The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #8651    
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:01 PM
jatikeren
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
okay i understand now..

Quote:
warp 0x19 0x29 0xFF 0x1 0xA
it's a HEX...
not DEC...

of course i'm confusing...
ehhehe

now just about "TRI-PASS"
  #8652    
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Bubblepopper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Hey guys,

I'm seriously new to ROM hacking, and iv started off small with a simple message box script, I'm sure you all know the one.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org talk1
= Hey there!


This is the code i have seen everywhere, i have tried to retype it and re compile it but everytime i load the ROM it does nothing but simply turn the character to face you......

Does anyone know what is the problem?

Iv seen in a tutorial video, when the person opened the script from Advance Map that the msgbox part said "MSG_NORMAL" instead of the parameters, mine does not and im unsure if thats the reason, or if im entering the parameters wrong i dunno, so ill just leave this here
  #8653    
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:45 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblepopper View Post
Hey guys,

I'm seriously new to ROM hacking, and iv started off small with a simple message box script, I'm sure you all know the one.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org talk1
= Hey there!


This is the code i have seen everywhere, i have tried to retype it and re compile it but everytime i load the ROM it does nothing but simply turn the character to face you......

Does anyone know what is the problem?

Iv seen in a tutorial video, when the person opened the script from Advance Map that the msgbox part said "MSG_NORMAL" instead of the parameters, mine does not and im unsure if thats the reason, or if im entering the parameters wrong i dunno, so ill just leave this here
You are using an old XSE version. Get the new one from Gamer2020's tools thread.
__________________

Paired with Simba
  #8654    
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM
cclemur's Avatar
cclemur
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
I have been working on a script, and I am not sure what to do.
When you talk to oak, he is supposed to give you a pokemon, then the grunts will come over, try to take it, fail then push you off the boat. all of the movement is working except for when the grunts are supposed to come out to get you. they don't come out, but I know they are moving up and around as they should. Here is the code:
Spoiler:
'---------------
#org 0x8015A8
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto 0x880160A
msgbox 0x880179B MSG_NORMAL '"Hello.\nOne of my collegues told m..."
goto 0x88015C1

'---------------
#org 0x80160A
msgbox 0x8801861 MSG_NORMAL '"Good job!"
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x8015C1
givepokemon 0x93 0x5 0x139 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x88017F2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[black_fr]You received a Dratini!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox 0x880180F MSG_YESNO '"[black_fr]Would you like to give a..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8801603
msgbox 0x8801842 MSG_NORMAL '"Please take care of\nDratini."
goto 0x8801615

'---------------
#org 0x801603
call 0x81A74EB
return

'---------------
#org 0x801615
applymovement 0x4 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x880174A
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880175A
waitmovement 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x1 0x0 0x880175D 0x8801777 0x8801647
end

'---------------
#org 0x1A74EB
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

'---------------
#org 0x801647
msgbox 0x880186D MSG_NORMAL '"Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat ..."
applymovement 0x5 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8801735
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x8801731
applymovement 0x2 0x8801731
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801731
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x880172E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8801725
applymovement 0x4 0x8801725
applymovement 0x2 0x8801725
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801725
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x880171F
applymovement 0x4 0x880171F
applymovement 0x2 0x880171F
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880171F
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x880172E
applymovement 0x4 0x880172E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x880171C
applymovement 0x4 0x8801719
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8801897 MSG_NORMAL '"See ya!!"
applymovement 0x5 0x8801716
applymovement 0x4 0x8801716
applymovement 0x2 0x8801716
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801716
waitmovement 0x0
warp 0x3 0x0 0xFF 0x6 0x13
end


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80179B
= Hello.\nOne of my collegues told me\pto give this Dratini to an\nup and coming trainer.

#org 0x801861
= Good job!

#org 0x8017F2
= [black_fr]You received a Dratini!

#org 0x80180F
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Dratini?

#org 0x801842
= Please take care of\nDratini.

#org 0x80175D
= I'll take that Dratini!

#org 0x801777
= h darn, well off the boat you go!

#org 0x80186D
= Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat you go!

#org 0x801897
= See ya!!


'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x801747
#raw 0x61 'Show
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80174A
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80175A
#raw 0x3 'Face Right
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801735
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801731
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80172E
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801725
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80171F
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80171C
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801719
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801716
#raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
  #8655    
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:40 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by cclemur View Post
I have been working on a script, and I am not sure what to do.
When you talk to oak, he is supposed to give you a pokemon, then the grunts will come over, try to take it, fail then push you off the boat. all of the movement is working except for when the grunts are supposed to come out to get you. they don't come out, but I know they are moving up and around as they should. Here is the code:
Spoiler:
'---------------
#org 0x8015A8
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto 0x880160A
msgbox 0x880179B MSG_NORMAL '"Hello.\nOne of my collegues told m..."
goto 0x88015C1

'---------------
#org 0x80160A
msgbox 0x8801861 MSG_NORMAL '"Good job!"
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x8015C1
givepokemon 0x93 0x5 0x139 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x88017F2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[black_fr]You received a Dratini!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox 0x880180F MSG_YESNO '"[black_fr]Would you like to give a..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8801603
msgbox 0x8801842 MSG_NORMAL '"Please take care of\nDratini."
goto 0x8801615

'---------------
#org 0x801603
call 0x81A74EB
return

'---------------
#org 0x801615
applymovement 0x4 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x880174A
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880175A
waitmovement 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x1 0x0 0x880175D 0x8801777 0x8801647
end

'---------------
#org 0x1A74EB
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

'---------------
#org 0x801647
msgbox 0x880186D MSG_NORMAL '"Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat ..."
applymovement 0x5 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8801735
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x8801731
applymovement 0x2 0x8801731
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801731
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x880172E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8801725
applymovement 0x4 0x8801725
applymovement 0x2 0x8801725
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801725
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x880171F
applymovement 0x4 0x880171F
applymovement 0x2 0x880171F
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880171F
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x880172E
applymovement 0x4 0x880172E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x880171C
applymovement 0x4 0x8801719
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8801897 MSG_NORMAL '"See ya!!"
applymovement 0x5 0x8801716
applymovement 0x4 0x8801716
applymovement 0x2 0x8801716
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801716
waitmovement 0x0
warp 0x3 0x0 0xFF 0x6 0x13
end


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80179B
= Hello.\nOne of my collegues told me\pto give this Dratini to an\nup and coming trainer.

#org 0x801861
= Good job!

#org 0x8017F2
= [black_fr]You received a Dratini!

#org 0x80180F
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Dratini?

#org 0x801842
= Please take care of\nDratini.

#org 0x80175D
= I'll take that Dratini!

#org 0x801777
= h darn, well off the boat you go!

#org 0x80186D
= Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat you go!

#org 0x801897
= See ya!!


'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x801747
#raw 0x61 'Show
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80174A
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80175A
#raw 0x3 'Face Right
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801735
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801731
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80172E
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801725
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80171F
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80171C
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801719
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801716
#raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
So, you're saying that the grunts don't appear? They are invisible? Could I see a video so that I can get a better insight as to what is going on here?
__________________

Paired with Simba
  #8656    
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:18 PM
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I think the issue is trainerbattle 0x1?
__________________
  #8657    
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:18 PM
destinedjagold's Avatar
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by cclemur View Post
I have been working on a script, and I am not sure what to do.
When you talk to oak, he is supposed to give you a pokemon, then the grunts will come over, try to take it, fail then push you off the boat. all of the movement is working except for when the grunts are supposed to come out to get you. they don't come out, but I know they are moving up and around as they should. Here is the code:
Spoiler:
'---------------
#org 0x8015A8
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto 0x880160A
msgbox 0x880179B MSG_NORMAL '"Hello.\nOne of my collegues told m..."
goto 0x88015C1

'---------------
#org 0x80160A
msgbox 0x8801861 MSG_NORMAL '"Good job!"
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x8015C1
givepokemon 0x93 0x5 0x139 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x88017F2 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[black_fr]You received a Dratini!"
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox 0x880180F MSG_YESNO '"[black_fr]Would you like to give a..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x8801603
msgbox 0x8801842 MSG_NORMAL '"Please take care of\nDratini."
goto 0x8801615

'---------------
#org 0x801603
call 0x81A74EB
return

'---------------
#org 0x801615
applymovement 0x4 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x880174A
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880175A
waitmovement 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x1 0x0 0x880175D 0x8801777 0x8801647
end

'---------------
#org 0x1A74EB
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

'---------------
#org 0x801647
msgbox 0x880186D MSG_NORMAL '"Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat ..."
applymovement 0x5 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8801735
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x8801731
applymovement 0x2 0x8801731
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801731
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x880172E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8801725
applymovement 0x4 0x8801725
applymovement 0x2 0x8801725
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801725
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x880171F
applymovement 0x4 0x880171F
applymovement 0x2 0x880171F
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880171F
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x880172E
applymovement 0x4 0x880172E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x880171C
applymovement 0x4 0x8801719
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8801897 MSG_NORMAL '"See ya!!"
applymovement 0x5 0x8801716
applymovement 0x4 0x8801716
applymovement 0x2 0x8801716
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8801716
waitmovement 0x0
warp 0x3 0x0 0xFF 0x6 0x13
end


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80179B
= Hello.\nOne of my collegues told me\pto give this Dratini to an\nup and coming trainer.

#org 0x801861
= Good job!

#org 0x8017F2
= [black_fr]You received a Dratini!

#org 0x80180F
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Dratini?

#org 0x801842
= Please take care of\nDratini.

#org 0x80175D
= I'll take that Dratini!

#org 0x801777
= h darn, well off the boat you go!

#org 0x80186D
= Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat you go!

#org 0x801897
= See ya!!


'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x801747
#raw 0x61 'Show
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80174A
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80175A
#raw 0x3 'Face Right
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801735
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801731
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80172E
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801725
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80171F
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x80171C
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801719
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x801716
#raw 0x1E 'Step Up (Fast)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
studying your script, i found out that the grunt is hidden and then you 'showed him up' via movement scripts. that works, only if you add #raw 0x61 to every single applymovement of your grunt, preferably, the very first movement on your movement address.

example...
Code:
...
#org 0x80174A
#raw 0x61 'Show
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
...
do note that he will also disappear in every other applymovement commands, even if he's not included, so you better add him in every applymovement group scripts.

example...
Code:
...
#org 0x801647
applymovement 0x4 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880186D MSG_NORMAL '"Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat ..."
applymovement 0x4 0x8801747
applymovement 0x5 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x8801747
applymovement 0x5 0x8801735
waitmovement 0x0
...

...
#org 0x801747
#raw 0x61 'Show
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
...
and that's how annoying the 'hidden' behavior in a-map is. :3
__________________
  #8658    
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:40 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
studying your script, i found out that the grunt is hidden and then you 'showed him up' via movement scripts. that works, only if you add #raw 0x61 to every single applymovement of your grunt, preferably, the very first movement on your movement address.

example...
Code:
...
#org 0x80174A
#raw 0x61 'Show
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0x12 'Step Left (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
...
do note that he will also disappear in every other applymovement commands, even if he's not included, so you better add him in every applymovement group scripts.

example...
Code:
...
#org 0x801647
applymovement 0x4 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880186D MSG_NORMAL '"Oh darn...\nWell...\pOff the boat ..."
applymovement 0x4 0x8801747
applymovement 0x5 0x8801747
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x8801747
applymovement 0x5 0x8801735
waitmovement 0x0
...

...
#org 0x801747
#raw 0x61 'Show
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
...
and that's how annoying the 'hidden' behavior in a-map is. :3
Thanks DJG, I didn't have time to study his long script.
__________________

Paired with Simba
  #8659    
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Hey guys, does exist a method for make appear a sprite in a determinate coords (X|Y)?
  #8660    
Old August 12th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu
ຯອອ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ever Grande City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
How I go about this is that I'll give a person event an ID and set their flag. Later on, when I need them, I'll clear their flag and have them fulfill their duties
__________________

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
  #8661    
Old August 12th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Bubblepopper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Hey again guys,

I posted a script yesterday and you guys helped me a lot, anyways started trying to move on to more advanced scripts and i've ran into another problem.

Iv made a script for a random NPC to give a pokemon to you, im following a tutorial and even though iv followed his script something went wrong, I think its something to do with the flags, but no matter how much a tinker with them the character continues to talk like hes already given you the pokemon.

Im using XSE 1.1.1 so thats not the problem.

Anyways heres the code, any help at all would be really appreciated!

#dynamic 0x800042

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @question 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @givepokemon
msgbox @nothanks 0x6
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @checkup 0x6
release
end

#org @givepokemon
msgbox @thanks 0x6
givepokemon 0x19 0xA 0xD 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @recieved 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1200
msgbox @thanks2 0x6
release
end

#org @question
= Hey there!\pYou seem like a nice person.\nWould you like this Pikachu?

#org @nothanks
= Oh, that's too bad.\pCome back if you change your mind.

#org @thanks
= Oh, thats great!\pHere you go!

#org @thanks2
= Thanks again.\pTake goo care of Pikachu!

#org @recieved
= \v\h01 recieved PIKACHU!

#org @checkup
= Hey again.\pHow's my Pikachu doing with you?
  #8662    
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu
ຯອອ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ever Grande City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblepopper View Post
checkflag 0x1200
Wow, that's a large number. I'd suggest using a flag in the 0x200s.
__________________

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
  #8663    
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Bubblepopper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
Wow, that's a large number. I'd suggest using a flag in the 0x200s.
Would that help though?

The tutorial script worked without a hitch and its flag was set to 1200, but mine just keeps skipping to "@done" which then loads "@checkup", so the NPC continually talks like the Pokemon was given to the player already...
  #8664    
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu
ຯອອ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ever Grande City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
If you've already set flag 0x1200 earlier, then it will remain set unless you clear it via the clearflag command. And for the sake of vars, keep the flag numbers to a minimum.
__________________

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
  #8665    
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Bubblepopper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
That was it thank you!

I must have already had the flag set, didnt even think of that.

Cheers for the help!
  #8666    
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
How I go about this is that I'll give a person event an ID and set their flag. Later on, when I need them, I'll clear their flag and have them fulfill their duties
Mmmm.. i think haven't got it. =(
  #8667    
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:40 PM
cclemur's Avatar
cclemur
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
[B][FONT="Book Antiqua"]studying your script, i found out that the grunt is hidden and then you 'showed him up' via movement scripts. that works, only if you add #raw 0x61 to every single applymovement of your grunt, preferably, the very first movement on your movement address.
Thanks for the insight on the hidden scripts, but the problem is that I the grunts won't leave their "hiding place" but still move the way they are supposed to minus the appearing which you have just informed me how to do. I will post a video, but seeing as I can't post links yet, just check out my youtube channel for the video if you are willing to help. the channel name is cclemur
  #8668    
Old August 12th, 2013, 02:36 PM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblepopper View Post
That was it thank you!

I must have already had the flag set, didnt even think of that.

Cheers for the help!
Read this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347
__________________

Paired with Simba
  #8669    
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Hello again,

Which is the flag, or the var, where i can check if a battle has been won or not? I need it because i would realize a battle that i'm sure i'll loose, and after that i would move my sprite to another bank map and position.
  #8670    
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu
ຯອອ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ever Grande City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
Hello again,

Which is the flag, or the var, where i can check if a battle has been won or not? I need it because i would realize a battle that i'm sure i'll loose, and after that i would move my sprite to another bank map and position.
Just use checktrainerflag 0xYYY.
YYY would be the trainer's number (the one you'll see in A-Trainer).
__________________

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
  #8671    
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
So, like this?

Code:
trainerbattle <etc>..
checktrainerflag 0x<ID>
if 0x1 goto @win
// if you loose
Right? Or have i to compare the last result?

Last edited by Mauri; August 13th, 2013 at 03:52 AM.
  #8672    
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:08 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
So, like this?

Code:
trainerbattle <etc>..
checktrainerflag 0x<ID>
if 0x1 goto @win
// if you loose
Right? Or have i to compare the last result?
Nope, a common misconception is that trainerflags are set when you beat them. Trainerflags are really cleared when you beat them.

And yes, you need to compare LASTRESULT 0x0 in between the chckflag and the if.
__________________

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; August 13th, 2013 at 05:20 AM.
  #8673    
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Mauri
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
So it should be like this:

Code:
checktrainerflag 0x<value>
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @Win
  #8674    
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Wobbu's Avatar
Wobbu
ຯອອ
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ever Grande City
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
So, like this?

Code:
trainerbattle <etc>..
checktrainerflag 0x<ID>
if 0x1 goto @win
// if you loose
Right? Or have i to compare the last result?
Yeah, if the trainer has been defeated, then the flag will be set. You don't need to check a variable, just do if 0x1 goto.
If you want to do a script with the actual trainerbattle in it, then this is what you want:
Code:
trainerbattle 0x3 0xYYY 0x0 @intro @defeat
Iirc, trainerbattle 0x3 allows execution after the battle, even if you lose.
__________________

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
  #8675    
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:01 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
Yeah, if the trainer has been defeated, then the flag will be set. You don't need to check a variable, just do if 0x1 goto.
If you want to do a script with the actual trainerbattle in it, then this is what you want:
Code:
trainerbattle 0x3 0xYYY 0x0 @intro @defeat
Iirc, trainerbattle 0x3 allows execution after the battle, even if you lose.
NO!

Sorry bro, but this is completely wrong. Trainerflags are cleared when you win, and trainerbattle 0x3 doesn't require a pounter to continue the script, however the wcript will NOT continue if you lose. The only trainerbattle that will continue is 0x9. However that is the tutorial battle which has all sprts of messaged which pop up, though woth a alittle work, they can be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
So it should be like this:

Code:
checktrainerflag 0x<value>
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @Win
Yes, that is correct, for checking if you won of course.
__________________

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; August 13th, 2013 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.