• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan ?

Years
If you talk in terms of Attack power or batting spirit than Hitmonlee is definitely the man... But Hitmonchan could win as it knows variety of Attacks like Elemental Punches..

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
no question about it hitmonlee is the better choice i mean he has the BEST attack out of the 3 and looks freaking amazing!

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I'd choose hitmonlee because its stronger better hits and better moves than hitmochan And my favorite type of fighting pokemon of all types

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
I think i always would choose Hitmonchan, because of the elemental punches, but i almost never used them by the time i got them, so it was pointless anyways.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hitmonchan is good for breeding purposes, and it's the only one out of the two that can learn the elemental punches. Hitmonlee, on the other hand, has a great movepool and better stats. To be honest, I don't really care about the elemental punches. I'm not the type of person who likes to breed, either. Due to these reasons, I decided to go with Hitmonlee. This Pokémon ended up helping a lot throughout the game, especially when battling against the Elite Four. n_n

Years
I always loved that Hitmonchan could learn all of the elemental punches, so it was always my favorite of the two (and now three). I also thought that Hitmonlee was a little creepy as a kid having no mouth or nose, so I probably wouldn't have picked it even if it were twice as powerful as Hitmonchan.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
When I was young I was all about offence so I chose Hitmonlee. Originally I thought Hitmonchan was more offensive but looks can be deceiving. But if I were to replay the game I'd choose Hitmonchan because its all about balance man. All about having a good offence, but a better defence.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
When i was younger and didnt understand too much about pokemon i would chose hitmonchan in FRLG because of the elemental punches

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I like Hitmonlee better because I always found kicking attacks more interesting and powerful than Hitmonchan. It also, in gen 3, had a much better moveset and learns Hi Jump Kick early at level 26. Those elemental punches may sound cool, but in pre-physical-special split land Hitmonchan's pitiful 35 base Sp. Attack makes them a novelty.

Years
I've always chosen Hitmonchan in all of my games thus far. The wide array of punching moves that it could learn lead me to pick it over it's kicking counterpart. I'm also not a fan of how Hitmonlee looks so it was an easy choice for me.

Years
I remember distinctly choosing hitmochan when i first play LeafGreen, but looking back on it, hitmonlee was pretty sweet too. Does anyone remember that one episode in the anime with that one guy training a hitmochan?

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
My battle strategy is typically more offensive-based so Hitmonlee suits me much better. I also think Hitmonlee has better speed stats, which works better with my battling style.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I have two Firered, so in my first and main I chose Hitmonchan who I prefer. And in my second I got Hitmonlee to trade to my main for my Pokedex :P

Bidoof FTW23232

Bidoof FTW/Golgari's Alt
Years
I always had trouble picking either (both were great) so if you need fighting type moves desperately, Hitmonlee, if you need a sweeper or something with lots of variety choose Hitmonchan, then just BREED BREED BREED until you get all three :D

Back