• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What was your PMD team?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
The title basically sums up my question, but I'll add a little more detail.

What was your team in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?
Did you have a particular pokemon join your party?
Did you create a team on impulse?
Did you just go along with you and your partner?
After the main storyline, did you change your party around?

When I play, I usually stick with my partner pokemon and when we arrive at Frosty Forest I always recruit Absol and keep him up until post-game. This time I plan on having my main character, Chikorita, and my partner, Charmander and Trapinch, who I want to evolve into Flygon.

I'm including each generation of PMD.

So, what about you?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
What was your team in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? - Cubone (me!), Squirtle (friend!), Koffing, and occasionally a Parasect for when it was a tough battle coming up. :D
Did you have a particular pokemon join your party? - I did! I ensured to get a Koffing to join my team since at the time it was a favourite of mine. It took a lot of time but eventually I managed haha.
Did you create a team on impulse? - There wasn't much choice! In the story you're stuck with two Pokémon and you only realistically have space for one more on most missions, and after the story I only tend to use one Pokémon since using more is effort haha. So it wasn't impulse, no!
Did you just go along with you and your partner? - Nope, Koffing was my buddy <3
After the main storyline, did you change your party around? - I dumped my party and stuck with just my character! Sometimes I swapped which character I was playing as, but I mostly just stuck to Marrowak once evolved haha.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
The title basically sums up my question, but I'll add a little more detail.

When I play, I usually stick with my partner pokemon and when we arrive at Frosty Forest I always recruit Absol and keep him up until post-game. This time I plan on having my main character, Chikorita, and my partner, Charmander and Trapinch, who I want to evolve into Flygon.

I'm including each generation of PMD.

So, what about you?

I recently created a new team in Blue Rescue Team. I am a female Cubone named Tanzania, my partner is a female (though gender is kinda nonexistent with your partner) Chikorita named Spring, and I recruited a Scyther as my third partner and I named him Cutthroat. I consider him an integral part of my team :D

As I mention, Cutthroat joined my team but I have not used most of my recruits :C It takes a lot to get those guys up to a good level.

No, Team Terracotta was all planned xD I wanted a Cubone this time around, and Chikorita is awesome so I wanted her as a partner. I used Scyther as a partner in my past games.

Yeah, I usually did since we both had projectile moves. Tanzania had Bonemerang while Spring had Razor Leaf and the LETHAL Bullet Seed (seriously, this move slaughtered Groudon in 2 turns and brought Rayquaza down in, like, 3 turns. It's DEADLY!). We were powerful enough to conquer any dungeon xD

No I'm still using my same three, pivotal Pokes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Magnagate, I am a female Axew named Tigerlily and my partner is a male Oshawott named Malta.

Ummm... I use Virizion often when she joined my party but other than that I don't really use many others. I don't like this game as much as the others.

Can you do that in Magnagate? You just pick whoever xD

Uh, yeah, pretty much.

N/A

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
• What was your team in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?

Blue: Machop + Charmander, then I added Absol
Darkness/Time: Bulbasaur + Cyndaquil then I added some random Pokemon :D
Sky: Riolu + Charmander + Dragonite + Espeon

• Did you have a particular pokemon join your party?

Not quite... I pretty much change my team on whim.
Until Sky where I went for Shaymin, Espeon, Dragonite and Manaphy.

• Did you create a team on impulse?

Yeah... I guess so. :D

• Did you just go along with you and your partner?

No. I always take at least 3 members (one free space for recruits)

• After the main storyline, did you change your party around?

More like... after main storyline I finally complete my team :D

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
-Torchic (me) - Pikachu (my partner) Beyond this I don't quite remember.

I made sure to get a Gligar.

No, I planned who I wanted, most of the time and then went to the dungeon to get them.

Most of the game until I got Absol. Beyond that point, I had those 3.

Not really, I mainly added to it, but those three remained as my main team.

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
In my most recent playthrough, I was a Chickorita while my Partner was a Riolu. Very little got in our way. Later on, the team added a Skorupi and a Flaafy to the mix.
I never really actively search for 'mons, so not really. Though I usually do hope for something with Fury Swipes or such

Yes, so much yes. This pretty much sums up my playthroughs. "Hey, you got yourself a fancy new Vibrava!" -later- "Oh no, it fainted! But don't worry, you can use this Cacnea until you finish!"

No, I feel as if that wouldn't be wise. Although saving on resources was a problem, Monster Houses were too.

.It all depends on the mission. Lower level dungeons mean lower level parties, and if I need type advantages, I got those handy.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
• What was your team in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? Uh I was Cubone and my partner was Pikachu. On subsequent throughs I've tried to change it up, but I've always ended up returning to that combination.
• Did you have a particular pokemon join your party? Not really.
• Did you create a team on impulse? Not really. Pretty much I just recruited Pokemon to recruit them, and then ditched them afterwards.
• Did you just go along with you and your partner? It was too much hassle trying to have other pokemon come with you during the storyline.
• After the main storyline, did you change your party around? Yes. After the main storyline, I pretty much ditched plot and tried to catch as many pokemon as I could so I could have one of each in the friend zones. I didn't quite do it, but I have resolved to do it some day.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
• Did you have a particular pokemon join your party? Houndour
• Did you create a team on impulse? Not really.
• Did you just go along with you and your partner? No, I would take as many pokemon as I could and the best
• After the main storyline, did you change your party around? Yes, I made sure that I was Houndour with Mewtwo as my sub

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
- In Blue it was Skitty and Torchic.
- In EoT it was Bulbasaur and Eevee.
- In GtI it was Snivy and Tepig.

- In EoT I had a Houndoom with me several times.
- In GtI I had Virizion travel with me, when Snivy couldn't join.

- Yeah. Except for GtI, I wanted Snivy to be "me" all the time, and then Tepig portray as one of my irl friends. Since those were our favorite starters this generation.

- Yup.

- As mentioned before, I had Virizion join me in GtI when Snivy couldn't.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
What was your team in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? In Explorers of Sky, I had a Bulbasaur hero and Meowth partner along with a Girafarig named 64ZooLane, an Absol named Shade, a Snubbull hatched from an egg and more powerful team members. 64 was by far my favorites. In Gates to Infinity, I had an Oshawott hero and Pikachu partner along with Vixen the Zoroark, Bundles the Leavanny and Emolga who was used often.
Did you have a particular pokemon join your party? I purposely had a Starly and Dratini join my large Sky team, because they're extremly useful.
Did you create a team on impulse? I guess? I mean, I went with what I had and if I didn't like a Pokemon I let it go.
Did you just go along with you and your partner? Nope! Unless I had no choice, I remembered to always bring backup!
After the main storyline, did you change your party around? Not really, unless new powerful Pokemon offered to join.

Icecream_pokemons

Y u hate on icecream pokemon?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
My pokemon blue mystery dungeon team had:
Me as a mudkip
My partner was a treeko
And I always brought the arcticuno that I befriended!
:D

KnockFan

Just a Beginner ...
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
In Explorers of Sky, my team was typically just Eevee as me and Chikorita as my partner.

During the story mode, not really. I just choose random Pokemon here and there.

Nope.

Most of the time, yeah.

Of course. Forgot what the team is for now.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I ended up as Chimchar in PMD: Explorers of Sky, and I chose my partner as Panphy (because that's what my brother got in the test), and my usual recruit teammates were an Anorith named Majestico and a Trapinch names Trapper.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
-Mudkip
-Torchic
-Shedinja
-Various Pokémon
Hm?
Nahhh
For the most part!
If I was doing a hard dungeon I just got a ton of apples and Shedinja

Back