The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Meroetta

Are there any good spots for EV training? Since this is emerald I believe there's no power anklet or whatsoever except macho brace so any good ev pokemon giving out 2 points or more for each stats? :D
Old July 24th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
Spinda for special attack, Tentacool for special defense, Zubat for speed, Aron/Geodude for defense, Poochyena for attack, Whismur for HP. RSE was generous enough to have places in the game where these Pokemon are very prevalent.

Anyway, all the Pokemon I listed give 1 point in their respective EV stat for the EVs, but it'll be 2 with the Macho Brace. You can find more about the Pokemon that give what EVs and how many points by checking the FAQ.

paired to peeta
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Game is Emerald.

I went to the Department store in Lillyclove and brought a Pichu and Pikachu doll for a mat or table. The person said she will send it to my PC at home but I went back home and checked my PC and only my items I stored from my bag are in there, same with the PC in the Pokémon center.

Where is the doll hiding?

Thank you.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old July 25th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Did you check every option on your home PC? Been a long time since I've put a plushie in my room in RSE, but I'm fairly sure it's under a different option and not under items. Maybe it's labeled decorations? I know that when you boot up your PC in your secret base, they should be there under decorations.

paired to peeta
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Did you check every option on your home PC?
The only option I have is Item Storage. I did try to flick over by means of Right and Left buttons but nothing happens. I only see my Pokeballs and revives etc.. in the PC

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Last edited by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu; July 25th, 2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:44 PM
nitemate
Don't play Pokemon anymore ...

Nature: Rash
the decor items that you buy in R/S/E can't be seen in normal PC (in Pokemon Center) . Firstly u have to make a secret base (I hope u know where and how ). Then u go into the room and open the PC. The first option u will see there will b "DECORATIONS". There u could find ur decor items. The only other place, other than secret base, that I know, where u can find these items is your room in Littleroot town
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Dr. Zion

Nature: Quirky
In FR/LG, what are Pikachus strongest Electric and Normal type moves? i am struggling with the Elite Four when i try to use Pikachu because Thunderbolt is the only Electric move it has right now, and it isnt a strong enough move to take out Loreli's Pokemon in one or two hits. Any suggestions for moves i should teach my Pikachu?

Its current move-set is Thunderbolt, Return, Dig, and Rock Smash.

I don't use "uber" Pokémon. I don't calculate stat values. I don't use cheating devices. I don't breed my way to perfection. I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Infinite Latios
Champion

Nature: Impish
The answer is clearly to evolve Pikachu. Evolve it into Raichu. Iron Tail should be a good move.
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Dr. Zion

what level does Raichu learn Iron Tail?

I don't use "uber" Pokémon. I don't calculate stat values. I don't use cheating devices. I don't breed my way to perfection. I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Hikamaru
オニゴーリ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zion View Post
what level does Raichu learn Iron Tail?
It can be learned from TM23, and you get that at the Celadon City Game Corner by spending 3,500 coins.
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Dr. Zion

ok thank you :D i probably replace Return. what would be a good Electric attack to replace Thunderbolt?

Old July 29th, 2013, 05:45 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zion View Post
ok thank you :D i probably replace Return. what would be a good Electric attack to replace Thunderbolt?
Thunder, if you don't mind the 70% accuracy; other than that, Thunderbolt is Pikachu/Raichu's most reliable strong STAB Electric move.

Old July 29th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Dr. Zion

ok then ill stick with Thunderbolt and replace Return with Iron Tail. thanks everyone!

Old July 30th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Cryptonix

Is it possible to breed a ditto egg using two dittos in this game? I've got them chilling on Four Island and it's been a few hours...
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Hikamaru
オニゴーリ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
Is it possible to breed a ditto egg using two dittos in this game? I've got them chilling on Four Island and it's been a few hours...
Ditto can't breed with each other, but they can breed with any other Pokemon that is capable of breeding.
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Dr. Zion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
no. the only way to get more than one Ditto is to catch more. Ditto cant breed together. they can only breed with other Pokemon, producing the other Pokemon, never Ditto.

Old August 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Usually the Pokerus stops infecting other Pokemon in the party after it the time hits 12AM right?

But what about if my game cartridge doesn't read clock based event anymore and one of my Pokemon got the Pokerus, can it still infect others without me having to worry to put it in the PC to save the Pokerus since the time events doesn't work anymore?
Old August 6th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

I'm going to merge this with the Q&A. I know that when you were playing through Platinum, you needed a lot of help with that. Please make sure you don't post separate threads every time you have a question. If you need help, you post in the Q&A thread.

paired to peeta
Old August 6th, 2013, 06:18 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Usually the Pokerus stops infecting other Pokemon in the party after it the time hits 12AM right?

But what about if my game cartridge doesn't read clock based event anymore and one of my Pokemon got the Pokerus, can it still infect others without me having to worry to put it in the PC to save the Pokerus since the time events doesn't work anymore?
Quote:
In FireRed and LeafGreen, as well as Colosseum and Pokémon XD, since the time function is absent, and a Pokémon with Pokérus will keep it indefinitely (it can't spread Pokérus, either), until it is transferred to the Hoenn-based games.
So as Bulbapedia said, it will keep Pokérus in FR/LG until it is traded to a Hoenn game.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:54 AM
athenian200

There is a guide that's telling me that it's possible to get Tinymushrooms and Big Mushrooms on the middle level of Mt. Moon with all the ladders going up and down (between the basement and the top floor), in Pokémon FireRed. There are certain rocks you're supposed to press A in front of, and get the item.

However, I've tried pressing A in front of the rocks, in front of every tile near the rocks, etc. Reloading the area by leaving and returning, everything I could think of. But the game is acting like there are no hidden items in that location at all.

I know for sure that the items are there because I checked several different guides describing the same locations, and I even confirmed their existence by checking out the area in AdvanceMap.

Why won't the game give me those mushrooms when I'm standing in front of the rock and pressing A? It's been bothering me because I want to 100% the game, and I'm counting hidden items... which means I need to get these.

Any advice?
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Just4You
Try to be the very best.

Nature: Jolly
Hi guys,can you tell me a good team to beat E4 in Pokemon LG?My current team is:Ivysaur:Lv-25,and Pidgeotto-Lv:25.

P.S.-I can get them from trade and,I was thinking to get a Machamp.

Supporter of:

Old August 27th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
There is a guide that's telling me that it's possible to get Tinymushrooms and Big Mushrooms on the middle level of Mt. Moon with all the ladders going up and down (between the basement and the top floor), in Pokémon FireRed. There are certain rocks you're supposed to press A in front of, and get the item.

However, I've tried pressing A in front of the rocks, in front of every tile near the rocks, etc. Reloading the area by leaving and returning, everything I could think of. But the game is acting like there are no hidden items in that location at all.

I know for sure that the items are there because I checked several different guides describing the same locations, and I even confirmed their existence by checking out the area in AdvanceMap.

Why won't the game give me those mushrooms when I'm standing in front of the rock and pressing A? It's been bothering me because I want to 100% the game, and I'm counting hidden items... which means I need to get these.

Any advice?
My suggestion is to have the Itemfinder.
Here, I found the exact locations from Bulbapedia.

Big Mushroom x3
  • Two are found in the adjacent rocks down the first ladder, which is reachable from 1F (hidden)
  • In a rock down the third ladder on 1F(hidden)

Tiny Mushroom x3
  • In a rock down the first ladder on 1F (hidden)
  • In a rock down the second ladder on 1F (hidden)
  • In a rock just before the exit (hidden)

And if you want more, you may use the following move to take it from wild Paras.
  • Covet¹ ²
  • Thief¹ ²
  • Trick²

¹Since Paras has the ability Effect Spore, you should pack some Full Heal or items with similar effect to heal your Pokémon, if they are inflicted with status problems.
²You should have no items held on the Pokémon that will perform the aforementioned moves.
Old August 28th, 2013, 05:48 AM
killhooligan
Brock climber

Nature: Relaxed
I've been training up Kadabra and its got to the point where I can now learn reflect and have a full set of psychic moves but I don't want to forget disable as it seems too useful. I could just not learn it but it seems quite useful but the only move that really seems like I should replace it with is teleport. Should I?
Old August 28th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy

Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
Definitely. All Teleport does is end battles with wild Pokemon immediately (and you can just run anyway), or warp you to the last Pokemon Center you used, which can be done with the more useful Fly. Reflect halves physical damage done to your team for five turns (or eight if the user is holding Light Clay). You won't be needing it much outside of competitive play, but it can be helpful in tough fights. In any sense, it's a lot better to have than Teleport!

Gym Leader Korrina
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4You View Post
Hi guys,can you tell me a good team to beat E4 in Pokemon LG?My current team is:Ivysaur:Lv-25,and Pidgeotto-Lv:25.

P.S.-I can get them from trade and,I was thinking to get a Machamp.
Any team will work. Just get them to similar levels to the Elite Four and it'll be fine. I would recommend putting in the hours to capture a Dratini and raise yourself a Dragonite - strongest pokémon in the game IMO (Except Mewtwo, obviously).

Sponsored Links