The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Gekki
Unhatched Egg

On the first pokémon anime chapter Ash see Ho-oh fliyin' around but, Ho- oh is an 2nd Gen pokémon so we stop and think "why?" so please answer
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
"There is no significant meaning behind Ho-Oh. It is mainly a plot device to show that Ash is special. Some believe it is used to symbolize the start of a new adventure; seen when Ash started his journey, and again when he left to Hoenn with Pikachu alone." [x]

"Ash first saw Ho-Oh in Pokémon - I Choose You!. It appeared on his way to Viridian City during his first day as a Trainer. He was lying on the ground with his injured Pikachu and saw it fly over the rainbow that appeared in the sky after a storm. His Pokédex could not identify it and explained that many Pokémon were still unknown. In Pokémon Emergency!, he tried to explain to Professor Oak what he had seen, though the image he used to point it out appeared to be of an Articuno rather than Ho-Oh. Either way, Professor Oak didn't believe him and brushed it off as Ash being mistaken. This gold colored version of Ho-Oh was an early concept of Ho-Oh as a Pokémon, like all other Generation II Pokémon at that time had not been fully developed yet." [x]

Basically they just thought it'd be a cool thing.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:06 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdude18 View Post
ok so did pikachu forget volt tackle in unova? outside of right when they got to unova battling trip, ash never commands pikachu to use volt tackle anymore. i know pikachu learns electroball so maybe he forgets volt tackle in the process? seeing as it is the most powerful move pikachu can learn i dont like that he doesn't use it now.
I also liked Volt Tackle as well. But seeing the fact that they started implementing a 4 moves per pokemon, Volt Tackle disappeared. But Electro Ball is a decent move and Pikachu helped Ash win many battles with it... You know what happened with it in Unova's Survival Crises episode....
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Piks

I liked Volt Tackle but it was getting old really fast, i'm glad Pikachu gotten rid of that boring move, now he has a brand new cooler powerful attack move Electro Ball.
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
The anime's started imposing a 4-move limit for some reason so yeah, Pika did forget. I dislike this, but you know. And I don't think Zebstrika knew more than four at a time- you can't add moves over multiple appearances.

Merging with simple help.
stephan's zebstrika has been talked about having flame charge and thunderbolt in Curtain Up, Unova League! and used double-edge, giga impact, and facade at least in the same episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I also liked Volt Tackle as well. But seeing the fact that they started implementing a 4 moves per pokemon, Volt Tackle disappeared. But Electro Ball is a decent move and Pikachu helped Ash win many battles with it... You know what happened with it in Unova's Survival Crises episode....
yeah but the only reason that happened is because pikachu absorbed thunderus's energy prior to that elecroball
White 2: 3397 3474 0556

Last edited by zdude18; June 8th, 2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 20th, 2013, 04:07 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Guys I have a question regarding watching the Pokemon Anime now, I know it airs on CN but it doesn't air in the CN that's on my TV, I guess that's because I have the African CN (exclusive to Africa) so does any other TV channels air it? Or if there's any other place where I can watch it legally?
Old June 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

The only legal streaming site I know of is this one. Hope that works for you!

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:08 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
The only legal streaming site I know of is this one. Hope that works for you!
It seems legit, but are ALL the BW episodes in here? Will I be able to watch them all? It wasn't them same when I tried watching eps from the Hoenn arc that's why I'm asking...
Old June 20th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I doubt it. There's really no legal streaming site that keeps a proper archive. That's the problem everyone runs into when trying to do things legally. :/

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:19 AM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
It seems legit, but are ALL the BW episodes in here? Will I be able to watch them all? It wasn't them same when I tried watching eps from the Hoenn arc that's why I'm asking...
That is an argument in which I can never post things here so let me ask you this. PM me I will help you there
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:44 AM
Dillonnn

Nature: Quirky
Okay so everywhere i go to ask this I'm either ignored, or my posts are deleted -.-
Can anybody be kind enough to tell me what episode is in the beginning of the Second Seasons Intro theme?? The part where Ash has his face down in a dark stadium and Misty, Tracy, Ash's mom, & Prof. Oak are watching him? Ill be forever grateful too anybody who could help.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ynIPGpHMj4Y

Last edited by Dillonnn; July 22nd, 2013 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I know what you're talking about, but I don't believe there was an episode with that. The intros are full of bits and pieces that are never actually put in any episodes.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Dillonnn

Nature: Quirky
Awh thats a bummer :/
It looked hella intense but yeah that makes the most sense lol. Thanks for the info bro cx
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:46 PM
zoroarkrules25

That scene was for intro purposes, as far as i know it has not been an actual episode and to my knowledge i have seen all anime episodes.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

merging into the Simple Help thread! for further qq's please post in there!

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old July 27th, 2013, 06:10 PM
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Where can I find music sheets for the different theme songs (specifically for the drums as that is all i can play)? So does anyone know of any site like this?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 27th, 2013, 07:29 PM
zstern22

eh idk about drums, as they don't play a huge role in the main Pokemon themes, but there is sheet music at ninsheetm.com under the Pokemon tab.
Hope I helped!
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:10 PM
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Thanx for the help and all but I was really looking for the anime theme songs

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I don't know of anything that could help you really but I'm going to move this to simple help. If someone uncovers an official or fan-made version of something like that I'll let you know. :3

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:39 PM
kandwill

Hello!

In the intro of Pokemon Jirachi Wish Maker it's shown a double battle between two trainers, one of them a man with white hair. I wonder if this character is in the series some how (Have not seen the complete Advanced generation yet) or is it just some random trainer? He also reminds me of one of the playable characters in Ruby/Sapphire.

I hope you don't think I'm a complete fool for asking this, I just want to know, can't drop it else

imgur.com/K8KM0S4 <--- picture
Old August 2nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
BlindKnyttStories
Advance Hacker

Its just a ordinary trainer
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:02 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindKnyttStories View Post
Its just a ordinary trainer
No, that actually IS Brendan. Just to let you know, the white stuff on his head is part of his hat.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Merging with Quick Questions~

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old August 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM
alakazam25

Does anybody know the episode that the Ash Ketchum "critical hit" meme is from? In the meme Ash has red eyes with smoke around him and the text says "critical hit". I can't post a link because i'm new here. But if you google "ash ketchum critical hit meme" it is the first result. Thanks in advance.
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I honestly have never been able to pinpoint that one. Merging this into simple help though so if anyone else knows-!

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links