The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:00 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
*Just making a super fast point*

The Mew point that was made~
Mew is actually really easy (as far as near-impossibilities go) to SR for on Emerald. Provided you can get to the island, all you need to to SR for Mew is talk to it, if it isn't shiny go out of the area it is in, back in and talk to in again and repeat until it's shiny. You don't even need to reset. Because of the Emerald RNG people are scared of doing this but leaving the area allows to RNG to work ask normal, so this is hopefully how I will one day get a shiny Mew myself

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
The August Monthly Quest!!

The winner of the poll for August's Monthly Quest was Chr. Draco's suggestion: find a shiny of any one type, and then find a shiny whose type is supereffective against that type!

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on September 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

---------------

Congrats to PekoponTAS on completing the July Quest!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritingyoshi22 View Post
shiny Marill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
shiny female Ralts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PekoponTAS View Post
Treecko

Torchic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
shiny Shinx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
clefairy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood2112 View Post
shiny Wingull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafblade77 View Post
shiny Darkrai

shiny Squirtle

Congrats on all those shinies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by victreeplume View Post
I only have ever come across one shiny, and that was a shiny Medicham! Caught it in Victory Road in Diamond.
Welcome to the SHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
Also, hello guys! I'm back from a 3 month hiatus from shiny hunting :3
Welcome back!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 5/18
Old August 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Nature: Lonely
So I haven't been here in forever. Again. Hello~

I've been hunting Dialga off and on since November of last year as I've said in the few times I've remembered to post here and I just recently found out that GameStop is going to be giving out shiny Dialga.

I guess I'm not a very big fan of the recent influx of shiny distributions since I believe they sort of taint the rarity of shinies and the exhilaration you feel upon coming across one but hey, I'll get over it. Should I even continue hunting Dialga, though? I believe I'm well past 16,000 SRs.
I stay away
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Latios Master
10 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
GameStop will also be giving out shiny Palkia and Giratina.

Congrats on the shiny Shinx, Slenderman!

Congrats on the shiny Clefairy, Chr. Draco!

Congrats on the shiny Wingull, Eastwood2112!

Congrats on the shiny Darkrai and Squirtle, Leafblade77! Welcome back!

Welcome to the club, victreeplume!

This week's random hunt is... Dratini! Sorry for being so late. The hunt will last until next Wednesday, and a new hunt will still be posted on Sunday, giving everyone two for a few days.
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Cidem Taberif

Nature: Modest
Hi there everyone! I'm new to the forum and thought this would be fun to join! I had an experience in crystal where I found a shiny ursaring in Mt. Silver... Nifty enough my scyther was taking point, false swiped it to 1 health, I went to throw a ball and then...

"The Pokemon Box is full! Can't use that item!"

I hated Bill ever since that.

HOWEVER! It hasn't all been for naught, since I was looking for TMs, and I was led to that cave with Cobalion, and I found a shiny Boldore! Threw a Quick Ball immediately and caught it (62.8% chance with Quick Ball).

There was a long period of SRing for a shiny cyndaquil at the beginning of SS, still want one, but decided to try my luck at breeding one later.
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Not going to ruin it for people who don't want to know about anything happening in X & Y before it comes out, HOWEVER I just want to state that this months Coro Coro magazine announcement has made me VERY HAPPY.

Other than that, I need to get back to hunting, I want at least one new shiny before I start in on X & Y...

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Cidem Taberif

I have extremely mixed opinions on the recent news, although shinys of what was seen would be cool.

Quote:
I guess I'm not a very big fan of the recent influx of shiny distributions since I believe they sort of taint the rarity of shinies and the exhilaration you feel upon coming across one but hey, I'll get over it. Should I even continue hunting Dialga, though? I believe I'm well past 16,000 SRs.
Why not? When you look at your pokemon's entry it tells you where you got it, so it's easy to know you SRed for your shiny. Of course you could always get both the SR one and the Event one, event mons usually can have some awesome moves, or dream world abilities! They're still rare even if there's events for these mons, since the events seem to have mostly unique movesets, like V-Create Rayquaza, the old surfing pikachu or flying pikachu.
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~

Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfRemorse View Post
So I haven't been here in forever. Again. Hello~

I've been hunting Dialga off and on since November of last year as I've said in the few times I've remembered to post here and I just recently found out that GameStop is going to be giving out shiny Dialga.

I can see why you detest them. It makes people who don't hunt feel all awesome when they didn't really work for it. I wanna see what abilities or moves they possess. But a good point HAS been made. You can get the event one AND the SR one. It should be quite obvious which one will make you happier, yes?

In the meantime, I seem to be in a huuuuge drought. Shiny charm has brought me nothing, chaining has been a bust, and I can't seem to properly masuda on any of my games. BUT. On an emulator I was playing for my boyfriend, I DID find a shiny Buizel. First thing on the route, AND the thing I wanted. It made me a verrry happy Kiro. But I don't have a flashcart to transfer it over.:C

But now I will let you guys decide my hunt. I have all legendaries available in B2, All but Latias and Kyurem available in W2.... The Shiny freakin charm on W2 that I had hunkered down when I had nothing better to do and acquired within a week of getting the game.... I have Diamond with a complete pokedex (Means nothing but still) A Japanese SS AND Black game if I need to get pokemon to masuda with... And a whitegame I'm not entirely done with yet but I may as well not it.

So, SHC.... What should this tigerfox's next hunt be?
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirozane
In the meantime, I seem to be in a huuuuge drought. Shiny charm has brought me nothing, chaining has been a bust, and I can't seem to properly masuda on any of my games. BUT. On an emulator I was playing for my boyfriend, I DID find a shiny Buizel. First thing on the route, AND the thing I wanted. It made me a verrry happy Kiro. But I don't have a flashcart to transfer it over.:C
Congratz on the Buizel. If you want to transfer it to your real games then you could download this programme called Pokegen, load your save file in Pokegen, view the Buizel's data, save it as a pokemon file, upload it a site called PokeGTS, change the DNS code on your DS so it matches the DNS code shown on the site, go into the GTS with a party of 6 and you should recieve the pokemon. I would still classify this as legit as the Buizel was legit and was found by you, it has the exact same stats, nature and oreos. I wouldn't normally mention this programme as you can pretty much create any Pokemon you desire, have it be shiny or illegitimate stats, but I find it to be quite useful for transferring pokemon I find on while playing on emulators that I want to have on my real games, that and getting any event pokemon I miss.

Last edited by Spritingyoshi22; August 9th, 2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old August 9th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Feraligatr13

Nature: Relaxed
Ok, I'll admit that I haven't been active in this club, so today I want to make a fresh start again. I won't be able to do much until sometime next week, because I am very busy, but I am currently hunting for a shiny Totodile on White 2 using the Masuda Method. I'll let you know if anything happens. Bye!

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Mewa

I love this place
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:14 AM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem Taberif View Post
Why not? When you look at your pokemon's entry it tells you where you got it, so it's easy to know you SRed for your shiny. Of course you could always get both the SR one and the Event one, event mons usually can have some awesome moves, or dream world abilities! They're still rare even if there's events for these mons, since the events seem to have mostly unique movesets, like V-Create Rayquaza, the old surfing pikachu or flying pikachu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
I can see why you detest them. It makes people who don't hunt feel all awesome when they didn't really work for it. I wanna see what abilities or moves they possess. But a good point HAS been made. You can get the event one AND the SR one. It should be quite obvious which one will make you happier, yes?
Alright, thanks to you I've decided to get both. The most likely thing is that I'm gonna get the event before I find the shiny myself but who cares, I'll get it eventually. Woohoo.
I stay away
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:47 AM
MusaddiqTheWarrior
Kιηg Oƒ Hєαятѕ

So far Icought shiney Charmendar,Charmeleon,Charizard,Pikachu,Raichu,Squirtle,Wartortle,Blastoise

Now Im Finding All 1 Gen Siny Pokemons

Im A Member Or Not?
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
mucus
Moémon Master

Nature: Quirky
Hey there, new member here.
I've been trying to catch shinies since they came into existance.
It's hard!
I've only caught 1! in my entire life! and that was some low IV geodude!

I guess I've caught the red gyrados we all have a shot at getting, but I don't count that one.
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
I snipped all these posts, but otherwise this post would be a mile long!

Quote:

Should I even continue hunting Dialga, though? I believe I'm well past 16,000 SRs.
At the end of the day, the only person who matters for shinies is yourself. So IMO as long as you know that you have obtained it the hard way then who cares about the giveaway - yours would still be more special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem Taberif View Post
... found a shiny ursaring in Mt. Silver... I went to throw a ball and then...

"The Pokemon Box is full! Can't use that item!"

... I found a shiny Boldore! Threw a Quick Ball immediately and caught it (62.8% chance with Quick Ball).
Sucks on the Ursaring, not something I had ever considered before! Definitely will bear in mind in future! But Boldore is a cool one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
Not going to ruin it for people who don't want to know about anything happening in X & Y before it comes out, HOWEVER I just want to state that this months Coro Coro magazine announcement has made me VERY HAPPY.
To be honest, I am not so sure myself but will wait for it to come out....

Quote:
... chaining has been a bust,
Please don't take this the wrong way but do you still remember the 'rules' of chaining? A refresher course may be useful if you are a little vague.

Quote:
...., I DID find a shiny Buizel. First thing on the route, AND the thing I wanted. It made me a verrry happy Kiro.
Wow, that's a cool one

Quote:
Alright, thanks to you I've decided to get both. ... I'll get it eventually. Woohoo.
As above, the Woohoo suggests you are still super excited for it so keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerMusaddiq View Post
So far Icought shiney Charmendar,Charmeleon,Charizard,Pikachu,Raichu,Squirtle,Wartortle,Blastoise

Now Im Finding All 1 Gen Siny Pokemons

Im A Member Or Not?
Yup you are a member just by posting

Out of interest, are you aiming to have 1x Charmander, 1x Charmeleon, 1x Charizard at the same time, or 1 that has evolved to count as all 3? Up to you, either way is good, just interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucus View Post
Hey there, new member here.
I've been trying to catch shinies since they came into existance.
It's hard!
I've only caught 1! in my entire life! and that was some low IV geodude!

I guess I've caught the red gyrados we all have a shot at getting, but I don't count that one.
Most people don't count Gyarados. I have it on my card, but it is obvious it is the Lake of Rage one. My brother has spent many many hours on pokemon games and still not found a legit shiny, so 'only' one is a negative way to look at an amazing thing that you have actually found one

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Friend Code: 0877 1355 2214
Friend Safari: Grass and contains Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Tangela.

Feel free to add me, please send PM with your FC so I can add you back
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
mucus
Moémon Master

For a while I was trying to breed for a shiny.
That didn't work out either.
But I did wind up with some good IVs!
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Poki
oi dnt stalk me kthxbai

Hello.
Shinies I have encountered/caught:
Golbat - My first shiny ever. I caught it in the Emerald version, but I had to restart the game.
Electabuzz - My second shiny, and my loyal team member on Pokemon Crystal.
Gyarados - I caught it at the Lake Of Rage. (Crystal version)
Poliwhirl - I accidentally made it faint while trying to weaken it. (Again, on Crystal version)
Seaking - I was in a battle and the trainer sent it out.

Question: Can I make a few userbars for the club? I love making those. :3

Last edited by Poki; August 11th, 2013 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the question.
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Latios Master
10 Year PC Member

Welcome to the club, Cidem Taberif, Mewa, TrainerMusaddiq, mucus, and southpark32!

Congrats on the shiny Buizel, Kirozane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpark32 View Post
Question: Can I make a few userbars for the club? I love making those. :3
Yes!

This week's random hunt is... Oshawott!
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Well today will be a 12 hour, 3 console shiny hunting marathon, and after 7 encounters it got off to a good start:

Spoiler:

It had been roughly 5000-6000 RE's since my last shiny, so a short(ish) search. Would make my month if I found another today, but unlikely. At 600 RE's today though so far so may yet happen.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old August 12th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~

Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulthagerous View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way but do you still remember the 'rules' of chaining? A refresher course may be useful if you are a little vague.
I do actually! I just have never had much luck with it. I've had max repels, watch where my patch is, carefully choose my next patch but I have to believe my diamond just hates me.

But still: I don't know what to hunt next. I wanna give chaining another shot, but I have a lot I can MM or RE and.... ugh... Just pick a sinnoh, johto, Kanto or unova route. I can't make up my own mind. XD
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
.... ugh... Just pick a sinnoh, johto, Kanto or unova route. I can't make up my own mind. XD
Depending how many you like to RE on at the same time, here goes:

1) Choose your favourite cartridge. The one you have the most luck on, have found most shinies, has coolest trainer name. If in doubt, I choose SS/HG then D/P/Pt then B/W/B2/W2.

2) Routes I have chosen because I think the pokemon you can find are cool:

Kanto: Route 18 LINK - I recommend night time
Johto: Route 36 LINK
Sinnoh: Route 228 LINK
Unova: Desert Resort LINK

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Hey guys! It has been a while since I last got a shiny, but I have some good news. I have actually gotten 2 and found a 3rd that I had on my White version.

I MMed both of these, Taillow was on my White 2 while Ralts I got on my Black 1. Taillow took a little more than 100 eggs while Ralts took over 500 maybe even close to 1000 eggs. I really don't know on the Ralts egg lol.

The Beldum I had was a Lv 7 and He has Relaxed Nature and Clear Body. I don't know why I didn't see this one when I first joined. Because Beldum, is one of my favorite shines.

So it looks like I will be looking for a Shiny Dark, Ghost, Ice, or Electric type for this month's challenge. I am not sure what I will be looking for yet, maybe an Absol in honor of Mega Absol and Absol is one of my favorite pokemon, just wish he would have gotten a real evolution and not a Mega.

I'll be updating my shining list soon... if I can find it that is. Also, I will have pictures up later of the Ralts and Taillow. The ones I posted last night were not showing up for me, so I deleted them. I may not post photos though,

Current Shinies:

Spoiler:

Gen 1:

Gen
2:

Gen 3:

Gen 4:

Gen
5:

Last edited by Iceman3317; August 13th, 2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:43 AM
mucus
Moémon Master

Just checking in, I feel no closer to finding a shiny now than I was 2 years ago.
Old August 13th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

Nature: Serious
I didn't even know this club existed. I have lots of shinies, though the only shiny picture I got live was Cyndaquil from 2 months back. Funny thing was, I wasn't even trying. I tried getting a starter with decent stats and in the 3rd reset this beauty just came out.

Spoiler:

Even more intriguing is that this one just happened to be a female, 1/8 chance on top of 1/8192 chance, whoa.

I'll "reveal" more in the future if I don't feel so lazy, but right now that's all the proof I have.
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Poki
oi dnt stalk me kthxbai

I'm trying to get a shiny Charmander right now, wish me luck.

You tell me we can start the rain. You tell me that we all can change.

S
betty.stahp
kype
betty.stahp
|
Pair
Dark Azelf a.k.a Mr. Elfgt <3
|
Pair 2
Nonon :)
|
Battle Server