Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page [Question] Followers walkng strange

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old August 12th, 2013 (01:51 PM).
Rhayne

Hello!
I've dawgaged ta make a few scripts, and I've been dong well usng switches etc. However, I've tried makng an event where I can decide as ta whethar I want an npc ta follow me (I'm hopng ta ncorporate a system where playas choices and actions wit npcs will effect certan aspects of tha gbee).

Now, after speakng ta an npc I've buggine it so you have a choice between tham accompanyng you or not. If you sez no, tha npc will than walk away and disappear, that is workng fne. Tha problem I'm havng is after sezng yes, tha npc will start ta follow you, but tha animation isn't workng correctly. Thay follow yo character fne, but thay move only usng one leg. Does anyone have any idea as ta how I can make it so thay walk normally behnd mah character?

Thanks.
Old August 13th, 2013 (04:36 AM).
thor348
That's Oak to You

Nature: Calm
I just need ta sez that I didn't expect tha "one leg" part and it buggine me grn. Anyways, have you checked tha sprite sheet of tha follower? As n, is tha sprite only drawn ta walk wit one leg?
Old August 13th, 2013 (09:19 AM).
Rhayne

Haha I didn't know how else ta describe it, anyway I guess that's mah good deed of tha day done than. And yeah, I've checked tha sprite sheet and it's been drawn ta walk wit both. Thare is 4 sprites ta each direction. Staod still, left leg foward, staod still and right leg foward.
Old August 13th, 2013 (09:40 PM).
thor348
That's Oak to You

Nature: Calm
Have you edited tha DependentEvents script section at all? Which version of Essentials is you usng? Did you use tha given exbeple of addng a dependent event ta follow tha player? (Dis would be brendan)
Old August 14th, 2013 (02:24 AM).
Rhayne

No, not yet anyway. I was plannng on dong tha basics first and makng it look pretty after I had tha base gbee completed haha. I'm usng tha latest version, and I applied tha updates ta it tao, I used tha exbeple that was found on tha wiki. Maybe that was fo an older version?
Old August 14th, 2013 (09:55 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Dependent events n Essentials behave like that, so it's not somethng that Rhayne's done.
Old August 14th, 2013 (11:16 PM).
Rhayne

Ahh I see. I'm assumng dependant events will only use tha first two sprites of each direction when walkng? If that's right, I could change tha order on tha sprites of tha sprite sheet, but that would make tha dependant event look like it's perdawgently walkng? A bit like tha Pokemon n tha Pokemon follow script? If that's tha case, would it than be possible ta give a dependant event a separate sprite fo when it isn't movng? Thanks fo all tha replies by tha way haha.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links