The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 13th, 2013, 06:45 AM
thor348
That's Oak to You

Nature: Calm
Pokémon Johto Project
Created with Pokémon Essentials

Before you read futher, there is a blog completely dedicated to Pokémon Johto. It is referenced in the Media Spoiler as well a my Signature. Or you can visit here:
http://pokemonjohtoproject.blogspot.com/
Introduction:
Spoiler:
Welcome to Pokémon Johto! This is a recreation of the Gold, Silver and Crystal games with FR/LG graphics. It is not only a recreation, but with a bunch of new features. The basic plot is the same, meaning the trainers have the same Pokémon, the landscape and towns/cities follow the original layout (mostly), and many other reasons.

Features:
Spoiler:
It's difficult to explain all of the features. Some of them include:
  • Original 251 Pokémon are available
  • Over 650 Items
  • 6 Mini-Games
  • In-Game Hidden Secrets
  • Old School Secret Town
  • Mystery Gift
  • A Feature to receive unique Prizes if you won any online Challenges
  • *Next Beta Release will have a Global Trade Center
These are just a few! You'll have to download the BetaDemo to see them all!

Media:

Credits:
Spoiler:
All rights pertaining to Pokémon belong to:
  • Nintendo
  • GameFreak

Special Thanks:
  • Enterbrain
  • Maruno
  • Poccil
  • Flameguru
  • MiDas Mike/Emilt Konichi
  • Unknown
  • Wachunga
  • KitsuneKouta
  • xLeD
  • Harshboy
  • FL
  • Soundspawn
  • Popper
  • Evil Arms
  • Carmaniac

Alpha Testers:
  • SuzQ
  • YooYoo
  • CircleKguy
  • J

Downloads:
Spoiler:
Pokémon Johto BetaDemo Version 1.0
Old August 16th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
So it's gold and silver but in gen 3?

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
I tried it and was thoroughly unimpressed, I've seen several games such as this and thats how I compared it - as well as to the cannon game itself - such as the rival not pushing you back, that really upset me, and the fact you are holding the egg (I wanted to see if I could hatch it, but gave up) and the fact you get a kanto starter when it should be the johto ones - not to mention you dont look like kris or ethan (crystal or gold) it really makes it feel out of place
and I was upset I saw oak in the intro, but he was thomas in the game, that was weird and bothered me - I stopped playing around the time I told the police about the kid, but it also upset me that he was gary and not kamon (silver)
I also found it weird that elm was in 4th gen graphics while everything else was in 3rd gen
I just felt that overrall there was nothing that really set this game apart from the thousands of others

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Last edited by Saving Raven; August 16th, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old August 16th, 2013, 02:17 PM
thor348
That's Oak to You

Nature: Calm
I am sorry you feel that way. Here is some explanation for a few of your thoughts. I am currently in medical school and married, thus not allowing me enough time to re-sprite, re-color, etc. Therefore multiple graphics are out of place, name it-what have you. Secondly, various names are changed ie: Thomas because he is a dear friend and he wanted me to put him in the game that way. I made this game not to impress anyone else but upon the premise there of for my friends. I wasn't going to release it by any means at any point in time.
But I humbly thank you for your input as well as your time given to actually play some of it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links