The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Naikado

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
I bought mine for Pokemon, and also because there are other cool games out there. I'd say it's probably gonna be worth it, especially considering future games will be made for 3DS but I'm not expecting too much of a future for the now-outdated DS.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I would not buy a DS, if I were you. You'll miss out on a lot of the community part of the game, if you play an old version of pokemon (which may have some wifi features like random wifi matches disabled) as opposed to a newer version.
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:17 AM
HappyGaylord

Since future Pokémon games will most likely be made for the 3ds(or future handheld consoles) I think we will get at least 3 Pokémon games for the 3ds.(Not including games such as Pokémon conquest and such). I think the 3ds will be a good investment if you're intrested in future Pokémon games. : )
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:07 PM
toxictwinkie
Mini moose will rule you all

Originally Posted by HappyGaylord View Post
Since future Pokémon games will most likely be made for the 3ds(or future handheld consoles) I think we will get at least 3 Pokémon games for the 3ds.(Not including games such as Pokémon conquest and such). I think the 3ds will be a good investment if you're intrested in future Pokémon games. : )
This sums it up perfectly. Also, there are other great games to play too, like Luigi Mansion, Mario and Luigi Dream Team and soon Super Smash Bros C:
Old August 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM
ImBlue
dabbadeedabadai

Nature: Quiet
I hope so.

It's the only reason I bought one after all.
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Richiegigas

I literally 3 days ago just bought my 3DS XL for $150. Don't have a single game for it but I can't put it down. The whole home screen and apps they've added to this gen of handheld makes it enjoyable. I've downloaded some demos from the eShop. Including the mystery dungeons demo (it's pretty fun). I am actually about to go out and get the new Animal Crossing. Long story short, I went out to buy the 3DS to get ready for X and Y and I'm having more fun than expected in the meantime.
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:17 AM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
I think it is worth it. I just bought a 3DS 2 days ago in anticipation of Pokemon X/Y. The last Pokemon game I bought was Diamond like 6 years ago now. Black and White was way to underwhelming for me to get back into Pokemon, but X and Y looks like a keeper. I mean with every new trailer it keeps looking better and better.

Also there are plenty 3ds games, both released and upcoming, that are good titles. Either way it wouldn't be a waste.

My Friend Safari contains: Dunsparce, Audino, and Imposter Ditto.
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Well there are a lot of good games in 3DS other than Pokemon, but X/Y is obviously a system seller as many are considering buying 3DS just for Pokemon. It's your call I guess.
Old August 15th, 2013, 01:51 PM
mltowler

Well I did it! I bought a 3DS, not an XL, I like the compact original that actually fits in my pocket nicely Like the good old gameboy color!!
It's midnight purple... that was the only color available in the store, its nice shade, I can rock it hahaha anyway.... Im off to preorder the new pokemon game..... just... X or Y....
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
This thread is kind of becoming a general 3DS thread, which doesn't really fit in with X/Y, so I'm going to close it. However, if you want to talk specifically about this game being worth it to buy a 3DS, perhaps discuss how good you'll think it be and how worth the purchase it would be in the X/Y Opinions thread!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here