The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:07 PM
New Eden
Ascension to heaven
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Kind of in the same boat, and I just began expressing an interesting in having a partner.

I have absolutely no friend circle at all concerning in-person, and I haven't since I was thirteen, so I guess that's one thing.

My situation seems to be a little more crunched side considering that I'm pre-HRT though... but I have the fortune of group sessions starting in the fall so luck may come my way in some shape then.

Old August 18th, 2013, 11:50 PM
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

Nature: Adamant
Well, I think many of us have had bad online experiences. It's best used as a date making tool rather than a dating tool. As suggested, I would go to a reputable site, in which, all or most of the users are serious in their pursuits for a long-term/life-long relationship if they meet the right person. Of course people will lie and disappoint you...it's the internet :p
That is why I would say, it is a date setting tool, and should really only be used to help you meet someone in person in order to then access if you are compatible. An online/long distance relationship should not be the main function of the site. It's all about how you use it. Though you might go on five terrible date per one promising one, it might be worth it. As you said, you might have to put yourself out there. Though, it's a lot easier to say than to do in that respect.
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
Well, I think many of us have had bad online experiences. It's best used as a date making tool rather than a dating tool. As suggested, I would go to a reputable site, in which, all or most of the users are serious in their pursuits for a long-term/life-long relationship if they meet the right person. Of course people will lie and disappoint you...it's the internet :p
That is why I would say, it is a date setting tool, and should really only be used to help you meet someone in person in order to then access if you are compatible. An online/long distance relationship should not be the main function of the site. It's all about how you use it. Though you might go on five terrible date per one promising one, it might be worth it. As you said, you might have to put yourself out there. Though, it's a lot easier to say than to do in that respect.
Yeah... that moment when you meet them.

And they're a guy.

Nope.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Ah, people who are interested in relationships. I think it's really cute actually.

I wish I could find a way to fix my intimacy issues so I could do that. I'm petty happy with single life altogether though.

Quote:
you are a despicable piece of ♥♥♥♥ that doesn't belong in the D&D section.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:23 AM
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
Yeah... that moment when you meet them.

And they're a guy.

Nope.
I doubt that happens often, especially those who pay for a subscription. Though, you have a legitimate concern about meeting a total stranger, especially not knowing if they are physically the person that they are portraying. In your case, perhaps you might want to do a phone call, or better yet, a short and sweet Skype conversation. That way, you might be able to reduce your in-person dating anxiety.

I don't know why I think I am qualified to give dating advice tonight. But, I guess my tips can't be any worse than the crap Patti Stanger spews, and she actually gets paid for her disservice :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
Ah, people who are interested in relationships. I think it's really cute actually.

I wish I could find a way to fix my intimacy issues so I could do that. I'm petty happy with single life altogether though.
Eh, you're 18, there's no huge rush. Plus, you shouldn't feel obligated or anything to be relationship-minded. You have plenty of time to come to that conclusion. I personally have been on a hiatus of which will last another year once I move, and I mean a complete hiatus from physical and emotional bonding. It's good to know how to be single or independent, especially while figuring out what you want to do with your own life. During last year and through graduation coming up next Spring, I feel like I needed to establish my own identity and be able to relocate freely without being tied down by romantic baggage.

Last edited by The Dark Avenger; August 19th, 2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogles
That sounded so condescending lmao Moogles I love you so much.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 19th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Psycho Yuffie

Nature: Quirky
I would like to have a girlfriend, but I don't see it happening any time soon. The dating world is pretty harsh and honestly seems to be a lot more of a hassle than it's worth.
Old August 19th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
I'm happy with my current relationship, even though it is a long distance one. This is my first long distance relationship and I've heard they're hard to maintain but I think communication is key especially in LDRs so I try to communicate with my partner as much as possible. It does frustrate me a little sometimes because it feels like I'll never be able to see him in person anytime soon but who knows honestly, I'm not trying to be too optimistic but I don't want to be negative either.

Anyway I would like to join this club. I'm bisexual and have been so since middle school. I'm not open about it irl but there have been a few close friends that I've told, and that's all I plan to tell for now.
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

I found my boyfriend on Grindr...

Yeah I don't admit that to many. except entire websites
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
Eh, you're 18, there's no huge rush. Plus, you shouldn't feel obligated or anything to be relationship-minded. You have plenty of time to come to that conclusion. I personally have been on a hiatus of which will last another year once I move, and I mean a complete hiatus from physical and emotional bonding. It's good to know how to be single or independent, especially while figuring out what you want to do with your own life. During last year and through graduation coming up next Spring, I feel like I needed to establish my own identity and be able to relocate freely without being tied down by romantic baggage.
I'm not really in a rush nor do I feel obligated. I think it's just a self-realization that I do have serious issues being intimate with other people and a self-reflection has shown that I ca't expect to be able to get through my life like this. While I've managed the last three years basically by myself, that isn't an effective of necessarily a healthy lifestyle and I should come to terms that being intimate with other people is ok, sharing secrets with people are ok and trusting people is perfectly fine. While I myself firmly believe I am a strong, independent person who enjoys single life, I'm also moving across country for two weeks for post-secondary and from there I'll finally be able to have an age of discovery for who I am. Working on my intimacy issues will be something I'll actively work towards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
That sounded so condescending lmao Moogles I love you so much.
oh my god I was being sincere too lmf

also no shame on meeting your bf on grindr.

Quote:
you are a despicable piece of ♥♥♥♥ that doesn't belong in the D&D section.
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:25 AM
umbryan

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to umbryan
OMG! How has it taken me so long to find this! I wanna join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
I found my boyfriend on Grindr...

Yeah I don't admit that to many. except entire websites
Oh god, such horrifying memories of that app.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogles View Post

I'm so unhappy with single life, it sucks! It's been a long six months since I even had any kind of date! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Yuffie View Post
I would like to have a girlfriend, but I don't see it happening any time soon. The dating world is pretty harsh and honestly seems to be a lot more of a hassle than it's worth.
It is harsh! But come on, you're 28! You have to get out there, missy!

What's that Edgar Allan Poe quote, "it's better to love and lost, then to never love at all"

And you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I hope my inspirational quotes help xD

Team: (The Cute & The Fluffy)

Paris- Female Furfrou
Sam- Male Togekiss
Blueberry- Female Altaria
Logan- Male Flareon
Ramchop IV- Female Ampharos
Mademoiselle- Female Gardevoir (MEGA) (SHINY)

Last edited by umbryan; August 20th, 2013 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Sanguine
À la prochaine!
Community Supporter

I actually enjoy being single, it's refreshing not having to commit to anything too serious. It's always a laugh being able to go out with friends and get your fill of the local merchandise ;D

I've never been the biggest fan of relationships, but I can admit that it was nice being in one (the security, closeness was pretty amazing). I'm not sure whether I want to be in one anytime soon, but it's a possibility :3

It's amazingly weird, because I don't remember if I ever joined this club xD If I didn't, I'd like to!

[02:57] -Dark Azelf: u liek teh bottix
[19:45] -Dark Azelf: she is evil and cute kinda like satan except in a bunny forme

[00:57] -Kanzler: stupid guys make me homo
[23:11] +PervertedPika: Yeah, I have had bad things happen when my family was home and I was having Marky time in my room ;.;
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I kind of owe my current life to Grindr. I'm sitting here in my nice apartment with two gay roommates all thanks to the magic that is Grindr. Without it I'd still be sitting at Mum's house waiting for some opportunity to find me instead of going out and seeking one.

And if my roommate would have just said yes, I could have said "I found my boyfriend on Grindr" too

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 20th, 2013, 06:54 AM
umbryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I kind of owe my current life to Grindr. I'm sitting here in my nice apartment with two gay roommates all thanks to the magic that is Grindr. Without it I'd still be sitting at Mum's house waiting for some opportunity to find me instead of going out and seeking one.

And if my roommate would have just said yes, I could have said "I found my boyfriend on Grindr" too
All I found on Grindr were old guys who wanted to pay me for things and guys my age that just wanted a fun night.

Sooooo. Grindr and I don't really like each other xD

Paris- Female Furfrou
Sam- Male Togekiss
Logan- Male Flareon
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
My experience on both Grindr and Jack'd (the only two gay networking apps on my phone) haven't been the best. They've made me a little hesitant when it comes to the dating scene. I know some have had a good experience on them, which I was hoping would happen to me too, but it hasn't.. at least not yet lol. There seems to be two sets of people on the apps (at least from what I've experienced).. those who just want one-night stands, or those who really are sincere, but won't really continue any conversation you have with them. You ask them open-ended questions but the conversation ends up becoming very narrow. :\ It sucks for me especially because I'm already very introverted as it is. Obviously this isn't always the case with everyone on there, but I'm just some speaking from what I've experiened. GAHHHHH. I just want a LTR. Is that so hard to ask for? lol
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:09 AM
umbryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyardosamped View Post
My experience on both Grindr and Jack'd (the only two gay networking apps on my phone) haven't been the best. They've made me a little hesitant when it comes to the dating scene. I know some have had a good experience on them, which I was hoping would happen to me too, but it hasn't.. at least not yet lol. There seems to be two sets of people on the apps (at least from what I've experienced).. those who just want one-night stands, or those who really are sincere, but won't really continue any conversation you have with them. You ask them open-ended questions but the conversation ends up becoming very narrow. :\ It sucks for me especially because I'm already very introverted as it is. Obviously this isn't always the case with everyone on there, but I'm just some speaking from what I've experiened. GAHHHHH. I just want a LTR. Is that so hard to ask for? lol
I know exactly what you mean! I just want a boyfriend I can cuddle with and hold hands with xD

It's def too much to ask for these days I guess

Just a PokéCommunity observation I'd like to make!

I was so impressed by the option of genderqueer on gender! It really made me feel that much more comfortable knowing that this must be a very accepting site when I first registered!

So kudos to PokéCommunity!:D

Paris- Female Furfrou
Sam- Male Togekiss
Logan- Male Flareon

Last edited by umbryan; August 20th, 2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:39 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarteh. View Post
It's amazingly weird, because I don't remember if I ever joined this club xD If I didn't, I'd like to!
Renee, you did you forgetful girl, here ya go for remembrance sakes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarteh. View Post
Ta, I would love to be a part of this, y'know

Eh, I live through the stance that if I'm attracted to someone romantically and physically, I don't particularly care what gender they identify as ~

Now, I'm not one to follow "guidelines", but if I were to use the terms you've listed on the front page, I'd say that I was pansexual xD

Also, PC is very LGBT friendly if anyone hasn't noticed yet, so yay? :D <3

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Soooo who's recently gotten dumped? *raises hand*
Old August 20th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Songbird
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
I should really post more in here.

Anyways, as many of you here may not know, I'm trans (MtF, pre-everything). Even though I'm not transitioning at the moment (I'm too much of a wuss to outright tell my mother), I've been doing various things over the past six or seven years to help me look more girly. I've grown my hair out (and it's now currently just past my shoulders due to donating much of it some time ago), I stopped a nasty nail-biting habit by way of painting and filing, and I was blessed with a generally feminine figure.

Today was the best of these past years, between school troubles and my mother's emotional abuse, as I got ma'am'd, even while dressed in cargo pants and a loose T-shirt. I couldn't be happier, for hopefully obvious reasons, and now my mother is confused as to why I don't mind being called a girl. She's started making jokes (after a short insistence that I shouldn't feel complimented over being called a girl), but not in a mean manner.

I feel like I should be able to tell her soon, but I still can't find the courage necessary to do so without breaking down since her reaction is too unpredictable. T_T
Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:38 AM
Psycho Yuffie

Songbird, I know how it is. I waited until I was 26 to come out to my parents because I was a giant coward. Telling my parents was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life thus far. Here's the thing, though: waiting doesn't make it any easier and there's no such thing as waiting for a "good time." Eventually you'll realize that you need to just bite the bullet and go for it. Here's the unfortunate thing: when someone is just homosexual, they don't have a time limit but trans people do. Every single day that goes by, hormones do more irreversible damage. It sucks, but it's the truth.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

I wouldn't call it damage though. People aren't usually ready, although you will never be ready.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Psycho Yuffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
I wouldn't call it damage though. People aren't usually ready, although you will never be ready.
In terms of transgender people, it is damage. We're talking about undesirable physical changes. You may be okay with having big muscles, body hair, and a deep voice, but it isn't pleasant for trans women.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
New Eden
Ascension to heaven
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
It is damage. It can kill how you feel about your body when you finally decide to take action you may be happy with the results, but there could be regret of not starting sooner. I'm nineteen and I dunno how hormones were to me. My voice is rather deep (though noted as attractive by some), shoulders are kinda broad, and my hands/feet are pretty big. Right now all I can do is save what there is left to save (though it is a bit), which is a bummer. So yeah, it pretty much is damage.

Last edited by New Eden; August 22nd, 2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Most people, regardless of their sexual identities, don't have control over the way they look. I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse, but it is great power to have such a will to define your physical form. Most people won't even go there. I think it's a certain privilege to say that x body part is flawed and then go to say this is how it "should" look.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Esper

It's not to say that certain types of bodies are flawed, but that there are certain body traits (shape and size of shoulders, hands, hips, etc.) that are big identifiers of masculinity or femininity. A transwoman isn't saying that women can't have any facial hair (which, for the record, most women have to some degree), but that they don't want facial hair for themselves as it is a sign of maleness.

deviantart blog pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links