The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:10 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Username: ChocoboCam
Favorite Character: Alex Louis Armstrong
How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?:I got into FMA when I was trying to start getting into some anime. Brotherhood seemed to be the most recommended, but it wasn't on Netflix at the time, so I settled with the 2003 series. I absolutely loved it so I bought the Blu-Ray collection of Brotherhood. I love both of the anime and I plan to buy the manga.

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old August 15th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Hi guys, welcome to the club! :D

Chuckles, I really love Major Armstrong. He's definitely one of the most hilarious characters on the show.. FMA has some of the most brilliant characters and you can get attached to each and every one of them so quickly.

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old August 15th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Antemortem
shenanigans is a huge tit

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
So I uncovered my Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood box set of episodes 1-33 and it's unopened and I'm still unsure if I should open it and watch or if I should keep it and sell it or something. XD; I still have yet to see all of FMA:B so the former is more inviting, but...
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:48 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Hi guys, welcome to the club! :D

Chuckles, I really love Major Armstrong. He's definitely one of the most hilarious characters on the show.. FMA has some of the most brilliant characters and you can get attached to each and every one of them so quickly.
Oh heck yeah. The characters are probably my favorite aspect of the FMA series. Edward seems like a realistic character that gets sad, happy, angry (especially if you call him a pipsqueak), annoyed, confused, and teased. I would say character wise the 2003 series is better, since more characters get fully fleshed out, Like Hughes, Basque Grand, and Nina .

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old August 20th, 2013, 05:15 PM
SinfulGuroRose
Ignore me, I'm socially inept.

Nature: Bashful
Username: SinfulGuroRose
Favorite character(s): Envy, Ed, Lust
Answer a topic: (I hope you don't mind if I do two.)
Does anyone here have any merchandise, like plushies, figurines, DVDs, etc? I have issues 1-9 of the manga (although mice ate the backs off some :<), the whole first anime, and the Star of Whatever it is movie.
How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime? I first got into FMA through adult swim, although I stopped watching for like 3 years, since I saw the first episode when I was like, 8? xD Needless to say, Mrs. Elric's reanimated remains terrified me. But once I got back into it, FMA became, and always will be, my favorite anime. I could write a whole essay on how much I love it and why, but I won't bore you guys. U wU;

Old August 20th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
So I uncovered my Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood box set of episodes 1-33 and it's unopened and I'm still unsure if I should open it and watch or if I should keep it and sell it or something. XD; I still have yet to see all of FMA:B so the former is more inviting, but...
Ahhh watch it. Brotherhood is so much better than the original series imho and the characters are so much more fleshed out. You'll definitely cry at least a few times watching it. ;o;

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:14 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
As Cirno said, brotherhood is so much better it follows the manga directly meaning that nothing changes I read the manga and watched Brotherhood it is so much better even though FMA is so good I cried like 10 times

PairFriend Code
Old August 23rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Sheep

Let's try and get the club a little more active again! Deadness is inexcusable. That means.. time for a new topic!

Fullmetal Alchemist has two movies: "Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa" and "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos." The first film follows the original series while the latter was set within Brotherhood, the second series', timeline. Have you seen either of these movies? What did you think of them?

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
ElectricPikachu

Nature: Gentle
Username: ElectricPikachu
Favorite character(s): Alphonse! He reminds me of myself, for some reason.
Answer a topic: I got into the manga when I was very young, about 9, maybe? I was so young, I didn't want my parents to find out I was reading that kinda stuff. I took it from my older brother's bookshelf and read it when his back was turned. I was older when they made the anime. It disappointed me a bit, and I stopped obsessing over it for about a year. Then Brotherhood came out, and I found my true love. I just LOVE Brotherhood, I like it a bit better than the manga. The voice acting in both languages was magnificent, the music was powerful... I just loved Ed's antics, and the way they could add humor into the most serious situations. Man, that was long.

MY CLUB MEMBERSHIPS
-
Full Metal Alchemist
Harvest Moon
Animal Crossing
-
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:31 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to the club, folks! Thanks for joining us here and sharing your fond memories of getting into this amazing series. I'd very much like reading essays on why you like this series. :)

Fullmetal Alchemist has two movies: "Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa" and "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos." The first film follows the original series while the latter was set within Brotherhood, the second series', timeline. Have you seen either of these movies? What did you think of them?
I've only seen Conqueror of Shamballa, and it quite peacefully ended the main series. Good animation, fight scenes, music, character interactions and such. I wasn't too happy with
Spoiler:
Ed and Al staying on Earth's side of the gate, and thus away from Winry :(
Regardless of the ending, I imagine Shamballa is heaps better than Sacred Star of Milos, which I've read bad reviews on. I haven't gotten around to watching it for myself, though. Thanks for reminding me, dear! Good news, Cirno is now Co-owner of this club. :D
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
SinfulGuroRose
Ignore me, I'm socially inept.

Nature: Bashful
I've seen both movies, and I personally think Shamballa is the better of the two; even though I liked Brotherhood more than the original anime, I still think that movie was one of my favorite parts. Especially the chibi omake. xD That cracks me up every time.

If you don't mind my saying, The Sacred Star of Milos completely and absolutely sucked. It had terrible art and animation, plus it really didn't connect with any plot at all, even if it was set in Brotherhood. It was like the FMA creators just made a movie of their OCs and decided to throw Ed and Al in there. :/

Old August 25th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Sheep

I haven't seen the second one yet! D: In fact.. when googling to get their names to include in my post I found out there was a second movie set in Brotherhood's timeline, haha. Going to have to watch it ASAP!

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I still haven't had the time to watch the other movie. How about new topics, fellow alchemists.

What character do you have the most in common with?

If you were a state alchemist, what would you want your code name to be?
Old September 11th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Sheep

Hmm.. I'm not sure. I'm probably as nice as Al but at the same time I have a hard time showing my care for others since I'm generally quite shy. I guess I have a mix of Al and Winry's personality?

Lightning Alchemist! Because lightning and thunder are the best~

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
Username: Full Metal
Favorite character(s): Edward / Winry / Greed+Ling.

I've seen Conqueror of Shamballa but not Sacred Star ( now that I know it follows Brotherhood, I really want to ). I personally think Shamballa did a great job extending the story through but they completely shattered all the alchemic rules / guidelines. Magic???? Alphonse knows magic???????????? !!!?????!

Edward, even though he is the main character. ( short temper lol / prodigy / disregard for family rooted in fathers / all or nothing sort of mindset ).

Cold Steel. :3

( Also, the CSS on the first post is amazing tbh )

* edit *

I watched the Star of Milos and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Ashely's existence bothers me, and I'm not entirely sure if Julia actually knows alchemy or not.

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.

Last edited by Full Metal; September 22nd, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Sheep

Welcome, Full Metal! You have an amazing username, just so you know. :3

Uuugh I loved Greed + Ling though. Those two were adorable and
Spoiler:
I truly believed Greed would turn over a new leaf and stick around in the end, plus seeing Ling care so much about him despite what he was was very touching. But he died and I couldn't help but cry.

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to our club, Full Metal! It's a tiny pun, you see. ;D

Also, Greed. :(

Hmm probably Al since I am quite kind and passive, but I do take a stand when I have to protect something. That and I really wish I could be surrounded by cats. :D

I wanna shoot flaming daggers. >:O Hellfire alchemist. Did I mention I was a sweetheart? :]
Old October 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Sheep

Let's liven this baby with some new topics, shall we? :D

Are there any characters you wanted to get more screentime/to see more of, be it in the original Fullmetal Alchemist or Brotherhood? Why?

Have you read the FMA manga? If so, did you read it through until the end or was the anime your preference?

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old November 6th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Are there any characters you wanted to get more screentime/to see more of, be it in the original Fullmetal Alchemist or Brotherhood? Why?

That be... a good question. I don't have any honest clue. D: Maybe Rose because she wasn't really in the manga at all.

Have you read the FMA manga? If so, did you read it through until the end or was the anime your preference?

Of course I have... I've read it four times all the way through and I prefer the manga.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old November 20th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki's Sword View Post
Of course I have... I've read it four times all the way through and I prefer the manga.
Four times is impressive! I started reading it around episode 40 of the anime and got through to the end. Now that I think about it, I probably should read the manga from beginning to end just to experience that and see if there was anything different there compared to Brotherhood. The art style's lovely!

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old November 20th, 2013, 11:25 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
I've seen Conqueror of Shamballa, and it sucked imo. There's ONE giant plot hole in it that I can't get over.....

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old December 10th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I find Lust's design so interesting and so I do wish she had more screentime. In the 2003 anime, she had far more development outside of just being a Homunculus. Her backstory here caused me to feel sorry for her. Don't get me wrong, Lust's final moment in Brotherhood is what got me hooked into having to marathon that one, but I didn't feel connected to her as much because of her lack of screen time in Brotherhood.

I started reading bits of it; when the semester ends, I'll have to jump right back into it. I still prefer watching something over reading because of the added visual and sound effects.
Old December 18th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZangFloyd View Post
I've seen Conqueror of Shamballa, and it sucked imo. There's ONE giant plot hole in it that I can't get over.....
Aww! I actually have very vague memories of Shamballa since it's been too long. Really need to pick it up and rewatch without skimming this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
I started reading bits of it; when the semester ends, I'll have to jump right back into it. I still prefer watching something over reading because of the added visual and sound effects.
This is my preference too. It's just so much easier for me to get attached to a story and its characters if I could hear music, sounds, and voices - makes everything feel a lot more alive.

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old January 4th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Aw that Edward icon is so cute!! Just saw this cub. :o I'll join!!

Username: Bruce Banner
Favorite character(s): Alphonse Elric (so generous), Edward Elric (such a good brother), Roy Mustang (ofc), and Armstrong
Answer a topic:

Big Green Alchemist.

:3

Also, to answer another one of the questions, I started watching the anime in either 6th. or 7th. grade. The I started watching Brotherhood in 9th. grade. Really enjoyed both anime series. Haven't seen all of Brotherhood, but have seen all of the "original" FMA. Such a good anime; haven't read much of the manga tbh.
Old January 6th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome to our corner, Bruce Banner! :'3 You really should see all of Brotherhood!

I'm getting vague memories of some arcs, so who's interested in joining a Livestream sometime?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here