The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Arcanight's Avatar
Arcanight
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold

Advertise here
I love this hack so much! Please don't forget about this hack and let it disappear because it's a really good one!
__________________
Hacks I support:









Click on them to check them out!
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Cruztown's Avatar
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanight View Post
I love this hack so much! Please don't forget about this hack and let it disappear because it's a really good one!
Ahaha, don't take inactivity here as abandoning it, I'm just starting from scratch to make it more stable. This time, I was even able to add some items! I'm silent, but I'm still working on it.
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Projectwolfie's Avatar
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Good luck, hope everything ends up much more stable and with no sound glitch this time around.

Also I nominate Choice Specs to be put in since we're talking new items.
__________________
Pokemon Fire Red 251+ Current Version: 3.4

Last edited by Projectwolfie; July 30th, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Cruztown's Avatar
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
Good luck, hope everything ends up much more stable and with no sound glitch this time around.

Also I nominate Choice Specs to be put in since we're talking new items.
We'll see about that. The four I have added were to accommodate evolutions, so let's see how these turn out.
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:33 PM
TheErwO_o
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Gender: Male
I may have found a small bug/oversight:

Snore and Octazooka are listed as physical attacks, although as far as I know they're special.

Last edited by TheErwO_o; August 11th, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Projectwolfie's Avatar
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Something else I noticed that's in the corrupted version:

Prof's Aid before meeting May:


After the May fight:


Also I'm pretty sure Octozooka is physical but Snore is special, don't quote me on that though.
__________________
Pokemon Fire Red 251+ Current Version: 3.4
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Unzenith's Avatar
Unzenith
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Wow, this game is really nice! And when I read that there was damage split, I was jumping in joy. x]

Anyway, I just noticed something with the bag sprites, I don't know if anyone noticed or is it just me? When you go to the Pokéball, TM&HM and Berries sections, it's all glitchy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old October 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Cruztown's Avatar
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Hey there everyone! Sorry for the wait! I've rolled out a rework today that includes the prior changes, with the inclusion of Kanto starters as stationary species, new evolutionary items, and a new shop at the end for all your evolutionary needs! Have fun, and remember to provide feedback on any noticeable glitches or errors!
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old October 11th, 2013, 04:49 PM
GaryFreakingOak's Avatar
GaryFreakingOak
8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Congrats man, about to give it a download and play. Who needs X and Y?

EDIT: Liked the eevee event, nice touch. I didn't see an evolution item for it in the document so I'm assuming no way to get Umbreon?

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot day/night evolutions worked in Emerald!

Last edited by GaryFreakingOak; October 11th, 2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old October 12th, 2013, 04:46 AM
lit000
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Hey, the split is what I'm looking for emerald, and finally there had been one!!

And may I suggest a better graphical interface, like new tilesets or battle graphics and sprites like on flora sky?

If one did that, It'd really be perfect!
Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old October 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM
GaryFreakingOak's Avatar
GaryFreakingOak
8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Just fyi there is some sound corruption for Blaziken's cry, and for some reason every Lapras I've seen is spelled "Larpas". Its not a big deal but its a kind of funny haha.
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old October 12th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Projectwolfie's Avatar
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by lit000 View Post
Hey, the split is what I'm looking for emerald, and finally there had been one!!

And may I suggest a better graphical interface, like new tilesets or battle graphics and sprites like on flora sky?

If one did that, It'd really be perfect!
Actually, there's always been a split patch. Was done the same time as all the other versions. Most hacking methods is figured out for other versions pretty quickly after FireRed.

Also, I can confirm Blaziken.
Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old October 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Cruztown's Avatar
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
Actually, there's always been a split patch. Was done the same time as all the other versions. Most hacking methods is figured out for other versions pretty quickly after FireRed.

Also, I can confirm Blaziken.
... Perfect. Sound corrupt keeps getting the better of me, it seems. Well, noted, I'll work on fixing the Lapras typo. Thanks for the head's up
Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Jet Pilot's Avatar
Jet Pilot
I killed Spiderman.
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kelowna
Gender: Male
Nature: Bashful
Currently at Magma base with:
43 Slaking, 40 Sceptile, 39 Pupitar, 39 Electabuzz, 38 Shelgon, & my favorite member my 39 Ursaring.

if you find the time you should change some tiles. Emerald ones are very boring, all 3rd gen tiles are boring actually..

Had some breeding and A LOT of grinding to do.

Beat the E4 with:
53 Slaking
54 Sceptile
51 Electabuzz
55 Tyranitar
56 Ursaring
53 Salamence
__________________

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.

Last edited by Jet Pilot; October 18th, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Unzenith's Avatar
Unzenith
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Just reporting in something again \o

In double battles, Surf only hits one foe and it's always on the right Pokemon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old October 18th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Cruztown's Avatar
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unzenith View Post
Just reporting in something again \o

In double battles, Surf only hits one foe and it's always on the right Pokemon.
Hmmm, that's disappointing. I tried to change it to be more like the newer Surf where it hit all opponents on the field, but apparently that only really works for Earthquake. Will fix quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old October 19th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Unzenith's Avatar
Unzenith
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Just suggesting something, but I was wondering if you can somehow combine this project of yours with Suicune's Pokemon Emerald Expert hack, it's all complete and everything (it has new sprites of Pokémon but it doesn't fit the game though) You just have to edit the physical/special split and the moves set.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old October 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Projectwolfie's Avatar
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unzenith View Post
Just suggesting something, but I was wondering if you can somehow combine this project of yours with Suicune's Pokemon Emerald Expert hack, it's all complete and everything (it has new sprites of Pokémon but it doesn't fit the game though) You just have to edit the physical/special split and the moves set.
...Um, you could just put Doesnt's Emerald split patch onto EE and configure it/every moveset on that hack for rebalancing yourself. It's not really that difficult, all you really need is a move editor like the one that comes with PGE, and a trainer editor for everything else (preferred: unnamed trainer editor).

This is pretty different project from EE.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; October 19th, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old October 19th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Unzenith's Avatar
Unzenith
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Oh, I meant like a collab, it's just a suggestion though. And I've already done that but it's with another patch.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old October 20th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Cruztown's Avatar
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
...Um, you could just put Doesnt's Emerald split patch onto EE and configure it/every moveset on that hack for rebalancing yourself. It's not really that difficult, all you really need is a move editor like the one that comes with PGE, and a trainer editor for everything else (preferred: unnamed trainer editor).

This is pretty different project from EE.
Wolfie has it down. I don't know if I'd want to do something of that nature just yet, especially considering the fact that I made this version as a foil to his Expert Emerald almost. I didn't quite agree with some of his changes in his then beta 1.2 patch, that's how I felt compelled to make my own iteration. That said, if you wanna attempt to mix my patch with his or see if Suicune would want to allow a mix of our patches, that's on you. I don't see a problem with using my work (other than the errors that keep sneaking in), as long as I'm credited and those whom I've taken work or tools from are credited as well.
Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Cruztown's Avatar
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Alright then! Just a quick pop-in before Halloween to say Hi, and to drop a small patch!
This update includes small changes, such as the addition of Outrage to Flygon's movepool, 2 bonus battles after the Elite Four with special trainers, and Air Cutter getting a power boost.

Hopefully, the next patch will contain access to the various Tickets (Eon, Mystic, Aurora, Old Map) somewhere post Elite Four as well. Enjoy for now!
Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
UnderKingSerenade's Avatar
UnderKingSerenade
Hex Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
If it wasn't for all the corruptions and tile errors I would say this is the definitive way to replay emerald. It's true to the original emerald, and every addition is simply an improvement, it's just a shame that all the corruptions take away the immersion
Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old November 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Cruztown's Avatar
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderKingSerenade View Post
If it wasn't for all the corruptions and tile errors I would say this is the definitive way to replay emerald. It's true to the original emerald, and every addition is simply an improvement, it's just a shame that all the corruptions take away the immersion
Tile errors? Where have you found tile errors?
Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old November 5th, 2013, 12:29 AM
UnderKingSerenade's Avatar
UnderKingSerenade
Hex Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruztown View Post
Tile errors? Where have you found tile errors?
With the newest patch, i noticed errors with spaces under windows and a problem with a berry area very early in the game, but now that I've moved ahead in the game those issues have pretty much disappeared. Tile errors might have been an incorrect description of the issue
Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old November 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Cruztown's Avatar
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderKingSerenade View Post
With the newest patch, i noticed errors with spaces under windows and a problem with a berry area very early in the game, but now that I've moved ahead in the game those issues have pretty much disappeared. Tile errors might have been an incorrect description of the issue

I see. Welp, I suppose I'll have to spend some time trying to clean that up. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.