The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Shiny Quagsire
I like .short's because they're comfy and easy to wear.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchhack View Post
Can anyone please explain to me how to use the Firered Hacked Engine? I would like to insert more ow's, and more palletes and don't know how. Please PM me if you know how.
It's all there, you just need to know your terminology and read very carefully. It's all in the guide that comes with it. For overworld editing, I believe you have to set one of the unknown bytes for the overworld to the correct overworld table number, and pallets are set up with your new table (I think).

Old October 21st, 2012, 10:02 AM
Nara567
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Careful
As I understand, this cuts off compatibility with the Start Map editor, so where would I go in the Hex Editor to change the start map?
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nara567 View Post
As I understand, this cuts off compatibility with the Start Map editor, so where would I go in the Hex Editor to change the start map?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=270

Spherical Ice's post
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:45 PM
awipe1

I have a question, and this might sound stupid cause i'm a little new but how do you add more sprites to advanced trainer? I am pretty sure you can do that using this hack engine but i'm not sure how

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.

Last edited by awipe1; November 9th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:15 PM
mindwalks
Unhatched Egg

hi ive been hacking and setting up my game without the engine for a few weeks and the only reason is because im having trouble loading other programs like smca and any other editorsr besides advance map. they all come up with "runtime error 380" or something like it.
so my question is am i missing something after putting the engine patch on?
ive read the readme as in skimmed mostly for info but seems to be info for using it after its applied right. looking forward for a reply thankyou.
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:47 PM
CameraFan
Unhatched Egg

I'm trying to install this to add more OW palettes but when it gets to the variables for Dynamic OWs promptbox it can never progress when I put in a free variable. Am I missing something?
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Wynchester
Legendary Trainer

This is interesting. I think I might try it out sometime. Thanks for the Patch, friend!
To all people who I was trying to help: my computer has encountered a major virus wiping out all of my emulators and related files. My computer and USB drives are in critical condition as far as infection. Please forgive me for any work you were hoping I could do for you, but I don't even have the files for the original games anymore. So for now, I have to resign from work until my computer gets cleaned. I will try to return to hacking as soon as I can, but it may not be for a while.

UPDATE: My computer and devices are cleaned, but atm, I do NOT have access to my hack tools. I can not hack for anyone including myself. My apologies to anyone this inconveniences.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:10 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
Does anybody know to get special 0x58 to work? The Wild Pokemon Switcher? I keep getting random leveled ?????????? and Sunfloras, weird. =/

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Shiny Quagsire
I like .short's because they're comfy and easy to wear.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
I have a question, and this might sound stupid cause i'm a little new but how do you add more sprites to advanced trainer? I am pretty sure you can do that using this hack engine but i'm not sure how
That's a completely different thing that what this patch does. This patch expands the OVERWORLD table. If you wanted to add more trainer sprites, you'd have to repoint and expand the trainer sprite table as well as the trainer sprite animation table.

Old May 9th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
So just to confirm, the .ips and tool perform the same job right? Because I get an unhanded exception when running the tool though parallels.

also, why so dead thread? o_0
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
So just to confirm, the .ips and tool perform the same job right? Because I get an unhanded exception when running the tool though parallels.

also, why so dead thread? o_0
The .IPS applies everything in the hack, the tool lets you pick and choose.
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:23 AM
vizor

Is ist possible, to make the Tools and patches avalible for German Firred and other Languages? It shouldnt make too much work, just ROM-Offset researching i guess..
Awesome work duide :D
Old June 18th, 2013, 08:30 AM
darky123
New World Pirate

Nature: Hasty
If I use this tool to start a new hack, can I still use other tools, editors and scripting? Thanks!
Old August 10th, 2013, 02:09 PM
TorNyan
Hacker

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraFan View Post
I'm trying to install this to add more OW palettes but when it gets to the variables for Dynamic OWs promptbox it can never progress when I put in a free variable. Am I missing something?
Same problem here. Not only with the OW hacks though. For example:
Quote:
Choose the variable for the wild pokemon level switch
. Tried different variables between 4000 and 4100.
I'll just use the ips file instead, if its true that the ips applies every engine hack provided.
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Le pug
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Choose where you go when you die, even if it's not a pokecenter.

this i want, though i don't know how this works? do i just patch it or what cus the folder isn't really self explanatory

like i see the whole apply special program but is there a tutorial and guide cus the pokecenter thing i want really badly

Check out some of my contributions:
• Check out my easy tile insertion tutorial, Inserting Tiles Into AdvanceMap For Dummies
Click here to find out how to remove clouds from the Emerald titlescreen
• Check out the most updated Emereld Decapitalization Patch around by clicking here
• Need help fixing a gross bug in your hack? Let me show you how by clicking here

Click here to view the PC thread of Pokémon: Discovery.
Click here to view the PC thread of Pokémon: Fat Kid.

Pokétch ROM Hacking Community Pokémon: Discovery Discovery Twitter Discovery FB IRC Chat

Last edited by Le pug; August 24th, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:36 AM
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
Choose where you go when you die, even if it's not a pokecenter.

this i want, though i don't know how this works? do i just patch it or what cus the folder isn't really self explanatory

like i see the whole apply special program but is there a tutorial and guide cus the pokecenter thing i want really badly
This is FR exclusive, and JPAN is gone. So here, apply the patch, then use the tool to customize. Choose FREE variables, probably might want to use Jambo's flag/variable extensions. Then you're not done. The first town (pallet town) doesn't warp properly, so fix it with a-map 1.92. then you're good.
Old September 26th, 2013, 09:01 PM
superluke

So, I'm having trouble with a few commands and hoping some could help me out.
The commands are :
Special 0x58 – Wild Pokémon Data Switch
Special 0x16 – Change Pokémon species
Special 0x52 – Temporary Status inducer
so if someone could just walk me though the making of thes script that would be very help full
Old October 11th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Turtl3Skulll
Blue Turtl3

Special 0x2f - key dumper.
If anyone knows how JPAN's example work in his guide, please explain.
Adding things up in the binary calculator is what I don't understand how to do.
Old October 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM
LykO

Very useful, perfect, God bless!

Old November 30th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Merak
Because reasons.

I'm having problems applying the hack using the hacktool.

When I try to apply certain hacks, such as the OW hacks or whiteout hacks, I have a problem where it won't progress.
It'll ask for a variable for something(EX: variable for dynamic OWs for the OW hack, a variable for the pokemon level switch hack, or a variable for the map etc for the whiteout hack) and no matter what I input and no matter how many times I input it, the exact same box will pop up and ask for the exact same thing, and it will not stop.

Am I missing something, or am I doing something wrong? If so, what is it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Credit for the userbar goes to xVaporeon; credit for the avatar goes to Snakeyem12.
MY WRITING
Old November 30th, 2013, 02:41 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merak View Post
I'm having problems applying the hack using the hacktool.

When I try to apply certain hacks, such as the OW hacks or whiteout hacks, I have a problem where it won't progress.
It'll ask for a variable for something(EX: variable for dynamic OWs for the OW hack, a variable for the pokemon level switch hack, or a variable for the map etc for the whiteout hack) and no matter what I input and no matter how many times I input it, the exact same box will pop up and ask for the exact same thing, and it will not stop.

Am I missing something, or am I doing something wrong? If so, what is it?
Thanks in advance for any help.
It took me a bit to figure this out, but JPAN set restrictions on what vars you can use. However, poor coding on his part, he didn't share those restrictions, at least that I could see. The vars that I found to work tended to be between 4050 and 40FF, which are the safer ones anyway. You can always apply the hack and then use a little hex editing to change the var to a different one later.

Paired with Simba
Old November 30th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Merak
Because reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
It took me a bit to figure this out, but JPAN set restrictions on what vars you can use. However, poor coding on his part, he didn't share those restrictions, at least that I could see. The vars that I found to work tended to be between 4050 and 40FF, which are the safer ones anyway. You can always apply the hack and then use a little hex editing to change the var to a different one later.
Ah, thanks. Now I can finally get that hack applied.

Credit for the userbar goes to xVaporeon; credit for the avatar goes to Snakeyem12.
MY WRITING
Old December 6th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Gorrioncillo

somebody knows how to make a really good move tutor, i want to do so with special 0x17 but it teach the move to all pokemons, and that make illegal pokes, i need to make one similar to the moves teacher in the game, is this possible???
Old December 6th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Merak
Because reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrioncillo View Post
somebody knows how to make a really good move tutor, i want to do so with special 0x17 but it teach the move to all pokemons, and that make illegal pokes, i need to make one similar to the moves teacher in the game, is this possible???
Okay, I'm no expert on hacking, but I have a suggestion. Try using something like XSE to open the script for a move tutor currently in the game. Look at the data and try to figure out how it works, it shouldn't be too difficult(I think). Then copy the script and modify it to fit your specifications.

Note: I don't know for sure how easy/hard this might be or if it will be completely successful. Just a thought. If anybody has some actual information, feel free to be more helpful than me.

MY WRITING
Old December 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrioncillo View Post
You need to goto HEX, to do that.

Anyway, here's an example of the script

#org @Start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @AlreadyLearnt
msgbox @WantToLearn
boxset 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @DontWant
setvar 0x8005 0x1 (Setvar 0x8005 0x1 is reserved for Mega Punch I think, you'll need to goto into HEX to change it).
special 0x18D
setflag 0x200
release
end

Here's a guide
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=258
Hello, my friend created a Youtube Channel that features Pokemon gameplay/strategy and some Lol stuff. It will mean a lot to him and me if you guys can like and subscribe to his channel. Thank you. Here's a link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekp-...3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpp...3_3Ihr1Z_YwMig
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links