The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old August 8th, 2013, 04:00 AM
godlesplay

I can't patch it with NUPS, I have this error while patching "The patch doesn't match the file. Patching canceled"
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Drk.Legendary
You can't Escape from Me.!

Nature: Naughty
How far does Beta 4 end? Does it end before the ilex forest event? because i cant get through the ilex forest door.

--------------------------------
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:57 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk.Legendary View Post
How far does Beta 4 end? Does it end before the ilex forest event? because i cant get through the ilex forest door.
Ilex Forest? That's not accessable yet in game. Beta 4 ends at the National Park. I removed the warp to National Park because I needed a cutoff point, and I didn't have time to put a notification of the beta's end. But if it's Ilex Forest...O_o

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old August 8th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Dabootyswag

Nature: Relaxed
I've never played this hack but it looks good so I'll try it
Message me on Skype. My username is "Dabootyswag"
This will be on a Emulator
So who wants to play?
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:25 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

I figured out how to pass the beginning that I *& most of you* had trouble with. Before you move the character move left 1 space & then continue to go down & then then an ! appears above the players head. automatically the you go down & talk to the cpu. If you did it right, the first thing reads
Quote:
???: Wh-what are you doing in a place like this?
I figured this out by using the 1st beta & playing it on vba but then when I found out what to do I did it in beta 4. Also if you try to use an old .sav it doesn't work bc I tried to use the beta 1 save for beta 4. So I hope this helps you guys.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here

Last edited by qaz015393; August 8th, 2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Barbie Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
I figured out how to pass the beginning that I *& most of you* had trouble with. Before you move the character move left 1 space & then continue to go down & then then an ! appears above the players head. automatically the you go down & talk to the cpu. If you did it right, the first thing reads I figured this out by using the 1st beta & playing it on vba but then when I found out what to do I did it in beta 4. Also if you try to use an old .sav it doesn't work bc I tried to use the beta 1 save for beta 4. So I hope this helps you guys.
Tried this and it didn't work for me.

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM
qaz015393

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 XTREME View Post
Tried this and it didn't work for me.
I made a quick vid to show you guys how to pass the beginning part for those who can't pass it. It's a weird script that if you don't do if correctly the 1st time you need to reset, I don't know why. Also redriders180 can use it in his FAQ since a lot of people will ask they are stuck please help. If redriders180 or a mod wants me to remove the small tut on passing the beginning then I'll remove it.
Attached Files
File Type: avi glazed.AVI‎ (5.54 MB, 22 views)

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

Old August 10th, 2013, 03:49 AM
e3

Nature: Adamant
I did everything you did in the video but its still not working
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:44 AM
qaz015393

Quote:
Originally Posted by e3 View Post
I did everything you did in the video but its still not working
It only works right after you start a new game. If you had moved any other way other than what I did in the vid, you will be stuck in the world. It's a funny flag/script. If it doesn't work for you, re-start the game and do what is done in the vid right away and do nothing else when you first gain control of the player. I can say it does work, I get it to work all the time.

Old August 10th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Barbie Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
It only works right after you start a new game. If you had moved any other way other than what I did in the vid, you will be stuck in the world. It's a funny flag/script. If it doesn't work for you, re-start the game and do what is done in the vid right away and do nothing else when you first gain control of the player. I can say it does work, I get it to work all the time.
Doesn't mean it is gonna work for everyone, because I have done the same that you did in the video and it still doesn't work.

Old August 10th, 2013, 01:48 PM
qaz015393

Quote:
Doesn't mean it is gonna work for everyone, because I have done the same that you did in the video and it still doesn't work.
I guess your right. But that is a buggy script that I hope gets resolved so others don't end up stuck.

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
I've done my best, but I could never think of a way to resolve this big issue, but I've tried one last thing. If this doesn't work, I don't think anything will :\

Beta 4C posted on the original post. This includes new stuff I've been working on too, and it has a proper finishing sequence, so you KNOW when the Beta ends.

It also has scripted events for Cresselia, Darkrai, Latias, Latios, and Mew.

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Barbie Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
I've done my best, but I could never think of a way to resolve this big issue, but I've tried one last thing. If this doesn't work, I don't think anything will :\

Beta 4C posted on the original post. This includes new stuff I've been working on too, and it has a proper finishing sequence, so you KNOW when the Beta ends.

It also has scripted events for Cresselia, Darkrai, Latias, Latios, and Mew.
It seems you finally fixed that issue as I was successful getting passed the beginning.

Edit: Ran into a bug, when you try to leave Willow's lab after choosing your starter he says "Don't forget your starter."

Last edited by Barbie Jean; August 12th, 2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:58 AM
redriders180

Quote:
It seems you finally fixed that issue as I was successful getting passed the beginning.

Edit: Ran into a bug, when you try to leave Willow's lab after choosing your starter he says "Don't forget your starter."
Alright, so people's emulator's don't like the expanded variables I added...Dammit >__<

So, I'll need to fix the script to set every variable at the beginning to 0x0. Not a big deal, but It'll take a sec before the full fix is done. Although this does mean more people will be able to play it!

Will post it to the main post when done. Thanks for helping me finally figure this out!

Edit: Posted

Last edited by redriders180; August 12th, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old August 12th, 2013, 09:47 AM

Dude can you finish the hack this year? :D
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:45 PM
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar11 View Post
Dude can you finish the hack this year? :D
Definately. Of course. I'm already so close to being done, I should be done by the end of September, if I could wager a guess.

Old August 12th, 2013, 07:38 PM
pr0mentality

someone help me please? i patched a clean rom of pokemon emerald. started it in vba 1.80, realized it was recommended to be played in 1.72, so i downloaded that, started it up in there and i can't get past the opening area. i've tried this on many other emulators, and even re patched a couple of other roms. so any other suggestions?
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Barbie Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0mentality View Post
someone help me please? i patched a clean rom of pokemon emerald. started it in vba 1.80, realized it was recommended to be played in 1.72, so i downloaded that, started it up in there and i can't get past the opening area. i've tried this on many other emulators, and even re patched a couple of other roms. so any other suggestions?
Did you download the latest patch for the hack?

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:08 PM
pr0mentality

Quote:
Did you download the latest patch for the hack?
Yup, beta 4. even patched it to a couple different roms, but i stil always get some guy talking about the volcanic ashes
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Barbie Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0mentality View Post
Yup, beta 4. even patched it to a couple different roms, but i stil always get some guy talking about the volcanic ashes
maybe try to redownload the patch and after patching try it on vba 1.80 since it might work on there now.

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM
pr0mentality

yeah, im doing that now. and i have tried vba 1.80 before, along with No$gba and other emu's, but still nothing. ill edit this post if re downloading the patch doesn't work.

EDIT: Nevermind, the issue seems to of been the roms i was using. Its working just fine now. Thanks for the help K2 =]

Last edited by pr0mentality; August 12th, 2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:47 AM
redriders180

The best way to test if the patch is weird is if the man at the beginning talks about volcanic ash. HE DOESN'T DO THIS ANYMORE OF THE MOST RECENT BETA! If he talks about ash, you did something wrong. Please remember to patch to clean copies of Emerald, and not other betas...

Last edited by redriders180; August 13th, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:26 AM
sy94123

how about fixing the map problem in the right part of the map.?
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:49 AM
e3

Nature: Adamant
Um. If you run out of time in the Safari Zone, you get stuck in the wall.
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:32 AM
chimpact

Send a message via Skype™ to chimpact
played 5 minutes into the game, chose chimchar and got smashed by mudkip in the rain lol.

nice hack
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links