Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Reload this Page RubySapphireEmerald Drake, the Captian of the Abandoned Ship. Could it be?

For all updates, view the main page.

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old August 23rd, 2013 (12:34 PM).
Hi guys, this is to be my first post, & it's about Drake of the Elite Four... It's just thoughts to share out with you, so hopefully it'd not do any inconvenience.

Drake says "I dedicate myself to the Pokémon that saved me" when introducing himself to the player before the battle. Drake's outfit resembles a ship's captain, & the cuts on his coat reflect he had a tough time sometime... So could it be that he & his S.S Cactus suffered a very bad weather conditions, like heavy rains & high tide & waves, that deeply damaged the ship, & 'that Pokémon' saved Drake when he & the ship have no hope to be rescued, & so then the high waves kept on pushing & pulling the ship until it was captured by Route 108s rocks...?

I didn't watch the Anime contents about Drake, but so far I just read about it in Bulbapedia, yet this has nothing with the Anime, but it's only about the video game.

Waiting for your shares & thoughts guys, & thanks for it much.
Old August 23rd, 2013 (1:03 PM).
mega castforms by fairy :3
Nature: Modest
Hmm this is an interesting theory that could be very possible! I've never thought about it tbh, but there could certainly be a connection between the two.
Old August 23rd, 2013 (10:40 PM).
Nature: Brave
Yeah it seems like these two are somehow connected... Also maybe this is because of those Wailords maybe who did that.. I can only think of them in this as they are huge you know..
Old August 24th, 2013 (12:58 AM).
knight of time
Nature: Naive
I think it is a very interesting theory, plausible even. The pokémon that saved him are probably one of the pokémon on his team. And thus, he decided to give up seafaring after that and became a pokémon trainer instead. Eventually reaching E4 for his dedication maybe :)

social media teamster on Facebook
Roleplay Theatre
Doctor Who fanclub
Homestuck fanclub

Old August 24th, 2013 (1:26 AM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic
Nature: Brave
I agree with this theory 100% it is very likely that they are connected

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old August 24th, 2013 (2:45 AM).
Nature: Bold
this thread is going nowhere fast.
but sure, its a plausible theory. can almost guarantee it will never be confirmed nor denied.
Old August 24th, 2013 (4:36 AM).
Try to be the very best.
Nature: Jolly
It's a good theory,and it can be true.Good job
Possible with you...

Supporter of:

Old August 24th, 2013 (11:49 AM).
Platinum Tier
Nature: Serious
It's a nice theory but there's no proof that the story is true. I guess it's up to your imagination.
FC: 1203-9327-2949
IGN: Serena (X), Landon (OR)
Old August 25th, 2013 (1:21 PM).
Guys I'm sorry for the late, but you all are awesome here. Thank you all for your shares, & to (alienhunterx) & (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) for enriching & adds to this theory. So glad it had your appealing, & not being alone anymore with thinking of it, you know.

Yes it's a matter of fact that nothing approved or mentioned about any kind of connection between Drake & The Abandoned Ship S.S Cactus, but both of them shares a 'mysterious' & 'unclear past' that wasn't explained clearly within the game's story & dialogs, unlike the rest of the game's characters, right? Drake's introducing holds this 'dramatic' within his fewer words about being saved in the past, but from what, when, where, & how it happened? Maybe that what Nintendo & GameFreak left for making guesses,,, Could it be cleared up in some upcoming remake for this wonderful game of Emerald? Hoping so, & you with me, right?

Thank you again & so glad to be a part of your wonderful community here in the PokéCommunity.com.
Old August 25th, 2013 (2:24 PM).
Nature: Quiet
It's definitely possible. I think it'll be a good idea for Game Freak to have more back stories on characters throughout their games. It makes the character that much more interesting in my opinion.
Old August 27th, 2013 (6:36 AM).
Interestingly Drake's coat, to be more precise the skirt of his coat, looked quite torn.
Abandoned Ship has numerous holes as well, seemingly reflecting his connection with the ship.

Drake's Self-Introduction from Emerald makes the whole thing more interesting.
I dedicate myself to the Pokémon that saved me.
Old August 29th, 2013 (1:37 PM).
Nature: Lonely
That's an amazing theory.
Old August 31st, 2013 (4:19 AM).
I am legend
Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Very true, could be interesting. Just don't brand off anything that isn't canon, I see that this theory can spread into a developed rumour. Good job on figuring it out, mate.
Old August 31st, 2013 (2:16 PM).
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier
If this developed into a full-blown rumour that would be hilarious.
But yeah, really good theory, never really thought about it myself - although I've always assumed his Salamence saved him, and he got it fully evolved - he has Shelgon as he feels he needs to raise one from a Bagon to be a true Dragon master. Salamence can fly and use Hydro Pump, so could have easily saved him from a shipwreck. Plus it's big enough to make a mess of the insides (if rocks hadn't done that already).
Here's another idea though: Rayquaza saved him. When he says "I dedicate myself to the pokémon that saved me" he means how he's training dragons in tribute to Rayquaza.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links