The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Old August 15th, 2013 (09:51 PM).
Aslan
the pretender

How reluctant are you to try weird-sounding foods? (such as chocolate crickets or anything else like that)
Old August 15th, 2013 (09:55 PM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I will try anything! I LOVE so many foods and that is because I have been willing to take risks when going to restaurants and ordering foods that I normally wouldn't eat. I guess I wouldn't eat chocolate crickets or anything like that, but if it looks at least halfway appetizing, I will try it!

Best thread title ever, btw!

"By force of will!"
Old August 15th, 2013 (11:44 PM).
Paladin

People who are too reluctant lack any and all sense of adventure!
If you never get out of your comfort zone it will start to smother you.

v Mmn, Shrimp. . .
Old August 15th, 2013 (11:46 PM).
Insurgent

Nature: Bold
Not very! I'm a vegetarian, so I have to be pretty careful about eating things that are unfamiliar. I was at a picnic once and was eating a fruit salad someone had brought, and realized that there was shrimp in it - so really, I can't trust much of anything unless I make it myself.
Old August 16th, 2013 (02:09 AM).
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
If it's a strange animal or a strange way of preparing something then I'll try it, but I refuse to eat certain parts of animals like pig feet, any kind of intestine, or any tongues. Chances are I've eaten strange parts of animals before because they were ground up and mixed in with other parts, but I didn't think about it. I didn't look at a hot dog and go "Mmmm, pig ears", whereas I've had the chance to decline eating an actual full pig's ear.
Old August 16th, 2013 (02:35 AM).
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I am a bit adventurous but still very safe, I dislike seafood, curry/spice and spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, bleuch vegetables. Ok i'm not very adventurous at all :$ My tastes are Western and bland, I'll handle new things on a case by case basis. Frogs and crickets no, sorry Frenchmen

Another factor on whether I try food is where I'm eating, if it's at a friends place I will at least attempt to eat all of whatever i'm given out of sheer politeness, even if I'd turn my nose up at it at home.
Old August 16th, 2013 (05:46 AM).
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I'm really picky when it comes to food, so I don't eat things that I'm not familiar with or if it doesn't look appetizing. Chocolate crickets does sound tempting, though.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old August 16th, 2013 (06:07 AM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Most vegetables never seem to get my tastebuds going, probably due to how bland they taste. But I do remember I once used to hate Indian food until I eventually tried some and I love it. I even remember when I used to hate spinach, and then suddenly loved it but I guess the iconic Popeye cartoons did play a part in that lol. And who ever new macaroni cheese was so yummy when I used to despise the meal myself.
Old August 16th, 2013 (07:17 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I have a problem with texture of food so I will not eat anything outside certain foods.
Old August 16th, 2013 (08:04 AM).
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis talli View Post
I have a problem with texture of food so I will not eat anything outside certain foods.
^ That. If something feels weird, I will not eat it. That goes for how something looks or smells, too.

Old August 16th, 2013 (09:12 AM).
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I have to avoid some food because of allergies, but otherwise I don't care that much. Apparently my father actually got me to eat chicken hearts when I was a kid. I:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old August 16th, 2013 (09:24 AM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
Did you say... chocolate... crick-

eek

I only try new, weird food if I at least almost know what's in it :p Not a very exotic eater, I'm not, no. I would never eat a bug. It's one of my phobias. Omg, shuddering here.

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old August 16th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
Esper

I'm a vegetarian so I have to know what's in my food before I eat it, and since most "exotic" foods are animals that don't normally get eaten I'm usually okay with trying new and weird things as long as they're veggie-friendly.

deviantart blog pair
Old August 16th, 2013 (12:17 PM).
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I don't mind trying out strange/exotic foods, I don't know I may like them, I might not, I won't know until I try them. I try to keep an open mind if its about food.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challengess
Random Challenge - Badges: 8/8 - game: X - Location: defeated Elite 4
Random Challenge - Badges: 7/8 - game: Y - Location: Route 19
50/50 Challenge - Badges 6/8 - Game Y - Location: Dendemille Town/Frost Cavern - haven't continued yet
Old August 16th, 2013 (01:23 PM).
Ayselipera

I'll try anything once. Even twice if someone swears its somehow better.
Old August 16th, 2013 (03:01 PM).
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
i hate trying new foods. i'm a picky eater

|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old August 16th, 2013 (06:06 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
As long as it looks edible, I can eat anything. I'm turned away by delicacies that involve endangered animals, like shark's fin soup; I used to eat it whenever I went to a Chinese restaurant, but not anymore, after I learned how important sharks were to the marine ecosystem.

Old August 16th, 2013 (06:45 PM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I'm always adventurous when it comes to trying new food. I've tasted "doenjang jjigae" once, which is a Korean stew made with vegetable and fish. It was spicy, but at the same time, it also tasted kind of sour. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but I did. Their "seolleongtang," a soup made completely out of ox bone, was also pretty good. I know it sounds bad, but I'm pretty sure that you'll like it, too, if you ever decide to give it a try. ^^;;
Old August 16th, 2013 (06:48 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
I am extremely reluctant on weird-looking food like Mexican food, Chinese food, red meat, and seafood. The more reluctant I am with them, the more likely I'll lose weight for eating the only food I eat.
Old August 16th, 2013 (08:05 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

I'm not very adventurous when I'm dining out. I always order the same thing and I'm pretty reluctant to changing that.
Old August 17th, 2013 (07:29 PM).
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I am kind of picky and will not eat any meat that tastes/feels rubbery, gristly, or too raw.

I tend to stay away from exotic foods unless they look attractive.

I love vegetables and anything that looks bland because usually I know it just tastes green and good lol.
Old August 17th, 2013 (07:34 PM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
I went out with my family a few months ago to a Mexican restaurant and I decided I'd have a go at trying something 'different.' I ordered something along the lines of Mole' Pabalano; and my god was it terrible. It was chicken breast with chocolate and some weird-ass spices. Haha, safe to say that I'm not going back. Ever.
Old August 17th, 2013 (09:14 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
I'll usually try new things, but only if it's with others or whatever. I would draw the line at bugs tbh. I can't do that. I don't even want to look at them, let alone eat them.
Old August 17th, 2013 (09:24 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I don't mind new things, but if it's some kind of animal, like snake, bugs, etc...

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old August 18th, 2013 (02:37 AM). Edited August 18th, 2013 by Kura.
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I'd TRY anything as long as it was safe to eat.
Would I eat a whole dish of it? Not sure. I guess it depends on if I like it to begin with.. and if I like it, if it was healthy to eat a whole serving of it (I'm talking about crazy fattening mealtime cookies baked into other cookies and deep-fried sort of stuff.)

There is one exception: Spicy. I will not try hot peppers or anything that I know will be too spicy. I am super sensitive and it physically burns my tongue if I have spicy food (scratchy for days!) and I just rather not.. as I don't know how badly my body will react to it.

Also as it stands.. the only thing I'm iffy on eating is scorpion. I'd even give eating tarantula a try if given the opportunity (and when I know it's cooked properly) but.. scorpion just sounds inedible to me.

Quote:
Most vegetables never seem to get my tastebuds going, probably due to how bland they taste.
What type of veggies are you eating? They are ANYTHING but bland if you season and cook them properly. Are you like.. just steaming everything without salt or something?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links