The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: Which was your favorite 4th gen game?
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl 3 12.50%
Pokemon Platinum 9 37.50%
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver 12 50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:56 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Hey all i was just curious to know which of the following games were your favorite from the fourth gen games

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Pokemon platinum ( iknw it is the third game of diamond and pearl)
Pokemon Heart Golld/Soul Silver

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:06 AM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
Fixed the poll since there was quite a few spelling errors.

Anyway, HGSS were my favourite games by far of this generation of gaming. I like adventuring through Sinnoh, but only to experience that through Diamond, which compared to Platinum, wasn't particularly good. Heart Gold was amazing both graphics-wise, included a much larger post-game and the mini additions such as the PokeAthlon definitely triumphed over contests.

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live

Last edited by curiousnathan; November 30th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:08 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
HGSS by a mile. DPPt are actually my least favourite Pokémon games ever! And SoulSilver is my favourite, so yeah. Great nostalgia kick, loved the "follow me" feature, improved graphics, new additions to the original storyline, (as with the originals) a great post-game adventure (where post-game is after the Elite Four and Champion are defeated)... yeah. It had pretty much everything I was looking for.

Old November 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
Mine is Platinum; I loved Diamond and Pearl and Platinum just threw those together and said "here's a better game."

I didn't really like HGSS for aesthetic reasons. I thought the graphics seemed so bulky and childish. I loved the follow me feature and the PokeWalker is addicting, but other than that nothing is really memorable about the game other than funky-looking grass and obnoxious colors.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old November 19th, 2012, 08:55 AM
PiemanFiddy
Spreader of the T-Virus

HG/SS was my favorite 4th gen game by far.

For one, they converted a Gameboy Color cartridge game into a DS game, which had improved graphics, tougher challenges, and just more **** to do in general.

The DPPt line is sorta like the more modern version of the old pokemon games. While it may not be old, It's newer content instead of re-used and re-furbished.

I always enjoyed GSC as a kid, so seeing HG/SS come out was like a nerdgasm moment for me :D
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:15 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
It's a tie between Platinum and HG/SS. I liked how Platinum was a revamped version of D/P, while HG/SS gave me a chance to experience Johto, since I never played G/S/C.

Old November 19th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I never played Plat. So I can't really have a good say in this. HGSS would probably be my favorite out of the 3 choices. If i had played Plat. though,I probably would have liked it best.
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

SoulSilver FTW. It may be because I played Gold as my first pokemon game, but I always loved the Gen II games. Kanto and Johto were both the best regions IMO. Especially because it had two whole regions in one game . Platinum was cool, but SS had a part of nostalgia that I loved.
Old November 19th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Hikamaru
The Aqua Mouse Pokémon

Nature: Quirky
For me it was a tie between Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Platinum was much better than Diamond/Pearl and I do like Sinnoh whereas HeartGold/SoulSilver gave me the opportunity to explore Johto and Kanto since I never played the original G/S/C.

Crystal Supporter Hikamaru

"The fur on its body naturally repels water. It can stay dry, even when it plays in the water."

Marill

Old November 19th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
For me it was a tie between Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Platinum was much better than Diamond/Pearl and I do like Sinnoh whereas HeartGold/SoulSilver gave me the opportunity to explore Johto and Kanto since I never played the original G/S/C.
I also really like HG/SS because I have a lot to explore in both Johto and Kanto and it keeps me interested in the game.
Also, the legendaries are really great.

And honestly who don't like to have our gorgeous pokemons walking alongside us? ♥
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

HeartGold/SoulSilver had to be my favorite of the gen IV games. I just felt that they were remakes done right, as they had a lot more to do post-game than the 1st gen remakes, and the little things like having a Pokemon follow you and the Pokeathlon made it even more fun. I can't speak about Diamond/Pearl since I haven't played them, but nothing really struck me as memorable from Platinum apart from the Distortion World. The game was still pretty good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did HeartGold.

Old November 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
My favourite :D? I had a particular fondness for Heartgold since I found it entertaining,the additional features were great and the exploration of two regions instead of one made the game much more satisfying and challenging n_n.

For example, I really liked the follow me feature. It allowed you to bond with your Pokemon and it gave you more courage, with your Pokemon besides you.I liked picking apricons as it gave satisfying rewards and unlike contests which I absolutely hated, the Pokeathlon was by far fun and a whole new different way to compete instead of just battling your regular trainers day to day.

But yeah, I'd say the only downside is the Pokegear could become irritating with all those pointless calls D:. Other than that, I'm really happy with HG and SS :D.
. :p
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Don Bastio
Banned

i picked platinum, but only because i never finished HG
Old November 20th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Sairento Tamashii
A man protects what he loves
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Adamant
The fact I have completed my diamond twice in 48 hours is a real disappointment, I liked the challenge of only 2 fire types however but If I have to be totally honest HG/SS are just so much better.

Old November 20th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Favorite eh ? that would have to be Platinum as I easy get bored with the other ones
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:30 PM
flyer1228

Nature: Serious
Pearl because it's the one I play the most. (out of Pearl and Diamond)

Disclaimer: All Banners I make are not mine. I simply design them using Bannersnack.com. All images come from Google searching.
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Soul Silver. No contest. Spend most of my time playing that one (though I'm actually not sure if I think about both my Pearl Playthroughs ... eh still) and I had the most fun experience with it. Actually went and caught the legendaries, completed the region dex (forget about national) etc etc.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:08 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter Tier 1

Platinum, Added a lot of Pokemon not available in the other two. And introduced the Possibility to evolve older Pokemon like Magmar. Just an all out fun game that made 4th gen so much better.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old December 1st, 2012, 03:59 AM
YoyngTeenVirgin
Unhatched Egg

Platinum of course. I always love remake versions
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:08 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Welcome to York County, SC!
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Platinum by far. It fixed most of the flaws with D/P, and added some intriguing elements to their storyline, including the exploration of a whole alternate dimension. It's still the game I've logged the most hours on, done the most wi-fi activities with, and the most recent game where I've felt motivated to complete as much of it as possible. It still houses all of my "main" Pokemon which I have not wanted to migrate to the 5th gen games.

HG/SS represented a major nosedive for the franchise, and felt rushed, sloppy, and unpolished.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old December 5th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Forever

HeartGold. I only have that and Pearl but Sinnoh was extremely boring and I honestly didn't want to play Platinum because of that (and thus I haven't!) Although I prefer original Johto, HG isn't that bad being remakes.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:21 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Closed upon user request. (Plus too old, anyway.)

[ Closed ]

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links