairs since the first three, but Sylveon has had so much hype and has, as was said, essentially become Gen 6's mascot Pokemon. There's just too much focus on Sylveon, I think, but alternatively, another eeveelution could be planned for a sneaky surprise. Please let it be that. D:

Back