The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Your favorite
Zapdos 90 40.18%
Moltres 29 12.95%
Articuno 105 46.88%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 11:20 PM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°

Advertise here
Just like 70% of everyone here, Zapdos is my favourite out of the three birds. Competitive-wise it's the best choice out of the 3 since Moltres and Articuno have a x4 weakness to rock and they have other weaknesses too. Zapdos' only weaknesses are ice- and rock-type moves but the damage is x2. Personally, I like Zapdos' looks and the fact that he's an Electric-type which happens to be my favourite type. Moltres looks like a naked Phoenix, but Articuno is the most beautiful out of the three. Anyway, Zapdos is what my vote goes for.
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Bagon13

Nature: Quiet
Moltres, because it was the coolest fire bird. (my opinion)
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Skyzor91
Skyzor the Scizor

Nature: Timid
For me it's between Zapdos and Articuno... Tough call for me but I'll have to say Zapdos.
It's not that I dislike Moltres, I just like Charizard over Moltres. Moltres and Articuno are both good but for me, it's always been Zapdos.

Old August 12th, 2013, 11:41 AM
PokemonOrangeedition

Nature: Naive
Easily has to be Zapdos. Its type combination just makes it far superior to the other two. I am a fan of Articuno however. I have a bit of a nostalgic connection to it since it was my first legendary.

Pokemon NEXT Developer
Old August 12th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Dark Zapdos
Arose from Darkness
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Jolly
Well this is a hard choice for me but I think Moltres is the best. nah just kidding Zapdos Forever

Last edited by Dark Zapdos; August 14th, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM
unmaestropokemon

articuno is stronger than the other 2
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

Zapdos is my favorite in terms of battling. It has decent Special Attack stat, which allows it to hit many Pokémon with a respectable damage. If used correctly, this Pokémon can help you to eliminate nearly half of your opponent's Pokémon team. It also has an amazing Special Defense stat, so it can definitely take a few hits from the other two birds. In terms of design, Articuno is my favorite. Its tail looks like a beautiful ribbon, and its fur color is very unique. How could you not like this Pokémon? xD
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:55 PM
PokégirlRaichu
Raichu/Mudkipz

I like Moltres. It's fiery :3. Fire
Old August 19th, 2013, 01:53 AM
blaziken25

Send a message via Skype™ to blaziken25
Moltres! Because it's fire!!!! And I used it the most

Old August 19th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Artunico can learn Mind Reader and Sheer Cold; broken. The other two have mediocre designs and aren't really that powerful.
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Connor

Articuno is beautiful and the was hardest for me to catch. Ice is also one of the favorite types and blue is my favorite color. It seemed natural for me to like it more than the others.
Old August 19th, 2013, 08:15 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Even though I never used Zapdos much in FR/LG, I still like it over the other birds because of the type advantage it has over both.

Old August 20th, 2013, 03:09 AM
daigonite
Ninjas Against Bottomless Pits
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I'm sorry, but articuno is one of the most beautiful pokemon designs out there. I adore articuno.

Really simple, really to the point, and yet still absolutely beautiful. I kinda wish I had one for myself. He's definitely one of my top 5 favourite Pokemon, ever.

I used to not like Zapdos at all but I've changed a lot, I actually quite like Zapdos now and find him really cool. Still meh on Moltres though.
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Fernando Torres
Class on grass
Community Supporter

Articuno is my favorite Pokémon in Gen 1. There aren't many great ice types, and only 1 in Gen 1, so I chose Articuno. Articuno was mysterious and awesome to me as a child, it kinda got to me that it was in a cave. It's just the coolest one (pun intended ;3) and the most useful. That is why I chose Articuno.

Last edited by Fernando Torres; August 20th, 2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Grammar error.
Old August 31st, 2013, 06:03 AM
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Articuno is my favourite. Aside from an amazing design, its Sheer Cold-Mind Reader combo destroyed the Elite 4.

I'm not much of a competitive battler, so I don't really care about the Stealth Rock weakness. Besides, it didn't even exist in this generation, so Articuno can switch into most attacks.

Have you ever seen a chicken strip?
Old August 31st, 2013, 06:24 AM
Endless_Void
Rawr

Nature: Naive
Articuno cuz Articuno's design is really amazing and It's like the most powerful in my team.

Old August 31st, 2013, 07:49 AM
Fiery Dash

By battle stats I like Zapdos, but if we're talking about aesthetics, it's none other than Articuno.
Old September 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Articuno has been my favorite for the longest time now. I like the other two, but aesthetically I've always loved it's design. The long flowing tail, the wings, and the fact that it had always seemed to be shimmering. While it might not be better than Zapdos competitively that has never stopped me from liking my favorites and it never will.
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:04 PM
AkameTheBulbasaur
Akame Marukawa of Iyotono

Nature: Relaxed
I can't really decide between the three, because they are each amazing in their own way. I caught all three so I could complete the pokedex on both FireRed and LeafGreen. The ones on FireRed went to my Pearl version so I could complete the pokedex there. Moltres and Zapdos went into the PC on LeafGreen and I only used Articuno because I needed an ice type to defeat Lance. I named her Kouri (I call my Articuno 'her' because 'Kouri' sounds feminine) because it means ice in Japanese. (technically the romaji would be 'koori' but I thought it looked funny, so I changed the second 'o' to a 'u'. She's still on my team to this day at level 70 something.
"The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Gfx
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤

With looks, and the fact that I love fire types, I really like Moltres. However, based on power, Arcticuno is really the best because he really helps with the Elite Four. Great Ice type Pokemon really come in handy. Also, Moltres doesn't have a very good move pool and I always choose Charmander, so it's not like I need him.

Old September 8th, 2013, 07:11 PM
LiteSandwich
Big things come in Nice packages.

Zapdos was the first legendary i ever caught when i played Leafgreen,and it has stuck to me as a favorite since. I liked the spiky design of this pokemon!
Old September 9th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Falsever
Ayano

Articuno has the greatest design in this trio.
It's more beautiful than Moltres and Zapdos.
It was a good member of my team in Fire Red too.

-Theme-
Ayano Tateyama

-Links-
Showdown!
Hack
Ayano no Koufuku Ririon
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:28 AM
PhoenixSoul
I gain strength from my ashes

Nature: Brave
I'm definitely going with Moltres because it is very similar to a phoenix, my favorite mythological creature. Plus I enjoyed it's artwork int he movies, it made it seem very majestic and powerful at the same time.

Old September 13th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I think Articuno slightly edges out Zapdos here, even though Zapdos is my favorite type, Electric. I think Arty is the best designed of the three, and it was my favorite first generation Ice type. Zapdos would be a close second, then Moltres a distant third. It kind of sucks being a legendary bird of fire, only to be completely outclassed by another one. :/ Oh well.
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:56 AM
MoreLike Zack

Nature: Careful
Articuno is my favourite for it's design and Sp.Def :D Tho' always caught Moltres first because it was on flames 'n stuff :D But Articuno is the coolest of them and it's typing is Ice/Flying so it's awesome to have for that too xD
Not even a adventure time reference!
That walked down the escalator quickly!
These sentences are getting longer and longer i wonder when it stops you know the sentences!
HERE
oh and check out the Pokemon universe challenge, it it ever gets approved
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here