The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gunner View Post
SO THE GET TOGETHER IS SOON! Are you excited for it? What events would you join if it were approved?
Indeed I am! I'm probably not participating (boo) but I like to see everyone get involved and have fun.

If you were an admin for a day, what would you do?
Just admire my awesome red name, baha. That's clearly the best part of being an admin! But naw, I'm not sure what I'd do other than look into changing my username.

How did you find out about PC?
I remember googling for Shiny Gold in 2006. PC was one of the first if not the first result.

What's your favorite board on PC?
Too many! I love the Advance Generation Gaming and Metal & Color Generation Gaming boards, but of course The Welcome Lounge is first. Pokemon Clubs, Chit Chat & Polls, Pokemon Anime, and Pokemon General are really fun as well.

What's your favorite event on PC?
April Fools all the way! The site is so fun on each AF holiday.

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
Ah, okay, I admit I usually love April Fools xD

trust me, I'm the Doctor !

Old July 7th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

I'd like to get involved with all the crazy stuff that goes on in the HQ and the rest of the staff forums, like discussing potential moderator choices. I always love choosing people who I think would be awesome staff members.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old July 18th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Doctor
& time lord

ECHO echo echo

So, what do you guys think of PC's current layout? Is it good in comparison to other pokémon forums? Are there some forums you'd like to change or switch around?

Old August 9th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Sheep

So, what do you guys think of PC's current layout? Is it good in comparison to other pokémon forums? Are there some forums you'd like to change or switch around?

The default? It's wonderful and I'm so glad we're using it as the current default. I feel it fits really well with PC and is so aesthetically pleasing. :) Plus it was made by a good friend so I'm a bit biased, hehe. PC definitely has better skins compared to other Pokemon forums.. this is honestly the nicest-looking forum I've ever been to, Pokemon or not.

But I'm satisfied with the current forums layout~

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old August 12th, 2013, 05:12 AM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

hello 8)

Username: Razor Leaf
Reason for Joining the Club: Because... idk, I like PC, haha. Been on it a good while, done a lot here, and met some great people. It's pretty awesome generally. 8)
Who's PC's Site Admin?: Rukario

I think it's pretty nice. It's organised, makes sense, and... yeah, haha. In terms of the order than the forums is in, this is talking, anyway. If you're asking about the skins then damn we're awesome. 8)

Although I'm also quite into the idea of pretty dramatically changing how the forum's laid out into something like, not even reminiscent of default vB to make us look really striking and unique. That'd be pretty awesome.

Old August 12th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Sheep

^I just thought the question over and realized the actual layout of the forums was probably what was being talked about.. oops. ;( On that note I do really love them and it has become almost the norm for me as it's usually the type of organization I look for when on other forums. Guess I've been active here for that long.

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Welcome to you too Razor! Now I'll get on the topic...

I like the layout, it what makes us stand out quite a bit compared to most vBulletin forums and that may have been why I managed to stick around for this long. It's easy to navigate, and everything is all detailed well. As for changing some sections, no thanks because I think they are just right.

Old August 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM
ErikaInRainbowCity
Everyday I'm Tumblin'

Nature: Hasty
Haha sounds fun! I'll apply~

Username: ErikaInRainbowCity
Reason for Joining the Club: PC is a great place and I'd like to show my support

I like it a lot, I like how there is a good separation between older posts and newer posts so that nothing is bumped up

PhotoSYNTHESIS
Old August 17th, 2013, 04:32 AM
White Raven

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to White Raven
Username: Jeanne1571
Reason for Joining the Club: PC's the only forum I use more than usual.

Eh. Bow to me my minions! Bwahaha!

Fate. I call it Fate. or I was look for trade shops with event I don't have, and happened to stumble on the only forum on earth that didn't swear every other word.

two words, Trade Plaza

Last edited by White Raven; August 17th, 2013 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Due to the recent COPPA enforcement here in PC, a new topic is in order!

What is your stance on COPPA in PC and how it has affected you?

Leijon

:33 < Coz you know I'd walk a thousand miles

#poc #fcg #battleserver #pclive #dailybloggity #theshippingqueensdiary
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Doctor
& time lord

My stance is that the thought behind the law is a good one, but it really doesn't work because kids sneak onto the internet without their parents knowing. So it's really pretty silly. And it can also be argued that parents should be responsible for making sure their kids don't get into trouble online, rather than the american government.

Other than that, it hasn't affected me more than that I raised eyebrows at seeing some unexpected names get banned. Mostly because I never asked their age before since age on PC has proven to be a really bad indicator on how great a friend or rational a poster you'll be.

Old August 26th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Sheep

COPPA has good intentions but unfortunately it is much too easy to fake an age or hide it altogether when you're on the internet. It helps out the occasional few children but I don't think it's something that's too successful in the long run and is very easily bypassed.

club 1 club 2 club 3
Old August 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
COPPA is a worthless law that doesn't merit any attention. It's just a stunt pulled by the conservative politicians; and it's ultimately powerless at keeping kids actually safe. All one has to do is lie about their age; or your age, and get you banned or shut down.

So it ultimately doesn't do any real good to enforce, and I think the PC staff is making a foolish move by suddenly enforcing it now; 10 years after the fact in a kneejerk response to some silly news story. The damage is already done and if anyone was going to complain; they'd have us anyway.

But if the case is that someone has already complained and it's being enforced; then the staff is making a mistake by not being transparent about that fact; and that's quite frustrating as well since many good members were unjustly banned because of a stupid law we didn't care about before.

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old August 31st, 2013, 10:57 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Won't affect me (and never would have because I joined PC after I was already 13) but the fact that the staff are suddenly enforcing it kinda bugs me. I've never agreed with the law and I remember it was the bane of my existence on the internet before I was "of age" so my kneejerk reaction--even over a decade later--is utmost annoyance to see the acronym COPPA. I hated having to enter my birthdate wrong every time I'd sign up on a forum. And I'd always sign up with a fake birthdate because why would a stupid little rule like that stop me? So I know every other kid on the internet does it too.

>_> Pretty sure PC's had admins that weren't even 13 yet (or at least, had only just turned 13 by the time they got the position) so obviously age isn't that great of a benchmark for whether or not someone is ready to be online. I know it's the only one that can really be enforced in legal situations requiring maturity but this isn't being carded for M video games and it isn't ordering alcohol when you look young. It's just such a frustratingly stupid law and I can't imagine it actually does any good on the internet. The only kids who'd actually bother leaving a site or not registering (or asking their parents) are probably sensible enough to be using the internet anyway and all the others are signing up with fake ages which you can't validate anyway so whyyyy even bother?

All that said, it is a US law and PC's servers are located in the US so I believe PC must be held subject to US law. There's so little chance PC would ever be targeted for not following it but if it ever were, to my knowledge the site could be shut down. (It absolutely wouldn't be worth fighting for it, money-wise. :/) So to that end I can't argue with the decision to uphold COPPA. I just wish it didn't have to be a decision at all.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old September 21st, 2013, 06:31 PM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

#newtopic

If you guys heard about PC 2.0 which Audy and the hstaff are working on right now, its this new software that'll change PC or something :P

What do you expect from PC 2.0?

Leijon

Old October 5th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Doctor
& time lord

I'm not sure I'll like everything about it, from what he's been telling us haha. I know a little about what's coming but I don't know if it would be leaking to say details here (as if I even know any details. I don't, really). Posts won't look quite the same, some sections of PC will get organized very differently and messaging will probably be done differently. All in all it'll likely make PC work more smoothly but I'm not good with changes so I'll likely try to use the old PC for as long as I can xD

Old October 30th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

another revive ;-;

OKAY now, for those who don't know, PokeCommunity has its own battle server which can be located right here.

Have you visited the Battle Server? Are you a reg there? What are your thoughts about it?

Leijon

Old October 30th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Have you visited the Battle Server? Are you a reg there? What are your thoughts about it?

Yeah I have visited the server, and I'm a regular there who is an ex-voice and has quite a load of identities there. I managed to learn a lot thanks to the server, and it changed my views on the forum forever.

Old October 30th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I think the Battle Server of PC's is awesome! I'm one of the regulars there, and I like this server, because I learned much from the server, that I becoming more comfortable hanging out in the forum as well.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old October 30th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Tsutarja
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Of course I have visited the Battle Server and I am indeed a regular at it. Who wouldn't like the battle server? I mean it may seem intimidating for new users at first, but everyone is nice really! If it weren't for the battle server, I would have never known that Pokémon were split into tiers, either.
Old October 30th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Of course. I go there everyday. It is the most amazing place with a very friendly and laid back atmosphere where people can just hang out relax and have the craziest nonsensical chats and a few friendly battles with one another. A word of caution: once you set foot into it, it's one of those places which tend to draw you back in no matter how hard you try to leave or stay away. It's that awesome it's irresistible.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old October 30th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

I think I'm a regular there, I come every day! One of the things I find interesting is how everybody has alternate usernames with which they sign in from time to time, and figuring out who's who's really fun! It's a neat way to chat with people in real time who's in a different timezone than you.
Old November 1st, 2013, 01:32 AM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

I am a regular there, a former voice too, and I absolutely love the Battle Server. Makes you go insane x3

Leijon

Old November 8th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
Username Laugh
Reason for Joining the Club Gunner VM'd me to I love PC very much and I've met a lot of wonderful people here, so why not?
Who's PC's Site Admin? Rukario the Great

Spoiler:
I think I was browsing around some pixel art on Google, which later lead me to PC. I was actually very reluctant to join because I was only nine when I had my first account, so I didn't know how people would treat me back then. Turns about PC was a really friendly community, and I don't regret anything.

Probably Chit Chat & Polls, since that's the board I'm most active in. I love how random the questions can get and I love reading other people's opinions, as well.

What's your favorite event on PC? (Like PCX, April Fools', Easter Egg Hunts, etc.) Why?
I don't really know what to answer to this 'cause I don't participate that much, but I'd have to say I enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt on one of my alt accounts.

If you have a chance to make the event for PC, what would it be?
Some sort of trick or treat system, where a member has to do something to get "treats," and whoever has the most treats by the end of the month wins.

What did you think of the AF prank 2013?
I wasn't here to witness it lol. But I bet it was funny! The members here have such good humor.

What do you think about the recent name changes in PC this year?
It's okay. I'm used to it now, but I do prefer saying OVP than CC&P.

Do you think that there will be more mod promotions in 2013 than there were in 2012?
Yeah, definitely. Right now there are a lot of new mods, and I'm sure that they'll do a wonderful job running the forums.

Not much, 'cause it's only for a day and I'd probably go like "Oh my God, I'm a mod!" for twenty-four hours straight so I wouldn't be able to spend my time as a mod lmao.

SO THE GET TOGETHER IS SOON! Are you excited for it? What events would you join if it were approved?
I was actually pretty excited, but I didn't participate 'cause I was always offline. I blame homework and school!

It's perfect just the way it is! :p

What is your stance on COPPA in PC and how it has affected you?
It affected me quite a lot. I never thought that I'd be so close to getting banned from PC. I remember the time when I logged on and I got two VMs saying goodbye and "We'll miss you." I didn't know what the heck they were talking about until I saw the COPPA thread. It was like my worst nightmare was realized. I was panicking because my parents wouldn't get home early enough to sign the permit, especially with the different timezones, but I managed to get my father sign it and here I am.

Oh God, I really have to get updated on things. Someone please explain to me what this PC 2.0 is all about lol.

I've visited, but I'm a really horrible battler so I don't go there often. I think it's a great place for the members to hang out, but being the socially awkward twelve-year-old I am, I'm way too shy to participate in the conversations there.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here