• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pre-orders

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Before new games are released, you have an option to pre-order them online. When you pre-order video games, they'll be delivered right to your house on the release day. You may also pick them up from the store by showing your receipt, but that's completely up to you! So, do you like to pre-order games, or do you like to buy them directly? If you like pre-ordering, then how often do you pre-order? What was the last game that you've pre-ordered?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I usually only preorder when it bring some worthwhile extras (ex. Tales of Xilla Collector's Edition) but other than that, it's usually try Gamestop the day after release and hope they have some in stock.

Last edited:

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
I usually don't pre-order games, usually because I don't have the money at the time. I like to save the money until release day and buy it then.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I rarely pre-order games. The only reason why I would pre-order a game would be if it came with extra content that I would actually use, like bonus content in the game or a coupon for another game I want to get. Posters and figures never really amused me. I can't remember the last time I pre-ordered a game considering it's been quite a long time...

Years
I've always bought them directly unless there is some sort of bonus or opportunity with pre-ordering them. If it's a game like FIFA which I know is gonna be pretty much the same with no major changes or anything, I will safely pre-order. However, if it's a new game or a game I'm unsure about, I will wait 'till I see some gameplay footage around a week after release.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I haven't preordered anything, although I'm considering preordering a few things.

Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed IV have some very nice special editions.

Years
I'll have to echo what a few others have said in that if there's some sort of bonus including in pre-ordering, then I will, otherwise I'll just pick it up after it comes out. One of the more recent examples of that is with Pokemon White 2, which I waited until a few days after it came out to get it. Pre-ordering Pokemon X or Y gets you a free poster though, so while it isn't much, if I'm going to be paying the full price for the game anyway, I might as well get something extra out of it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I have only ever pre-ordered FFXIII and it's sequel. Before then I mostly relied on presents for new games and since then there hasn't really been anything to catch my eye!

Often I wait for a game to be out for a few weeks, to hear feedback and reviews, before purchasing.

Years
With Pokemon games, I typically preorder, just in case some store got some extra figurines or posters, as those will be a pain to find.

With other games, I generally wait on the reviews, because most of the games I would pre-order, I already have its predecessors that I haven't gotten full use out of yet.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I often pre-order things to be on time with other gamers. I perfectly sick of coming in late game and just once I would like to engage in a multiplayer match where we're all level 1.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I make pre-orders only a couple of times a year. I pre-order games that I absolutely don't want to miss out on, such as CoD, Battlefield, or Pokémon. Last game that I've pre-ordered was Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, which was released last year in November. Thanks to the pre-order, I was able to download an exclusive multiplayer map called Nuketown 2025. I also got a special two-sided poster, but I later gave it away to my cousin. ^^"

Years
I generally pre-order games I'm really excited about, or have some special bonus. The retailer GAME offers double reward card points for pre-ordering games, so that's often an added incentive to do so.

Years
I pre-order games if I'm excited for them. I've only pre-ordered twice in my life though, that being HeartGold and SoulSilver, and this past Sunday I pre-ordered Y. Most of the time, if it's a game I am really anticipating, I'll make a pre-order and typically if it comes with a pre-order bonus as well. :P

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
the only game i've ever pre-ordered is the last of us, and i still haven't beaten it yet because of animal crossing and work. hopefully i'll be pre ordering pokemon x/y soon!

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a game. For the 4th gen release of Pokemon, I arrived at Target around five in the morning waiting for the doors to open. Other than that, I can wait a little while longer once the game comes out. If I've been following it for a long time and I'm extremely interested in it, I'd consider it, but for now, there hasn't been such a case.

Years
I like to pre-order games that are distributed digitaly. Mostly because I can download them before their release and I can play them on day one immediately. And nice free bonuses are always welcome. :D

Arma

The Hyena
Years
The only thing I pre-ordered was the limited Fire Emblem 3ds, thank god I didn't pay for the pre-order, because in the end I bought it at another store for less money.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
The last game I preordered was Dark Souls, because A) I was super excited for it and 2) it came with a nifty collector's edition for all preorders. Came with an art book, the soundtrack, and a poster of the world map in a nice metal case for no additional charge.

That's how preorders should be done, none of this "get the 'exclusive' on-disc day-1 DLC" bull(redacted).

Back