The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:43 PM
Infinite Latios
Champion

Nature: Impish
No, not really. But this friend has never told me anything wrong before.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

Nature: Serious
As credible as the mew in the truck.
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Kami Oni
The Pokemon Breeder Anime Fan

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
You need to travel to Kanto and reach Pal Park (Fuchsia City) before you can migrate pokémon.

I actually have my own question: Can you re-learn a deleted tm?
My Blissey knows Toxic, but I'm about to capture Dialga (And then probably go for the Lake Trio). One of them will most likely displace it from the team, in which case it'll go into Daycare. This could lead to Toxic being deleted. Would I be able to re-teach it with the Move Tutor?

I did but I still don't see the migrate option on my game
Old August 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Have you talked to all the important NPCs in Pal Park then? Maybe you need to do that first to activate that option.

@ Amore - I'm afraid not. It only works for moves naturally able to learn by level up (or level 0 moves for a Pokemon, e.g. ampharos can never learn fire punch without a move tutor without the move relearned, iirc for sake of example). Stuff forgotten that's not part of the level-up moveset alone cannot be remembered.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Fiery Dash

You should upload a screen cap,
So everyone could see what pose you are talking about.
Anyway I seemed to know what pose you are talking about(hopefully it's the same pose we're talking about),
I have done it in Victory Road by jumping of the muddy ledges.
Old August 10th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

I think you're in that position very temporarily when you ride up the ramps found in various dungeons.
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Kami Oni
The Pokemon Breeder Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Have you talked to all the important NPCs in Pal Park then? Maybe you need to do that first to activate that option.

@ Amore - I'm afraid not. It only works for moves naturally able to learn by level up (or level 0 moves for a Pokemon, e.g. ampharos can never learn fire punch without a move tutor without the move relearned, iirc for sake of example). Stuff forgotten that's not part of the level-up moveset alone cannot be remembered.
I talked to every npc in there and nothing.. still hasn't let me transfer..
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:51 PM
James.

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to James.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami Oni View Post
I talked to every npc in there and nothing.. still hasn't let me transfer..
You have at least six Pokemon in a Box in your game that you want to migrate to your SoulSilver?

None of your cartridges show up with the option to migrate?

None of your cartridges are from a different region than your SoulSilver game, correct?

Are your cartridges being recognized by your DS? (you can play your games on your DS)
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:30 AM
OliveCopper
Shadow of Children

Let me tell you something, I'm trying to collect all the Pokémon, but there is something I will need help with. The 2 Graveler I caught are like twin brothers or something. Both are male, have Rock Head as an ability and are Level 24. The only difference is one has an Adamant nature with 67 HP and 24 speed, whie the other has a Bold nature with 65 HP and 27 speed.

Which Graveler do you think I should evolve?

P.S. Please do not lock this thread until an answer has been given.
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Trainer_Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trainer_Altair
Well, speed wouldn't really matter, Golem is very slow.
I'd pick the Adamant Graveler to evolve, a Bold nature reduces the Attack stat for Defense.
You won't be putting any special attacks on Golem, so use the Adamant nature which reduces Special attack for Attack.

''We work in the dark to serve the light.''
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Nature: Quirky
Natures don't matter much in-game, so it's all up to personal preference. Although I think the Adamant nature might be the one worth using since it does have higher Attack and Golem won't be needing special attacks anyway, plus its Defense is good enough as is. The main problem is that it's still weak to most special-based attacks, and especially 4x weak to Grass and Water.
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old August 17th, 2013, 04:57 AM
curiousnathan
I will find you

I'll just merge this into the 4th Gen Help Thread. If you have any future questions pertaining to 4th Generation Gaming, feel absolutely free to ask them in there!

[ Moved ]

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old August 17th, 2013, 01:19 PM
simonomio14

I have a level 3 larvitar with an adamant nature that just hatched with the moves bite, leer and outrage. I was wondering when and how should I distribute my vitamins?
HP: 16
Attack: 8
Defense: 8
Sp. Attack: 6
Sp. Defense: 8
Speed: 7

TL;DR: when and how do i give vitamins to a larvitar?
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:58 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Quick questions belong in the 4th Gen Help Thread.

[ Moved ]

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Simba
I just can't wait to be king

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Simba
Do you have to complete the game for Dual Slot Mode to work? :D
Old August 18th, 2013, 11:43 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Hi, I'm not really sure but I don't think so, I would think that as long as you've the GBA game in the slot it should work Then again I could be wrong :/
Old August 18th, 2013, 01:30 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

As far as I know, your dual slot should work perfectly regardless of your progress in your game. Of course, to harness its uses you need to be able to access certain facilities which are only available when you defeat the Pokemon League. (Eg. Pal Park.)

Anyway, quick questions don't warrant their own thread and belong in the 4th Generation Help Thread.

[ Moved ]

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
Davy90

Hey. I need some advice guys.
I'm very excited for X and Y to come out in almost two months, but god, I'm not patient!
I'm thinking about buying the SoulSilver game, so i can entertain myself while waiting. I'm a original fan from back in the days when the Pickachu Edition came out in 1999, but my favorite storyline and favorite monsters was the one from generation Gold/Silver. I would love to play it again, but you know, the quality is kind of **** compared to what we have evolved with today. So that is why I'm considering SoulSilver because it's a remake of everything that I love, which new beautiful layout.
I did try the hacked game called "Shiny Gold" on my android phone with an emulator, it was fun, but god those bugs is a pain. I also tried "Light Platinum" and it was really good, but I tell you.. those bugs.. ugh, I need a real game. Generation 3 is not my cup of tea.. I never played Generation 4 and I finished Generation 5 (Black 2) not too long ago.. or at least how much i could of it. But I don't have the passion for the 5th Gen. it's a bad storyline and bad monsters.
I tried playing SoulSilver on my computer with a emulator, since there's no proper emulator for phones, but damn it lags a tiny bit when i walk on my computer. I don't feel comfy playing from a computer. I need the freedom to move around with the game in my hands..

Is it worth paying for SoulSilver this late?
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
KoolKat vs. Lucas
KoolKat Gold

OK, here's my views:

1. X/Y and R/S Remakes are in Generation 6. I'm getting either X or Y and the Sapphire Remake, so I'm saving money.
2. My first game was Crystal. My favorite Game (and the most fun) was HeartGold, and SoulSilver is almost identical, but it has Meowth (so basically my friend has SoulSilver, and I can get Persians :D )
3. Personally, I would definitely get SS or HG, it's great.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Davy90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat vs. Lucas View Post
OK, here's my views:

1. X/Y and R/S Remakes are in Generation 6. I'm getting either X or Y and the Sapphire Remake, so I'm saving money.
2. My first game was Crystal. My favorite Game (and the most fun) was HeartGold, and SoulSilver is almost identical, but it has Meowth (so basically my friend has SoulSilver, and I can get Persians :D )
3. Personally, I would definitely get SS or HG, it's great.
there's a Sapphire remake??
Well, I don't think any of us know what will be in generation 6 We have no idea what the storyline is, and what Pokemon from before is going to be in it.
So you think despite the two months left, I should still get SoulSilver? I know I can transfer old pokemon into X/Y game, but it doesn't feel the same as actually catching them. And the environment and adventure doesn't always feel the same in newer games despite better graphics, you know?
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Peitharchia
// and finite incantatem

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Peitharchia
If you've never played SoulSilver before, then you should definitely get it. ^^" You may have played Pokémon Gold or Silver, but Pokémon SoulSilver is a completely new game. They do have some similarities here and there, but they also have a lot of differences, though. I wouldn't really want to miss out on this game if I were you. Plus, Pokémon that you end up catching in this game could later be transferred to either Pokémon Black or White (or maybe even X/Y), so that's a good thing.

Last edited by Peitharchia; August 22nd, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Location: Above Singapore, below Thailand. Hm, you don't know where that is?
Nature: Modest
I'd say it's a good choice! SoulSilver has been one of my favourite games to date and I'm sure you'll feel the same. If you've enjoyed the GSC generations, you'll especially enjoy SoulSilver. It's has a tie to the older generations, but at the same time has a completely different feel to it - you won't want to miss it!
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

You can always trade Johto/Kanto Pokémon to Black and White/2 then to X and Y. So yeah, I would say get it.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:24 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

HGSS are one of the best mainstream Pokemon games, in my opinion. If you're a GSC fanatic like me and grew up playing the games, then I strongly recommend you buy Soul Silver; you definitely won't regret it. It brings a fresh view on Johto but at the same time retains that sweet sweet nostalgia. It's got a bunch of new features and some of the quintessential areas of the region are brought to life through some stunning graphics.

Anyhoo, help threads and quick questions belong in the 4th Generation Help Thread so I'll move this, there.

[ Moved ]

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old August 23rd, 2013, 06:17 AM
Crackle
A Rite of Passage

Send a message via Skype™ to Crackle
Does being on Set battle style affect wild Pokémon battles in this generation? In Platinum and SoulSilver, when my Pokémon faint against wild Pokémon, it automatically sends me to my team of Pokémon to send out another. Why isn't it asking me if I want to use my next Pokémon or run? I am playing on Set battle style, but that doesn't happen in Gen III or V (in those games i've had my stuff faint against wild Pokémon, even on Set mode, but there it asks me if I want to send in another Pokémon or run from it). So why does it force me to send out another one?
Masuda Method #1 - Shiny Noibat, 2/12/14, 174 eggs
Credit to Lilith for the avatar!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links