The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?
Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying 5 21.74%
No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning. 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Crimson Hunter
Pichu lover <3

Nature: Adamant
Will u follow the lore of the anime like crystal onix, or real problems like people trying to scam you with magic karp and feebas or pickpocket you or different environments where poke centers and poke marts are cabins with snow around them and fire places something to make you a little more cautious while you try to get to the elite four and for crystal onix can you try to make crystal or diamond type that's weak to fire,sound and ice also it said in some pokedex entries as onix age they become as hard as diamond but they look a very dark shiny black so maybe on of the elite for who is rock type can be an old man with a onix that he had since he was a baby also I have a question will you make it so that once you choose your starter your rival sees you but than forgets who you choose so he chooses the pokemon that you are strong against just because even though its not broke why not change it up?
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:32 AM
SereneAmbience
Founder of Pokémon Ambient

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Hunter View Post
Will u follow the lore of the anime like crystal onix, or real problems like people trying to scam you with magic karp and feebas or pickpocket you or different environments where poke centers and poke marts are cabins with snow around them and fire places something to make you a little more cautious while you try to get to the elite four and for crystal onix can you try to make crystal or diamond type that's weak to fire,sound and ice also it said in some pokedex entries as onix age they become as hard as diamond but they look a very dark shiny black so maybe on of the elite for who is rock type can be an old man with a onix that he had since he was a baby also I have a question will you make it so that once you choose your starter your rival sees you but than forgets who you choose so he chooses the pokemon that you are strong against just because even though its not broke why not change it up?
-I have thought about the Crystal Onix concept excessively. It's an easy idea to just create Crystal-type or Diamond-type or maybe Glass-type, but I find that it is unnecessary. The main reason is there isn't very many other Pokémon that would fit this type description. Well... maybe Sableye, but I like his Dark-type/Ghost-type combos. It would be silly to create a type for just one Pokémon, if you see what I mean.
-Pokémon Ambient is based on a realistic revolution plot structure. I won't be incorporating pick-pocking or theft, besides the real move used to steal items. Different environments: uh..yeah. Serene is a based on a set of tropical islands, so the environments will all look vastly different. With the warmer climate, you won't find a location in Serene to be snowed in.
-I like the idea of the Magikarp salesman. He always brought a smile to my face for his expensive demeanor.
-About the rival example, if you read the descriptions on any sites but check the official Google site. Zachary Woods already has a Pokémon before you pick your starter. I felt that would be a great way of changing the controversial "rival picking the weaker starter" idea.
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
if you're thinking of crystal/diamond types, why not some ice type pokemon? like glalie or cryogonal? or those icecream pokemon haha

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old August 14th, 2013, 01:29 PM
lauerolus

An ability and for a single pokemon however is pretty reasonable. Give it a new ability like, Crystal Guard: Attacks from and blows taken by this pokemon are always at Normal effectiveness, and have Onix take a new from if it has said abillity for the crystal sprite.
Old August 14th, 2013, 02:40 PM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
if you're thinking of crystal/diamond types, why not some ice type pokemon? like glalie or cryogonal? or those icecream pokemon haha
Don't worry about Ice-types, SR. =) They will all be there as I said before. I am currently creating a new location where you can capture them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
An ability and for a single pokemon however is pretty reasonable. Give it a new ability like, Crystal Guard: Attacks from and blows taken by this pokemon are always at Normal effectiveness, and have Onix take a new from if it has said abillity for the crystal sprite.
I like this idea. I could easily create a "crystal-form" Onix or such. An ability would be much easier. It wouldn't be that difficult as well, since I have already been implementing so many forms for the Serene adaptations.
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:59 PM
Superalexiy

I have a idea that I thought of while I was watching a play through of a pokemon game you should be able to register items like registering key items say you have a pokemon that's poisoned and you want a quick way to heal them with just one click of a button you can use a full heal also what do you think abou mega evo's will you include the button to do it if you do decide to make mega evo's a part of the game?
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superalexiy View Post
I have a idea that I thought of while I was watching a play through of a pokemon game you should be able to register items like registering key items say you have a pokemon that's poisoned and you want a quick way to heal them with just one click of a button you can use a full heal also what do you think abou mega evo's will you include the button to do it if you do decide to make mega evo's a part of the game?
-I actually had this idea also awhile back. Like when your Pokémon is poisoned in battle, it pops up a bar with the picture of an item from your bag that fixes the status problem. Lets pin this idea to use after I finish the battle mechanics.
-Mega-evolution. Even though I really dislike the idea of this, I would be willing to put in the released megas. The only catch is that someone would have to create the 2D sprites of these Pokémon first.
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Superalexiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneAmbience View Post
-I actually had this idea also awhile back. Like when your Pokémon is poisoned in battle, it pops up a bar with the picture of an item from your bag that fixes the status problem. Lets pin this idea to use after I finish the battle mechanics.
-Mega-evolution. Even though I really dislike the idea of this, I would be willing to put in the released megas. The only catch is that someone would have to create the 2D sprites of these Pokémon first.
I agree 110% the idea was made worse because you can only be in it for one turn another question that poped into my head was will you add 5th gens repel system honestlly 5th no matter what you say about it it has a amazing repel system also while it be required to get every singal 649+(for the forms i added +) pokemon for arceus also will you add the 6th gen legendary if so with there signature moves for example yveltov(death wing)
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:58 PM
SosukeArans

Excuse me sir, or madam(i think your a girl XD not sure haha) i love this project alot and love how you are one of the few people who have stuck with their idea!! I would love to help out if i could, i can't go any physical changes myself but i could promote it alot and help with the story line ^.^
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by SosukeArans View Post
Excuse me sir, or madam(i think your a girl XD not sure haha) i love this project alot and love how you are one of the few people who have stuck with their idea!! I would love to help out if i could, i can't go any physical changes myself but i could promote it alot and help with the story line ^.^
hahahahahaha, Yes, madam ambience, you have a great game, do you possibly have any leeks you can share with us, guuurl? any updates?

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old August 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
SosukeArans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
hahahahahaha, Yes, madam ambience, you have a great game, do you possibly have any leeks you can share with us, guuurl? any updates?
Dude i'm also following Pokemon Litharreon, hurry up bro! haha XD and do you need any help as well, Mister Raven of Saving? XD
Old August 29th, 2013, 11:24 PM
SereneAmbience

I could always use the support, SosukeArans! I would be a male, as my profile shows.

Anyways, I am working diligently on vast areas in the project. I will leak out some pictures and when I have time create youtube videos revealing some gameplay! Keep your eyes open!
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Superalexiy

i looked at the offical website for the game i didn't see evelution or type changing so can you tell what pokemon are being changed like say magmotar and electivire are fire/fight and electric/fight and what about trade evolution and eeveelutions will you add certain stones for eeveelutions or make them gain happines faster like pokemon amie for espeon and umbreon what about custom moves will you add manga move like mega volt, super rising thunder, and blasty(on bulbapedia) also those combination moves like iron tail + electro ball (on bulbapedia)
Old September 15th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Rayziken 2
Beginning ROM Hacker

I'm back! I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while... However, I have an idea regarding the Cosmic, Light and Sound-Types. Conveniently enough, the other day I made some images as to which Pokémon could be added to these types, and then I saw that you were planning on adding them. So, here's my list:

Cosmic:
Light:
Sound:

Also, to round up the types to an even 25, what about a Food-Type? I have a picture of that too, if you'd like to see it.

I have another idea, as well: Spooky Balls. These would easily catch any Psychic, Dark or Ghost-Type Pokémon.

Spoiler:
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:00 AM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayziken 2 View Post
I'm back! I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while... However, I have an idea regarding the Cosmic, Light and Sound-Types. Conveniently enough, the other day I made some images as to which Pokémon could be added to these types, and then I saw that you were planning on adding them. So, here's my list:

Also, to round up the types to an even 25, what about a Food-Type? I have a picture of that too, if you'd like to see it.

I have another idea, as well: Spooky Balls. These would easily catch any Psychic, Dark or Ghost-Type Pokémon.
I like your ideas! I will take your images into consideration. However, I feel that I have all the necessary types to balance the chart creatively. Food-type would be interesting, but again not necessary.. Spooky Balls is a cool idea! I am inspired to start items production soon!
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

Nature: Calm
Well i have been busy so I haven't been doing anything lately....
I have some few ideas.
-Add few mini games for EV training like Pokemon X and Y
-Maybe a easier way to get shiny pokemons?
Old November 22nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Superalexiy

hi i was just wandering how the game was doing? Also will you be able to make the full screen bigger
Old December 8th, 2013, 01:46 AM
SereneAmbience

Hey everyone! I am closing this thread on PC, because I can't keep up with my many forums and sites to publish Ambient! If you are apart of the team, I will still have DeviantArt for artwork, my main Google Site for all information and updates, Facebook for communication, and Skype (lord_ambient) for communication also.

Otherwise, I wish the best of luck to PC members and I enjoyed the company! =)

Sponsored Links