The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 581 69.58%
Alright! 130 15.57%
Average 58 6.95%
Awful.. 16 1.92%
Abomination.... 50 5.99%
Voters: 835. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven

Advertise here
I'd like to point out when I was playing 7a, several corrupted pokemon did not change their foms to corrupted evolved forms (or reverse of that I honestly forget) as they had previously, they stayed the same, including the one where the guy said it was a corrupted graveller, but the whole fight it was just a geodude - wasnt sure if this was a glitch or intended, I'm assuming glitch due to this MASSIVE update *o *

I would also like to say I like where this is going c:

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:55 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
^Likely a glitch, or maybe you were killing them too fast. for example, if a pokemon is paralyzed, frozen, sleeping, then it cannot actually evolve until it recovers. so that might've happened.

Moved the update to new page, so people dont miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutellaOnYoBooty View Post
This is nice ~^.^~ I like this c: Good work!~
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
Well, if it needs to be perfect, should I be combing the game for misspellings?
If so, before you release, can you send a version to me for manually correcting the mistakes?
I've once again just gone through the entire script and revamped it (the dialouge is much nicer now. the main character talks and responds more.) So there may be a lot more new misspellings.
On the other hand my grammer has gotten a lot better. Ill have a new beta soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilade View Post
I've followed this game from fairly early on and this has always been one of the most promising and unique games on this site, so given that I only check up every few months or so it's really good to see that some major progress is being made. I've always waited for full releases on both hacks and games here, but I can honestly say this project is the only one that intrigued me enough to want to try a beta version (an older one it was, 3 or 4 I think). I don't even mind if this game is never completed, the build I played was a pleasure to have done so, and I'm sure the current on is much more refined. I've been taking a full time course on games development at college, so I'm beginning to appreciate just how much of a pain in the ass these things can be so I'll leave you with this: Good luck! Make as much of this game as you're motivated to, you shouldn't feel obligated to finish it, but know that I'm quite excited to play it
thanks for the kind words
the game feels like a different beast compared to v0.4 the level of polish now makes it feel more like a real game rather than a amature fangame. When i watch let's plays of the game on youtube about older versions, i can't help but cringe a little bit at the bugs and spelling errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
I'm so excited! >:D and congratz on uni!
I've been waiting for this game to be continued, and now that its starting back up, I can't wait for updates!
Thanks it's nice to be back.

----------------

UPDATE

So i've spend much of the last week working on sidequests and planning the rest of the game out.

Sidequest-----------

there should be around 20 of them in 0.7b. each granting various kinds of bonuses. TMs, equipment, evolution stones, pokemon. etc. plus you get a trophy for completing each one.
Although the storyline is linear, the sidequests make it feel a lot more open.

Storyline-
---------------

i've pretty much finalized the storyline, PM me if you want me to tell you the plot of the game from start to end, it'll get massively spoiled, but on the other hand, I need thoughts about the story.

Map Update-----------

So I've done some minor updates to the map. Mainly layout changes. removing much of the planned second region and combining it with the first region to create one large region. I've pretty much nailed down where each legendary pokemon will be encountered.
Ill most definetly tweak it more as the project progresses, but they'll probably only be small additions and modifications.

(click to enlarge)

white areas = Completed (meaning it's coming in 0.7b)
light gray = Mapped (it's mapped, but not scripted, and wont be appearing in v0.7b)
dark gray = Nope. (doesnt exist as of yet)

Name Changes-
------------

I decided to change the names of some areas. for various reasons.

Tasto Creek -> Aurum Creek [because tasto didnt mean anything, i took a word. added a vouel to the end of it.]

Resta Falls -> Leaky Falls [resta doesnt actually mean anything... same way as tasto]

Mt Sitor -> Mt Atlas [not sure if sitor meant anything, but now altas. named after greek god.]

Imbibo lake -> Ros lake [IIRC imbibo means drink in latin. but imbibo is a clumsy and hard to pronounce lake. Ros means wet. and is simple.]

Amplus City -> Magnus City [amplus was a fine name in itself, but i realised 3 of the first 5 cities you come across start with A. Aurum. Arbor. Amplus. might confuse players. plus magnus sounds badass. both amplus and magnus mean large in latin.

Cave of the Dammed -> Silent Ruins [more ruins than cave now... too many goddamn caves in the game...]

Funfact: each city in the game is a latin word.
Aurum Town = Gold (because main character's default name is gold)
Ventus City = Wind (because flying gym)
Brevis Town = Small (because it is small and has nothing of interest)
Arbor City= Tree (because it's next to a forest.)
Magnus City= Large (because it's the biggest city)
Ferreus Town= Steel/Hard (because it's next to a steel mine and steel gym)
Mors Village = Death (because of ghost gym and graveyard)
Portus City = Port (well... because theres a port)

Pokemon-
----------

So in v0.7b heres what pokemon should be avalaible:
Eevee, Starter, Sentret, Pidgey, Weedle/Caterpie, Nidoran, Zubat, Bellsprout/Oddish, Psyduck(alpha), Geodude, Spinarak, Pineco, Poliwag, Mareep, Abra, Diglett, Grimer(alpha), Tyrogue, Pichu, Smoochum, Elekid/Magby, Electrike(omega), Drowzee, Exeggcute, Shroomish,
Natu, Lotad, Snubbull, Sandshrew/Phanpy, Hoothoot, Houndour, Seedot, Gastly, Houndour, Mankey. - theres a chance that a couple wont make it if i decide to change their locations.

Heres some corrupted. you might notice updated sprites for a few of them.

(click to enlarge)

Social Media----------

So in additon to

Pokecommunity Forums
Website
Blog

I've now expanded to social media. ill be posting updates there too. and you can use them to ask me questions. post comments. discussions whatever.

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit

Next Version-
---------

So all this talk about v0.7b probably has you curious as to when it will be done... All I can say right now is Soon.

But I'll be putting beta versions out before v0.7b so people can bugtest them. I'll be releasing a beta version ( beta72 ) relatively soon in fact. So stay tuned.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; August 13th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Saving Raven

I doubt I was killing them too fast xD it took forever to kill the last few (i'm assuming due to their levels which I never bother to look at) but there were times when I would be doing never to nothing for turns - though I found the cheapest move ever - blindness...that move is such a *****, and is perfect for almost all opponents, could that have prevented their evolution?

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:43 PM
DragonChalice

Nature: Mild
Love the game so far! Amazing graphics and story. Did find a couple of glitches though

1. Can't get the trophy for the Basket Bandit Side Quest. Related note? It marked the Beetle Hunt SQ as done as soon as I opening the quest log. I did the Bug quest and got the trophy for it (BH) to pop but still can't get Bandit to pop.

2. Can't do Oak's Side Quests. I have the Flux Capacitor in my inventory but the game keeps looping from "Got any errands" -> "Get Flux at Mark" -> Repeat (Store clerk told me to deliver it and she'd give me a reward/prize as well.)
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Humanoreo

Idk if this has already been stated or if its just a coincidence, but LVL 4 Weedle always use limit.

Old August 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoreo View Post
Idk if this has already been stated or if its just a coincidence, but LVL 4 Weedle always use limit.
twas a glitch, he said he accidentally replaced their "tackle" attack for limit break - I had the same problem and he said it would be fixed in the next release

Old August 19th, 2013, 09:08 PM
DarkDoom3000

thoes bugs should be fixed in the new version...

speaking of which....

-------------

NEW BETA! Super Pokemon Eevee Edition v0.72!

I'm super excited to announce the first SPEE release... In, well, over a year. It's mainly been on hiatus, so this new beta doesn't go that much further than the 0.7a, but to compensate SPEE releases should be much shorter in time. With the "Beta" versions being frequent while packaged "Demo" versions taking longer. But being more substantial updates. With the next beta being not too far away. Which will reach to the start of chapter 5 and the death of the second hypervisor.

This new beta ends right before the 4th gym. There are various additions and improvements since v0.7a, the most notable being....
  • New intro sequence, foreshadowing later events of the game.
  • Re-redone dialogue for major story events.
  • 3.5 chapters long / 3 gyms
  • PP "Recharge" mechanic
  • Updated Pokemon Center (now Free and new UI)
  • Updated Crafting System UI
  • Night mode and Gen3 Pokemon return
  • Updated Team Switcher and Nav Unit
  • Item QuickSelect Menu (hold Shift)
  • Balance Band item
  • Many more smaller changes and additions
DOWNLOAD NOW!
(Coincidentally, beta 0.72 is 72mb in size)

-------------

Sleek new banner for the cool kids!

-------------
EDIT:
If you are getting a "Runtime Package Error" then follow these steps:

Quote:
open up "rpg_rt.ini" with notepad. and paste this at the bottom
FullPackageFlag=1

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; August 20th, 2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old August 19th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
thoes bugs should be fixed in the new version...

speaking of which....

NEW BETA! Super Pokemon Eevee Edition v0.72!

mini-heart attack...can it be true!?! at this hour!?! are you trying to kill me...well I know what I'm doing all day tomorrow

on a serious note congrats on the update and I cannot possibly wait to try this

Old August 19th, 2013, 11:55 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
No work tomorrow, and currently having a stormy weather, so internet back home's crappy as heck.
This will be a gem of entertainment for me. :3

THANK YOU!!! :D

edit...
by the way, the ‘Media’ page in your site seems to be non-existent. =/
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
I was playing through the new version and saw some bugs with the corrupted Metapod/Butterfree. The Butterfree sprite has a white line above it, which is a bit weird. Also, when you defeat it, it says: "Butterfree devolved into Caterpie. Obtained Pidgey." And the sprite in the nickname screen is a Weedle. It's possible you did that as a joke (if so, then it's very funny), but I thought I should mention it nonetheless.
EDIT: It actually is a Pidgey.
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Thessbmzocker

Nature: Lonely
uh :3 new beta....I'll check that one out as soon as I'm home can't wait
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:03 AM
DragonChalice

Is super excited!!! Can't wait to play!

EDIT: It gets to between 20 and 40 MB then spits out the error. Repairing the file gets the same response.

EDIT 2: Error reads: Pokemon Eevee Beta 0.72.zip.part could not be saved because the source file could not be read.

FINAL EDIT: Firefox wouldn't download it. Had to use Google Chrome... but finally got it!

Last edited by DragonChalice; August 20th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
The Caterpie is very messed up. I also wanted to report 2 more things I found. The mountain next to Brevis. The eastern exit leads to a place you aren't meant to reach until you have 3 badges and I came there with one. There is no way back. Also, the first time you meet M, there are 2 copies of her and if you talk to the wrong one you get stuck.
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Saving Raven

I'd also like to say I fought the currupted weedle, it said i obtained pidgey and showed a pic of caterpie when i named it, i had pidgey in my party and evidently had weedle in my PC silently and didnt notice until i tried to make a shiny pokemon as I had found one and scanned it and am wondering if you removed that feature :c

Old August 20th, 2013, 01:30 PM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

How exactly are you supposed to add your save file from 7.1 to 7.2?

Old August 20th, 2013, 02:03 PM
shadowleeSP

So i got beat the Academy challenge and decided to stop there for today. I have wrote down some spelling errors i have encountered so far, to help with any polishing.

In the scene where Oak gives you Eevee: "Plus, you did save Eevee from thoes goons." It should be 'those'. And "Take care of Eevee, give it ample oppotinuity to grow." It should be 'opportunity'

The sign in Aurum Town says "-Town of precious beginings." It should be 'beginnings'. The Trainer Tip sign behind also says "suspicous", should be 'suspicious'.

The man that gives you the Picnic Basket sidequest says "Like I said, my picnic basket at home, It's the house on the east side of Ventus City." It should be 'my picnic basket's at home' or 'is at home'.

When you defeat the 2nd trainer in the Academy: "Under normal circumstances, if you loose in battle, you'll lose a quater of all your money." "loose"='lose' and "quater"='quarter'

When you defeat the Body Keeper: "You're a better trainer than I intially expected." "intially"='initially'

The Academy Master after getting your free Pokemon: "I suggest you try conquer the Pokemon League." "conquer"='conquering'
"You should try get all the Gym Badges." "try"='try to'

I haven't encountered any bugs so far, I'll be writing up more once i start it up again later, hope this helps. Awesome game btw.
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Thelegendaryhunter0

i'm trying to get geodude right now but a rock is in my way and i can't get rid of it
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:20 PM
DragonChalice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
I'd also like to say I fought the currupted weedle, it said i obtained pidgey and showed a pic of caterpie when i named it, i had pidgey in my party :c
Same here. Beedrill devolved to weedle and showed a pic of caterpie (with the name weedle) and then became a pidgey (named pidgey).

And I just discovered a weedle in my PC... I haven't beaten the first gym yet so will I still get the Corrupted Pidgey that spawned?

Last edited by DragonChalice; August 20th, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Thelegendaryhunter0

btw after the first meeting with m i got transported to lake ros and was near the 4th gym
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:10 PM
DarkDoom3000

thanks for the bug reports so far. fixed thoes.

->The caterpie/weedle glitch can be fixed by depositing all pokemon in the pokecenter PC. then withdrawing caterpie/weedle from storage. The glitch is caused by me accidently using pidgey's index number, adding pidgey to the party instead of cat/weed. a corrupted pidgey can still be found on route 1.

->When first encountering M, and 2 instances of her appear, talk to the one at the bottom.

->After encountering M, and warping to Ros Lake, don't head into the cave. just head south. which will take you to route 3, then go north from there back to brevis. The cave's warp is glitched up taking you to a point in the game that shouldn't be accessible until Much... much... later. If you did go through the cave, head out, then head north, until you reach ferreus town, buy the house, and warp back to a previous town. the events should still be intact.
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:26 PM
DragonChalice

A question. If I teach Eevee Crunch with the evolved forms know it? (its a level up move I think but also a TM).
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Thelegendaryhunter0

another weird thing about the pigey caterpie/weedle thing is it looks it syphons it's level
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM
frankiesay

Unfortunately the download link is broken?
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Thelegendaryhunter0

i'm listing grammer and bugs as i go along
in the scene with the league of professors elm says actuall hypervisor
it should be actual
and when you meet silver for the third time he says he has two bades instead of badges
also my nidoran female turned into a nidorino
when i try to use the 2nd gen pokedex the screen goes black
also there two moments when charater say amplus city instead of mangus city one being with the league of professors
randomly my charater moved really slow
sometimes eevee will just stop following me
after you beat biggs and wedge in magnus city when silver shows up the game just freezes i think this was just because of eevee stopped following me

Last edited by Thelegendaryhunter0; August 20th, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:42 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChalice View Post
A question. If I teach Eevee Crunch with the evolved forms know it? (its a level up move I think but also a TM).
Nope. movesets of eevee forms are all inderpendent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelegendaryhunter0 View Post
another weird thing about the pigey caterpie/weedle thing is it looks it syphons it's level
yep. sideeffect of the glitch. it's meant to increase caterpie/weedle's level by X amount, but because of wrong index, it adds it to pidgeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiesay View Post
Unfortunately the download link is broken?
which link did you try? the website link works, but i could've forgot to update one i posted somewhere. in any case, go to website>download page>latest version.

Quote:
in the scene with the league of professors elm says actuall hypervisor
it should be actual [check]
and when you meet silver for the third time he says he has two bades instead of badges[check]
also my nidoran female turned into a nidorino[fixd]
when i try to use the 2nd gen pokedex the screen goes black[fixing]
also there two moments when charater say amplus city instead of mangus city one being with the league of professors
randomly my charater moved really slow
thanks for the reports. For the character moving slow... can you expand upon that? was it just for a second (like a framerate dip?) or did it stay moving slow. Cause i did have a glitch when i was testing, where after healing at pokecenter, my character was slow as all hell- i thought i might've fixed it, because i couldn't replicate it. but if it does happen, talk to the pokecenter UI again, and exiting should fix it.

Also, stomping out the old area names is one thing that i have to place high on the list of buggular importance (amplus -> Magnus, Mt Sitor -> Mt Atlas) so if you find anymore instances where the old names are used please post

Quote:
i'm trying to get geodude right now but a rock is in my way and i can't get rid of it
Yep. you're right. that definetly shouldn't be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
How exactly are you supposed to add your save file from 7.1 to 7.2?
Just copy your save files from the previous version folder, and paste them in the 0.72 folder.

Quote:
I'd also like to say I fought the currupted weedle, it said i obtained pidgey and showed a pic of caterpie when i named it, i had pidgey in my party and evidently had weedle in my PC silently and didnt notice until i tried to make a shiny pokemon as I had found one and scanned it and am wondering if you removed that feature :c
Not really removed, moreso that it's not been fully coded up, so isn't in this version. Thought since shiny pokemon are rare, and you need a fully evolved pokemon to "shinify" time would be better used concetrating on other coding tasks. But it's going to return in a future version, don't you worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
No work tomorrow, and currently having a stormy weather, so internet back home's crappy as heck.
This will be a gem of entertainment for me. :3

THANK YOU!!! :D

edit...
by the way, the ‘Media’ page in your site seems to be non-existent. =/
thanks, hope you enjoy.
Media page is not up yet indeed. Im trying to record gameplay of the first chapter, but my computer is not having a bar of it. Ill get it up eventually though.

Quote:
mini-heart attack...can it be true!?! at this hour!?! are you trying to kill me...well I know what I'm doing all day tomorrow

on a serious note congrats on the update and I cannot possibly wait to try this
Lol. it was only like 4pm when i released it. granted, that was NZ time XD

Quote:
btw after the first meeting with m i got transported to lake ros and was near the 4th gym
Unfortante glitch. and one more the more "gamebreaky" glitches. your best bet would be to go to ferreus city and buy a house to warp back to previous sections of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChalice View Post
Same here. Beedrill devolved to weedle and showed a pic of caterpie (with the name weedle) and then became a pidgey (named pidgey).

And I just discovered a weedle in my PC... I haven't beaten the first gym yet so will I still get the Corrupted Pidgey that spawned?
Yeah, basically what happened is defeating the weedle, means the game records that you've got a weedle. BUT. it stupidly tries adding a pidgey to your team.

You can still fight the corrupted pidgey to officially obtain a pidgey that you can freely deposit and withdraw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowleeSP View Post
So i got beat the Academy challenge and decided to stop there for today. I have wrote down some spelling errors i have encountered so far, to help with any polishing.

In the scene where Oak gives you Eevee: "Plus, you did save Eevee from thoes goons." It should be 'those'. And "Take care of Eevee, give it ample oppotinuity to grow." It should be 'opportunity'

The sign in Aurum Town says "-Town of precious beginings." It should be 'beginnings'. The Trainer Tip sign behind also says "suspicous", should be 'suspicious'.

The man that gives you the Picnic Basket sidequest says "Like I said, my picnic basket at home, It's the house on the east side of Ventus City." It should be 'my picnic basket's at home' or 'is at home'.

When you defeat the 2nd trainer in the Academy: "Under normal circumstances, if you loose in battle, you'll lose a quater of all your money." "loose"='lose' and "quater"='quarter'

When you defeat the Body Keeper: "You're a better trainer than I intially expected." "intially"='initially'

The Academy Master after getting your free Pokemon: "I suggest you try conquer the Pokemon League." "conquer"='conquering'
"You should try get all the Gym Badges." "try"='try to'

I haven't encountered any bugs so far, I'll be writing up more once i start it up again later, hope this helps. Awesome game btw.
Thank you I've fixed up my spelling grammar a lot, but it's far from perfect. these spelling reports go a long way to making the game appear more professional, since I know a LOT of people find spelling errors offputting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thessbmzocker View Post
uh :3 new beta....I'll check that one out as soon as I'm home can't wait
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
The Caterpie is very messed up. I also wanted to report 2 more things I found. The mountain next to Brevis. The eastern exit leads to a place you aren't meant to reach until you have 3 badges and I came there with one. There is no way back. Also, the first time you meet M, there are 2 copies of her and if you talk to the wrong one you get stuck.
Lots of people are experiencding the pidgey glitch it appears. The Mt Atlas glitch is an awful one, and psudeo gamebreaking.
Thanks for reporting the M one as that is 100% gamebreaking.-> This should be a good note to tell everybody to use multiple saves. and saving often would help too.

-----

Thanks everybody, for the glitch/grammar reports so far, they are vital to the development and polish of the game. I'll be releasing a patch (and updating the download with the patch pre-applied) that will fix any glitches metioned so far. Might wait til the end of the week to release it, or might just post it up tonight. not sure.

If you are lurking, and don't want to post, or dont have a pokecommunity account, you can post comments and glitches on the SPEE facebook page- I check that quite often too. Though PC is still the best way to post, as the layout is not all screwed up.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; August 20th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here