Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 16th, 2013, 02:09 PM
*Icecold*
Bow down to Queen Meowstic

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellotime91 View Post
I think your expectations are a little lofty, though. And you just seem to have a very negative attitude about the whole thing. I would say let's just approach this generation with optimism, and appreciate all of the good things that they are doing. Look at all the awesome new features they've already introduced! Who knows what else is coming!

There is too much good happening in Gen 6 to focus on the bad stuff.
Some people aren't so optimistic and accepting you know. Not all of these features are that amazing to me. I'll like/dislike them when I actually know what the heck most of this stuff really is. Oh mega evolutions! Should I automatically love them even though I've never used one and most of the information about them is not all released? Oh and new Pokémon! I can't just judge which ones I'm going to use on appearance.

And I only seem to be so negative on this one topic. You can't assume things about people from a few measly comments. I'm not that excited for this generation and you are. Big deal! I don't have a problem with that! I'm just hoping it isn't a disappointment because, as I believe I'm stated before, Generation 5 was and if it becomes a lot like it then I won't be very happy.
This signature has been disabled.
Signature way too large. Try removing some lines or spaces!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 16th, 2013, 02:25 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well the good thing about keeping one's expectations low is that the game will likely look better do to said expectations unless of course it meets those low expectations...
Maybe those of us with higher should lower them...I know I had high ones for Gen V...and it didn't turn out that well for me.
Stand for Life
Old August 17th, 2013, 01:26 AM
White Raven
Working on The Mysterious Meteorite

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to White Raven
One Expectation and it's not for the game.
It's for the game that accompanies it in the Generation (ie. something like Firered and Leafgreen or Heartgold and Soulsilver) maybe.... Hoenn Remakes? also a third game like pokemon z or something (something like platinum and emerald)

Another expectation not for the game itself.
the ability to buy use a cord given along with the game(in reality) that connects the original gameboy /gameboy colour games to the computer and transfer pokemon to lets say an official online service that converts it to gen6 files and is transfered to the gen6 games via pokemon global link. And you use a special ball (Old Ball, Timemachine ball, sorry we didn't create a link between Gen2 and 3 ball?) to catch it.

Oh and another one give kangakhan a preevolution and a male version. then give both a mega evolution. I heard they gave kangakhan a mega evolution with it's baby out of its pouch
^This is Dane Dehaan. He once cried eating a hamburger. He is Harry Osborn/The Green Goblin. He is Anna Woods'.^
Mandopop Lover since 2008
THE MYSTERIOUS METEORITE IS ON AN ISLAND OFF LAROUSSE CITY, OWNED BY MOI. THEREFORE, IT IS MY TRADEMARK

Last edited by White Raven; August 17th, 2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: forgot sorry we didn't create a link between Gen2 and 3 ball?
Old August 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I have the expectation that this generation would be better than Gen 5. I don't give a **** how, I just hope that it's going to be. Just give me something fun to do after I beat the Elite Four, or maybe some sidequests here and there and I'll be a happy camper.
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I'm expecting to see a lot of old Pokémon getting an evolution, especially from the third gen. I hope to see characters from previous games make a few appearances here and there, and I also hope that they keep the number of legendaries to a minimum. They've introduced a ridiculous amount of legendary Pokémon in generation five, and to me, it didn't feel like we needed any more legendaries after that. xD
for all distractions.
Old August 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM
FlamingRage
Can you feel my rage?

Of course I do! With the game being, how big was it? somewhere around 2 gigs?
and with 212 songs, I expect the region to be absolutely huge, or to have some sort of travel between regions. At least a portion of one.

Also, I heard somewhere that you can choose what battle music goes to your battle in PvP. I'm really, REALLY hoping that I can chose non pokemon x/y music from my SD card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Icecold* View Post
Clefairy isn't that much of a fairy either. It comes from space. Fairies don't come from space, what is wrong with you Game Freak?
Wasn't the theory that ALL pokemon came from space in a giant moon stone?

Last edited by FlamingRage; August 17th, 2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 18th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

Expectations for generation 6?

Well, I'm actually just hoping it'll have the same compatibility with the previous generation that generation 5 had with 4.

But I'm really hoping that after X and Y, we get our Ruby/Sapphire remakes. I mean, we're 2 consoles ahead of that now (gba, DS, 3DS, like how Red/Blue were remade 2 consoles later, same with Gold/Silver) so we're about due, right?
Patiently awaiting final versions of these hacks: TheJohto Legacy series - starting with the most complete one, the Christmas hack, Pokémon Liquid Crystal, Pokémon Crystal Dust, Pokémon DarkViolet, Pokémon Prism
Old August 18th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Sneaky Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1Yena View Post
Expectations for generation 6?

Well, I'm actually just hoping it'll have the same compatibility with the previous generation that generation 5 had with 4.

But I'm really hoping that after X and Y, we get our Ruby/Sapphire remakes. I mean, we're 2 consoles ahead of that now (gba, DS, 3DS, like how Red/Blue were remade 2 consoles later, same with Gold/Silver) so we're about due, right?
See, I hope we don't actually get any backwards compatibility. Sure it would be nice to push forward our old pokemon, but that also means all the hacked and illegitimate pokemon will be pushed forwards too.

Also, no backwards compatibility means more likelihood of Gen III remakes, and i'm all for that!
Trophy SHINY Bagon for trade!

Currently looking for:
-Competitive shiny and HA pokemon
-Assault Vest
-Ability Capsule
-Tyranitarite

FC: 1993-8587-9003
PM me first
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSneakyTruth View Post
it would be nice to push forward our old pokemon, but that also means all the hacked and illegitimate pokemon will be pushed forwards too.
All the game would need to do is check the Pokémon and see if its stats, personality values, ability, moves, obtained locations etc actually match what would be normal for a Pokémon of that species.

But maybe you're right. Maybe we do need a fresh start. So many changes are already in progress for the new games that it wouldn't be too surprising that there would be incompatibilities. And that would give more reason to remake Hoenn afterwards, yes.

I just hope 6 isn't the last of the generations to ever appear.
Patiently awaiting final versions of these hacks: TheJohto Legacy series - starting with the most complete one, the Christmas hack, Pokémon Liquid Crystal, Pokémon Crystal Dust, Pokémon DarkViolet, Pokémon Prism
Old August 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
I'm expecting to see a lot of old Pokémon getting an evolution, especially from the third gen. I hope to see characters from previous games make a few appearances here and there, and I also hope that they keep the number of legendaries to a minimum. They've introduced a ridiculous amount of legendary Pokémon in generation five, and to me, it didn't feel like we needed any more legendaries after that. xD
Honestly, I'm expecting for there to be no more evolutions. Instead, they'll just add a bunch of megas. I also highly doubt the inclusion of backwards compatability.
FC: 2148-8142-2372

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Mawile is based off of a mythical Japanese fairy-like creature so it's a fine fairy type. And some of you are saying some stuff about the rivals that can be REALLY offensive to other people and besides, for Tierno, it's a nice change we don't get the typical "hot and thin" characters. We need diversity too you know! *Icecold* and elgyem are being a bit too harsh IMO.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic396668_1.gif
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

I don't have many expectations only two of them.

Sky battles are all cool and all but now that I find out that the game is based on Norse Mythology as in the Tree of Life it'll be only logical for me to expect with great deal that there must be free roam in the Sky otherwise Gamefreak made a dumb move. If the region isn't located on a big fancy penguin rainbow tree in the middle of shooting wats of nowhere where space cats are floating around then I could understand. Ah, whatever I could always wait for the next Pokémon Ranger game if i want it so badly.

Next one is the weather system. It has been dull for many generations now, I'd expect the weather system to be more advanced by now. Day/Night/Rain isn't going to cut it for me and the season changes aren't really an excuse either. What I'm expecting are natural disasters, okay this is a bit over the top but something like lightning strikes hitting the fan and you **** bricks when that happens could be awesome with Pokémons involved who possess that kind of power some unknown Boss lightning Pokémon who uses Lightning as second nature perhaps? /Random thought.
Tornados or even vulcano erruptions could be awesome to see as well. Other then that random weather changes all over the maps other then Rain is what I expect the most. Fog, Hail, Wind Blows, Snow or even mixes. You know, that kind of stuff. But that should also effect the maps where normally the Pokémons are located; one of these element could change the Pokémon on the currently on the map to different one. That was the case with Day and Night times in the 2nd generation so I'd expect them to change it a little to this sorta likin', um.. Realistic weather, yeah that's the right sentence i'm looking for.

Oh, Ruri (Yancy) is my waifu, Gamefreak better bring her back......Or else.
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:51 AM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh and just because it says mega evolutions doesn't mean it's an evolution! It's just a form!
Old September 5th, 2013, 02:55 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeKangaroo View Post
Oh and just because it says mega evolutions doesn't mean it's an evolution! It's just a form!
This is true, but these Formes will likely increase the pokes strength in some way shape or form.
X- 2406 5987 8799
PS3 - Mkeborn87
Old September 6th, 2013, 05:12 AM
jellotime91

Quote:
Some people aren't so optimistic and accepting you know. Not all of these features are that amazing to me. I'll like/dislike them when I actually know what the heck most of this stuff really is. Oh mega evolutions! Should I automatically love them even though I've never used one and most of the information about them is not all released? Oh and new Pokémon! I can't just judge which ones I'm going to use on appearance.

And I only seem to be so negative on this one topic. You can't assume things about people from a few measly comments. I'm not that excited for this generation and you are. Big deal! I don't have a problem with that! I'm just hoping it isn't a disappointment because, as I believe I'm stated before, Generation 5 was and if it becomes a lot like it then I won't be very happy.
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to make a judgement about you as a person. I was just suggesting you lighten up a bit in regards to this specific instance. It seems like you are simply more willing to see something in relation to X&Y as negative, rather than positive.

There are so many awesome new features coming! PSS, Super Training, Pokemon-Amie, new trading mechanics (trade for Pokemon you haven't seen before), all of the awesome new Pokemon that have been announced, Social network integration (I, for one, am excited to take cute pictures with Photo Spots and share them on Facebook!), Sky Battles, Hordes, Fairy-type, and a bunch of other stuff I've already forgotten. Never mind how awesome the games look!

My expectations have been completely blown out of the water already! Looking at what Gamefreak has been doing for the past few generations, they didn't really change much between R/S/E - to - B/W in terms of the game's mechanics. Sure there were a bunch of new battle styles, online trading, etc... But X & Y look like they are going to bring a HUGE update to the series!
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:24 AM
billyjoseph

Just hoping for some more great bug pokemon concepts like Gen 5.
This signature has been disabled.
100 pixels too tall and 200 pixels too long.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Black Dynamite
Resident Noob

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Alright, Mawile you're off the hook.

I'm standing my ground with Gardevoir though. Angels and fairies... I mean, there is a difference.

And there is no way Lopunny will not be half Fairy, which will them prove my point that only pretty adn cute Pokemon can be fairies.

I WANT A FREAKIN' TROLL FAIRY TYPE!
Muks half fairy! its been confirmed :o
Old September 6th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
This is true, but these Formes will likely increase the pokes strength in some way shape or form.
There are other forms that increase a Pokemon's strength is some way, shape or form.

Giratina has a Stat shift, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas.
Shaymin has a Stat shift, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas.
Deoxys has 3 stat shifts, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas depending on his form.
Rotom gain additional stats.
Kyurem gains additional stats.
Arceus (while not officially a form change) increases the power of his attacks per plate.
Castform has a boost with his form changes adding STAB to some attacks and boosting his signature attack.
Wormadam all have different stats depending on form when they evolve into their current form.
Cherrim gains a boost when it changes form.
The Genie trio all have stat redistribution making them stronger in newer areas than before.

Other than Rotom and Kyurem, they all don't change in original strength as their base stats don't change, but thanks to the stat changes involved or indirect boosts due to required items and abilities they are made stronger while in their new forms.

Closest relation to the Mega Stone is Giratina, a hold Item that is required for the form change and thanks to the hold Item the Pokemon specific to it gains a boost. Its no different than any form change before in terms of how it effects the dynamics of a Pokemon. Only differences is in what we call it and the amount of different Pokemon that share the same ability.

Unless a form change is completely aesthetic like Unown, Keldeo, Shellos, Basculin, Pichu, Spinda, Deerling, and Sawsbuck, they have some kind of effect on the Pokemon's battle performance. (though most of these are variants and not special forms. Arceus and Genesect are both considered Variant forms though since their items boost their signature attacks and since Arceus gets more bonuses from his plates I'll include them as traditional form changes for this.)

I left off a few...didn't really see a point in naming every single pokemon for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dynamite View Post
Muks half fairy! its been confirmed :o
Please don't just make things up on a whim. No Muk has not been confirmed to be anything but Pure Poison. The only confirmed Fairy Pokemon are:

Sylveon
Xerneas
Spritzee
Swirlix
Gardevoir
Marill
Mawile
Flabebe
Dedenne
Jigglypuff

Nothing else has been said to be Fairy Type.
Old September 6th, 2013, 11:25 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
There are other forms that increase a Pokemon's strength is some way, shape or form.

Giratina has a Stat shift, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas.
Shaymin has a Stat shift, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas.
Deoxys has 3 stat shifts, redistributing his stats and making him stronger in some areas depending on his form.
Rotom gain additional stats.
Kyurem gains additional stats.
Arceus (while not officially a form change) increases the power of his attacks per plate.
Castform has a boost with his form changes adding STAB to some attacks and boosting his signature attack.
Wormadam all have different stats depending on form when they evolve into their current form.
Cherrim gains a boost when it changes form.
The Genie trio all have stat redistribution making them stronger in newer areas than before.

Other than Rotom and Kyurem, they all don't change in original strength as their base stats don't change, but thanks to the stat changes involved or indirect boosts due to required items and abilities they are made stronger while in their new forms.

Closest relation to the Mega Stone is Giratina, a hold Item that is required for the form change and thanks to the hold Item the Pokemon specific to it gains a boost. Its no different than any form change before in terms of how it effects the dynamics of a Pokemon. Only differences is in what we call it and the amount of different Pokemon that share the same ability.

Unless a form change is completely aesthetic like Unown, Keldeo, Shellos, Basculin, Pichu, Spinda, Deerling, and Sawsbuck, they have some kind of effect on the Pokemon's battle performance. (though most of these are variants and not special forms. Arceus and Genesect are both considered Variant forms though since their items boost their signature attacks and since Arceus gets more bonuses from his plates I'll include them as traditional form changes for this.)

I left off a few...didn't really see a point in naming every single pokemon for this.

Please don't just make things up on a whim. No Muk has not been confirmed to be anything but Pure Poison. The only confirmed Fairy Pokemon are:

Sylveon
Xerneas
Spritzee
Swirlix
Gardevoir
Marill
Mawile
Flabebe
Dedenne
Jigglypuff

Nothing else has been said to be Fairy Type.
I expect Megas to be like Rotom's formes in increase of stats.

Also I expect there to be more Fairy type retcons, hopefully we'll get the full list of the retcon this month.
Stand for Life
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:07 PM
MrGriszell
Madara

I expected this to be the best generation so far, and I think it's safe to say I'm right
I don't know I think their is a big difference between form changes and mega evolutions.
I'm not sure but it seems that each pokemon form either keeps that stats the same or redistribute them ( for instance taking away from attack to give to special attack) but it seems mega evolutions will just increase the pokemons base stats just like a normal evolution

Also there seems to be some bonding requirements in order to use the evolutions so this is something similar to how enough exp will allow a pokemon to evolve. Now with form changes besides maybe a move and the obiviouse item or object their are no other requirements to change forms

I think we should respect Game Freak and call them what they are megaevolution .
I think calling them form changes is the same as calling form changes evolutions

Last edited by MrGriszell; September 6th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Superfox

A Dark-type Gym. I think they've been hesitant to have one because then all the types would have gyms and there wouldn't be any more sense of "un-fulfillment" left in terms of Pokémon gyms. However, now since we have Fairy, we can let Fairy be the type without a Gym for a while and allow Dark to finally get one.
Old September 6th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
At the beginning I had a lot of wishlists for what I would have or have not wanted to be in the games. Overtime, however, I just became less focused on what I wanted and more focused on what was already there and the possibilities that could come from them. Turns out, there were a lot of surprises and a lot of things added that I didn't even know I wanted until it happened. So, I'm just going with the flow and taking what GameFreak gives, because so far everything about this generation has been pretty exciting.

Wouldn't mind finally getting that Dark-type gym though!
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:02 PM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There can be a fairy member in the E4. Case dismissed.
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Superfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeKangaroo View Post
There can be a fairy member in the E4. Case dismissed.
That's actually what I'd want.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Linkman806

I kinda hope for more 3 vs 3 battles. Also one thing that i have always wanted was a hard mode sometimes i think it gets too easy but I guess that is just me
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here