• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Ambient

Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?

• Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning.

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SereneAmbience

Founder of Pokémon Ambient
Years
After this game is finished will you be adding 6th gen or you probably are going to finish it after the release of x and y so you might add them? And how are you going to implement pokemon following you will you allow multiple pokemon to follow you? Also if you are replacing hm's how will you surf? With a boat? But can surf still be move pokemon can learn since its one of the most powerful water pokemon moves next to hydro pump and hydro cannon and will you be able to catch starter pokemon because that is a big concern for me personally since I like to usually have charizad and blastoise on my team
IDEA: for the poke pad there could be a app where it's like a repel or something where you can see what pokemon you can encounter in a route and change the rate of finding them but you can never put one pokemon past 30% intel you beat the elite 4
Will you be able to fight red and ash and will you go off of ash's most powerful team or will yu go on his current team and will you change how strong pokemon are and last question I promise will this game have smart rivals like they switch out ,use potions, even some revive there pokemon because I like a challenge :)
Wow. This was a challenge.
-I won't be implementing generation six Pokémon as of now. My original plan was to join a few, but I am going to postpone this idea.
-Only one Pokémon will be able to follow you at a time. I am starting to create a bar that is similar to PokeMMOs, where you drag which Pokémon you want to follow you to the screen.
-I am not replacing HMs, simply adding tools that will work the same. HMs will still be available, such as Surf.
-YES! I have always loved the idea of starter Pokémon in the wild.
-Red will be featured in the Pokémon World Tournament. Ash Ketchum will be featured as well. I haven't decided on what team will be used, but I assure you, you won't be disappointed.
-The opposite-gender rival will of course use different strategies depending on the gender: switching, items, strategy moves (RainDance + Thunder, Defense Curl + Rollout, etc), and use a variety of Pokémon. Zachary Woods, the secondary rival, will start weak, but will become a Pregymleader and a great challenge. He will indeed switch, recover + revive, use strategy moves, and have a higher AI.

I like your ideas for the PokéPad. I will put them into consideration when I start coding more apps! =)

Years
Will you introduce a 2nd installment or update for the pokemon like shadow lugia even pouplare fakemon like poison,dragon,steel,rock,ground type eeveeloutions or anything else you didn't add personally ambient should have 3+ pokemon types for pokemon such as arceus I mean he's the god of pokemon also more then four moves would be cool and I have another Idea maybe ditto can transform into pokemon that you have in your pokedex and you can get pokemons full pokedex entries by beating the pokemon instead of catching them all also I have a idea for a event pokemon once you beat all the leagues and obtain all the pokemon and raise them all to level 100 you talk to prof.oak and he checks your dex and then he says I have a special pokemon for you but you first must beat the world champion of every region - Red,gold,emerald,platinum,black then once you do you obtain a pikachu but its not your regular old pikachu no it's a pikachu that can change types at will and when ever you use it you get another button next to battle run and bag whenever your in battle where you can change its type and also if you have a special elemental kings rock you get from beating certain legendarys you could change it to king form a form where it every element at once and his ultimate moves and its has only normal type moves like quick attack,tackle,hyper beam, etc but those moves are every signal type and it would have a suuuuupppppeeeerrrrr cooooolllllll
Animation and they can o e hit k.o a whole team of 6+ pokemon but then you'll still do quests and on the quests you can't use it and also since your adding 3other regions when you go to another region you start fresh. I not asking for all this to be in the current game but if you do make a 2nd one these are some of my ideas I know some or hard to code and all that but this is some stuff I hope you keep in mind :D

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
Oh wow....
Well.. let me get started on this huge amount of questions..

1. I will release the game in a few betas, but they won't update or hold previous data. You will have to restart after each beta. I only plan to have three betas, then the final release will be given out.
2. No I won't be implementing fakemon until I finish the game and I feel it is needed for the success of the plot/content.
3. 3 types has been ruled out because of its insanity, how difficult it would be to carry out, and how unneeded it is to fix small issues.
4. Why more than four moves? That wouldn't advance the game at all. I feel that four moves is a classic detail of a fanmade game.
5. The whole Ditto thing you said... why? The power to transform into any sighting in your PokeDex would be so... I will have to disagree and say no.
6. Gaining Dex entries will be as normal, you must find and catch each Pokémon.
7. Animations will be in the game, yes. For moves, trainers, and etc.
8. You can only hold six Pokémon at a time. If it's not broke, why fix it?
9. The access of other regions will be implemented last, after the Serene region is perfected. I haven't decided how the "fresh start" idea will work, but I will figure it out later at that point.

Most of what you suggest wouldn't just be hard to code, but too massive on a large-scale. Think smaller ideas and less broad. I have already thought of these things, so please don't suggest simple ideas.

I have a idea for a event pokemon once you beat all the leagues and obtain all the pokemon and raise them all to level 100 you talk to prof.oak and he checks your dex and then he says I have a special pokemon for you but you first must beat the world champion of every region - Red,gold,emerald,platinum,black then once you do you obtain a pikachu but its not your regular old pikachu no it's a pikachu that can change types at will and when ever you use it you get another button next to battle run and bag whenever your in battle where you can change its type and also if you have a special elemental kings rock you get from beating certain legendarys you could change it to king form a form where it every element at once and his ultimate moves and its has only normal type moves like quick attack,tackle,hyper beam, etc but those moves are every signal type and it would have a suuuuupppppeeeerrrrr cooooolllllll
No. Just no. I am going to have to disagree again and say this is practically spam. Suggest practical ideas that are unique and haven't been already thought of. Also before posting on this thread, please check your grammar or use THIS LINK before posting.

ZealithSeribii

The Zealith
Years
Wow. This was a challenge.
-I won't be implementing generation six Pokémon as of now. My original plan was to join a few, but I am going to postpone this idea.
-Only one Pokémon will be able to follow you at a time. I am starting to create a bar that is similar to PokeMMOs, where you drag which Pokémon you want to follow you to the screen.
-I am not replacing HMs, simply adding tools that will work the same. HMs will still be available, such as Surf.
-YES! I have always loved the idea of starter Pokémon in the wild.
-Red will be featured in the Pokémon World Tournament. Ash Ketchum will be featured as well. I haven't decided on what team will be used, but I assure you, you won't be disappointed.
-The opposite-gender rival will of course use different strategies depending on the gender: switching, items, strategy moves (RainDance + Thunder, Defense Curl + Rollout, etc), and use a variety of Pokémon. Zachary Woods, the secondary rival, will start weak, but will become a Pregymleader and a great challenge. He will indeed switch, recover + revive, use strategy moves, and have a higher AI.

I like your ideas for the PokéPad. I will put them into consideration when I start coding more apps! =)
Well. I missed a lot while I was on my roadtrip. All I have to say as of now is... PokeMMO is awesome. And that I'm still not done reading all the posts that I missed. -_-

SereneAmbience

Years
A Berry system will be in Ambient, but it will be exactly the same as Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. It will be time based and you will have to find patches to grow them. Apricorns will be featured in game, but won't be used, unless later I link the Johto region with Serene.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
berries are boring, I vote you have fruit, like mangos and coconuts and other tropical fruits that are native to this region, and then you can mush them into a poké smoothie and stuff, and accent the whole "tropical" sense of your game

SereneAmbience

Years
berries are boring, I vote you have fruit, like mangos and coconuts and other tropical fruits that are native to this region, and then you can mush them into a poké smoothie and stuff, and accent the whole "tropical" sense of your game

O.o

Saving Raven wins! I think your idea is so much better! I mean, I will still put berries into the game, but I like the idea of growing actual fruits and things along those lines. Like how Mystery Dungeon has bananas and apples. Mango, pineapple, kiwi, avocado, coconuts, etc!!!! =)

The fruit system and smoothie system will be on my next agenda! Thanks, Rav!
PS: Why didn't I think of this? You're a genius!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
badass_zpsf9fd996d.png
Woot, I won - I was thinking to myself the whole time (oh no he's gunna hate it, its a stupid idea, he's gunna say it's spam D: )
lol, I'm glad you like it, its a pretty cool idea :P

Error.exe

Turtwig Lover
Years
Will there be Pokemon contests?

I have thought up of brand new ideas

-Maybe attacks such as tackle can be used on trees to bring down Pokemon hiding in a tree.

-A move called glide where you can glide across land. Moves a bit faster than a bike. Flying types or Pokemon with the ability levitate can use it.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
While I like the idea of adding more variety of moves to be used on things, such as slash, night slash, OR cut - I think it should still be a little harder to obtain the move, as well as make sense strength wise - almost every pokemon learns tackle and it iosnt very strong - it would be about the same as the player himself charging at the tree, which is just weird, and wouldn't shake many pokemon from a tree

If you were to add more moves for, let's say headbutt, I'd say skull bash, head charge, volt tackle, flame charge, strength, etc
and basically choose moves in that manner for other out-of-battle-moves (if you're adding such things)

-of course this is just my opinion, you can do w/e you want, bro :P

SereneAmbience

Years
Will there be Pokémon contests?

I have thought up of brand new ideas

-Maybe attacks such as tackle can be used on trees to bring down Pokémon hiding in a tree.

-A move called glide where you can glide across land. Moves a bit faster than a bike. Flying types or Pokémon with the ability levitate can use it.
-I am gonna have to go with SR on this one. Moves like Tackle, Take Down, etc are easy to get. I will have a "headbutt" tree kind of engagement in this game. I don't really want a tool to replace something like this, because you wouldn't use a ram or have the player collide with a tree/bush.

-Glide.... Interesting. I have created a permanent ability called Glider, which is for Gligar/Giscor/Emolga/etc to receive FlyingSTAB + not be hit by Ground-type moves.

Teh ideas
-a move group called mysterious. it would mainly focus on ??? types
-explosion types?
-Like... a ???-type? or.... what exactly? I also don't see what you mean by move group.

-Hey! I always thought moves like Selfdestruct and Explosion caused the user to burst into flames, so in Ambient they are Fire-type moves.

SereneAmbience

Years
Update on my progress. I am uploading all my beta maps that are in RBYG tile format. This will reveal the shape and design of each map, hopefully some of the other mappers can assist me in updating each map with newer tiles and some new additions. =) Let me know what you think about the maps though, because I want them to please the players as well as myself. Check out the Deviant Art + Facebook for those images. They are in the links in my signature.

Also updated the format of the first post to look more attractive, as well as my Twitter. The Serene map also has been changed to the landscape version, which I believe to be much more appealing.

Crimson Hunter

Pichu lover <3
Years
Will u follow the lore of the anime like crystal onix, or real problems like people trying to scam you with magic karp and feebas or pickpocket you or different environments where poke centers and poke marts are cabins with snow around them and fire places something to make you a little more cautious while you try to get to the elite four and for crystal onix can you try to make crystal or diamond type that's weak to fire,sound and ice also it said in some pokedex entries as onix age they become as hard as diamond but they look a very dark shiny black so maybe on of the elite for who is rock type can be an old man with a onix that he had since he was a baby also I have a question will you make it so that once you choose your starter your rival sees you but than forgets who you choose so he chooses the pokemon that you are strong against just because even though its not broke why not change it up?

SereneAmbience

Years
Will u follow the lore of the anime like crystal onix, or real problems like people trying to scam you with magic karp and feebas or pickpocket you or different environments where poke centers and poke marts are cabins with snow around them and fire places something to make you a little more cautious while you try to get to the elite four and for crystal onix can you try to make crystal or diamond type that's weak to fire,sound and ice also it said in some pokedex entries as onix age they become as hard as diamond but they look a very dark shiny black so maybe on of the elite for who is rock type can be an old man with a onix that he had since he was a baby also I have a question will you make it so that once you choose your starter your rival sees you but than forgets who you choose so he chooses the pokemon that you are strong against just because even though its not broke why not change it up?
-I have thought about the Crystal Onix concept excessively. It's an easy idea to just create Crystal-type or Diamond-type or maybe Glass-type, but I find that it is unnecessary. The main reason is there isn't very many other Pokémon that would fit this type description. Well... maybe Sableye, but I like his Dark-type/Ghost-type combos. It would be silly to create a type for just one Pokémon, if you see what I mean.
-Pokémon Ambient is based on a realistic revolution plot structure. I won't be incorporating pick-pocking or theft, besides the real move used to steal items. Different environments: uh..yeah. Serene is a based on a set of tropical islands, so the environments will all look vastly different. With the warmer climate, you won't find a location in Serene to be snowed in.
-I like the idea of the Magikarp salesman. He always brought a smile to my face for his expensive demeanor.
-About the rival example, if you read the descriptions on any sites but check the official Google site. Zachary Woods already has a Pokémon before you pick your starter. I felt that would be a great way of changing the controversial "rival picking the weaker starter" idea.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
if you're thinking of crystal/diamond types, why not some ice type pokemon? like glalie or cryogonal? or those icecream pokemon haha

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
An ability and for a single pokemon however is pretty reasonable. Give it a new ability like, Crystal Guard: Attacks from and blows taken by this pokemon are always at Normal effectiveness, and have Onix take a new from if it has said abillity for the crystal sprite.

SereneAmbience

Years
if you're thinking of crystal/diamond types, why not some ice type pokemon? like glalie or cryogonal? or those icecream pokemon haha
Don't worry about Ice-types, SR. =) They will all be there as I said before. I am currently creating a new location where you can capture them all!

An ability and for a single pokemon however is pretty reasonable. Give it a new ability like, Crystal Guard: Attacks from and blows taken by this pokemon are always at Normal effectiveness, and have Onix take a new from if it has said abillity for the crystal sprite.
I like this idea. I could easily create a "crystal-form" Onix or such. An ability would be much easier. It wouldn't be that difficult as well, since I have already been implementing so many forms for the Serene adaptations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back