Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls
Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Birds or beasts!
Bird trio of Kanto 18 50.00%
Beast trio of Johto 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 19th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
I know some call them legendary dogs but we'll call them beasts here because that works!

Do you like the bird trio of Kanto more, or the beast trio of Johto? Remember to state a reason for your opinion in a post!

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤

Last edited by Adventure; July 19th, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old July 19th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
definitely birds!!! flying that is the thing that gives the birds the win!!! I dream of riding a Moltres... I'd also like to challenge an Articuno rider or a Zapdos rider to races... anything capable of flying wins!!! especially if I can ride them!!!
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Adventure
in H O E N N

Nature: Naive
I actually prefer the beasts. As beautiful as I think Articuno is, I think the designs of the Johto monsters are more interesting and equally cool. Raikou is my particular favorite. I like the story of their origins and goals (especially Suicune's) and that they are pure typed.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old July 19th, 2013, 02:43 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I'm not generally a huge fan of bird pokémon, but the bird trio are by far my favourite trio (the lake trio of Sinnoh coming in second). I think they're all very well designed pokémon, and interesting to use in battle too. The beast trio, while all somewhat pretty, lack something in their design for me (Suicune being something of an exception, but then I have something of an irrational love for Water pokémon). They're also terribly bland in battle, with somewhat restrictive uses. I'll give the beasts that their "story" is quite interesting, but unfortunately that doesn't make up for them being so lacking in every other area I care for.

Old July 19th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I would say that I like Zappy most from all of them but together... I guess I like beasts more.
They were useful in Colosseum and they have interesting backstory.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 19th, 2013, 11:58 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I personally like Suicune due to him being so Pure and Grand looking. Other Dogs are also cool looking so I vote for these...
Old July 20th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Chalifoux
:: Like FROO-OO-OO-OOT ::
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I'd say that I like the legendary beasts more don't hurt me! mainly because Entei was the first legendary I had the patience to catch and not just attack till' it fainted xD It's just that I find their overall designs more pleasing. But if I could choose a certain species of them, it'd be a tie between Suicune and Articuno :p One is too awesome and the other is too gorgeous :]

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita
:: life could not be much sweeter ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 20th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Of course it has to be the Birds, as they have a much cooler design that the beasts.
Old July 20th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Bobith
Tossin' balls since '99

Nature: Impish
Birds fo sho. Articuno was the first legendary I ever caught, and the second I raised to level 100.

Pokemon Clan Site/Strategy Guide/Other Thingies
Shuckle is love, Shuckle is life.
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
The birds obviously because they have better designs.
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:31 PM
LazyTrainer

The beast because I've have always been a fan of the Johto region and also Entei. :D

Old July 25th, 2013, 05:31 AM
nitemate
Don't play Pokemon anymore ...

Nature: Rash
I like the bird trio more as they are not hit by ground attacks.But otherwise both the trios are equally good.
Left Pokemon
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:24 AM
AlphaGiratina

Beasts all the way. Suicune is one of my favorite Pokémon, Raikou's been growing on me recently, and Entei....is Eh. I've never really found myself liking the birds, or their master, Lugia, all that much. And yes, I saw the movie. To be honest, they didn't seem all that powerful or cool in my opinion. The beast's appearance in the 13th movie, however, was awesome, and their showdown with Zoroark was remarkable. I chose the beasts.

The Platinum-Willed pride of the Sinnoh Region
-AlphaGiratina
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I've always preferred the legendary birds of Kanto to the legendary dogs/beasts of Johto. Not only do the legendary birds have the added bonus of having uno, dos and tres in their names, but having an Articuno that can learn both Mind Reader and Sheer Cold is one of my favorite move combinations that can't be learned by any other Pokemon.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Looks like I evened out the poll again, wheeee. n~n I prefer the beasts since they have a really great back story and a slightly better design. The birds are great as well and I love them a lot, but the beasts and their history really get me.

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Out of all of them I LOVE Articuno the most however, when picking a trio I would say I prefer the Beast more. All 3 are well designed and just amazing to use. They were one of the highlights of GSC running around to catch them. Also super fun to catch and use in Colosseum.

"By force of will!"
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:15 PM
ShinyXander

Nature: Modest
Although Johto is my favorite region, I'm inclined to choose the legendary birds. I think mostly from the nostalgia. I have strong memories of tracking them down in my Red/Blue Versions. It was a close call. They only beat the beasts by a little, in my own opinion.
ShinyXander

Check me out on my new Twitter and YouTube!
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:36 PM
Quetzal

The birds for me. Partly because I love real birds, and if it wasn't for bugs, they'd probably be my big thing in Pokemon. But also, I just like their designs more than the dogs.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic411464_2.gif
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:41 PM
TheCollector
Merely a collector

The birds without a doubt. Ability to fly for once, plus Zapdos was the first Pokémon that really made me go "omg wtf this is so kewl!!!!1elevenone".
How it all began, and how I will begin...again.
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:16 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like the legendary birds, mainly because the legendary beasts are such a hassle to get.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:32 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

I prefer the Legendary Beasts more because I never really liked the birds much. The're design looks way better than the birds imo, though the beats were harder to get.
SIMPLE is the new SMART
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Beasts.

1. They were actually plot relevant when they were introduced in GSC, tying in with the legend of Ho-Oh. I felt as though the legendary birds being connected to Lugia was a shoe-in, which didn't factor in to either RBY or GSC's stories. Only the anime went in-depth with them in a movie.

2. They were themed after the three wildcats: lions, tigers, and leopards/cheetahs. These animals are usually thought of as trio to compare to in real life.

3. Roaming legendaries were a brilliant idea. Some people thought they were ridiculously difficult, but face it, shouldn't legendaries be?

4. We're given a backstory for these pokemon, along with reasoning for their types--the tower was struck by lightnining into fire on a rainy day. As for the birds, they're just... there.
3DS FC: 4914-3495-9756 (IGN: Shrew)
Tradelist
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:19 AM
Magic

The beasts have a lot more fluid design. Less like GUESS WHAT ELEMENT I AM. Much more elaborate.

I still prefer the birds though :X
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Game-wise, the dogs are better. Since they're all assigned with one type, they don't have too many weaknesses. The birds have dual types, so they are at a big disadvantage. The birds are better anime-wise, however, because they have the ability to fly high and avoid hits. I prefer the dogs though, only because their designs look better to me. =)
for all distractions.
Old August 21st, 2013, 11:18 AM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
I prefer the wildcats/beasts by a long stretch. They're my favorite trio of Pokemon ever, their designs are perfect.

The birds look cool and simple, don't get me wrong, but they don't have the most innovative designs... plus, I just prefer cats over birds, what can I say :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here