The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Advertise here

Old August 17th, 2013, 12:44 PM
ThePoivron

Advertise here
The request is simple, I want to use the VS Bar with a wild Pokémon, like a legendary..
How could it be possible, maybe with a specific switch?
Old August 17th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
If it's for a Legenedary it wouldn't be a wild Pokemon, it would be an event so I assume you'd just activate it as you normally would. I've not actually used it before.

Old August 17th, 2013, 01:19 PM
ThePoivron

The animation is played for Trainer Battles when pictures exist, and not Wild Battle, (with the script pbWildBattle(PBSpecies:OKÉMON,LEVEL) )
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:14 PM
jim42

I presume it would be a pretty simple modification to make in the scripts. Just look at how the trainer battle script calls the VS Bar method, then add something similar into pbWildBattle such that if the encounter is for X Pokémon or while Y switch is active, then it displays the VS bar.
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:04 PM
ThePoivron

I found the solution.. I copied the animation section in the script and replaced the condition for its appearance with the switch, then changed the pictures and it worked.
Thanks anyway o/
Old October 2nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Videomixer
ROM Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoivron View Post
I found the solution.. I copied the animation section in the script and replaced the condition for its appearance with the switch, then changed the pictures and it worked.
Thanks anyway o/
Yes, I realize this is months old, but I would like to know where you found and inserted the code. I'm not very savvy with the code of Essentials, but I have been looking for a few days and cannot figure out where the code is. Please respond if you can help.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here