The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old July 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Arcanight

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
I love this hack so much! Please don't forget about this hack and let it disappear because it's a really good one!

Click on them to check them out!
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanight View Post
I love this hack so much! Please don't forget about this hack and let it disappear because it's a really good one!
Ahaha, don't take inactivity here as abandoning it, I'm just starting from scratch to make it more stable. This time, I was even able to add some items! I'm silent, but I'm still working on it.
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Good luck, hope everything ends up much more stable and with no sound glitch this time around.

Also I nominate Choice Specs to be put in since we're talking new items.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; July 30th, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectwolfie View Post
Good luck, hope everything ends up much more stable and with no sound glitch this time around.

Also I nominate Choice Specs to be put in since we're talking new items.
We'll see about that. The four I have added were to accommodate evolutions, so let's see how these turn out.
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:33 PM
TheErwO_o

I may have found a small bug/oversight:

Snore and Octazooka are listed as physical attacks, although as far as I know they're special.

Last edited by TheErwO_o; August 11th, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Something else I noticed that's in the corrupted version:

Prof's Aid before meeting May:

After the May fight:

Also I'm pretty sure Octozooka is physical but Snore is special, don't quote me on that though.
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Unzenith

Nature: Calm
Wow, this game is really nice! And when I read that there was damage split, I was jumping in joy. x]

Anyway, I just noticed something with the bag sprites, I don't know if anyone noticed or is it just me? When you go to the Pokéball, TM&HM and Berries sections, it's all glitchy.
Old October 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Hey there everyone! Sorry for the wait! I've rolled out a rework today that includes the prior changes, with the inclusion of Kanto starters as stationary species, new evolutionary items, and a new shop at the end for all your evolutionary needs! Have fun, and remember to provide feedback on any noticeable glitches or errors!
Old October 11th, 2013, 04:49 PM
GaryFreakingOak
8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.

Congrats man, about to give it a download and play. Who needs X and Y?

EDIT: Liked the eevee event, nice touch. I didn't see an evolution item for it in the document so I'm assuming no way to get Umbreon?

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot day/night evolutions worked in Emerald!

Last edited by GaryFreakingOak; October 11th, 2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 12th, 2013, 04:46 AM
lit000

Hey, the split is what I'm looking for emerald, and finally there had been one!!

And may I suggest a better graphical interface, like new tilesets or battle graphics and sprites like on flora sky?

If one did that, It'd really be perfect!
Old October 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM
GaryFreakingOak
8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.

Just fyi there is some sound corruption for Blaziken's cry, and for some reason every Lapras I've seen is spelled "Larpas". Its not a big deal but its a kind of funny haha.
Old October 12th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lit000 View Post
Hey, the split is what I'm looking for emerald, and finally there had been one!!

And may I suggest a better graphical interface, like new tilesets or battle graphics and sprites like on flora sky?

If one did that, It'd really be perfect!
Actually, there's always been a split patch. Was done the same time as all the other versions. Most hacking methods is figured out for other versions pretty quickly after FireRed.

Also, I can confirm Blaziken.
Old October 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Actually, there's always been a split patch. Was done the same time as all the other versions. Most hacking methods is figured out for other versions pretty quickly after FireRed.

Also, I can confirm Blaziken.
... Perfect. Sound corrupt keeps getting the better of me, it seems. Well, noted, I'll work on fixing the Lapras typo. Thanks for the head's up
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Jet Pilot
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
Currently at Magma base with:
43 Slaking, 40 Sceptile, 39 Pupitar, 39 Electabuzz, 38 Shelgon, & my favorite member my 39 Ursaring.

if you find the time you should change some tiles. Emerald ones are very boring, all 3rd gen tiles are boring actually..

Had some breeding and A LOT of grinding to do.

Beat the E4 with:
53 Slaking
54 Sceptile
51 Electabuzz
55 Tyranitar
56 Ursaring
53 Salamence

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.

Last edited by Jet Pilot; October 18th, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Unzenith

Just reporting in something again \o

In double battles, Surf only hits one foe and it's always on the right Pokemon.
Old October 18th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unzenith View Post
Just reporting in something again \o

In double battles, Surf only hits one foe and it's always on the right Pokemon.
Hmmm, that's disappointing. I tried to change it to be more like the newer Surf where it hit all opponents on the field, but apparently that only really works for Earthquake. Will fix quickly.
Old October 19th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Unzenith

Just suggesting something, but I was wondering if you can somehow combine this project of yours with Suicune's Pokemon Emerald Expert hack, it's all complete and everything (it has new sprites of Pokémon but it doesn't fit the game though) You just have to edit the physical/special split and the moves set.
Old October 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unzenith View Post
Just suggesting something, but I was wondering if you can somehow combine this project of yours with Suicune's Pokemon Emerald Expert hack, it's all complete and everything (it has new sprites of Pokémon but it doesn't fit the game though) You just have to edit the physical/special split and the moves set.
...Um, you could just put Doesnt's Emerald split patch onto EE and configure it/every moveset on that hack for rebalancing yourself. It's not really that difficult, all you really need is a move editor like the one that comes with PGE, and a trainer editor for everything else (preferred: unnamed trainer editor).

This is pretty different project from EE.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; October 19th, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old October 19th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Unzenith

Oh, I meant like a collab, it's just a suggestion though. And I've already done that but it's with another patch.
Old October 20th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
...Um, you could just put Doesnt's Emerald split patch onto EE and configure it/every moveset on that hack for rebalancing yourself. It's not really that difficult, all you really need is a move editor like the one that comes with PGE, and a trainer editor for everything else (preferred: unnamed trainer editor).

This is pretty different project from EE.
Wolfie has it down. I don't know if I'd want to do something of that nature just yet, especially considering the fact that I made this version as a foil to his Expert Emerald almost. I didn't quite agree with some of his changes in his then beta 1.2 patch, that's how I felt compelled to make my own iteration. That said, if you wanna attempt to mix my patch with his or see if Suicune would want to allow a mix of our patches, that's on you. I don't see a problem with using my work (other than the errors that keep sneaking in), as long as I'm credited and those whom I've taken work or tools from are credited as well.
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Alright then! Just a quick pop-in before Halloween to say Hi, and to drop a small patch!
This update includes small changes, such as the addition of Outrage to Flygon's movepool, 2 bonus battles after the Elite Four with special trainers, and Air Cutter getting a power boost.

Hopefully, the next patch will contain access to the various Tickets (Eon, Mystic, Aurora, Old Map) somewhere post Elite Four as well. Enjoy for now!
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
UnderKingSerenade
Hex Maniac

Nature: Modest
If it wasn't for all the corruptions and tile errors I would say this is the definitive way to replay emerald. It's true to the original emerald, and every addition is simply an improvement, it's just a shame that all the corruptions take away the immersion
Old November 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderKingSerenade View Post
If it wasn't for all the corruptions and tile errors I would say this is the definitive way to replay emerald. It's true to the original emerald, and every addition is simply an improvement, it's just a shame that all the corruptions take away the immersion
Tile errors? Where have you found tile errors?
Old November 5th, 2013, 12:29 AM
UnderKingSerenade
Hex Maniac

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruztown View Post
Tile errors? Where have you found tile errors?
With the newest patch, i noticed errors with spaces under windows and a problem with a berry area very early in the game, but now that I've moved ahead in the game those issues have pretty much disappeared. Tile errors might have been an incorrect description of the issue
Old November 5th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderKingSerenade View Post
With the newest patch, i noticed errors with spaces under windows and a problem with a berry area very early in the game, but now that I've moved ahead in the game those issues have pretty much disappeared. Tile errors might have been an incorrect description of the issue

I see. Welp, I suppose I'll have to spend some time trying to clean that up. Thanks for the heads up.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here