The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:49 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Now that the games are nearing release, it's been announced that there will be a playable demo this upcoming weekend in Japan on the 17th and 18th, the 20th and 21st, the 24th and 25th, and the 31st and the 1st of September. There will even be a demo in Gamescom over in Germany next week. Who knows if this will be the same demo, and that it's just spread across more areas as time goes on, but I think it's a good time to speculate what the demo will present.

It's been stated that the demo will focus upon Mega Evolution, but like all Pokemon demos, more things will be discovered than just more Mega evolutions. In Black/White's demo, there have been newer Pokemon discovered, as with Diamond/Pearl's demo.

What do you think the demo will showcase? Obviously mega evolutions, but perhaps new ones? What about new Pokemon? New evolutions that aren't mega? Perhaps new areas? Anything else relevant?

I'll update the thread and this post when the demo comes, and if there's anything relevant that is shown.
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'm hoping to see new areas, new Pokémon and new Mega evolutions, they're the three main aspects of the game I'm expecting to hear about.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Richiegigas

Will this be a downloadable demo through the 3DS eShop for Japan? And will it hit the US?
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:34 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiegigas View Post
Will this be a downloadable demo through the 3DS eShop for Japan? And will it hit the US?
From what I've heard, the upcoming demo this week will be at a Pokemon Game Show in Japan. As for the releases after, it's said to be located in the Aeon Malls in various parts of Japan. Nothing has been said for the US, but I'm sure we will be getting one. We got one a month prior to the English release of Black/White.
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
I hope the demo gives the player an opportunity to see what the starter evolutions look like. (Just the 2nd stage)
Other then that I have no idea what to expect. Never been around this forum or leak sites to see these demos in action in prior gens.

My Friend Safari contains: Dunsparce, Audino, and Imposter Ditto.
Old August 15th, 2013, 02:28 PM
ballin'Blissey

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to ballin'Blissey
Someone should try to catch a Fairy type and find out what its weaknesses are/aren't by allowing different type attacks to hit it in battle (you shouldn't aim to win the wild battles just get hit by as many different type of moves as possible).
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
MarquisPhantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin'Blissey View Post
Someone should try to catch a Fairy type and find out what its weaknesses are/aren't by allowing different type attacks to hit it in battle (you shouldn't aim to win the wild battles just get hit by as many different type of moves as possible).
This is pretty unnecessary considering we will be getting a type chart in September and we most likely won't have access to every single type in the demos.
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyahn View Post
I hope the demo gives the player an opportunity to see what the starter evolutions look like. (Just the 2nd stage)
Other then that I have no idea what to expect. Never been around this forum or leak sites to see these demos in action in prior gens.
Me too. I'm hoping that the demo can go on that long for one to evolve them.
Old August 15th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Yeah, we're getting the full Fairy type chart in next month's issue of CoroCoro which will be about 11/12/13th September. As for the Demo I think there will be only restricted gameplay in which players can use specific Mega Evolution Pokémon to battle and that's pretty much all there will be available to do.

Old August 15th, 2013, 03:56 PM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

What I imagine will happen is that if they do plan on giving us a random starter like in the B/W demo, it will be at a ridiculously high level, to the point where we can't level it up, no matter how quickly we grind in the grass. Normally these demos have a set time limit, so there's that predicament.

It would be nice to get a small insight on Fairy-type's weaknesses/strengths. I know I can wait until September for the full list, but a couple subtle hints wouldn't hurt. I made my own prediction of the type chart regarding Fairy over on another thread, so any chance I can get with matching my speculation with an affirmation would be appreciated.
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

To those of you whom have played through a demo in the past...

Were you able to catch other pokemon and evolve them within the constraints so we can at least see evolutions for weaker pokemon. (The regional rodent for example.)
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm definitely hoping for some new areas to be featured. Although we've seen the region map, would still don't know a lot about Kalos as a region. I'd like to see some new areas be fleshed out so we can get a better handle on the region.
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I'm definitely hoping for some new areas to be featured. Although we've seen the region map, we still don't know a lot about Kalos as a region. I'd like to see some new areas be fleshed out so we can get a better handle on the region.
Same here. I'll like to see the starting town...I don't think we even know it's name yet or do we?
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I don't think we'll get any footage. They are more strict about video surveillance this go round than they ever have been. So I doubt we'll really see any real proof.

If anything we'll get a ton of he said she said posts.

I think there may be a time limit placed on the game to allow multiple people to play it so many of them may not even get far. We may have it story locked to the point sometime after getting close to starting the first badge which really won't give us much of anything other than first route Pokemon.
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:53 AM
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I don't think we'll get any footage. They are more strict about video surveillance this go round than they ever have been. So I doubt we'll really see any real proof.

If anything we'll get a ton of he said she said posts.

I think there may be a time limit placed on the game to allow multiple people to play it so many of them may not even get far. We may have it story locked to the point sometime after getting close to starting the first badge which really won't give us much of anything other than first route Pokemon.
You're probably right about the footage. However, some reputable people will likely be at an event, such as Melkor, Hiro, a Serebii rep, ect. We might at least get some sketches as well as solid information that would hopefully dispel or corroborate the he-said-she-said posts.
Old August 16th, 2013, 01:51 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Same here. I'll like to see the starting town...I don't think we even know it's name yet or do we?
Um, Magma, the starting town is Vaniville...it's been up on the official site for months now.

Also, I believe Gamescom and Tokyo will have the same demo, both focusing on the Mega Pokémon.
Luckily I'm going to Gamescom, so I'll be able to see =P
And get some footage, Gamescom is the gaming convention for the public, so we'll be allowed to record footage.
(might not be be good quality though, my videocam has the quality of a potato.)

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old August 16th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Then again, I suppose a demo is a good way to reveal new aspects of the game with so limited time and sources.

Old August 16th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Lucky Japan. They always get to try things early. xD How would you be able to get your hands on these demo, though? From the eShop?

Anyway, I think that the demo will give us a chance to try out the new features, such as Mega Evolution, horde battles, sky battles, and the Pokémon-Amie. They may also use the demo to showcase a few Pokémon that hasn't been announced yet.
Old August 16th, 2013, 03:55 AM
metalhand

i really hope to see in the demos new areas in kalos region and starters second stage
Old August 16th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Um, Magma, the starting town is Vaniville...it's been up on the official site for months now.

Also, I believe Gamescom and Tokyo will have the same demo, both focusing on the Mega Pokémon.
Luckily I'm going to Gamescom, so I'll be able to see =P
And get some footage, Gamescom is the gaming convention for the public, so we'll be allowed to record footage.
(might not be be good quality though, my videocam has the quality of a potato.)
Ah thank you. Towns are one of the things I've apparently have been paying less attention to.

Tbh I only see the Demo covering the first two or three routes.
Old August 16th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
Lucky Japan. They always get to try things early. xD How would you be able to get your hands on these demo, though? From the eShop?
It wont be a downloable eShop demo, they will probably be set up in specific stores like they did with HGSS.

Old August 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM
ImBlue
dabbadeedabadai

Nature: Quiet
I'm just worried about any false information we may get. Does anyone know if this was a problem with previous demos?

Although I do hope they show sky battles or horde encounters, not that I'll get to see it. It will still be nice to know more about how those work.
Old August 16th, 2013, 10:15 AM
MarquisPhantom

I don't think we'll be getting the early routes of the game. The demo was stated to be focusing on Mega Evolution and I don't think that they will be available very early in the game. Also, it is almost inevitable that we will not see at least one new Pokémon. Chances are there will be more than one area to explore and we will see something new. They can't just block out certain Pokémon from appearing. Well, I'm pretty sure they can but it is probably unlikely.
Old August 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBlue View Post
I'm just worried about any false information we may get. Does anyone know if this was a problem with previous demos?
Kinda sorta. I remember for Black/White's demo, someone posted a screenshot of a double wild battle(which was rare in the demo, considering you needed it to be Winter to access the dark grass, and seasons were random in the demo), and within the battle was a Munna and Audino. Everyone thought Audino's design was fake, since they were rumored something differently, but Audino is still the same ol' Audino.

There is a good chance that someone will take this advantage of proclaiming things they've seen in the upcoming demo which they really didn't. I say just stick with PokeJungle when the weekend passes by, since they'll have people trying to cover as much as they can whenever they can.

Edit: To add on, I believe the demo will probably be around 10 minutes per run, to allow the player to be able to use a few mega evolutions and to explore their surroundings as they play through. Pokemon demos have never been long at all, and usually contained only one town/city and a route, so this will be relatively small I'd imagine.

Last edited by XSky RiderX; August 16th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Okay, now that we have a thread that has all of the information from the demo, I think I'll close this one up and allow the discussion to continue there!

Sponsored Links