The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Blaziken42205

Advertise here
The first time I played through the games I only did it to get some of the items they offer, but then I realized how cool it is and played it a lot more.
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
I competed in it pretty often back in my last run on Soul Silver so I could get my hands on the stones needed to evolve my Eevee and Togetic, thankfully it wasn't too hard and it definitely paid off when I started destroying my opponents with Vaporeon and Togekiss lol.

Gotta love the high life.
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:07 PM
lovechicken

I actually love hte Pokeathelon. I can't believe we have to settle witht hat dumb contest thing in Black/White when the pokeathelon was just so much better.

The best part is using pokemon that you still love that are way too weak for your team. I swear, my power team is a sunflora, pinsir, and marowak.
White: Samurott, Stoutland, Reuniclus, Conkledurr, Escavalier, Zekrom
White 2: Reuniclus, Carracosta, Archeops, Scoliopede, Accelgor, Haxorus
Silver: Arbok, Pidgeot, Espeon, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Lugia
Black 2: Mawile, Politoed, Raichu, Umbreon, Sunflora, Nidoqueen
Pearl: Jirachi, Salamence, Garchomp, Magnezone, Cradily, Empoleon
SoulSilver: Starmie (Twinkle), Aggron (Titanium), Charizard (Sodapop), Breloom (Funguy), Gengar (Malice), Houndoom (Simone)

Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:29 AM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have played a fair share of the Pokeathlon in my SoulSilver run, but I only usually did the Stamina course where I always entered my star Pokemon in said course, my trusty Miltank. She helped me win a lot of stuff thanks to how sturdy she is. At least you get some good items out of it though, like evolution stones and those other items used to evolve Pokemon by trading.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
TheTorraRegion

I breed eevees in HG (HG is my main game for breeding now), and so I mostly do pokeathlon for evolution stones. I can absolutely beast the Speed event with three Jolteons! My relay race record is 16 laps! No joke! My wrist hurt sooo bad afterwards! But I do the pokeathlon all the time for stones, and also because I think it's really fun!
Old August 24th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Fiery Dash

I found some of the games irritating like the snowball, lamp jump and football in particular.
Though my main purpose to participate Pokeathlon, it's because of the prizes -- Heart Scale, evolutionary stones.
Old August 24th, 2013, 02:59 PM
KillerHamster

I do use the pokeathlon, because by getting points you could spend them and get rare items to be able to evolve your pokemon that needs it. For example, to get the thunder stone to make eevee in to volteon, you basically need to compete the pokeathlon to get the right amount of points to be able to get the thunder stone (which is 2500 points).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here