The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:39 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male






Introduction

Did you ever play Pokémon and think how awesome it would be if Nintendo made a Pokémon MMO?
No need to dream any longer..
Pokemon Nox has arrived!




Story

Once upon a time, a meteor containing an alien virus crashed on earth.
This meteor was recovered by a scientist from the Team Rocket Remnants.
He considers the meteor and the power it contains the way to restore Team Rocket to its former glory.
If Team Rocket succeeds in extracting the secrets from the meteor, the world as we know it may no longer exist.
Prof.Oak knows Team Rocket recovered the meteorite and failing to contact Red, he gives several new trainers a starter Pokémon in the hopes they can find Red.
Together they may be able to prevent the biggest disaster the Pokémon world has ever faced.
(This is the old storyline, this will soon be replaced with the new one)



Features

• Original Storyline with lots of quests •
• Chat, Trade and Battle with players all over the world •
• Revisit the regions you know and love •
• Mouse movement •
• Mining and Crafting •
• Trainer skills •


Screenshots


Spoiler:




Album Link
Screenshots are currently being updated.


Video's

Spoiler:

Trading and PvP video.


Team:

Me - Creator
iDevine - Story Writer / Community Manager
Umbreon - Mapper / Scripter
Redfire11 - Spriter

Special thanks go to Poccil, Maruno and Blizzard.

Credits:

Kyledove
Alucus
Chimcharsfireworks
WesleyFG
Light-Pa
lalo0101
Rayquaza.
__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op

Last edited by khkramer; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:00 AM. Reason: Thread overhaul
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:21 AM
Sundragon's Avatar
Sundragon
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Its a really unique story, I like it but I would like to see more about the game before giving full comments . If you need help please P.M I would love to help out with the story and stuff
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature width limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
what kind of new region? you make it sound like theres 3 regions, though the screenshot I see is the path just before pewter city - do you mean you'll be redesigning both regions? are you unable to go to johto? is red no longer on silver mountain? if he still is, are you able to reach it and not johto, because they are right next to each other according to hg/ss (the most recent one ive played ) and how do you reach hoenn? through a boat ride? after you reach there do you have to keep taking the boat ride?

- in HG/SS there was a train that took you from kanto-johto and vice versa, however, there was also the road to the elite 4, that was sort of a grey area, it was in both johto and kanto - basically when your in 1 region you cant fly to the other, but you could fly to that road, and then fly to the other region much faster than the train - my question is how will you be dealing with this, is there no need to be in the other region when you're in 1? are there exclusive pokemon in each region?

This is planning on being an MMO, is there a limit on pokemon? some games have a limit on beasts and monsters and require players to take action in making more, through growing seeds, or other means, is your game just like a normal pokemon game? are there quests? are the quests the same for each person? can you do double battles with other players? can you team up to take on a gym leader? are gyms a solo thing? are there dungeons? are the gyms a dungeon OOO:
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:17 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
what kind of new region? you make it sound like theres 3 regions, though the screenshot I see is the path just before pewter city - do you mean you'll be redesigning both regions? are you unable to go to johto? is red no longer on silver mountain? if he still is, are you able to reach it and not johto, because they are right next to each other according to hg/ss (the most recent one ive played ) and how do you reach hoenn? through a boat ride? after you reach there do you have to keep taking the boat ride?
The final game will have 3 accessible regions, Kanto, Hoenn and Johto.
Red is no longer on silver mountain, silver mountain may still be accessible.
You reach Hoenn by a boat ride, after you've taken the boat ride you can fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
- in HG/SS there was a train that took you from kanto-johto and vice versa, however, there was also the road to the elite 4, that was sort of a grey area, it was in both johto and kanto - basically when your in 1 region you cant fly to the other, but you could fly to that road, and then fly to the other region much faster than the train - my question is how will you be dealing with this, is there no need to be in the other region when you're in 1? are there exclusive pokemon in each region?
Each region will have some exclusive Pokémon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
This is planning on being an MMO, is there a limit on pokemon? some games have a limit on beasts and monsters and require players to take action in making more, through growing seeds, or other means, is your game just like a normal pokemon game? are there quests? are the quests the same for each person? can you do double battles with other players? can you team up to take on a gym leader? are gyms a solo thing? are there dungeons? are the gyms a dungeon OOO:
The only limit to how many Pokémon you can have is how much space the boxes have.
It's just a like a regular pokemon game but with more quests etc.
The quest may change depending on some variables (starter pokémon etc.)
Gyms are still a solo thing, and there will be dungeons.
__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Rayquaza.'s Avatar
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Good to see this back. I like the Windows 8 look that all the UIs have. I can't say that I like the current tiles as much as the ones you used before but hope the progress goes well. If you need any help then just send me a PM.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
Good to see this back. I like the Windows 8 look that all the UIs have. I can't say that I like the current tiles as much as the ones you used before but hope the progress goes well. If you need any help then just send me a PM.
Yeah in my opinion some of the old tiles were better too but I have trouble finding them again.
I don't need any help at the moment but when I do I'll pm you for sure
__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
If this is an MMO that means we can trade pokemon with other real people, correct? how many pokemon are there in the game? those 3 regions+evolutions, or all of them? or what O.o

anyway, this sounds really cool! I hope it turns out well, you already seem to have a good handle on it since you've answered my other questions ^ ^

-one thing, how will trainer battles work, I'm assuming theres still the normal trainers etc, but will there be PvP? if there is can you do it all willy-nilly? could you stalk people and constantly ask them to battle? can you battle but only in a Colosseum type of thing? can you only battle trainers on routes and such, and the towns and cities are "safe areas"
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
If this is an MMO that means we can trade pokemon with other real people, correct? how many pokemon are there in the game? those 3 regions+evolutions, or all of them? or what O.o
Yes trading with other people will be possible.
All 649 Pokémon will be in the game with the exception of some legendaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
-one thing, how will trainer battles work, I'm assuming theres still the normal trainers etc, but will there be PvP? if there is can you do it all willy-nilly? could you stalk people and constantly ask them to battle? can you battle but only in a Colosseum type of thing? can you only battle trainers on routes and such, and the towns and cities are "safe areas"
The final game will feature pvp, you'll be able to challenge people with everywhere with a few exceptions.
There will also be a limit how many battle requests you can send to one person within certain time period so people won't be bothered.
__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op

Last edited by khkramer; August 3rd, 2013 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:56 AM
TheFishHead2313's Avatar
TheFishHead2313
Pokemon Rom Editor[Begginer]
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: POKEMON WORLD
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to TheFishHead2313
i like the graphics especially you can go to other regions and good luck on your project ill support
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Update

I finished Pallet Town, which version do you guys prefer?


Version 1


Version 2


Version 3
__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
definitly not #2, it just looks weird with the stone paths, I wanna say #3 but I think #1 looks the best

I'd say #1
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:14 AM
joeyhugg's Avatar
joeyhugg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
I registered on the forum! Can't wait for a demo! Btw, I choose #3.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Whitney's Shaymin's Avatar
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Goldenrod, Johto
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
#3 is for me. Obviously that says my choice.
__________________


"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:27 PM
TheFishHead2313's Avatar
TheFishHead2313
Pokemon Rom Editor[Begginer]
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: POKEMON WORLD
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to TheFishHead2313
i like version 1 & 3 and definitely not the second one
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old August 6th, 2013, 11:53 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Little Update

In the end I went with #1 , I also edited the pallette a little bit and replaced the building back to hgss style because they look a lot better in my opinion.



Also finished Kanto Route 1

__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op

Last edited by khkramer; August 6th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by khkramer View Post
Little Update

In the end I went with #1 , I also edited the pallette a little bit and replaced the building back to hgss style because they look a lot better in my opinion.

the professor's building looks weird, like its really wide and long, but its really short
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:08 PM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
the professor's building looks weird, like its really wide and long, but its really short
I agree that it look short but it was the best looking lab tile I could find.
Also what do you think of Route 1?
__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by khkramer View Post
I agree that it look short but it was the best looking lab tile I could find.
Also what do you think of Route 1?
oh I didnt see it before, It looks great, I like all the layering with the mountain cliffs and everything, but the middle one seems a little too empty
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Route 1 Final:


Pewter City finished tomorrow(sneak peek):
__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
I like how it's turning out, route 1 is pretty cool, and I like how the museum is on a cliff, good work!
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old August 12th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Rayquaza.'s Avatar
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by khkramer View Post
Route 1 Final:


Pewter City finished tomorrow(sneak peek):
I love how this is looking. If you want I can send you my versions of those rock tiles which I edited slightly to make into pond tiles.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:15 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Pokémon Base Stat Updates:

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but a lot of 'weak' Pokémon will get their stats and movesets revised to be more competitive.

Raichu:



Persian:



Rapidash:



Flareon:

__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op

Last edited by khkramer; August 13th, 2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Added flareon
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Looking really good. I remember seeing this months ago. Glad you're still working on it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
• New Feature [Crafting]

Pokémon Nox will have crafting as a feature.

Thing you'll be able to craft:

- Foods (Cake,Bread,Pie etc.)
- Pokéballs (Apricorns)
- Medicine (Potions,elixirs,revives etc)
- Hold Items (Power Band, Focus Sash etc)

Thing you'll be able to gather
- Berries (ofcourse)
- Apricorns
- (Moomoo) milk
- Rocks (mining)

Look forward to screenshots of this new feature in a few days
__________________

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by khkramer View Post
• New Feature [Crafting]

Pokémon Nox will have crafting as a feature.

Thing you'll be able to craft:

- Foods (Cake,Bread,Pie etc.)
- Pokéballs (Apricorns)
- Medicine (Potions,elixirs,revives etc)
- Hold Items (Power Band, Focus Sash etc)

Thing you'll be able to gather
- Berries (ofcourse)
- Apricorns
- (Moomoo) milk
- Rocks (mining)

Look forward to screenshots of this new feature in a few days
crafting eh? how will you implement it? I was thinking of adding crafting as well but the problem I have is what sort of material would make sense to be crafted into items or medicine as well as where the player would go to craft

I'll assume you have an idea on how to work it into your game, the question is what sort of materials are you going to use? it would seem weird to craft rocks into hold items (other than those weather stones) regardless, its a great feature to add, and good luck in further production! it sounds like this will be turning out to be a great game!
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.