The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat > Celebrations

Notices

Celebrations "Happy birthday! Happy anniversary! You're a moderator now? Congrats!" Threads celebrating events such as Birthdays, Promotions, PC Anniversaries, and other happy member-specific stuff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:30 AM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Astinus, one of the true veteran mods of PC, has received a coat of orange paint and become a super mod! Unfortunately it does not match blue Nidoking at all, but maybe he can make it work out.

...Maybe.

Congratulations! =D
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:52 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Congratulations, Astinus!

We don't know each other well, but I do know that you've been with the staff for a long time now and that you've been doing a great job. Enjoy being h-staff, man~
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:03 AM
Tsutarja
Burning hot!

Wow, congratulations Astinus! I'm sure after all those years of moderator blue, you were the perfect choice to become the next super moderator!

Spoiler:

Gym Leader Flannery wants to battle!
Slugma (Lv. 26) - Magma Armor - (Flame Thrower, Sunny Day)
Torkoal (Lv. 28) - White Smoke - (Overheat, Attract)
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:23 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I'm so glad to see you get promoted; I can't think of anyone more deserving of the position. Congratulations, friend! :D
Old August 23rd, 2013, 02:38 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Yo Asty congrats on the orange powerup!

I've been so used to you in blue I didn't want it to change, but when Cat Dog stepped down I was speculating potential replacements and I immediately thought it was going to be you. While an orange username and a shiny blue Nidoking don't exactly match, I know you'll have loads of fun moderating everywhere on the forums and that secret hideout known as Headquarters.

I'm sorry I missed this, but we're all proud of you. Now your first job is to find a new mod for FF&W!

~ Hikari
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:11 AM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
Congrats on the big orange promotion, Astinus! You really deserved it, and even though I don't know you personally, I'm sure you'll make an awesome new Super Mod. Do your very best in your new position and make us all proud! :D

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old August 23rd, 2013, 04:54 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

Finally. It only took 60 years.

Glad to see you in orange. You've deserved it for so long and I'm so happy your time has come.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:12 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Another promotion! While I don't really know you personally, I always liked your Shiny Nidoking theme (my favourite shiny out there in fact!)

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
I say so many congratulations to you for this, Astinus. From what I have seen and heard is so very well deserved. Persistence prevails!

Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:51 AM
Sheep
im actually a foot model

Nature: Timid
Better late than never! Congrats Asti, I'm very happy for you!! :D ♥

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Avatar by Lilith | Signature by Achromatic
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:14 AM
derozio
My ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Title is a reference to one of asty's nicknames, right? Hunter was finally hunted down.

So happy for you, asty. Sorry I never got around to fulfilling my promise to you. But I remember it. Will definitely do it next year when I do not have so much stuff to study. Anyway, congratulations! I have seen how dedicated you are to pc during the time I served as staff and I'll just say that you absolutely deserve it. No question. Keep rocking, kay? Best wishes.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I saw this coming from 100 miles away! Congrats you totally deserve this and will do a fantastic job! =D

"By force of will!"
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Nature: Brave
Same here! You deserved this more and I couldn't be even more proud. <3 Go on and shine bright with your new orange coat of paint (and you should get your Nidoking spray painted haha), and best of luck with your smodness! <3
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Esper

Don't really know you, but from what I can see you always took great care of your section. Congrats!

deviantart blog pair
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
MOMMA!! I'm so proud of you. You've been the oldest moderator here for, well, a long time. You were the first moderator I really talked to and made friends with. And you adopted me as your "is this a boy or a girl?" child. If anyone deserved this position, it's you. I know you'll do great, momma! :) I really think this should have happened ages ago, but better late than never, right?

Fun fact: As you've moved on to smod-hood, you've passed your "Oldest Moderator" crown down to me. Did you ever think this would happen? lol

Edit: Uhhhhh don't spray paint your Nidoking tbh because you without a blue Nidoking just doesn't seem right lol :(

paired to peeta
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Waaah, congratulations!!!

:) I saw Syd mention this on twitter and had to come see if it was true. I've always really admired your mod work and I know you'll do just a phenomenal job as an s-mod. You've definitely earned it.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post

Don't really know you, but from what I can see you always took great care of your section. Congrats!
Oh wow. HE MUST USE THIS.

audy edit: IT'S NOT SPAM IT'S FINE LIGHTEN UP HAVE FUN PARTY
etc.
8)

rika edit: xD

Last edited by Adventure; August 23rd, 2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: ~
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Considering that you've been a mod for as long as I've been a memeber (about), I'd say that you damn well deserve this. =]

Congratulations on the promotion, Asty! You'll be amazing, I just know it. And make sure you keep the other smods on a leash, cause you know how cray cray they can get. And of course, try not to turn cray cray yourself. D;

/shot

Seriously, though, congratulations! <3
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Apple Juice
who are you
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
As soon as I have to stay at a place without wifi, this happens!

I don't know you that well, but I could quickly gather that you've held the moderator position for a much longer time than the others, and there must be a good reason! So congratulations, I'm sure you'll do amazing. :]

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:01 PM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I had a feeling it would happen at some point, you've been a mod for such a long time it made since you'd became an smod. Congrats on being promoted Astinus!!

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old August 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Avey
Enter The Slasher House

Hahaha wow. Back in the day I would have thought you'd never want to be anything but moderator of PF&F. Congratulations anyway... old friend.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Astinus, one of the true veteran mods of PC, has received a coat of orange paint and become a super mod! Unfortunately it does not match blue Nidoking at all, but maybe he can make it work out.

...Maybe.

Congratulations! =D
Thanks, buddy! I'll have to find a rotten mango at my store and take a picture of it to share with you. Given the track record of my store, it's very likely that will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
Congratulations, Astinus!

We don't know each other well, but I do know that you've been with the staff for a long time now and that you've been doing a great job. Enjoy being h-staff, man~
Aw, thanks, Pave! I'm sure I'll enjoy my time as h-staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
Wow, congratulations Astinus! I'm sure after all those years of moderator blue, you were the perfect choice to become the next super moderator! :)

Spoiler:
That picture! I saved it to keep forever and ever.

I'll miss the blue (one of my favorite colors) but orange goes so well with Nimh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I'm so glad to see you get promoted; I can't think of anyone more deserving of the position. Congratulations, friend! :D
Thanks, Nathan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Yo Asty congrats on the orange powerup!

I've been so used to you in blue I didn't want it to change, but when Cat Dog stepped down I was speculating potential replacements and I immediately thought it was going to be you. While an orange username and a shiny blue Nidoking don't exactly match, I know you'll have loads of fun moderating everywhere on the forums and that secret hideout known as Headquarters.

I'm sorry I missed this, but we're all proud of you. Now your first job is to find a new mod for FF&W!

~ Hikari
Haha at all the people saying orange and blue don't go together! I have a Furby with that color combination, and she's pretty.

We'll have to see about that last bit, now won't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
Congrats on the big orange promotion, Astinus! You really deserved it, and even though I don't know you personally, I'm sure you'll make an awesome new Super Mod. Do your very best in your new position and make us all proud! :D
Thanks, synerjee! I'll do my best with all my new responsibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Finally. It only took 60 years.

Glad to see you in orange. You've deserved it for so long and I'm so happy your time has come. :)
Nearly six long years.

Thanks, Nick. <3 That means a lot coming from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
Another promotion! While I don't really know you personally, I always liked your Shiny Nidoking theme (my favourite shiny out there in fact!)
We need to talk more, fellow shiny Nidoking fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I say so many congratulations to you for this, Astinus. From what I have seen and heard is so very well deserved. Persistence prevails!
Thanks, Rika! And as I told Scarf, I'll switch over to the gold Nidoking if I ever feel like changing my avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Better late than never! Congrats Asti, I'm very happy for you!! :D ♥
Thanks, Cirno! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
Title is a reference to one of asty's nicknames, right? Hunter was finally hunted down.

So happy for you, asty. Sorry I never got around to fulfilling my promise to you. But I remember it. Will definitely do it next year when I do not have so much stuff to study. Anyway, congratulations! I have seen how dedicated you are to pc during the time I served as staff and I'll just say that you absolutely deserve it. No question. Keep rocking, kay? Best wishes.
Dero, just the fact that you signed on to congratulate me means a lot. I miss you. <3

I know you'll do your best to keep your promise when you come back to us. But in the meanwhile, you keep rockin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
I saw this coming from 100 miles away! Congrats you totally deserve this and will do a fantastic job! =D
Thanks, jelli! I'm sure I'll do all right some day soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Same here! You deserved this more and I couldn't be even more proud. <3 Go on and shine bright with your new orange coat of paint (and you should get your Nidoking spray painted haha), and best of luck with your smodness! <3
Thanks, Megan! Scarf handled the spray paint job and did amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post

Scarf, I can't thank you enough for that. It's perfect, and Nimh likes having a gold twin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
MOMMA!! I'm so proud of you. You've been the oldest moderator here for, well, a long time. You were the first moderator I really talked to and made friends with. And you adopted me as your "is this a boy or a girl?" child. If anyone deserved this position, it's you. I know you'll do great, momma! :) I really think this should have happened ages ago, but better late than never, right?

Fun fact: As you've moved on to smod-hood, you've passed your "Oldest Moderator" crown down to me. Did you ever think this would happen? lol

Edit: Uhhhhh don't spray paint your Nidoking tbh because you without a blue Nidoking just doesn't seem right lol :(
It seems fitting that I adopted you as a "boy or girl?" child. Like parent, like kid apparently!

I always thought that you and me would be sitting in rocking chairs, closing threads by pushing them with canes, and complaining about the good ol' days of everything while we're on vBulletin version 27.

As I said on Twitter, Nimh's not going anywhere, so I'll always have a blue Nidoking with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Waaah, congratulations!!!

:) I saw Syd mention this on twitter and had to come see if it was true. I've always really admired your mod work and I know you'll do just a phenomenal job as an s-mod. You've definitely earned it.
Erica! That means a lot hearing that! Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Considering that you've been a mod for as long as I've been a memeber (about), I'd say that you damn well deserve this. =]

Congratulations on the promotion, Asty! You'll be amazing, I just know it. And make sure you keep the other smods on a leash, cause you know how cray cray they can get. And of course, try not to turn cray cray yourself. D;

/shot

Seriously, though, congratulations! <3
The lack of sleep is really starting to make me crazy. Though I've heard that if you think you're crazy, you're actually not. So...

Thanks, Dipu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Juice View Post
As soon as I have to stay at a place without wifi, this happens!

I don't know you that well, but I could quickly gather that you've held the moderator position for a much longer time than the others, and there must be a good reason! So congratulations, I'm sure you'll do amazing. :]
Thanks, Apple Juice! (And now I'm thirsty.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
I had a feeling it would happen at some point, you've been a mod for such a long time it made since you'd became an smod. Congrats on being promoted Astinus!!
Thanks! I kind of wish that my workplace was more like PC! I've been at both for years but have only gotten promotions here. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekky View Post
Hahaha wow. Back in the day I would have thought you'd never want to be anything but moderator of PF&F. Congratulations anyway... old friend.
Rekky, what a familiar face. It's great to see you, and I hope everything is well for you. My thoughts were along your line years ago, but I guess something has changed. Thanks for stopping by.
Old August 24th, 2013, 05:33 AM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

I literally spent the last day thinking it was a great idea to recolour a Nidoking sprite for you, did it , then realized Scarf beat me to it.

Oh well. Enjoy your slightly less gold Nidoking! What matters is that you're in a position now which gives you a lot more leeway to show everyone how dedicated you are, and how much you can do for the forum. I'm looking forward to working with you on h-staff, Hunter. I'm sure you'll help us bring (even more) great things to PC!
Old August 24th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Orange is the new Black. Congrats, literature king. <3 I really hope you do good as an Smod. Keep posting in the lit corner, though. T_T
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old August 24th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Congratz.

Hope you find an orange Nidoking soon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links