• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What Pokémon can you get in Black but not Black 2? Same goes for White versions.

Let's see:

Black but not Black 2: Murkrow (except in the Hidden Grotto in Pinwheel Forest), Honchkrow, Houndour, Houndoom, Shroomish (breed from Hidden Grotto Breloom).

White but not White 2: Paras, Parasect, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Poochyena, Mightyena, most of the Pokémon obtainable in White Forest.

Those are exclusives to the original BW that can't be found at all in B2W2, with the exceptions of Murkrow and Breloom that can be found in Hidden Grottoes.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Vexed in Virbank

I'm playing Black 2 and training up in the Virbank Complex before I challemge Roxie. After agreeing to help the foreman, I've found and battled two of the three workers: Isaac and a man with a Japanese name (can't remember, but it started with M). Now I'm having trouble finding the third worker...could somebody please help me? Many thanks!

Years
Well, one of them (Isaac, who it seems you've already battled) has a Magby and Koffing. The other one, Mitchell, has a Patrat and an Elekid. The one it seems you haven't battled yet is named Nathan, and he has a Riolu and Lillipup. He's in the northwestern part of the area (below a Youngster who's standing on one of the platforms).

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
What's the deal with this new event? (Giratina, Dialga and Palkia Shiny)

I went to my local GameStop and I could only get a shiny Dialga. Before I left I heard the clerk mention something about them "...being released in waves." Sadly I left before I could hear more as I thought she was talking to the other clerk about the store. I sure hope she didn't think I was ignoring her. :x

Anyway, yeah. What's the deal with the current event?

zl

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
What's the deal with this new event? (Giratina, Dialga and Palkia Shiny)

I went to my local GameStop and I could only get a shiny Dialga. Before I left I heard the clerk mention something about them "...being released in waves." Sadly I left before I could hear more as I thought she was talking to the other clerk about the store. I sure hope she didn't think I was ignoring her. :x

Anyway, yeah. What's the deal with the current event?
Like you said, the events are rolling.. now until September 8th is Shiny Dialga, September 9th through September 29th is Shiny Palkia, and September 30th through October 20th is Shiny Giratina.

Hope that answers! :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Cellphones on BW

This may be a very noob question but in Silver / Gold etc... You had a cellphone that you could talk to your mom and several other trainers has that feature disappeared?

Another question is you could buy stuff for your room normally it would be mom buying it now I dont see how I can do that aswell can anybody anwer this questions pls?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Like you said, the events are rolling.. now until September 8th is Shiny Dialga, September 9th through September 29th is Shiny Palkia, and September 30th through October 20th is Shiny Giratina.

Hope that answers! :3
Also, I read that Canada gets the first at the end of this month.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
How can I get my friend Pokemon in Pokemon Dream World?

Let's say you befriended a Pokemon through a mini-game,
then reach for The Tree of Dreams.

To reach The Tree of Dreams,
one must simply walk all the remaining steps to reach it.
800px-Icy_Cave.png

As you can see from the above picture*,
to the top left section,
the number indicates your remaining steps.

After reaching the said tree,
you must at least have one berry, any kind will do.

Note that in usual cases,
only one can be befriended and sent to the player's game per visit.
That means even if you befriended 10 Pokemon from 10 mini-games,
unfortunately only one of them will be sent to your game.

*Picture credit: Bulbapedia

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
Years
What are LPNs? I read somewhere that they don't mean what I think they mean, so I'm very confused about this.

Also, I just barely got into Pokemon BW, and I heard that Dream World is closing down very soon. What exactly will I be missing out on? I bought the games purely because they're the only games I can get online w/ my WPA connection, and to hear that it's shutting down in such a short time is VERY disheartening =(

Years
Also, I just barely got into Pokemon BW, and I heard that Dream World is closing down very soon. What exactly will I be missing out on? I bought the games purely because they're the only games I can get online w/ my WPA connection, and to hear that it's shutting down in such a short time is VERY disheartening =(

Well, you won't be able to use Game Sync anymore, or obtain berries, Pokemon with their hidden abilities and so on. The main reason it and the 5th Gen Global Link is closing is because of the upcoming release of Pokemon X & Y so they need to keep it updated to the current generation. You'll still be able to trade and battle though, and also bring back any Pokemon you have still tucked in.

After the final closure in January 2014, you'll also lose the ability to change C-Gear skins, Pokedex skins and Pokemon Musical songs.

Here's the full closure info in detail, courtesy of Bulbapedia:

The Pokémon Global Link will be closed for maintenance from Oct. 1 to 12, 2013. After this maintenance, users will not be able to sign up for new accounts, and players will not have access to the demo nor be able to add additional games to their accounts. On Dec. 10, 2013, players will no longer be able to tuck in new Pokémon, although Pokémon currently tucked in can be played with and woken up. On Jan. 14, 2014, all services offered by the Global Link will be shut down, except the player's ability to untuck Pokémon. This means that players will no longer be able to change their C-Gear skin, Pokémon Musical song, or Pokédex skin.
The GTS will not be affected by this closure, except that the trade history will no longer be viewable. Random Matchup Rating Mode will be shut down, although Free Mode will still be available.

Last edited:

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
Years
So should I get on that ASAP, or is it something that takes a while? I'm barely past the first gym leader, but if I can I'd like to get as much as I can done.

Years
So should I get on that ASAP, or is it something that takes a while? I'm barely past the first gym leader, but if I can I'd like to get as much as I can done.

They'll close the site to start the transition to X & Y around October 1st (lol that's my bday) until the 12th when X & Y come out, so you'll have around less than two months to do everything you need. They'll be phasing out the features on the dates specified in my last post.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016

They'll close the site to start the transition to X & Y around October 1st (lol that's my bday) until the 12th when X & Y come out, so you'll have around less than two months to do everything you need. They'll be phasing out the features on the dates specified in my last post.

Just like what Hikari said, you have less than two months to fully enjoy the features of DW,
After you obtained your first badge and finished Fennel's request about the Dreamyard,
you will be able to access Game Sync, so try to access DW everyday, that's the least we can do now!

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Pokedex Evaluation Confusion...

I am in the process of completing my Unova Pokedex for Pokemon Black,. My pokedex says I obtained 130 Pokemon, while Cedric says I have 'Caught 142 Pokemon'. I am completing a Living Pokedex by the way if that makes a difference.

So can someone be so kind as to explain the differences between 'caught' and 'obtained'?

This is the first time I attempted to complete a pokedex since R/B/Y days. Hence my stupidity :p

Thanks C:

Last edited:
Years
I am in the process of completing my Unova Pokedex for Pokemon Black,. My pokedex says I obtained 130 Pokemon, while Cedric says I have 'Caught 142 Pokemon'. I am completing a Living Pokedex by the way if that makes a difference.

So can someone be so kind as to explain the differences between 'caught' and 'obtained'?

This is the first time I attempted to complete a pokedex since R/B/Y days. Hence my stupidity :p

Thanks C:
As Cedric upgrades your Pokedex maybe he was telling you about that thing otherwise somehow the dex is telling about the normal pokes you have caught

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
As Cedric upgrades your Pokedex maybe he was telling you about that thing otherwise somehow the dex is telling about the normal pokes you have caught

Sorry, you lost me at "maybe he was telling you about that thing"? What do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back