The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 23rd, 2013, 11:46 PM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
May was the best, but I personally prefered Misty.
Old June 25th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Splintey
Banned

Misty because,

A) Shes a classic
B)She has a much better story than the other girls with her sisters and her gym, etc
C) She used a corsola and who the hell uses corsolas
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Banz

Misty is my all time favourite. She was the funniest of them all, and also Ash's best friend.
She has shown herself to be a really dependable character in times of trouble like when everyone is stuck in St. Anne at the bottom of the sea, when the giant Tentacruel is destroying the city, when Ash and the others are in jail and she (along with Pikachu) gets them out, when Team Rocket attack her Gym in the middle of the ballet show, when Ash and Tracey are sick due to inhaling Stun Spore, etc...
She's also a great Pokemon trainer.
Old June 30th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Bobith
Tossin' balls since '99

Nature: Impish
Misty for sure. She was the only one willing to slap some sense into that overly peppy Ash. May is a very close second though. Dawn is meh, she didn't seem to have as much personality as the other two.

Pokemon Clan Site/Strategy Guide/Other Thingies
Shuckle is love, Shuckle is life.
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Piks

Misty was the best for true. She had a great personality and she was more mature then May and Dawn put together, Iris comes in second place for being cool and mature, May comes in 3rd for having a little bit of a great personality and battling in pokemon contests, Dawn comes in 4th place because she just plain out had no personality and she was just annoying as hell..

Misty wins for being the best number 1 girl on the entire show.
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Bluelatios*
SOVA leader

Nature: Jolly
Totally Misty! She had a great personality and often brought Ash and Brock down to Earth, but was also a valuable and endearing friend to them. A good character in Pokemon is one who dreams big, can display many kinds of emotions, and most importantly, connects well with the other members of the group. I'd say Misty fits that description pretty darn well!
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I wish this topic had a poll, so I could view who's the most popular most quickly.

I believe the best girl companion was Dawn. Both May and Dawn were improvements from Misty, because they actively had goals, just like Ash. The way Misty became friends with Ash, however, was the most creative and meaningful. I think Misty would be the best to ship with Ash, yet that's not what makes her the best companion.

Whereas May's coordinator experience was a straightforward approach contests, which were eerily similar to trainer battles, Dawn's experience had more focus on making the pokemon shine, and finding ways to make their moves flashy. I felt as though May was held back by Max, because a large part of her character was showing how she was a good older sister figure. With Dawn, she goofed around and made mistakes a lot. Having Piplup as a humorous companion was so successful that this role carried on to Ash's Oshawott.

Iris is my favorite gymleader, and I like her video game character much more than Dawn. Yet unbiasedly, I felt as though Iris was a step back, because her goals of becoming a dragon master was focused in much fewer episodes. One improvement of Iris was how she was a jungle-raised girl, and how she was (slightly) less clichély girly.

Last edited by Shrew; July 17th, 2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Elaborating on Misty
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:44 PM
precita

I haven't watched much of BW so I have no major opinion on Iris. Misty May and Dawn were all good though.
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM
vexer6

It's a tie between May and Dawn for me. Least favorite is Iris, couldn't stand her constantly calling Ash a "kid"(newsflash missy, you're a kid too!), it wasn't funny, it just made her sound jerkish.
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:22 AM
danio9004

in my opinion Irish because she is funny
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Green Stache

May, totally May... I had a anime crush on her when I was little and she was just the coolest and I love her hahah. I don't any more but she's still one of my favourite anime characters
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
May. I loved her character, she seemed like a perfect fit for Ash.
For funniest, I would say Misty.
Best trainer is hard to determine since 2 of them are coordinators and the other 2 stick to just one type of pokemon.
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Ckbruin

Nature: Quirky
May was (quite arguably) the best girl companion in the anime. Dawn was second best in my opinion. Why? Both were Contest trainers, influencing Ash's arsenal of tactics in his own battles. They also seemed (slightly) compatible with Ash, while Iris always calls him a kid (annoying after the first couple of times, btw). And what about Misty, you may ask? I haven't watched much of the original series so I can't make a statement about her and Ash. (I would've been 2-7 years of age when the first 5 seasons aired, and I don't have the time to watch a majority of the 250-something episodes that comprise it)
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:34 AM
danio9004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrul View Post
May. I loved her character, she seemed like a perfect fit for Ash.
For funniest, I would say Misty.
Best trainer is hard to determine since 2 of them are coordinators and the other 2 stick to just one type of pokemon.

Misty was so great. The heavy nature, red hair: D But it was funny how angry: D
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:25 AM
Darkrai666
ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai

Nature: Lax
May Definitely may..She was hot :3 and a good trainer and She had a blaziken

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:19 AM
NyxShooter
Loves DC Universe

Nature: Docile
I think May. I am completely Hoenn Crazy
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Andrew
멘붕

Nature: Relaxed
Definitely May. I thought the way her outlook on Pokémon changed when she met Ash was awesome. Not to mention the motherly role she played when she took care of Max. I think May is the character that matured the most throughout her time with Ash. Her and Ash made a great team AdvanceShipping FTW and helped each other to become better in their respective competitions.

Misty was awesome too, but she was already matured to the point where there wasn't a whole lot of growing up for her to do. She's a close second, but didn't have the growth that May did throughout her journey.

Dawn was alright. She seemed kind of static to me and wasn't very funny or interesting. Also the "No need to worry", followed by some mistake got old pretty quickly as well. I didn't watch a whole lot of D/P so it's hard to judge.

I wanted to throw Iris off of a bridge after she said "You're such a kid!" for the 10th episode in a row. I heard she stopped saying that all the time, so maybe I'll go back and watch some more of B/W. Maybe.

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
wut i didnt post here? Odd :/

Anyway, wut how are ppl choosing May over Misty? I mean, she had Drew :/

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I'm not at all sure what you're referring to, ExtremeGamer. This is a thread asking which main girl was the best in your eyes. I don't see how May "having" Drew makes her a less valid choice than Misty as best girl companion.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:13 AM
maariya2001

Misty, she was just too funny!
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Quetzal

Nature: Calm
Misty all the way. My first fictional crush as a kid, the probable beginning of my attraction to redheads xD She's tough and cute and athletic. I just like everything about her.

Having said all this, Misty is the only one I've followed from start to finish. Partly from growing up, partly from hating the voice-cast change, partly from growing tired of the endless quest for the same damn goal.

I'll comment on the other girls though.
May: Love her design, and from what I've seen of her in the show, she seems like a bit of a badass at times. Probably my second favourite.
Dawn: My least favourite. I don't like her design at all, her voice grates on me, ugh, I just don't like her.
Iris: My least favourite after Dawn. I like her in the games, and I like her design enough, she just irritates me in the show.
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:55 PM
ErikaInRainbowCity
Everyday I'm Tumblin'

Nature: Hasty
Misty was the one i grew up with <3 I don't have anything against the other girls... Iris is really starting to grow on me and after that would be May then Dawn

PhotoSYNTHESIS
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:59 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
Misty. But only because she uses Starmie. & I use Starmie because it kicks ass.

Like, How many water Pokemon can you name that can use moves like ThunderBolt.. Psychic.. Flash Cannon.. Grass Knot.
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:04 AM
youcantseeme_17
WWE Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atie View Post
Misty, she had the fiery character and when Ash or Brock did something stupid she was the one who yelled at them, It was Ash who was the unexperienced Newbie and not the female...

And at the time I loved Pokemon was only because
Ash the trainer who wanted to become Pokemon master
Not
Ash and (Insert female main character) are traveling together because one wants to become Pokemon master but he always fails so we are adding a female character that reaches the top while Ash is makng more money for us in a new region

May, Dawn and Iris are tools for the fans to see someone have sucses and a well character devolepment and Ash just losing everything and keeps traveling to fail

Thats why I liked Misty she gave me the feeling that Ash would ever become a Pokemon master aslong as she isn't traveling with Ash he won't become a master..

You are so right. I'm hoping the next girl is more experienced than ash, and maybe even a gym leader.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Famon

I guess Misty !
It was because the Anime was more focus on Her Role rather then her goal .
That why She manage to create the appeal that no other girl couldn't create !

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here