The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:32 AM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ęℓαчиıı View Post
They're not siblings, though that would be kind of cool. She is Kevin's mother if you pick him and Anabelle's if you pick her; they take their father's last name, which differs depending on the player character chosen. If Kevin is chosen, Anabelle lives in Frostpeak Town though she is considered another rival and the same goes for Kevin.

I'll update the first post when I get a chance.

Thanks.
I used a regular brush and Photoshop.
Awesome! That means this looks like ken sugimori style without the line art brush.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:26 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppooookkkkkkk View Post
Awesome! That means this looks like ken sugimori style without the line art brush.
Don't expect to pull off a style with just a brush. Ken Sugimori's style takes time and practice; almost a year it took me to get his style right. Even now, I'm still practicing with it.

Last edited by Ęℓαчиıı; July 23rd, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:27 PM
KoolKat vs. Lucas
KoolKat Gold

This looks great! Aw man, I'm always a fire-type junkie, but I'm an even bigger cat fan... I'm gonna go for the grass starter.
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat vs. Lucas View Post
This looks great! Aw man, I'm always a fire-type junkie, but I'm an even bigger cat fan... I'm gonna go for the grass starter.
Hah, I could have sworn I replied to you... x'D
Anyways, thank you! I'm glad people seem to like Purleaf. It's good to see that it has some fans.

UPDATE
September 13, 2013

This game isn't dead, peeps!

I've just been real busy. I've been getting a lot of sprites done and working on some Gym Leader concepts. Thanks to Abnegation, the starter town as been updated and so has Springtop Town. I've been working on a few more Pokémon for the game, but I haven't finalized anything. Here are a few pictures of the updated Frostpeak and Springtop.
Spoiler:

Old September 16th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Uk0
Pokemon MASTAH!

Quote:
Hah, I could have sworn I replied to you... x'D
Anyways, thank you! I'm glad people seem to like Purleaf. It's good to see that it has some fans.

UPDATE
September 13, 2013

This game isn't dead, peeps!

I've just been real busy. I've been getting a lot of sprites done and working on some Gym Leader concepts. Thanks to Abnegation, the starter town as been updated and so has Springtop Town. I've been working on a few more Pokémon for the game, but I haven't finalized anything. Here are a few pictures of the updated Frostpeak and Springtop.
Spoiler:

Awesome! So how much percentage of the game that has finished would that be? Lovin' the progress!

Old September 25th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk0 View Post
Awesome! So how much percentage of the game that has finished would that be? Lovin' the progress!
I literally have no idea. x'D It's five in the morning and I can't even do basic math right now. I would guesstimate that it would be about, uh... maybe 6.5%?

UPDATE
September 25th, 2013

I've given Flaire her final update!

I've settled with a design I'm very happy with, so I probably won't change her anytime soon. I've given her a slightly different personality, though now she has a reason rather than just being a jerk. I'll be updating the first page soon. Anyways, here she is!

Spoiler:

Flaire D. Cinis

Height:: 5' 07"
Weight:: 121.5 lbs
Current Residence:: Springtop Town, Azelon
Hometown:: Unknown

She is a very blunt girl and often does not hesitate to speak her mind.

Though she has been many places, not much is known about her. Rumor has it that 'Flaire' is not actually her true name and it has been mentioned that she is from the icy settlement near Mt. Creation. According to Mulberry, Flaire has already been on her own Pokémon journey and she has been all over the Azelon region. During a match with Toni, the regional Champion, Flaire had lost to the point she was utterly humiliated. According to Mulberry, Flaire had been devastated to the point that she had almost given up completely, though she had become very bitter as a result. Finally, she had been convinced to give it one more shot but this time... she had some competition. She wishes to become a Fire-type Master and the Champion of the Azelon region. While she does primarily train Fire-typed Pokémon, she does have a few aces up her sleeve.

Flaire can be a bit of a hypocrite at times, saying she doesn't like people who judge others while she does it the second she meets Kevin or Annabelle. She has a fierce rivalry with Annabelle, since she has a distaste for her southern accent, but she doesn't seem to mind Kevin at all. Flaire meets up with Kevin and Annabelle throughout their journey and often challenges them to see how 'weak' they are.

Though she is quite a snob, towards the end of her own journey, she seems to lighten up a bit and even grows to see Kevin and Annabelle as serious Pokémon Trainers who have gotten stronger over time. It seems that she has feelings for a certain Gym Leader, too.

Old September 30th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Wow! Loving the drawing of Flaire, did you draw it?

...A call to arms, soldier...

Last edited by Varion Bluefire; September 30th, 2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: I did not spell her name wrong?!
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Wow! Loving the drawing of Flaire, did you draw it?
I wish I could draw humans that good. ; I ordered it as a sketch commission. I inked and colored it, though.
Old October 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity

Quote:
I wish I could draw humans that good. ; I ordered it as a sketch commission. I inked and colored it, though.
Hands are the worst! When I draw hands it tend to look more like sausages.
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old October 6th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingzags View Post
Hands are the worst! When I draw hands it tend to look more like sausages.
Ugh, I know! Hands are my weak point and if given the chance, I usually try to hide them. :s Mine always end up looking like baby hands or a stump with twigs growing out.
Old October 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
kidpaddle45

Nature: Modest
This looks outstanding!~ Keep up the great work!!
Old December 18th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

I'm BACK, you guys!
Now, with 20% more CAPS LOCK.

Yes, I've returned to dump some more finalized concepts of my region. Zircon isn't dead! I've been trying to post this comment on the thread, but I always get distracted and end up closing the window. Anyways, yeah. Zircon isn't dead and I've been been fleshing out some concept 'mon ideas and Gym Leader concepts. Plus, I've been exceptionally lazy. Lack of motivation played a key in the delays, but I forced myself to work through it. Enough of my useless ramblings, it's time to post a recently completed Fakemon line!

So, do any of you remember Coalire...?
Probably not! Since I'm soooo nice, here is the little guy.

Spoiler:

Coalire is based off of a fiery coal golem. It was one of my earlier concepts, though it has gone though quite a bit of revamping. Now, I can proudly show off the entire line! I spent about five hours alone on its final evolution, Golavem. It was the trickiest, given that lava is exceptionally hard to shade when you've never done it before. x'D

I would like to introduce you all to Coalire, Pyrone, and Golavem.

Spoiler:

Coalire evolves into Pyrone starting at Level 35 while Pyrone will evolve into Golavem when exposed to a Magma Stone.

Coalire's line focuses on attacking relentlessly; Moxie is their only ability, and as such, these Pokémon can wreck a team given enough time out. They have very high Attack and Sp. Attack but their drawbacks are the painfully obvious quadruple weakness to Water and their terribly speed stat.

= Fun Fact =

Magma Stones cannot be found on any routes or caves in the game.

Much like in Lumiose City, there is a special store in the Azelon region that sells just evolutionary stones. Not only that, they sell the regular evolutionary items. They are expensive, however. This store is located in the sixth floor of the Shopping Mall in Jager City. He sells the
the Magma Stone for 10,000 Poké Dollars. Also in the same store is a masseuses. For a modest fee, she will massage your Pokémon to increase its happiness.

Anyways, I've rambled enough!

I'd love to know what you think. Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated! Keep an eye out for more updated 'mon and other concepts~!
Old December 25th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Totodilemaster

Nature: Timid
They seems like very fluid O: !

Fying mono-type challenge :

Kanto : 1/8
Jhoto : 0/18
Hoenn : 0/8
Sinnoh : 0/8
Unova : 0/8
All : 1/50
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Shaly
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
Awesome new fakemon! Glad to see it's back! Keep it up!
Old February 22nd, 2014, 03:10 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodilemaster View Post
They seems like very fluid O: !
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaly View Post
Awesome new fakemon! Glad to see it's back! Keep it up!
Thanks a lot!
I appreciate the kind words. <3

UPDATE
February 22, 2014

Today, I bring you all character updates of Anabelle and Kevin!

I'll be posting both the Professor and the Assistant Professor soon. I know progress on this game is slow, but I'm slowly getting the sprites done for the demo. I HOPE to get an early demo out by the end of May. Regardless, here are the small updates on the characters.

Spoiler:

Anabelle Evelyn

Height:: 5' 04"
Weight:: 114.9 lbs
Current Residence:: Frostpeak Town, Azelon
Hometown:: Solaceon Town, Sinnoh

Anabelle is the female protagonist of Zircon and a secondary rival to Kevin.

She is very peppy, quite flighty, and she loves to meet both new people and Pokémon. Anabelle acts as an assistant to Mulberry, who is the Assist. Professor to the Kevin's mother, Caroline Holly. Anabelle does not go around collecting badges, instead she wanders around and captures any Pokémon that catches the interest of Mulberry. When she has some free time, she leisurely challenges the Gyms of the Azelon region.

Anabelle has a very thick southern accent and it is frequently brought up and mocked by both Kevin and Flaire. Despite their bickering, Anabelle seems to be quite fond of Kevin and does not retaliate as harshly as she does with Flaire. Anabelle will often find Kevin purposely and challenge him to Pokémon to evaluate his bonds with his Pokémon, or so she says. She and Flaire have a fierce rivalry and Anabelle gets furious when her name is brought up. Anabelle resigns on her Pokémon League challenge once she defeats Leroy, the sixth Gym Leader. The battle at Beaconbay Shore will be her final battle with Kevin. On Thursday she will be available to battle at the end of Victory Road.

EDIT: Yes, I know. Anabelle doesn't have an 'official' bag yet. I'm not sure what kind to give her, so just... bear with me.

Spoiler:

Kevin Rogers

Height:: 5' 09"
Weight:: 129.3 lbs
Current Residence:: Frostpeak Town, Azelon
Hometown::
Jubilife City, Sinnoh

Kevin is the male protagonist of Zircon and a secondary rival to Anabelle.

He is very stubborn, rude and a bit full of himself for his age. Unlike Anabelle, Kevin does not act as an assistant but instead is an advanced Pokémon Trainer. Kevin first encounters Anabelle on Route 3 after she defeats the first Gym Leader. Kevin defeats all eight Gyms before Anabelle, and often berates her due to the 'lack of effort.'

Kevin makes fun of Anabelle because of her accent, along with Flaire. He and Flaire seem to get along only when annoying the southern girl. Kevin has noticed that Anabelle is fond of him, though he plays dumb. Once Team Nemesis has set their plans in motion, Kevin battles alongside Anabelle, thwarting their plans. During the battle with the Founder, Kevin loses his starter Pokémon and isn't seen until Anabelle defeats the Champion. He can be found in Dreadfuss City, in the Pokémon Tower. After he says goodbye to his beloved partner, Kevin seems to have lightened up quite a bit and stops making fun of Anabelle. He remains in the Pokémon Tower for the remainder of Anabelle's journey, and is available to battle on Sunday nights.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:47 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Do you need an overworld spriter for them?

I'm quite good, if I do say so myself, and have a bit of free time, if you need it?
Just PM me when ya do.

...A call to arms, soldier...
Old February 22nd, 2014, 04:11 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
Do you need an overworld spriter for them?

I'm quite good, if I do say so myself, and have a bit of free time, if you need it?
Just PM me when ya do.
I most certainly do!

I've tried to do Anabelle's myself and they... well, they're garbage. :K If you'd be up for it, I would immensely appreciate it!
Old March 14th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Daeva
Y.W

Nature: Serious
This looks very promising, and I look forward to a demo!
Keep up the good work! n_n b
Old June 4th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Iamyou1234

This is very awesome!!!! I love this! When will the game come out??!!
Old June 5th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Don't revive dead threads. Don't ask for release dates. Do read the rules.

Thread closed.

Sponsored Links