• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Years
It is too early to know but I know that I'll be using a Gardevoir. I always liked that Pokemon and never gave it a shot. And I was thinking of using it in X&Y and then they added the Fairy type to it. No complaints here hehe :)

Also, it's been so long since I had an Electric type in my party and I am definitely going to use an Ampharos so I can try the Mega Evolution too.

And If I get the shiny Eevee I am hunting I am going to give Sylveon a try. :) I really hope Gen 6 has some really awesome Pokemon so that I don't know which one to use :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Chespin

There are too many good fire types already to pick Fenny, and I'm not a fan of Froakie. I'll use one of the Fs on Y.

Talonflame / Torchic

Unless Talonflame becomes a wicked Fire/Poison manticore, I'm picking one of these two. Fire/Flying and Fire/Fighting are both very useful type combos.

Malamar

Dark/Psychic are you kidding me!!! You have to pick this guy. And I couldn't play through X without trying that awesome new evolution technique!

Azumarill

With the new Fairy retyping, this one will be my dragon slayer. Give it Ice Beam and Moon Blast, dayum. As long as it's available early in-game like in BW2, it'll be on my team for X.

As for the rest of the team, I'll have to wait and see what Pokemon are available before the 4th gym (I like to complete my team ASAP and spend a lot of time with them). This could all change though. I might decide when they come out that I only want to use Kalos Pokemon, but we'll see...

Ayselipera

Well I can't say for sure, but I can pick out some that are really appealing to me at the moment.

Not sure about the starter yet until I see their evolved forms, but as of now I'm in between Fennekin and Froakie.

My absolute favorite new Pokemon so far is Spritzee. I love the concept and the design is really adorable. I really hope if it evolves it's not something really disappointing. I also really liked Gogoat in the beginning, but since grass types are my favorite I'm hoping a more plant like Pokemon will show up and I'll end up going with that one. Only other one that really grabbed my attention was Honedge. I think it's cute being a sword and all tehehehe

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
Years
Chespin line, Pancham/Pangoro and Flabebe for now. I have no problem using Bunnelby if it evolves into a Normal/Ground or plain old Ground type.

Years
I know for certain Froakie will be on my team at this point, but I'd also continue my usual tradition of including a Flying-type so I can use Fly, as well as a Grass and Fire-type so I can complete my Grass/Fire/Water trio, where the starter takes up one of the types, and I already got Water covered. I may also give a Fairy-type a shot, as one of the remaining two slots that usually go to wildcards.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Based on what's been revealed:

• whatever Froakie will evolve into, unless Chespin's evo or Fennekin's evo are way better
  • Clauncher/Skrelp depending on what version I get
  • Malamar because squids are amazing
  • Oorotto because who doesn't want an evil tree?
  • Noivern because it looks like it will be powerful
  • the event Torchic because Torchic is my favorite starter of all time :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
As of right now...

Absolute definite: Malamar (My favourite of the bunch so far, it's the only one I really can't see not being on my team right now)

Very Likely: Fennekin (Unless the evos drastically change my opinion I'll go with the fire type, haven't picked the fire type since Torchic so it's overdue. Although then again I haven't picked the grass starter since Chikorita.... ) Regardless, it's the first time since the 3rd gen that I don't feel like using the water starter.

Likely-ish depending on various factors: Flabebe, Helioptile, Mawile, Clauncher

I don't expect it to turn out this way completely, things can change so easily. No doubt when every 6th gen pokemon is revealed there will be some casualties in the above list.

Last edited:

tnfsf11

Well I tried making a diverse team out of gen 6 pokes only:
  • Froakie/Skrelp
  • Malamar
  • Helioptile
  • Noivern
  • Sylveon/Swirlix
  • Pangoro/Gogoat

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would've expceted to have seen more Pokémon by now, with less than two months to go and only 37 revealed I have a feeling we will be getting a lower amount than usual, around 80 maybe? Anyway so far my team is shaping up to be something liiike:

Fennekin (Fire/Psychic?)
Fletchling (Flying/Fire)
Inkay (Dark/Psychic)
Clauncher (Water)
Swirlix or Sylveon (Either way it's going to be a Fairy type)
??? (Reserved for a new, unrevealed Pokémon maybe)

Actually 37 is normal, actually above normal. We usually don't even see 30 before the games comes out. Last Generation was a leak that was never suppose to happen. I highly doubt we will get less than 100, not to mention stupid.

Anyways, right now I am going with the following

Pangoro
Torchic
Chespin
Clauncher

I do not normaly only do the game with 6 pokemon. I usually get around the area of 15 and use through the game.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Well I thought I was only going to be playing X and I would just get Y later down the road, but since I've heard rumors that Nintendo is only going to be selling a "limited supply" of actual cartridges I opted to pre-order both of them so I don't lose that opportunity. So that changes my plans a bit.

I don't have anything set in stone until I can check out every last Pokemon that will be available in these games. But from what I've seen I'd like these guys on either of my teams.

For X my starter is going to be Chespin and for Y my starter will be Fennekin. I definitely want a Sylveon, and if it's possible to get the other Eeveelutions in the regional dex, then I'll probably opt for one in the opposite game. I really love Swirlex and Vivillon. Noivern is a possibility. And unless I can find another flying type that I really really like I'll probably just stick with Fletchling/Talonflame.

It's possible that I may end up using X for my standard play through and use Y for any challenges that I take on so I may end up only having one set team. We'll see.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
So far,

Fennekin
Riolu(Will eventally be Mega Lucario)
Gogoat
Noivern
Haxorus
Helioptile

Once I beat the game I'll have Xerneas.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I've concluded that Spritzee must be on my team. I wasn't sure what to think of it at first, but I've since come to really like it and it fills the slot in my team preserved for a Fairy-type.

Years
I'm gonna play this game entirely blind. No planning, no knowing what the gym ore E4 types are or any of that. When I plan, the game seems to easy.

Years
All starters look promising, it just depends on their evolutions. Pangoro, Talonflame( Its different then Normal/Flying which is awesome) and also Noivern. But until they reveal all the new Pokemons I can't chose.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2016
I have a lot of favorite in this gen..

Atm, my team will probably be:

Froakie
Clauncher
Honedge
Pangoro
Litleo (if his evolution is badass)

Can't wait to see the whole pokemon list..

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I'll go for chespin, then use tortchic that way I've got some bases covered, theeeeeeeeeeeeeen idk

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
Given that a new Pokemon or old pokemon availability in Kalos does not change my mind, I'll use:
1. Chespin
2. Helioptile
3. Kresp..? (The poison thing)
4. Talonflame
5. Pancham
6. Clauncher

Back