• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Did You Ever Get Emotional in Mystery Dungeon?

pLaster

musketeer
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
I almost got emotional uhh, in Time/Darkness when your partner is practically tripping back to the Rainbow Stoneship telling themselves they just have to make it home alive because you just disappeared in the space-time continuum.

Then I remembered how much I hated everyone, and I didn't.

Haven't played Sky, but I read a synopsis of the fifth episode (where Dusknoir and Grovyle team up) and that seemed pretty emotional as well.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
The endings to the Mystery Dungeon games made me cry. In fact, whenever I played any of the Mystery Dungeon games, my parents would refer to it as the, "Game that made you cry." The ending to PMD Red/Blue made me sniffle at the end, and in Time/Dark/Sky, I managed to hold it together until the credits rolled. Then I nearly started sobbing.

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
When I started fading away in PMD Blue Rescue Team and my partner was screaming my name I didn't think my heart would be able to take it ;_; I was crying so hard! And of course, I cried more when I came back to him. That game had a LOT of unexpected feelings.

I had the same! At first I really thought it was all over.. And then I got to return, such a lovely feeling! I never cry at films or anything, but that ending really made me cry my eyes out!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
the scene when you and your partner run away in red rescue team made me tear up... i felt bad for them all ;_;

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
I loved the mystery dungeon games the first one where you went away wasn't that bad until you were floating away and remembering things made me cry and the game made you adore things like caterpie it was the cutest little thing in the game 2nd being cyndaquil which i picked for both my partners in 1 and 2 the face he made when he cried in both made me cry as well especially in two whee you were leaving and he was walking away by himself

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Only played red and blue rescue team, but the ending of the main game always had me in tears. When your charater has to leave and all of the pokemon are practically crying always sets me off.

Still playing red rescue team on my gba emulator and am coming close to the end again. On the save point in the sky tower.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2020
Yes, I cried at least twice during explorers of time. It was my first ever Pokemon game. I actually named my username for my Treecko named Leafa in explorers of time.

Years
Explorers of Time was the first game I had ever played that made me get emotional. I beat it when I woke up at three o' clock at the morning and couldn't fall back asleep, so I decided to play it.
My mom thought I had had a horrible nightmare when she heard me sobbing. I had already cried when Grovyle pushed Dusknoir back into the portal. But it was only a prelude of what was to come. The MC speaks for the one and only time in the series, and you tell your partner to live on and share your story so this never happens again as you are about to vanish...
Then, when Dialga grants your partner's wish and you come back... Tears of joy.

I hope X and Y improve on the story and go in the direction of PMD. Not the whole 'I'm a Pokemon' part, but the time travel of the Explorers series, running from the law trying to prove your innocence in Rescue Team and the tear jerking ending would make an amazing main series game.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
I got a little emotional in Red Rescue Team after I got kicked out of the town. There were other sad moments but that is the one I vividly remember. The music didn't help matters either. Man just thinking about it takes me back to good times. PMD is the only game to somewhat hit me on an emotional level.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Ah, hell ya, man.

I was bawling my eyes out at the event in PMD2 were Shiny Celebi and Grovyle were disappearing together.
I'm m-manly enough to admit I was c-crying. Sh, shush.
Even at the end of PMD2 where you
Spoiler:

I was really touched by the ending of PMD1 and when
Spoiler:
in Gates to Infinity.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
pokemon red rescue... when I completed the first playthrough of it I think I was crying and I yelled at my GBA to let me stay with them... O_O

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I did not get emotional,
or my face didn't show it.
Though my heart ached during the finale events of PMD one and two.

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
Years
I don't think it's possible to not get emotional in any of the PMDs. ; A; But I think the one that hurt my soul the most was the fifth special episode in Sky. I keep tons of reviver seeds just so I can replay that as many times as I want.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
For those who have played the mystery dungeon series, most would say its an enjoyable series. Even tho I haven't played every single pokemon spin-off first hand, the PMD series is and will most likely always be my favorite pokemon spin-offs. But my question is; Have you ever reached a point in the game where you were struck emotionally, even a tiny bit? I have, and i'm not ashamed to say, that I've cried(like really, really badly) at certain scenes in all three games i've played so far.

Dude, Seriously if you cried over a video game you need emotional help.
There were some sad parts of Red Rescue Team. But never to the point of crying.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
I cried at PMD: Gates to Infinity's ending. That was ONE horrible ending, I tell you.
When my main character had to leave the Pokémon World, and go back to being a human, I couldn't help but tear up. It got worse when he/she got the messages from all its friends in the Pokémon world, including the partner. That made my heart ache. ):

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
I never really finished any one And I really got emotional after i beat raquaza Since you go away But atleast you come back

Back